Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
115 Willits Street
Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.camerons-steakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2487231700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Wednesday, 5:00p.m.-10:00p.m.; Thursday-Saturday, 5:00p.m.-11:00p.m.; Sunday, 5:00p.m.-9:00p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Wednesday from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Thursday through Saturday from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hines
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Cameron’s Steakhouse features one private dining room that can accommodate 16 guests at 1 table or up to 20 guests at 2 tables with space for AV equipment. Two semi-private areas are also available, one accommodating 40 people at 5 tables and the other 50 people at 6 tables. For both semi-private areas curtains are used to separate the space from the main dining room. Three distinct banquet menus are featured to choose from for parties of 16 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Sally Gravat, General Manager 2487231700
A word from Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
There are no compromises are this sophisticated 21st century update of the upscale American steakhouse. Cameron's Steakhouse is Birmingham's premiere, classic steakhouse. From the rich walnut woods & jazz influenced art to the dark leather upholstery, Cameron's creates a sophisticated, inviting atmosphere. The menu & the service are extraordinary, featuring the finest choices of prime steaks, flown-in-fresh daily seafood and house made side dishes, complemented by a progressive 200 bottle Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Cameron's Steakhouse is open for dinner only, seven nights a week.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)notable wine list (31)romantic (27)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (20)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014camerom's steakhouse is a beautiful place and the food is delicious can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Great dining experienceBhamdinerDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I went to Cameron's to celebrate a Birthday. We hadn't been back for a while but we forgot how good it was. Both my wife and I started with a couple Greyhounds and those drinks were great. We had Corn chowder and Lobster bisque which were both delicious. For dinner we shared a 22 oz ribeye which was cooked to perfection and neither of us could finish it. For sides we had Chipolte fingerling potatoes which were delicious and very flavorful along with Creamed spinach which was very good. A couple glasses of Cab with dinner and the Chocolate lava cake for dessert and that finished off a great birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpricedlov2cookDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I went out for a steak dinner and were disappointed in the food. We started with the wild mushroom appetizer, which was the best part of our meal. He had the sweet corn chowder and I had the wedge salad, both were just ok. Then he ordered the ribeye and I ordered the bacon wrapped filet with creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. The potatoes tasted like frozen, and the dessert wasn't much better. It was an expensively disappointing first time experience. We had much better luck at Hyde Park. I had wished the manager would have visited our table that evening so we could have privately shared our experience. He seemed to make it to everyone but us that night....and they weren't even busy.Special Features:
- rdwrriorDined on 10/12/2014Meal was Good (not Great) but Pricey. Took 5 Family Members for Birthday celebration. I had never been here, but it was recommended so after looking at the on line reviews booked the reservation. Appetizers sounded great, but were marginal. Everyone in the party ordered Steaks which were a bit overdone. I am comparing this to Big Rock Chophouse which is where I would have gone had they not been closed on Sunday. Total Tab was ~ $100 higher than I would have paid at Big Rock and Food a notch below. Overall - Not Bad but not worth the price.Special Features:
- ms always kind to othersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014I was not happy with my seating...they put us in tight space I wish I had known before I got there I would have cancle my dinner...I think they compromise space just to get more reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014we had a wonderful eve. looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakhousedaleDined on 9/19/2014we go here regularly - very consistent quality. service is good. I think they should refresh wine list a bit - but we can never complain about the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceRandieDined on 9/14/2014All around great! We had a wonderful meal and great service. It couldn't have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Dining ExperienceSucculentDined on 9/13/2014Using Open Table to book reservations was easy. We drove over 70 miles from Toledo just to try Cameron's because we had heard great things about the area, the atmosphere, the food, and the service. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly young lady who wished my bride and I a happy anniversary, which was very nice. We were sat immediately and welcomed by our server. Our waiter(s) did a great job...we had a trainee who was great, and then dinner service was later taken over by Tim, who was fantastic...very friendly and polite. Dinner (steaks for both) was succulent. Because of our anniversary, we were treated to a delightful desert, which was also fantastic. Overall, it was a great experience. THANK YOU...we will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JamesDined on 9/7/2014Paul was delightful. He was honest, engaging, and helpful. He really added to our evening. The bread! The best bread I have ever had in Michigan.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite!GrazieVIPDined on 9/3/2014WE went for a birthday dinner, and were not disappointed. Great food, beautiful place.Special Features:
