Cameron's American Bistro
2185 W. Dublin-Granville Road
Columbus, OH 43085Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cameron's American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cameronsamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: (614) 885-3663
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Lindemeyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the original Cameron Mitchell Restaurant all to yourself by booking a private dining event today. Cameron’s American Bistro is closed during lunch hours & is therefore available for private parties seven days a week between the hours of 11: 00 am & 3:00pm. This restaurant may accommodate up to 90 guests & custom banquet menu options are offered to help plan your event.
- Private Party Contact: Keith Moorehead 614-885-3663x
A word from Cameron's American Bistro
Celebrate the grand reopening of our new Cameron’s American Bistro. Twenty years after opening in 1993, we've revised, renovated and revisited our original restaurant with a whole new take on the American Bistro. You’ll find a new menu with familiar favorites, and some brand new one’s as well as a wine list expanded in both choice and geography. There’s also a fresh new look from the bar to the dining room to the exterior. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cameron's American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Linworth ›
Cameron's American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (78)romantic (61)notable wine list (36)good for groups (22)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Can't go wrong at this place...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Though it felt like we were packed into the place like sardines, atmosphere was great and the food was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently one if the best in town!PYoderVIPDined on 11/20/2014Cameron's continues to be one of the 2 or 3 best restaurants in Columbus. Great food, great service, reasonable prices for what you get! A bit noisy at times but never annoying. Highly recommended for a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Decor--Still Goodkgilbert78Dined on 11/18/2014We go here a couple of times a year, but had not been here since they remodled. It was hard to tell, actually, but the place looks really nice and the food was as good as always. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014I come here for most of my special occasions. They really take care of us here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing staffKristineDined on 11/15/2014Our server was amazing, food outstanding, and the manager - Keith- was warm and inviting. Made my sister's birthday perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We dined with another couple. We felt the menu was extensive enough that we all found something we wanted to try. We enjoyed the relaxed service -- we did not feel rushed. John ordered the short ribs and really enjoyed them. He did, however, feel the meal; was a bit over priced for the serving size, not only for the ribs, but the potatoes and vegetables. Often, we find parking to be an issueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and settingJCMEDMHavertownPADined on 11/13/2014Had not been here for a while since we no longer live in Columbus. Nice renovation changes, same wonderful food and service. Many menu choices including evening specials. Server was friendly, efficient and got it all right. We'll be back when in Ohio.Special Features:
- Great Experience!dogwalkerDined on 11/12/2014My fiance and I celebrated our 3 years of togetherness at Cameron's. We had the calamari which was amazing. The only complaint I have is about the NY strip steak was really hard to cut, it was tasty but felt like I almost lost my steak a few times trying to cut it. The service is always amazing. We have been there a few times and will return but not for the steak. The noise level was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our "Go-To" PlaceSuziegrace2112VIPDined on 11/9/2014Love this place! We often take visitors here who are from out of town, as it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to dine!restlesspalateDined on 11/8/2014We've gone to several of the restaurants in the Cameron Mitchell chain and this one is by far and away the best. The food is very good (and they accommodate your special requests), the service is outstanding and the ambiance is really, really nice. The place "knows who it is and what it is about"--good options on the menu and nothing overdone in terms of adding sauces or odd combinations. Sometimes simple and uncomplicated are the best--and that made it very understated and elegant (NOT EVERY PLACE HAS TO SERVE KALE!). I had the walleye (outstanding) and my husband indulged in the Dixie Fried Chicken. Great for special celebration or just to have a good, solid meal with outstanding service. We'll be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceYummyDined on 11/8/2014Our waiter was very, very nice and attentive. I had requested a booth on the other edge, and my request was granted. Food was delicious and the timing of the entree's was excellent. Did not feel hurried. Very relaxing and romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhill!! Used to b my fave!YumYumDined on 11/7/2014Cameron's used to b our go-to place when we wanted a nice dinner w consistently great food. So disappointed in the change (been twice now) since their "renovation." The tables r now so packed you are literally eating on top of strangers. The server was annoying & checked on us every 2 minutes when we were clearly ok and in the middle of a conversation This happened 4 times! The food is smaller, the goat cheese salad used to have warm delicious medallions, now it had tiny cold "balls" sitting on a sparse pile of bitter tasting greens. What happened to the delicious shrimp and grits with broccolini?! Again about 1/2 the size, cheapened taste. Ambiance is rushed & crowded. Had to walk the perimeter of the room just 2 get to a table. So bummed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/5/2014The salmon special was delicious & this is one of our favorite Cameron Mitchell restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest of the CMR groupBobinUAVIPDined on 11/1/2014Overall, this remains my favorite Cameron Mitchell spot. Definitely the template for his success. Everything they do, they do exceptionally wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cameron's!mrob417Dined on 10/31/2014I was meeting my old Culinary Arts instructor for dinner because I'm moving out of state soon and we wanted to catch up. This was my third time here, and I have yet to be disappointed. Service was great, food came quickly and was delicious as usual. It was pretty busy and loud, but being a Friday night, I expected no less. Definitely make reservations, otherwise you will probably have to wait about thirty minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFearJDined on 10/31/2014This restaurant has been great for years. Always consistent. Try the lamb and the walleye.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Our first visit to Cameron's since it was remodeled. Somehow it seems roomier yet more intimate. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. Excellent service. I ordered the special - salmon with redskin smashed potatoes. My husband got the fresh walleye. Both were amazing.Special Features:
- LemnodDined on 10/29/2014Wonderful food, service and ambiance. Very much appreciated the complimentary rose and dessert as we celebrated our anniversary.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous times!Hate2CookDined on 10/25/2014We've dined here before & the food was excellent. My Walleye lacked taste - very, very disappointed! I know they could have done better. I've had better in 'lesser' restaurants! When you walk out of a restaurant after spending $150+...your mouth should be having a party! Second time recently that I've been disappointed with a Cameron Mitchell restaurant! :(Special Features:
- luv2eatsalmonatcmDined on 10/25/2014We've dined at Cameron's several times and we've always found the food to be wonderful. Our experience recently was no exception; in fact, it was overall fantastic! Our salmon entrée was absolutely fabulous, and one of the best salmon entrees we've ever eaten (and we eat salmon a lot!). Also, we truly enjoyed the quiet table where we were seated. We plan to dine there much more frequently in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014From the moment we walked in the door everything was outstanding. The waitress and servers were pleasant and accommodating, and the food was delicious!Special Features:
- MomedsDined on 10/24/2014This was one of the best restaurant meals I've ever had. Everyone in our group loved their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesotoDined on 10/24/2014Nothing outstanding in the salad and walleye. Have had much better at home.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Been there many times....Seems to be getting better with age!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 49annivDined on 10/17/2014We came for a special occasion - our 49th wedding anniversary. First time since remodel. Love it.Special Features:
- What Happened?MrBaldymanDined on 10/10/2014We have gone to Cameron's for years and are disheartened to report that our experience on Friday evening, Oct 10, was sub-par. 1. The noise level was so loud that even our server couldn't hear us sometimes. 2. The server made the mistake of starting to take away a salad plate when my dining partner was still eating. That type of poor service does not befit a Cameron Mitchell restaurant. 3. The vegetable bistro plate, a favorite of my wife's, has been re-designed and is now the kind of entree that gives vegetarians a bad name. When we noted our disappointment to the server, she said that the old version was still available - which hardly made us feel any better. We hope our next visit to Cameron's will be up to its previous standards.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014There was 6 of us and everyone one of us loved our meal. The food was incredible. Highly recommend the short ribs! The Elderflower Martini is yummy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as ever!daveDined on 10/7/2014Celebrated our 47th anniversary just two days after American Bistro's 21st anniversary. We have been a regular here ever since they opened 21 years ago and it is just as good as ever! Wife had the walleye and I opted for the short ribs this time. Both were outstanding. The walleye perfectly prepared and the short ribs so tender and full of compementary flavors with the root crops, vegatables and dusting of fresh horseradish shavings. We really liked the updated decor which seemed to keep the noise level down a bit from the former interior decor. The bartender makes superb drinks and the Cafe 52 is the best you will have anywhere. Service was outstanding and as usual the single rose gift is a nice touch always appreciated by my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ingestion suggestionbeernutsDined on 10/3/2014consistent cameron attraction in a small town atmosphere right of SR315. Service outstanding, room acoustics makes eavesdropping unavoidable. Soup and veggies were outstanding. Chicken was dry and most can do a better job at home. I can now say I have been to every Cameron Mitchell restaurant in Columbus Ohio and this was my least favorite, but it is still worth visiting to share a pint with friends.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 10/3/2014We both had the Walleye. It was good. The spinach with it was kind of tasteless but okay. Sauce for walleye could have had a stronger spice to compliment the walleye. Our waiter was very gracious. Will try the scallops that he recommended the next time. Overall we had a nice dinner for my birthday.Special Features:
- HowardDined on 9/27/2014Service was good. Food selection was excellent. Will come back for our next special occation.Special Features:
- above and beyond serviceFrankdDined on 9/27/2014The landmark Cameron's restaurant just keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014We first went to Cameron's 20 years ago when we moved to Columbus. We are now retired and live in Florida but make it a point to eat at Cameron's every time we get back. And now celebrating their 20th anniversary, they are as good as the first time. The walleye is the best. And they are very attentive to special food needs. And,as always, the service was excellent. Can't wait til the next time.
- Always delivers...flourchildDined on 9/26/2014This evening was our 20th anniversary. We usually spend special occasions at Cameron's. The staff are like family to us now, although I will miss Kelli who left to manage The Pearl, but welcome to Keith. We got our favorite server, Rick and loved Carolyn at the reception area. All made our anniversary feel very special, also giving us a rose and comping our favorite Meyer Lemon Gratin. Both service and food were impeccable. We would not have spent an evening like this anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerTippytcupDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed an anniversary dinner here on a Wednesday night. It was busy but not full. The appetizer we shared was delicious which was calamari with zucchini. My husband rated it the best calamari preparation in the city. The goat cheese salad was wonderful, very flavorful. Our entrees, catfish and filet were very good. Finally we had a really tasty lemon dessert. I enjoyed the bar's seasonal drink special called a cucumber smash which was outstanding. The service was very good. Only thing that was odd was that the server asked if it was a special occasion and we told her it was our 31st anniversary, but she never wished us a happy anniversary or took note of it in any way, so why ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in ActionVintageCbusDined on 9/24/2014Perfect place for an excellent meal with great service. Always reliable and accommodating, since this time we were on a tight schedule.Special Features:
- Better than EVERAbbyDined on 9/19/2014Simply outstanding food... good service and simply better than ever.. always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesCaAMillerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Eat here often. Love the new decor. The chef is great and the food is consistently excellent with exceptional specials. Drinks are unique and fun. Service is always the best with friendly servers. Very welcoming.Special Features:
- Best Walleye In TownAprilVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my go to restaurant for Walleye and Shrimp & Grits - the latter is a dish I would never have ordered in my life but the waiter recommended it one night when Walleye was out of season. I wish they would open up on the East side of town. They go out of their way to accomodate gluten-free.Special Features:
- Saturday, September 13.KadieDined on 9/13/2014I had the walleye too much breading and it didn't need the sauce. A light sauté would have been enough. My dinner came almost cold, the potatoes were not creamy, firm and somewhat cold. I love walleye, this was not my favorite by far. We like all Cameron's restaurants and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.