114 Laurier Ouest
Montreal, QC H2T 2N7Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.callaomontreal.com/
- Phone: 5142278712x
- Hours of Operation:
Lundi au Samedi de 17h30 à 22h00
Monday to Saturday from 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian, French
- Executive Chef: Mario Navarrete Jr
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Pour les groupes de 10 à 50 convives. Salle privée ou semie-privée.
For groups from 10 to 50 guests. Private or semi-private room.
- Private Party Contact: Nadine 5148834455x
A word from Callao
Callao is a peruvian cantine from the Chef Mario Navarrete Jr. Ceviches, tiraditos, anti-cuchos (grilled meats), causas, typical peruvian dishes presented in a more modern manner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Callao reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (3)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Such a treatFoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014Beautiful decor is the setting for lovingly prepared fare, artfully presented by an attentive server. This is the city' best kept secret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but lacks extrascmorrellDined on 7/2/2014I am no expert on Peruvian dining but given that my significant other is from Lima, I have eaten my fair share of Peruvian food. The lack of Peruvian wine is a disappointment. The only beer offered is Red Stripe (Jamacan beer in Peru?!?) No Inca Cola. No chicha morada. I tried 2 of the 3 classic Peruvian cocktails offered and they were both very good. The food was very good but highly stylized. I would recommend both the Ceviche appetizer and the lomo saltado main dish. Overall, I found it to be overly expensive. There is at least one other Peruvian restaurant in Montreal with the same high caliber of cuisine but which has the extras that I was hoping for: Peruvian wine (privately imported), standard beer menu, and chicha morada.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Callao reviews archive.