- I'll be there.SwankyDined on 8/26/2014I've used Cameron's multiple times for my special occasion dinner (anniversary, daughter's graduation, etc) and it has never let me down. At the same time I've revisited just for their happy hour and private meeting(s) to get great drinks and food. One of my ultimate favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an off day?chrisDined on 8/23/2014Cameron's is one of my favorite restaurants in Detroit areas but my dinner on Saturday was not up to snuff. My ribeye was undercooked (I ordered Med and it was rare) and a bit fatty. Service was good as usual and the other entree's were fine. They were also out of two of the beers on their menu (Stella and one other) that I would have ordered. I wish they returned to having a German beer like a Beck's / St. Pauli's. this trend of Michigan craft beers is not one that I like. Still a good meal and a delicious chocolate lava cake for dessert. one of the best I've had.Special Features:
- A great steakhouseGreatVIPDined on 8/15/2014My 2nd time there and I could not be happier with the food or service. Everything was perfect. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!MattDined on 8/11/2014With many steak options in downtown Birmingham this is one of the best. Great food, great service. I've done client dinners and hosted events there - perfect spot for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night Dinner at CameronsfoofdieVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were shown to a large booth we did not like. They were able to move us to a table for four, where we could barely hear each other. The noise level is quite high. Caesar salad with anchovies was good. All four of us had filets' and they were cooked perfectly, as ordered. Mashed potatoes were good, steamed broccoli was good, but could have used some seasoning and butter or a sauce of some kind. Dessert was a delicious, a small cheesecake with peaches on top. All in all, it was a nice dinner and I would recommend it to friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing at every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014The lobster app had little lobster, too much breading and was drowned in sauce. Difficult to taste any lobster. My wife and I each ordered a steak, me med rare, her med. Both were served well done. We advised the waitress and the meals were replaced, but after a considerable wait. My steak was fine, but no better than dozens of other restuarants and not as good as other steak houses. We were comp'ed a glass of wine, but would have preferred to address the situation in a different manner. For desert, we ordered the lava cake and were asked if we wanted ice cream. We said yes, but then were charged $7 for ice cream to accompany a $13 cake.
- Overall greatKplzspritz22Dined on 7/27/2014Every dish ordered from soup to steak to dessert was good! Not the best steak I've ever had. Would suggest getting a sauce or encrust!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - a little over priceyVandyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Wine list is great, food is very very good, definitely a little too pricey for my expectations though.Special Features:
- B- experienceNicnicDined on 7/25/2014Went for our wedding anniversary. Service- we had a good waiter. Knowledgeable about the menu and polite. Acknowledged our anniversary and gave us a free dessert. We appreciated that. However, I wouldn't say the overall service compared to other fine dining restaurants we have been to. Just not any of the "extra" touches. For example, the manager didn't acknowledge us in any way to check on our dining experience. I mean, if a manager can check on you at Outback, then certainly they can when your spending $160 bucks on your dinner. The bigger dissapointment was food. Filet was under-seasoned and tough even though it was cooked a perfect medium. Husband said same for his lamb chops. Will go to Flemings or back to Ruth's Chris next time.
- Excellent Selection by my CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I have never been to Cameron's for dinner before but was very satifisfied with the complete evening. Special Thanks BobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DatenightDined on 7/21/2014This was my firt visit to your restaurant. From the moment we entered the restaurant, we were impressed with the decor and the friendliness of the staff. The food was excellent. I commented on the flavor of the steak and felt it was one of the best I've had. It was a ver enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/12/2014Great food as always. The only issue is the service is spotty, depends on which waiter serves your table.Special Features:
- Saturday night dinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Nice table, but very noisy. I asked the waiter to bring my salad with dressing on the side, he didn't,so I should have sent it back. I asked for my filet to be medium rare, and it came closer to medium. Dinner was okay, not spectacular. I will probably return.
- Classic American SteakhousewwpnolaDined on 6/28/2014While visiting Birmingham MI from out of town, arranged to have dinner with a long time friend at Cameron's. I t was a great opportunity for us to catch up, have some good drinks, and great food. The bartender(s) is quick and generous; the wait staff attentive, but not intrusive; and a "just right" noise level. My bone in KC strip with peppercorn sauce was cooked perfectly. Definitely recommend to others and will be back next time I am in town.Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 6/27/2014Dinner was good.waiter was adequate.busboy kept the water glasses full.filet was good.we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 476 reviews are from the Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham reviews archive.
- Noisy Saturday Night DinnerfoofdieVIPDined on 6/14/2014We had dinner with friends on Saturday night. It was so noisy that it was hard to hear each other. My friends will not go back on the weekend because you want to talk and be heard. The food was good, not outstanding, the filet at Ruths' Chris Steakhouse is better. Caesar salad was ok, I asked for the light crispy hearts of romaine, and got the dark green not crunchy lettuce. Sides were ok, but not great. Our waiter was not particularly attentive, but that might have been because we were not drinking anything but iced tea. We ordered from the prix fixe menu which included a dessert that 3 of the 4 of us did not care for. We might go back, but will try Mortons' Steakhouse before we return to Camerons.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day dinnerKatmandu13Dined on 6/14/2014The service was outstanding. The food excellent. The drinks great. The ambience upbeat yet private. What more can you ask for? What more can I say?Special Features:
- foodfreakVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had one of the best steaks in town and the rest of the meal was great, too. We loved the tuna appetizer, the salmon and a wonderful and reasonably priced bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were blown away. Excellent food and service. Everything was perfect. Could not of asked for better. Will be returning soon!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Delicious dining!drlrlDined on 6/5/2014Our 21st Anniversary Dinner last night was very special. Cameron's is an upscale adult venue. The food was well prep'd and presented. Service very nice: our waiter was attentive without being hovering. I would recommend Cameron's to anyone looking for a spdec ial meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid ExperienceCushionPeakDined on 6/4/2014Took a client to Cameron's for a celebratory dinner. We enjoyed everything... food was properly prepared, flavorful and attractively presented, the wait staff was very professional and knowledgeable, they offered an extensive albeit expensive wine list and the facility was was clean and well decorated. But to be honest, the world is awash with high-end steakhouses and I found nothing to favor it relative to any other. But I don't think you can go wrong here, as long as you can afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service/FoodhandelingDined on 6/2/2014One of my colleagues food was not prepared as requested, She had steak and it was it was to rare. She eventually changed to the Salmon and that was very good. My Ceaser Salad had too much dressing next time I am going to ask for the dressing on the side, the Grilled Chicken was good. I understand the Lobster Maccaroni was good. I do believe the server got a littel annoyed with our group of five and she got a little rough handeling the dishes. I like the restaurant, I would suggest the Waitress get a little sensitivity training.Special Features:
- ExceptionalFoodie1Dined on 5/31/2014Everything about our experience at Cameron's was exceptional! The food was delicious and the wait staff was very friendly and professional!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!GrazieVIPDined on 5/31/2014It is always a special night to go to Camerons. The food is excellent every time and we love the rich decor.Special Features:
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Arrived before the crowd at 6:30 pm on Saturday to avoid the crowd. Server Tobin reslly took care of us! Wonderful warm bread was served thrn onyo an outstanding lobster bisque soup and a fair Caesar salad ( a bit on the plain side). Kay ordered rib eye steak which she said was excellent! Sides were a creamy, tasty potato and a terrific whole corn nibblets in some wonderfulfully prepared dish or ssuse. I had a sirloin with shrimp that was to die for...really huge prawns tastefully cooked and placed on a steak with some cheese or other topping that I really enjoyed. Actually couldn't finish the steak or help Kay with her steaming, pineapple and coconut bread pudding that she said was fantastic. Enjoyed 2 different Michigan craft beersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTEDAndreaDined on 5/18/2014Service was VERY slow. I was looking forward to this meal as I had been there before. When I was given my steak I questioned it because it looked more medium than medium rare I had ordered. I was assured that I had the correct order. Then another woman I was with received her steak and, not only was it twice the size of mine (we ordered the same thing), but it was medium rare -- she had ordered medium. I was given the bill and after giving the waiter my credit card, was informed that I was given the bill from the table next to us -- they had four people, we had five. Was also charged for premium beer instead of domestic and the waiter originally tried to tell me the beer was the same price. I was very frustrated.
- Business Dinner or Special OccasionBusinessDinerDined on 5/15/2014One way I judge the service is by never needing to look for my waiter or waitress...she stopped by at just the right time to see if there was anything we needed. At Cameron's my water glass was always full. Before my wine glass was empty, the waitress asked if I'd care for another. We were able to relax and enjoy a 3 hour dinner...never feeling like we had to leave. They handled my special order with ease and it came to the table exactly as I ordered it. My Caesar Salad was crisp with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, tasty dressing and anchovies with Filet Mignon cooked medium rare to perfection and sliced over the top with a little ground cracked pepper to finish it off. Cameron's has excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Impeccable food and ServicePrimetimeDined on 5/15/2014Our server Tony was the icing one the cake! As always he was right on the ball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Night Out!steakmonger2Dined on 5/13/2014Great food with great friends. Nice atmosphere and service was excellent! We'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.