Cambridge Brewing Company
One Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA 02139Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cambridge Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cambridgebrewingcompany.com/
- Phone: (617) 494-1994
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Brewery
- Executive Chef: David Drew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: We here at the Cambridge Brewing Company look forward to hosting your next event. Whether you are planning an informal company mixer for twenty or a holiday bash for up to 100, you’ll find the Cambridge Brewing Company an excellent choice.
- Private Party Contact: Phil Bannatyne 6174941994x
- Cross Street: Hamphire Street/Cardinal Medeiros
- Public Transit: Take the red line to Kendall/MIT T stop. At street level, go through the Marriott Hotel lobby. Take a left onto Broadway and continue walking straight until you cross over a set of railroad tracks. Take your first right onto Hampshire Street. We are in the back left corner of the One Kendall Square complex. It is about a 5-10 min walk.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the One Kendall Square Parking Garage located on Binney Street, next to the Landmark Theatres Kendall Square Cinema. We validate parking for this garage Monday through Friday after 5pm & anytime on Saturday and Sunday.
On-street metered parking is also available on nearby Hampshire and Broadway Streets; meters turn off at 6pm.
A word from Cambridge Brewing Company
Cambridge Brewing Company has been at the forefront of the Pub Brewery movement since our inception in 1989. Our focuses on high quality craft beers and seasonally inspired New England fare have led to numerous accolades and a devoted clientele. Our kitchen crew understands what it means to cook in New England. Our menu is seasonally driven. We source from as many local producers as we can, assuring the freshness of our ingredients and supporting those businesses that are committed to the stewardship of their land and long lasting productivity of our seas. Our team of brewers crafts a wide array of traditional, new American and experimental beers styles. Our passion for experimentation combined with our respect for classic world styles translates into an ever changing wide array of beers offered on any given day here at the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cambridge Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (32)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (12)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)special occasion (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Too LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014After spending the day visiting craft breweries in the Boston area. we decided to meet up with family for dinner at CBC. We had a large group (12) which the restaurant nicely accommodated. Booking the reservation online was easy and quick. The beer selection was great and we we all enjoyed what we tasted. The food was a little disappointing, not bad, but no one in the group raved about their meals. The biggest negative was the noise level. It was way too loud for people to hear anyone that was not sitting right next to them. It would have worked for a bar experience but just didn't work for a large gathering.
- Decent, next time will just buy the beer.MMixersDined on 11/15/2014Beer was clearly the star of the show. No debating they've got that down. The food was just ok nothing standout, average across the board. Ambience was drawn, the place looks kind of beat up and dreary could use some life through a facelift. Service was marginal and much of service staff was sloppy looking, our sever was definitely fighting a rough hangover. Will always be a fan of their beer, but probably won't be back.Special Features:
- Just fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/15/2014We went for lunch on Saturday hoping to have pizza near the MIT stadium. There was no pizza. Food was nice, but nothing out of the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great beer and foodGregDined on 11/14/2014Great beer and food. We started with the fried brussel sprouts, my wife had the fish and chips, and I had the porkchop. All were great, but the porkchop was the star. Served with a sweet potato hash and pumpkin ale-infused apple sauce, it was a big cut and cooked perfectly. Would definitely order again. I had the American Pale Ale, which was really good. Hoppier than other APAs, but not "hoppy for the sale of hoppy" - it was well balanced and paired well with the pork chop. Service was also very good. Attentive and accommodating, given we brought our 9 month old son with us. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a pre-movie craft beer and dinnerCeeOtterDined on 11/12/2014Cambridge Brewing Company has a great selection of craft beers with entertaining descriptions, and a nice menu with a wide variety of options. We shared a crispy duck confit salad that was excellent, a seasonal salad with Vermont cheddar and pears, and a well-topped pizza Bolognese. Service was friendly and prompt. All in all, a worthy stop before heading over to the Kendall Square Cinema!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Had a great brunch - there were 13 of us and the service was great, we were not rushed, the food was good and we had a great timeSpecial Features:
- Noisy but food and beer were goodOutToLunchDined on 10/10/2014Food was good but it was packed and really noisy. We wanted to get a flight of beer but our server told us that it would take awhile, longer than just getting a tap.Special Features:
- KristenDined on 10/4/2014We had a table of 19 celebrating a birthday. Our waitress was incredible. Service was fast and the food was delicious. Recommending this to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10/04/14 Lunch at CBCSamanthaElizabethVIPDined on 10/4/2014One of my favorite places to eat lunch. For drinks, I ordered a Downeast Cider! Two people in our party ordered Vegetarian French Onion Soup, which came in a mug and was light and on the bland side. Our party ordered Autumn Salad, Roasted Pear & Beet Salad, and Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp. We really enjoyed the Autumn Salad and the Caesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp which had a Mexican flare. There was nothing spectacular about the Roasted Pear & Beet Salad, Our party also ordered the CBC Burger and Swiss Burger. We were surprised that the buns weren't toasted and the beef patties weren't very juicy but it still tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Bad Service, okay foodjoanDined on 9/20/2014I came here with a group of 7 people. The waitress did a terrible job, likely because she knew she was getting a tip no matter what. She never cleared our table, was slow with getting us pitchers to refill our own waters, didn't come by to ask if we wanted to place more drink orders. The food was also extremely slow to arrive. She, at one point, asked if she should clear our table, after we were sitting there for a long time. Although we said yes, she didn't actually do so and walked away! When we finally got her attention to get the check, she delivered it, but then walked by our table repeatedly even though we had placed our card to pay. I ordered their margherita pizza and it was not very good. The crust was like stale bread.
- Summer Sunday beer-unch!gwenDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful day for patio seating and very kid-friendly complete with crayons! Brunch menu was fair, the pale was great. This spot wasn't as busy as the other restaurants in Kendall Square for brunch on a Saturday and we were very pleased with the level of quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014So we had a group of people booked to eat weeks in advance. Granted we had 3 out of our group of 13 not show but we still had 10 people eating. The beer was decent but they only have beer brewed there, no others and it's pricey. We spent almost $40 on two pitchers of stout. The food was mediocre, not the best. I had a burger and it was kind of dry... I wouldn't order it again and $15 for it. The waitress was friendly but would not split our check up nor did she tell us the gratuity was included in the total. Luckily I looked. Overall it wasn't bad, but there are other places with better food.Special Features:
- Dinner at Cambridge Brewing CoPlanningNextMealDined on 8/31/2014Reservations for 11 to celebrate college move-in. The food, beer and service were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Search Open Table a bit longersamziamVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food is very uneven, ranging from fair to good. Service was attentive. Like so many restaurants, noise level is excessive. All told, there are better choices in the area.Special Features:
- Deliciousluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014Great food and awesome beer selection. Try the Audacity of Hops if you like IPAsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service for large groupsMeganVIPDined on 8/18/2014One of the original of the new-wave of craft brewers.Special Features:
- Solid food. nice outdoor area.BerkerycVIPDined on 8/17/2014Nothing crazy here, but solid food, good beer & a nice outdoor areaSpecial Features:
- go for the beergeorgeDined on 8/5/2014I chose this place because one of our group from out of town is a beer junkie. Everyone had a couple different beers (except for me). Most felt that the beer wasn't served cold enough. The food was fine but not much to write home about. I had the house special pizza with figs, blue cheese and arugala. It was yummy. My husband had the mussels. Again, not really hot. The lamb meatballs were wonderfully spicy and the burgers were pronounced "quite tasty." I wouldn't bother to go again. There are plenty of other such places with more variety and more interesting food.Special Features:
- 5 Bones RatingPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 8/1/2014Can't say enough good things from the special greeting our party and dog received to the great ambience on the outdoor patio to the bowl of water our dog received on arrival to the OUTSTANDING CBC Burger cooked to perfection to the GREAT beer. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 29 reviews are from the Cambridge Brewing Company reviews archive.
- solid choicebostonartsDined on 7/23/2014This was a solid choice for higher end pub food. Went with a business group. We had 7 people, and it was a little too noisy in the restaurant for everyone to participate in the same conversation. We had requested a side/corner table in hopes of being able to hear each other and linger, but ended up seated right in the middle of the room, so that didn't work out. I would go again to have nachos at the bar or sit outside and have an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find another spotlaragoneDined on 7/22/2014Dined here prior to a concert at TD Garden mostly because the menu looked good, prices were right and reservations could be made. The restaurant was nearly empty yet after they sat us, the next two parties were sat immediately to our right and left and we were very crowded and uncomfortable. BLT was good but my companion ordered a Chicken Caesar salad that was tiny, definitely not meal sized. Service was slow. There are plenty of other dining options in the area.
- Pretty OK...PaulDined on 7/12/2014Serving size was small...prices were high...beer was good.
- Tough timing?nebirdieDined on 7/3/2014We grabbed some reservations before the rescheduled fireworks. I suspect the issue was understaffing for an unexpected crowd. However nothing aside from the buffalo chicken bites impressed us and we left frustrated. We sat inside and it was very hot. My husband ordered a special and the server returned to say they were out. He ordered another special and she returned to say they were out. He finally settled on the fish and chips which were dry and over cooked. The beer was good but too warm. My summer salad consisted of four very large pieced of lettuce and I could not taste the lettuce. The mussels were farmed and tiny. One burger was ordered with fries but came with a salad. We won't be returning.
- It was OKBradDined on 7/3/2014The beer was good and the food was OK. There seemed to be 4 waitstaff working on a moderately busy afternoon and each of them had tables outside and inside so they were all rushing in and out. I eat fast, I am military...but the food was brought so quickly to the table, plates of food were stacking up in front of us. Even I couldn't eat fast enough. We ordered an appetizer, salads, and entrees. The salad and appetizers came at the same time and we couldn't even finish those before the entrees showed up. I guess I was expecting more time to sample their beers. Maybe I was just frustrated that the food was just being fired at us so fast. We might go back, but there are a lot of other places in that area we want to try first.Special Features:
- Great Food, Reasonable Prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014I went with a group of friends. They have an awesome beer list, and they brew right there. I sampled a couple of their offerings and they were both excellent. Food was very good and came out promptly, we got appetizers and main courses, the lamb meatballs were amazing! I knocked the service because our waiters shift was up after he placed the check on the table, and it took over 20 minutes to get someone to take care of us. I realize shift changes happen, however there should have been a better hand off, it would seem that there was no real hand off and we were forgotten.Special Features:
- Our waitress was terribleNikkid1181Dined on 6/21/2014This is a place that I would've been more excited about if I was still a drinker. That's pretty much all this place is good for. Food wasn't bad but nothing to really scream about. My friends got this huge 100oz bong of beer which was pretty cool. Our waitress moved slower than glacial pace. Not that I wanted to leave, I was with friends in a nice outdoor table but we could've done a lot more if she moved like a normal human being. She was MIA most of the time.
- diner20Dined on 6/6/2014food was interesting and made an effort. Outdoors very pleasant. Hostess made real effort (successful) to accommodate request in Open Table reservation. Service attentive, good natured and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleadeading WebsiteBJP72Dined on 6/3/2014The food and beer selection look great on the website. In reality they didn't have several of the beers listed in the menu and the food was more appropriate for a price point half of what it was. Very disappointing meal.
- Good service, subpar foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014We ordered the pretzels and poutine for appetizers. The pretzels were soft and warm and came with a delicious beer cheese. The poutine had good flavor, but there wasn't enough gravy or cheese. The dollops of sour cream on top weren't necessary. I ordered the pork and veal meatballs for my entree. Although the meatballs were cooked perfectly, they weren't seasoned and came in this watery gravy. It was unappetizing to look at. The dish was garnished with too much basil and lemon zest, although I can't quite call it lemon zest since it was mostly the bitter white part of the lemon rind. Bottom line: come for the service, beer and decent apps. Forget about the entrees.Special Features:
- Beer beer beerTomMDined on 5/23/2014Great fun place with better "pub food" than the average bar (quite tasty) and great BEER. Lots of fun.Special Features:
- Must try!MickDined on 5/17/2014We came here last Saturday because we really like CBC beer and had heard good things. The soft pretzels and cheese were amazing as an appetizer, i highly recommend it! I got fish and chips which were just okay, a little disappointing but my boyfriend got the burger which he said was cooked perfectly and good. Between the 3 of us we tried many different beers which I enjoyed a lot, overall a good experience and I will definitely be back. Our waitress was helpful and efficient and never rushed us which I love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could use some workOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Came here with group of 10 on Friday night. Service was spotty, understandable on a busy night but also a reason that automatic 18 % gratuity is a lousy policy. Only got service when we flagged down our waiters and then when our bill came it was improperly managed resulting in a huge overcharge of $120, corrected of course once we complained. But had we not reviewed the bill carefully would have been missed.
- Usually greatalb58Dined on 5/9/2014Tasty brews and cider always attract plenty of people here. The best part, unlike other places, CBC also rivals in food - excellent selection (since a few years ago) - haven't had a bad meal here yet. We had a large group reservation confirmed, however, needed to wait almost an hour for the space to clear after showing up on-time. The host-staff were apologetic and eventually "motivated" the table in question to re-locate (hours after their bill has been paid). These situation are always unpredictable, but it might have been more appropriate to boot the stragglers 15-30 min after rather than having 10 hungry people wait an hour.. Otherwise, great service and fun times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to catch up with friendsSteveDined on 5/9/2014Just flew in from Australia, dazed, jetlagged and delighted with the service, friendliness and enthusiasm of the staff. Ryan's recommendations on what to try were ideal. Went back the next night with a friend in a wheelchair. Staff had put aside a readily accessible table and were great. Lots of laughs, good food, company and service. A spectacular night.Special Features:
- Wonderful for big groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/8/2014We had a wonderful experience as a big group (20) and our waitress was spectacular and took amazing care of us. Reservations were very easy on a busy weeknight. Will come back again for sure!Special Features:
- Always goodjohnrh1958Dined on 5/8/2014I regularly eat at CBC. It is great that opentable can be used for reservations. Beer is great and good is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brew HouseBostonLocalVIPDined on 4/26/2014Love the home brew, Cambridge Porter has perfect espresso choc finish for me! Addicted to the Vermont Smoke &Cure Pepperoni Pizza with Vidalla Jam....as good as my Grandma's...can not get enough!Special Features:
- It tastes like burningJAGINSOMERVILLEDined on 4/25/2014I was not expecting culinary marvels, but I do expect my food to be edible. This was not. Our appetizer, soft-baked pretzels, were so burned on the bottom that we had to scrape them. That being said, the fondue for the pretzels was top notch. I made the mistake of ordering the miso-glazed salmon. It came with a level of burnt on top that was about a half inch and smelled burnt. I sent it back (in an apologetic, not huffy way). Out came the manager, a nice guy actually, who told me that the half inch of burnt on top of my salmon was intentional. With a straight face he told me that's what happens when you cook with miso. I've had and cooked with miso glazes before, I've never see anything like it. Great for drinks, eat at your own risk.
- Good beer, good food, great servicePazzDined on 4/23/2014The title says it all. I loved the two beers I tried, you have to eat the fried brussels sprouts. My only compliant is it was SOOOOOO loud in there. There was a lot of people, but the music was blaring and I couldn't hear my dinner companion.Special Features:
- Food really not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/22/2014drunken noodles were bland, lamb shank was too salty, fried brussel sprouts were too soggy restaurant itself was like a sauna, really uncomfortable...