Calzolaio Pasta Co.
284 Main St. Suite #1
Wilton, ME 04294Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Calzolaio Pasta Co.
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calzolaiopasta.com/
- Phone: 2076459500
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm- 9:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Thomas Marcellino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Banquet menu available for in house or outside catering. Work with our Event Coordinator, Rocell, for a package that fits your style and budget.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private banquet room is the perfect setting for celebrating a special occasion or hosting a corporate event. We offer a variety of cuisines, an intimate setting, and gracious hospitality.
- Private Party Contact: Rocell 8889816268
A word from Calzolaio Pasta Co.
Welcome to Calzolaio Pasta Company, we are an Italian Restaurant with some American alternatives, featuring Homemade Sauces & Pasta, Brickoven Style Pizza, Fresh Maine Seafood and Natural Meats. Our restaurant is located at the foot of Wilson Lake in the Historic former Bass Shoe Factory. We are open 7 days a week 11am- 9pm serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. There are multiple dining rooms, a function/meeting room and a deck overlooking Wilson Stream for Summer dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Calzolaio Pasta Co. - Best Restaurants in Franklin County ›
Calzolaio Pasta Co. reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (13)special occasion (11)romantic (10)good for groups (9)scenic view (8)fit for foodies (8)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- food but not serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014Staff switched shifts midmeal. We weren't told, the next server didn't introduce and after that we were basically ignored unless we waved our hands. Also had to coach the server on when to remove plates, they didn't maintain the table well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 9/9/2014Thank you for great summer. Wonderful staff, great food. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our anniversaryAWESOMEDined on 9/7/2014We had dinner at Calzolaio for our anniversary The food was excellent. The staff was great. They made our night special I am not from the area, but I would eat here often if I was It is a Hidden JewelSpecial Features:
- InconsistentSeraph28Dined on 8/31/2014Dine four times here in the last month, three times were outstanding. The last time I was disappointed. Food wasn't of the same caliber as previous visits, presentation was off and sloppily plated. I had butter crumbed haddock that was smothered in crackers, i had to dig for my haddock. Bread that was served before the meal was burned. On the plus side, I do love the ambiance of the place and the service is good. I will give them another chance as maybe it was a different chef or they were having an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilDined on 8/9/2014has been a "go to" restaurant for my friends and I on our annual golf trip for several years. Always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Virginia VisitMaineaterDined on 8/1/2014We had previously visited this restaurant and knew that this would be the place we would want to take our friends when they visited from Virginia. With to them being from an Italian background they would be able to assist with the judgement of the food. The food was amazing for all six of us, the plates were all empty and we all had something different. Followed by the desert (blueberry pie, it was of course during the blueberry festival) which was rich with blueberries, crust was perfect and not overly sweet with too much sugar. The service is not topped because they were probably one or two servers short which impacted us slightly (cudos to Courtney). I like to be honest, We definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Best chicken parmesean!mrsCVIPDined on 7/26/2014I asked for the chicken parm well done and it came to me perfectly cooked. Just the way I like it. Perhaps a tad too little sauce on the pasta but it was good nonetheless. Pork chop was huge and cooked to perfection. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great to meet friendsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 7/18/2014Service a little slow tonight, But restaurant very busy. And was cold food great. Very nice eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 7/13/2014A little disappointed ordered 1/2 Antipasto waitress came and said no one in kitchen had made one before was I sure that was what I wanted. It was a little skimpy but good. Had to ask for crackers to go with it had nothing to put meats or Cheese on. Bill came and part of our drinks were on other persons bill. Restaurant seem a little like no one was in charge. First time I have seen this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!MainersDined on 7/13/2014We found this restaurant a couple of years ago by accident and it is absolutely wonderful! The service, the atmosphere, the food, and the servers are all excellent. I wish it was closer to where we live because we would be going several times a month!Special Features:
- Great DinneraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 7/9/2014Everything was great as usual. This is a wrong question you don't need that many words to say things and then when you submit them it won't take it. I am not going to do this review any moreSpecial Features:
- Nice celebrationMyrnaDined on 7/2/2014We celebrated our anniversary here with friends and everyone had a great time. The food and service, as always, was excellent.Special Features:
- I do not like this questionaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 6/27/2014They could not find open table reservation but did then all was wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 6/15/2014Do not like some of the new menu changes. All you can eat pasta is gone, and pasta and soup price is a little off. you are better to order soup and then pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad we found this place!MaddiDined on 6/13/2014Staying in Maine on for the Trek, we were looking for a nice dinner. Not too fancy, but good. This restaurant was so warm and inviting, the staff were all very friendly, the food was excellent. I wish we could go back when the weather was nicer and sit outside but we were only in town one night. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfoodiefanDined on 5/24/2014Made reservations and we still had to wait. Took way to long to get service once we were seated. The food for the price was a HUGE disappointment, but I do have to say the ambiance was perfect.
- Nice eveningPix413Dined on 5/23/2014The food was great and the outside dining was very nice. I'm not a fan of the chachka decor inside but other people at my table didn't mind it. The staff was superb! We were greeted quickly upon entering, the waitress was on point and just the right amount of friendly and as we were leaving every single staff member that we passed thanked us for coming or wished us a good evening. Very nice mealsnd evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 154 reviews are from the Calzolaio Pasta Co. reviews archive.
- Great nightaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 5/18/2014Great to be back after long winter away Staff friendly and welcomed us back Really made you feel goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014I brought my mother to this restaurant for mothers day and we had such a great day, weather wise, we sat outside. The server was very prompt at first. Then she disappeared. Our appetizers and salads came and the food was great!. Then the server disappeared again. The food came shortly after the apps, poor timing, however the food was amazing! This restaurant is one of the best around and if you are looking for a gem, check this place out. The food is to die for but the service was lacking.Special Features:
- Fabulous!!Table4twoDined on 5/1/2014As always, our dinner and time there was awesome! Truly enjoyed our visit!Special Features:
- Consistently excellentMyrnaDined on 3/26/2014The food and service at Calzolaio Pasta Co. is consistently excellent. It is the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- Great Meal and ExperiencecreedDined on 3/8/2014We went to eat at 5:30 with reservations. When our turn to be seated came up, the hostess looked right past me and wanted to seat the people behind us first because she knew them. Luckily the man she was trying to seat first told her that we were there first. Maddened by the situation, she told us our table was not ready yet anyway, told us to sit down and wait and then proceeded to seat the man and his wife before us upstairs. She walked people to their seats and then came back to seat us around 5:40. There were plenty of open tables where we sat, so I am not sure why we had to wait. The meal was outstanding and our waitress made up for the horrible hostess. We will go back, but I will not be as reserved and cordial if it happens again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!!!Table4twoDined on 2/28/2014As always, we had a great time and enjoyed everything about this place! Can't get enough! A true diamond in the rough! Wilton as a town being the rough! Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, improve on serviceTommyDined on 2/26/2014I took my wife out to dinner for her birthday, this was our second time eating at this establishment. The host seemed like she'd rather be somewhere else besides work and our waitress was less than attentive to our needs. We did a lot of waiting. I will say that the food was excellent and they deserve five stars for this. Please improve on the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLivsandCodsDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent and in a timely manner. Staff was pleasant and friendly. Building is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!Table4twoDined on 2/7/2014We love to go to Calzolaios! My husband and I have made it our "date night retreat"! You don't find much like it here and being from a bigger city - it's a good find to feel more "at home" since we're not true Mainers. I also go to lunch with a friend there often! EXCELLENT service and even better food! Must go to place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining experienceKbubble74Dined on 2/2/2014We are not from the area, but were in town to visit USM. I found Calzolaio in the restaurant section of the in room information book at the Comfort Inn. I am so glad that we decided to come for dinner as it was the best Italian food I have ever had in Maine. The atmosphere was wonderful, the service was outstanding and did I mention the food was amazing? If you are a local you have a gem of a restaurant and if you are traveling through and are looking for a good meal, be sure to stop in, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningDonnaDined on 2/1/2014The restaurant has incredible food, service is outstanding and the location is near home. It is our favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in the areaMyrnaDined on 1/28/2014Calzolaio Pasta Co. is by far my favorite restaurant within 30 miles. The food is always excellent, the service great, and the owners make us feel welcome. On this occasion, the owners threw a 5th anniversary party, with free appetizers and first-drink-free from 5-7 pm. The buffet table was generously stocked with at least five delicious appetizers. Everyone was encouraged to come dressed up in flowered shirts, straw hats and sunglasses. What fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best this side of the MediterraneanGuidoDined on 12/31/2013Incredible food; outstanding wait staff; wonderful atmosphere for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect experienceLove2dineDined on 12/4/2013The title sums up my opinion of Calzolaio Pasta Company. The staff is thoroughly acquainted with the extensive menu and patiently answers all questions until a guest narrows the choices to place their order. The servers are attentive without hovering and always pleasant. The food? Simply the best in this part of Maine. We have dined at Calzolaio many times with and without guests and without exception, every meal served to our table has been of gourmet quality...well presented, proper temperature, and delicious. Ambience is great...interesting décor, soft lighting, and well-spaced tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love eating here. LoveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013We love eating here. Love the food and love the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were 6 of us all ofcdmanDined on 11/15/2013There were 6 of us all of different age groups and taste. Everyone had a great time 4 of us had been there before, the last couple was really impressed we recommend to all of our Friends. Appitizer portions were plenty to pass around the tableSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Dining Experience!Cher57Dined on 11/3/2013The building is beautiful - exposed brick, stone, old wood floors - you get the picture. My husband and I went for a late lunch on a Sunday. The hot bread with dipping sauce (oil & herbs) was delicious. My husband had the 'popcorn shrimp cocktail' for an appetizer. They were spicy, lightly breaded and not greasy. He reported his 'Veal Marsala' to be excellent as was my 'Parmesan Salmon'. Both entrees were served with a choice of pasta and sauce and a seasoned butternut squash side. The portions are huge! I took over half of my dinner home (sweet!). We opted to share the tiramisu which was very light and excellent. Our server Rachel was lovely and efficient. She really has a very nice way about her. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- hostess with the unmostessDateKnightsDined on 10/19/2013We had a fantastic evening. We had a party of 6. Rachel was our server and was phenomenal. The hostess not so much. We had a 515 reservation and dinner was moving along nicely, dinner did take a little long to come out of the kitchen but we were ok with that because appetizers and conversation was filling any sort of void. We ate, had coffee and dessert and before my fork hit my dessert plate the hostess was right there taking the check and clearing plates. Then she stood and stared. We felt rushed by the hostess, which I found out was the owner. Now, I dont know how her day was going, but that experience trumped the evening and was the topic of conversation for a few miles down the road. WE WILL RETURN.Special Features:
- This is a wonderful restaurantjimiDined on 10/6/2013This is a wonderful restaurant especially for rural, western Maine. It is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pasta and seafood entrees.TjottDined on 9/21/2013Good pasta and seafood entrees. Nice wine and beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy ItalianNikenDined on 9/1/2013The food is absolutely good, we were party of four and all of us had lovely experience. The service was a bit slow, the waiter took almost full 15 minutes before taking our orders but we totally forgot about that once our entree came. Will definetely coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!EGrayDined on 8/31/2013I think that it is safe to say that we all (6 of us) LOVED our waitress! She was super energetic, friendly, and had a knack of knowing exactly what to say when it came time to decide what to order.Special Features:
- great evening with friendsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaDined on 8/22/2013Wonderful evening, tried a crabmeat alvacado salad was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.