Cameron Bar & Grill
2018 Clark Ave
Raleigh, NC 27605Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cameron Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cameronbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 9197552231
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: David Baysinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full range of menu plus catering options from our sister restaurants. Inquire within.
A word from Cameron Bar & Grill
Cameron Bar and Grill is located in the heart of historic Cameron Village in downtown Raleigh and serves lunch, dinner and late night menus. Guests can enjoy indoor and outdoor seating. Antique photos of Cameron Village adorn the walls, creating a warm atmosphere that will keep guests eager to come back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cameron Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- All in all, this place wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013All in all, this place was decent. Not quite up to my expectations, but the prices were reasonable and the service was friendly. My coffee mig was never empty. I ordered the portobello cap Benedict. It was supposed to come with curried hollandaise, but was served with regular hollandaise, leaving the dish lacking in flavor. The grits were delicious, the side of fresh fruit was sad. Since restaurants can't serve alcohol before 12 on Sunday the restaurant was quiet when we arrived for our 11am reservation, but quickly picked up as noon approached.Special Features:
- This was our first time atluv2dineDined on 3/6/2013This was our first time at Cameron Bar and Grill, but will definitely return. Food was good, great menu and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- perfect spot business to casualOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013excellent for a business meeting to an intimate dining experience. The food was great , service outstanding and ambiance was perfect for indoor to outdoor dining. It was a great first time experience and we will defintely make it a common lunch, brunch and business meeting place !Special Features:
- Super fun!WolfpackbrandiVIPDined on 2/13/2013Fun place! Went for girl's night and loved the 1/2 price bottles of wine - would go again!Special Features:
- Poor Experience.beastDined on 2/8/2013Not a good experience and a very unapologetic waitress for the many mistakes she made. Food was ok but my husband did not get to eat with the rest of us as his food was brought after all of us had eaten. He asked for a to go box as we were all done and had an event to attend. Waitress still did not listen and brought the food out. He had to ask again for a to go box. We were late to the event but had planned for plenty of leeway.Special Features:
- Burger was really tasty andgarciauncVIPDined on 1/30/2013Burger was really tasty and cooked to order. It is hard to find places that accurately cook medium rare burgers. Sat at the bar and the service was very good.Special Features:
- I tried the cuban sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013I tried the cuban sandwich and grit cake off of the restaurant week menu. They were both good, but I was disappointed that the sandwich did not come with fries. Our wait staff was not very attentive, messed up order and slow to refill drinks. I don't think I will go back.
- POOR service only one serverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013POOR service only one server on large party we can spend moore with some attention
- CB&G has become one of a handfullOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013CB&G has become one of a handfull of "go to" restaurants, and it's thanks to OpenTable. I'd seen this place hundreds of times but never stopped in. We were looking for a restaurant on New Year's day and found this little gem through OpenTable and we've been regulars ever since. The food is always, always well prepared (try the hanger steak or shrimp & grits!), the music is modern, the service is consistent and the ambiance transitions well from post-game noms to a romantic dinner for two.Special Features:
- Worked for our Christmas luncheon!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Our office Christmas party was there for lunch as it worked out fine. Everything but the server was very nice. Maybe we just got the short straw, I am thinking.Special Features:
- Food was okay. Service notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2012Food was okay. Service not bad. They simply are not "Open Table" level. I expect more when i book open Table dining.Special Features:
- Thank you for the wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2012Thank you for the wonderful service, I greatly appreciate it! :)Special Features:
- Went with a group of 8 friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Went with a group of 8 friends. Waiter serviced our large group quite well. Everyone enjoyed his food. I had the crab cake sandwich - tasty.Special Features:
- Dear Sir or Madam, We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Dear Sir or Madam, We had brunch after the City of Oaks Half Marathon. There were two kids and six adults. When we walked in, exhausted and cold, the table was already set (with water glasses!!) and our waiter (I think his name was Jeff. It was his last day and he passed us off to someone else at the end, a lovely dark haired woman with a terrific smile) had coffee to us within seconds. The service was excellent, the food was incredible (I had huevos rancheros) and it was a wonderful experience. I have been to Cameron Bar and Grill several times and chose it as our post marathon brunch place. As always, it rose to the occasion! Terrific place, thanks for taking such good care of us!!Special Features:
- Essentially a sports bar,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/21/2012Essentially a sports bar, with lots of fried food and quite substantial portions--even the starters. Decent wine and beer selection.
- Had a great experience. GooddogloverVIPDined on 10/17/2012Had a great experience. Good was excellent and so was the service.Special Features:
- As close to perfect as it gets!blueschiliDined on 8/24/2012Let me preface my comments by describing my credentials. I am a hospitality professional with more than 10 years in the business. I am a classically trained chef holding degrees in Culinary and Hotel/Restaurant Management. My standards are high. That being said, Cameron Bar and Grille is what every restaurant should strive to be. CB&G is about as close to perfect as it gets. The staff is one of the most prefessional I have encountered. The food is fantastic and very reasonably priced for the quality and portions. They do upscale casual with elegance and professionalism. All members of my party wanted to order the same meal again on the same visit! All of us will be raving to all we know about CB&G!Special Features:
- Fabulous.......Again!DustyDined on 8/21/2012As always, the visit was exceptional! i got the fabulous pimento cheese, bacon, and fried green tomato sandwich. The pimento cheese is awesome! The opportunity to sit outside, under an umbrella, is so refreshing. I was fortunate to have one of my "regular" servers, Eddie, who is so attentive, with true southern hospitality (even though he went to college up north!) Thank you again for a great dining experience!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012The food was average at best for the price. The staff seemed to be running around like chickens with their heads cut off and this was a weekday. I would never want to experience this place on a weekend. The drinks were made improperly and these were not difficult drinks...Just a disappointment especially for the price!
- The spinach salad was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2012The spinach salad was good, but the really skimped on the spinach. Most places have heaping bowls you can hardly finish, but I was finished long before my friend, who also had a salad.
- Located in Cameron Village,travelingbuzzardVIPDined on 7/27/2012Located in Cameron Village, the resturant is a perfect bar pub for any occasion. Service was good, attentive. Food was excellent with a good variety of salads, lunch or diner selections. Not expensive.Special Features:
- Came to hear music and itShrinkgirlVIPDined on 7/13/2012Came to hear music and it was fantastic! The music was great and the food was very good interpretation of classic southern. Love that as we stayed late there were half price appetizers to help finish our bottle(s!) of wine. Will definitely be back!! With friends!!Special Features:
- Was not impressed with theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/7/2012Was not impressed with the food. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxed but we were in early before the ragged looking band was to play.
- Our food was very good, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/24/2012Our food was very good, although a bowl of soup was not very hot. Our waiter did an excellent job and was very friendly. We did not enjoy the loud music as it inhibited cross-the-table conversation. We would eat there again.Special Features:
- yumm!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2012Had brunch there and it was delicious. My mimosa and french toast was delicious. I tasted my friend's cheese grits and they were some of the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Good Dining ExperienceNeighborVIPDined on 6/9/2012Onion rings, spinach salad, and crab cakes were all very good.Special Features:
- We were pretty disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2012We were pretty disappointed with our dinner at Cameron Bar & Grill. The portion sizes were larger than average, but the food was definitely more in line with bar vs grill. Which was surprising as the restaurant has a great location and seemed like it would be better than it was. It may be a very good bar food+ place if that is what you are looking for, but it does not come close to places like Porters Tavern or Tribeca. Server was friendly, but pacing was way off (3rd plate served less than half way through the 2nd plate), and it was more bar-like than restaurant service.Special Features:
- I took Mom there for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012I took Mom there for Mother's Day at lunch. She said her pork chop was one of the best she's ever had. She didn't like her side order (nothing wrong with it, she just didn't make a good choice for her) and I really liked how the waiter brought an alternate (the homemade potato chips) very quickly with no argument; was handled very well.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our "ladies lunch"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012We enjoyed our "ladies lunch" very much.... Thank you.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful! VariedWolfpack74VIPDined on 4/17/2012Absolutely wonderful! Varied menu, range of prices, super service, fun place to dine!Special Features:
- Easter Sunday brunch couldEasterbunniesDined on 4/8/2012Easter Sunday brunch could not have been better. Waitress was awesome. Food hot and tasty. We will be back. Even though this was our first time there, we immediately felt at home.Special Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/6/2012After reading other reviews I was somewhat concerned but decided to give it a try and here are the results. One reviewer stated that you don't get enough pita points with the appitizers which is true but the waitness asked if we wanted more before we ran out. Another reviewer state that the waitstaff would not give a recommendation. Our waitress was quick to make a recommendation between three very diverse meals. Overall the food was very good. Service was above average. Ambiance was well above average if you get a view of Cameron Village. Not yet on my favorites list but well work another visit. One person in our party was on weight watchers and the staff was willing and able to determine the correct "point level". I will return.Special Features:
- Our waiter forgot us. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2012Our waiter forgot us. We had to hunt him down to order. The salad promised calamata olives and delivered canned black olives. Disappointing. My friend's salad cleverly arranged all the cheese at the bottom of the salad bowl.Special Features:
- Not as good as it once wasCarolinaBlueMomDined on 2/18/2012My first time at this restaurant since they changed the menu. Not impressed. Will give it another try before marking off my list.
- Birthday Brunch with friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Birthday Brunch with friends. Had a great time, food and service were excellant.Special Features:
- Very Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/17/2012Though the food portions are small the fabulous taste more than made up for it for me. We had the Pimento Cheese Dip for the appetizer and it tasted wonderful, but it could have come with more pretzel bread. I had the Cameron Club and it was amazing. My boyfriend had the Waffle and Fried Chicken dinner and he said it was the best waffle he had ever tasted. Unfortunately the desserts were not nearly as good as the entrees, but there were not by any means bad either. Will definitely be going back for their brunch!Special Features:
- Charlie was great! I had specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Charlie was great! I had special requests with my Salmon, and he brought everything I asked for. My husband really enjoyed the southwestern chicken soup, spicy but delicious, He ordered the crab dip as well, and brought home what he couldn't finish. Looking forward to trying your key lime pie. Was hoping you would bring back the lobster roll. Had it last summer, but in a wrap instead. Delicious! I have been for lunch with several different groups, and everyone had a wonderful meal. Can't wait to dine outside again!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2012Based on the menu Cameron Bar and Grill sounds awesome but it does not live up to the tasty description. Our first hint of trouble was when we asked the server for recommendations. He was hesitant to recommend anything and gave the impression that nothing on the menu was good. We started with crab dip and pickle chip appetizers. The crab dip was watery, slightly cold, and tasted like it was out of a can. The pickle chips were good. The grilled pork chop had no seasoning with bland gravy. The chicken pot pie was more pasty than pie. The meat loaf was good but the spicy overpowered everything. No complaints on the hamburger. Service was good and it is a cool little place. Sadly the food did not live up to our expectations.
- My girlfriends and I enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2012My girlfriends and I enjoyed a great dinner that also included interesting conversation with the waitstaff. I would return to Cameron Bar and Grill again!Special Features:
- It was okay. A little noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012It was okay. A little noisy. Waiter had several tables on the same schedule so order taking a little slow.