Cameron's American Bistro
2185 W. Dublin-Granville Road
Columbus, OH 43085Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cameron's American Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cameronsamericanbistro.com/
- Phone: 6148853663x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Lindemeyer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy the original Cameron Mitchell Restaurant all to yourself by booking a private dining event today. Cameron’s American Bistro is closed during lunch hours & is therefore available for private parties seven days a week between the hours of 11: 00 am & 3:00pm. This restaurant may accommodate up to 90 guests & custom banquet menu options are offered to help plan your event.
- Private Party Contact: Keith Moorehead 614-885-3663x
A word from Cameron's American Bistro
Celebrate the grand reopening of our new Cameron’s American Bistro. Twenty years after opening in 1993, we've revised, renovated and revisited our original restaurant with a whole new take on the American Bistro. You’ll find a new menu with familiar favorites, and some brand new one’s as well as a wine list expanded in both choice and geography. There’s also a fresh new look from the bar to the dining room to the exterior. We look forward to having you as our guest soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cameron's American Bistro - Best Restaurants in Linworth ›
Cameron's American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)neighborhood gem (94)fit for foodies (84)romantic (69)notable wine list (30)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- HowardDined on 9/27/2014Service was good. Food selection was excellent. Will come back for our next special occation.Special Features:
- above and beyond serviceFrankdDined on 9/27/2014The landmark Cameron's restaurant just keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Our FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/26/2014We first went to Cameron's 20 years ago when we moved to Columbus. We are now retired and live in Florida but make it a point to eat at Cameron's every time we get back. And now celebrating their 20th anniversary, they are as good as the first time. The walleye is the best. And they are very attentive to special food needs. And,as always, the service was excellent. Can't wait til the next time.
- Always delivers...flourchildDined on 9/26/2014This evening was our 20th anniversary. We usually spend special occasions at Cameron's. The staff are like family to us now, although I will miss Kelli who left to manage The Pearl, but welcome to Keith. We got our favorite server, Rick and loved Carolyn at the reception area. All made our anniversary feel very special, also giving us a rose and comping our favorite Meyer Lemon Gratin. Both service and food were impeccable. We would not have spent an evening like this anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dinnerTippytcupDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed an anniversary dinner here on a Wednesday night. It was busy but not full. The appetizer we shared was delicious which was calamari with zucchini. My husband rated it the best calamari preparation in the city. The goat cheese salad was wonderful, very flavorful. Our entrees, catfish and filet were very good. Finally we had a really tasty lemon dessert. I enjoyed the bar's seasonal drink special called a cucumber smash which was outstanding. The service was very good. Only thing that was odd was that the server asked if it was a special occasion and we told her it was our 31st anniversary, but she never wished us a happy anniversary or took note of it in any way, so why ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in ActionVintageCbusDined on 9/24/2014Perfect place for an excellent meal with great service. Always reliable and accommodating, since this time we were on a tight schedule.Special Features:
- Better than EVERAbbyDined on 9/19/2014Simply outstanding food... good service and simply better than ever.. always goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesCaAMillerVIPDined on 9/14/2014Eat here often. Love the new decor. The chef is great and the food is consistently excellent with exceptional specials. Drinks are unique and fun. Service is always the best with friendly servers. Very welcoming.Special Features:
- Best Walleye In TownAprilVIPDined on 9/13/2014This is my go to restaurant for Walleye and Shrimp & Grits - the latter is a dish I would never have ordered in my life but the waiter recommended it one night when Walleye was out of season. I wish they would open up on the East side of town. They go out of their way to accomodate gluten-free.Special Features:
- Saturday, September 13.KadieDined on 9/13/2014I had the walleye too much breading and it didn't need the sauce. A light sauté would have been enough. My dinner came almost cold, the potatoes were not creamy, firm and somewhat cold. I love walleye, this was not my favorite by far. We like all Cameron's restaurants and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cameron Mitchell never disappointsHappyHazleysDined on 9/11/2014Each year my husband and I celebrate our wedding anniversary at on of the Cameron Mitchell restaurants. We were not sure if Cameron's American Bistro would be a good choice for a romantic evening, but in keeping with tradition we went. The atmosphere was great! The lighting, noise level and seating were perfect for our special evening. The servers were great to work with and knowledgeable. The menu was flexible which was perfect since I'm also expecting and have been very picky about food. Speaking of food, wow! We were blown away by everything that we ordered. We look forward returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always.BlancheVIPDined on 9/11/2014This restaurant is one of our favorites in C-Bus for special occasions or just an evening out. The food and service are consistently very good. They have added to the ambiance with the remodeling they did earlier in the year. Parking can be a little tricky but that's true about most good restaurants. I would recommend this CM Restaurant to anyone seeking a good meal at fair prices.Special Features:
- Cameron's - very eager to go backOHdinerDined on 9/6/2014The food was great and the service excellent. It was smaller than I expected and a little noisier, but not so much so that it impacted our experience. I would consider taking children (they do offer a kid's menu) but would do so earlier in the evening. I would also go back just to sit at the bar, have dinner and watch the game.Special Features:
- Good choiceSwankyDined on 9/5/2014In town for Buckeye game and looking for a good meal. I was a little surprised at the location and the size when we arrived.......... However, once we were seated, I knew we were in for a good meal. The food was what you would expect from a name like "American Bistro". Both my wife and I were pleased with our meals and the service level.. I had the salmon and my wife the fillet. I am glad we took the opportunity to stop by. It is a nice value for the meal, you will be pleased you gave it an opportunity. If lived in town, we'd certainly go back.Special Features:
- special occasionBirthdayDined on 9/4/2014Enjoyed the food, the service. This is one of our goto places when we want to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- Disappointinglroach65Dined on 9/2/2014Great ambiance and service. i felt the food was average at best and overpriced. My husband and i have been to several Cameron Mitchell restaurants and we've always had a great experience. Cameron's American Bistro was surprisingly disappointing. We won't be going back.Special Features:
- Casual yet upscale diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This establishment meets perfectly what one would expect from the title American Bistro. It is casual yet the atmosphere, decor, and greeting staff are first class. Service was very friendly yet impeccable. The food was excellent, very nicely presented, done correctly, and greater in volume than the term bistro might suggest. Well done. Cameron Mitchell's original location still stands tall after many years and carries his flag well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTruthDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time dining at Cameron's American Bistro, and I had a very good time. The service was really friendly and we were seated within 10 minutes of our arrival. I would recommend eating here to friends and family.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerYoungoldiesDined on 8/29/2014Celebrated 50th wedding anniversary with excellent food and freebie dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Food was very good...fish was overcooked for two of the diners in our party...
- First ImpressionsRestaurantCriticDined on 8/23/2014First impressions can make or break you. While this saying is true in all aspects of life, it is especially notable in the restaurant industry. My boyfriend and I opted to try Cameron's for date night. Due to the late nature of the reservations, we opted to arrive early and have a drink at the bar. We were informed it would be a few minutes before we could be seated while multiple groups came in after us and were seated immediately. At this point our reservation was 15min ago. The hostess was not apologetic and informed us would be another 15min before we could be seated. After informing the GM that we would be leaving to dine elsewhere after finishing our drinks, a table magically appeared. The food and service once seated were okay.Special Features:
- a great place to come back to!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We just moved back from Texas after an 11 year absence from Columbus. This was one of our favorite restaurants then and it was as good and enjoyable as we remembered!Special Features:
- Always a classicJen10Dined on 8/23/2014We are spoiled to have Cameron's in our neighborhood! The food is always wonderful and consistent. They have standbys on the menu that are always great, but they change up the other items periodically to keep you coming back. You can't go wrong with an evening out at Cameron's!Special Features:
- Great Renovation!BellyBienDined on 8/22/2014It had been at least 10 years since my last visit to Camerons and I was expecting the an aged version of the original restaurant. Not so! Everything is brand new - the tables, booths, lighting, flooring... and very well done. It's a central meeting location for family members so we will not wait 10 years to revisit. My salad was so flavorful - I can't wait to go back and have it again. Fried chicken was very tasty too. It was my mother's 79th birthday and our server couldn't believe we were too full to even take a free dessert to go - couldn't think about ever eating again! Should have taken her up on it though, the desserts sounded amazing...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousmorgenDined on 8/21/2014Always go to Cameron's for birthday dinners. Never have had a bad meal. Lamb was wonderful and red snapper was excellent. Will be back soon. Would never hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone. The staff are always friendly and service superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefDined on 8/18/2014We enjoyed the food. Our waitress Rachel was very good. She kept track of us but didn't hover. We got a reservation very quickly thank you. Please ask the chef to change the menu now and then. I used to go to the bar on Thursdays quite often the menu doesn't seem a lot different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amberismaDined on 8/17/2014The pork chop and clams dish was delicious. Sunday was 1/2 off bottles of wine as well, which was a night little surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening out!JARMDined on 8/16/2014Food was delicious, service exceptional. The only problem was the noise level. Restaurant was completely full, but extremely noisy.Special Features:
- Amazing anniversaryLoveJ2EDined on 8/16/2014The food was wonderful and the service made us feel special on our special day. It was a bit chilly in the bar area, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- American Bistroteejay43235Dined on 8/16/2014It was good, but not terrific, wow factor. We prefer Cap City, Marcellas is EXCELLENT, and Martini's over this location. Server was excellent, very friendly, highly recommending items which was appreciated, and was celebrating our 37 anniversary. She provided a rose, a free desert, not expecting and was a nice, unexpected touch as we normally don't say we are celebrating anything. Selections, in our opinion was good, but limited if not wanting steaks, beef; seafood rather pricey. It was a good experience but prefer the menus at Cap City, Marcellas and Martinis overall.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and food. We had 3 in party and each had a different menu item and we could share reviews between each of us. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved restaurantEmeliaDined on 8/13/2014The recent remodeling has improved the atmosphere and flow of the restaurant. Some of the tables are too close together to make conversation private. The food is very good, but the menu is standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious but noisyJayneVIPDined on 8/12/2014Only one complaint-the fabulous shrimp bisque is no longer a staple on the menu. That and the roasted garlic are the main attractions for me.Special Features:
- Sophisticated and charmingTomtffDined on 8/10/2014Nice place, very nice. Has a warm energy around the whole meal
- Great Food but Cramped Booth!DiningduoDined on 8/9/2014Love Cameron's. We had not been in awhile. Really loud in the dining area and we requested a booth and it was so tight our chests were in our food! We are not huge people either. There needs to be a comfortable space between table and diner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spooned Corn BreadAnitamdVIPDined on 8/1/2014Even if it isn't the side that comes with your meal, ask for it on the side! My husband says it is as addictive as crack!!! The Walleye is always perfectly prepared and 2 of us had the Salmon special which was delicious paired with green beans and roasted potatoesSpecial Features:
- Attractive redo, high quality menuHaveforkwilltravelVIPDined on 8/1/2014The newly redone Cameron's is much more attractive than it was, and the booths are more comfortable! It's quieter than before, if last Friday was any indication. I had heard a new chef was doing the old entrees differently and not as well, but four of us had a very good meal that included the old favorite walleye, which my friend who ordered it said was delicious. The salmon special was truly scrumptious. The person who ordered scallops wasn't quite as happy with their flavor, but that was the only complaint. Cameron's is a standout among Columbus restaurants, and we all agreed we'll be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Our first time back since the restaurant was remodeled; very fresh looking and comfortable. The food and service were outstanding!! We were celebrating my mother's birthday and they made her feel very special. We have always loved this restaurant; will be back again soon.Special Features:
- First time diner.ClaremontsandDined on 7/29/2014I loved the food. Each entre had some interesting item that caught my interest and made the selection difficult. The staff was pleasant and service very good. The Bistro vegetable plate, and the Shrimp and Grits were the 2 dishes that my friend and I ordered. Andouille sausage mixed with the shrimp were a tasty combination. The sweet corn ravioli on the vegetable platter were exceptionally delicious. I will be returning to try some of the other entres.I would recommend this to a friend.
- For an enjoyable eveningmpmenjoysDined on 7/26/2014This is a gem of a restaurant. I have been here over many years and have never left disappointed or hungry. Wonderful deep menu that offers something for everyone. The chef also helped me on my last visit because of special diet needs.Special Features: