Cal's Classic American
504 Ramsay Way Suite 107
Kent, WA 98032Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cal's Classic American
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://calsclassic.com/
- Phone: 2532341913
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, Sunday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 2:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Shannon Galusha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Classic, upbeat and modern music & televisions throughout the space with technology peeking around every corner
A word from Cal's Classic American
Cal's is a refreshed return to the spirit of the American's favorite foods. Cal's is a neighborhood and family friendly place that is honestly robust. A place to enjoy bold and simply flavored food served up with a commitment to true service and sincere hospitality. We pride ourselves on being Real People preparing and serving Real Food in a genuine and authentic surrounding. A classic restaurant to be enjoyed savored and shared.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cal's Classic American reviews from OpenTable diners
- Cal's was just o.k. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Cal's was just o.k. Very nice friendly waitstaff. Clean and funky decor. Food ????? Just O.K. 10 in our party 5 were disappointed in their food. :( Chicken was very salty (chicken n waffles) Steak very peppery (steak salad) and Burger very dry n burned. The drinks were Great!! So, Go for drinks and enjoy. I would go again for happy hour if invited but not for dinner.Special Features:
- Very good food + great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012The food is consistently great here! Very well prepared meals. Each of the server's I've had are exceedingly friendly and most definitely have a "here to help you" attitude. Especially Antwone! (Not positive I spelled his name correctly) either way, he did great. Very on top of it and made dining there fun. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Didn't live up to the hypeCricketDined on 7/22/2012Three visits to Cal's & none were great although we kept hoping it would get better. 1st visit: Sat in the bar. Waited 10 minutes before being asked if we had been helped. Another 7 minutes before we received drinks. Once those sat empty for 15 minutes we flagged down a server (not ours) & asked for our check. 2nd: Sat in the restaurant. Server was very friendly, but not knowledgeable about the food. When asked what was on the meat pizza she named several meats that were not included, which we found out after ordering it. 3rd: Sat in the bar. Server was prompt, polite & addressed our issues. We often order chicken & waffles when we see it on a menu and always receive a breast/thigh/wing/leg. At Cal's it's 4 child size pieces & no breast
- the chicken and waffle wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012the chicken and waffle was not what i expected. It was just okay. Nothing to brag about.Special Features:
- Off to a great startOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I've enjoyed all the meals I've had at Cal's so far, very tasty and very generous portion sizes. I also love the decor and atmosphere of the place. I'd definitely recommend this place to those who are looking for great tasting American food with a bit of a modern spin.Special Features:
- Can comment on the Kid FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012Can comment on the Kid Friendly as it does not apply to me.Special Features:
- Great place to grab a mealseattledripdropsDined on 3/11/2012Great place to grab a meal when out shopping, movie or event at the arena next door. Food is amazing. Bonus points for using local meats and produce. The servers are always fast and friendly. The kitchen is viewable from the dinning area and the kitchen is very fast with food orders. All in all this is a great place to take friends and family.Special Features:
- We just had appetizers andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/2/2012We just had appetizers and were not that impressed. Next time we will try some entrees to give a real opinion of this place.Special Features:
- Cal's has potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/25/2012I give Cal's ***. They have limited healthy choice options, surprising small 'larger salad' portions and a carrot cake desert that I did NOT like. This kept the rating at merely good. For a healthy choice I would recommend the cod from the dinner menu - it was very good! Plus the 20 oz Guinness is very reasonable. The cocktail menu was intriguing - I'll have to come back for a hand-crafted cocktail. Service seemed inexperienced (slow to bus table, present check and did not provide new utensils after the first course) but very friendly.
- Please avoid this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012The food was nearly inedible. We both ordered the Steak Salad. It didn't turn out to be a salad at all. It was two hunks of steak served with a head of romaine lettuce. The steak was so tough that it was difficult to cut with a sharp steak knife. The romaine was undercooked and inadequately seasoned. The garbo beans were without appeal. I didn't even try to eat them. The prices were shockingly high. Lunch for two came to $45 with tip. It was a lousy place to eat. RAM
- food was very good, the menuMichaelBDined on 2/5/2012food was very good, the menu choices very eclectic.Special Features:
- Ok not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2012Our dinner was OK a few of our group didn't like what they got. Chicken casserole was disappointing, Meat in the meat and potatoes was good but potatoes weren't . Appetizers were not very good. How do they justify charging so much for a PBR I could be a couple of six pack for what you charge.
- Our dinner at Cal's was fine.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2012Our dinner at Cal's was fine. The food was good and the ambiance fine,if a little loud for our tastes. We probably will not return though because the prices seem about 1/3 too high for what we get.
- Their Happy hour is fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Their Happy hour is fantastic! I highly recommend the BBQ pork sandwich, it's very yummy and the homemade slaw and freshly cut fries were the icing on the cake! The beer tap tables are really fun and makes for a great atmosphere! One of my favorite placesSpecial Features:
- Great setting, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2011Great setting, great service, great food. The ingredients and preparation set the food apart. For example, the hamburger simply tastes better than pretty much any other hamburger. The mac n cheese is delicious. Very rich. Makes for a great shared app. The tables in the bar with their own personal keg taps looks pretty cool.Special Features:
- Waste of time/money....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/3/2011We went here with excitement because the taps at the tables. Made the revervation and not knowing that it's only in the bar...Got seated (party of 7) and ordered a drink from the menu and was told there are out...Another person ordered a malibu and diet and they don't carry malibu. Ordered another drink on the menu and it was absolutely awful. Even a basic margarita they couldn't make becuase they didn't have everything. When going to a restaurant having a good drink it a must! Especially when you are paying a price for it! We rec'd our dinners and to our shock the plate was huge with a small piece of cod right in the middle (i guess they wanted it to seem big). Our overall experience will be NOT to ever go back to this place again.
- Been now three times and eachOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/30/2011Been now three times and each time the experience and the staff have been great. Very attentive and friendly team make this a great local place to take family, friends, and co-workers. Great job!Special Features:
- So-so. We're always up forFairDined on 11/25/2011So-so. We're always up for new local places. Five of us went, only one liked their meal-pizza. Clams tasted funny, roast was small portion and bland, salads had about 1/8 tsp dressing on them. Cool interior, however.
- this was a new experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011this was a new experience in dining. it was the first time we have been to Cal's, or anything like it. there are not too many places you can get a beer in a sack, or 40 served to your table in a bucket full of ice. we came in a large group and had the chance to meet one of the owners, he was very polite and passionet about his establishement. the food was outstanding not like any other burger joints around. I have the 1/2 pound house burger and would reccommend it to anyone who likes a good burger, washed it down with a 40oz PBR whcih made my night. the best part was this was all in the restaurant section so it was like one big bar.Special Features:
- There were 6 in our party,janceeDined on 11/17/2011There were 6 in our party, our once a month dinner group. We try to find different eating places, as we would return and reccomend them to others. We all felt that the prices were high, for the area. $15.00 for one type of burger, and it was not the average burger size, but smaller. The toast that was served with the chicken noodle soup was burnt, should not have been served that way. We will not return thre.
- Pizza was very small, butChrisVIPDined on 11/4/2011Pizza was very small, but good, for $14.00. Pot pies were extremely salty and the chili was bland. We tried this new restaurant because it's new to the Kent Station but we all agreed we wouldn't be going back.
- Excellent, fresh tasting food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2011Excellent, fresh tasting food! Great service,loved the decor! Highly recommend it! We'll be regulars there...Special Features: