Calistro Bistro Hilton Village
6107 N. Scottsdale Rd Suite 110
Scottsdale, AZ 85250Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Calistro Bistro Hilton Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calistrobistro.com/Scottsdale-Hilton-Village-Restaurant/index.html
- Phone: 4806565244
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gerald Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Calistro can handle most any off site catering demands. Call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Calistro at Hilton Village can accommodate parties up to 15 inside or on our patio. Calistro at DC Ranch Crossing has a Wine Room that is surrounded by walls that store our bottles of wine! This room is semi-private and is perfect for parties of 15 to 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Hendrix 4806565244
- Entertainment: Calistro Bistro Hilton Village has LIVE MUSIC every weekend and occasionally on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Call or check our Facebook for details.
A word from Calistro Bistro Hilton Village
Calistro Bistro at the Scottsdale Hilton Village brings that "farm to table" mentality from California to Scottsdale, Arizona. Everything is made in house from the highest quality ingredients available throughout every season. Calistro brings elements and standards of fine dining to a comfortable and approachable neighborhood setting. Calistro California Bistro’s menus have something for everyone. Whether you are a foodie looking for an "experience" or the casual diner with kids, Calistro Bistro can exceed your expectations. Since everything is made from scratch and in house, we accommodate any dietary restriction with ease! Calistro California Bistro is in the Pursuit of Excellence! You will taste the difference.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Calistro Bistro Hilton Village reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food, relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012Thoroughly enjoyed our New Years Eve dinner at Calistro. Food was overall very good and interesting. My wife's chicken was a little overcooked but my mahi mahi was very tasty. My daughter had the beef wellington which looked great. Our salads were also excellent and dessert was a great finish. We will definitely be going back to try more.Special Features:
- My wife and I ate at CalistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012My wife and I ate at Calistro following Mass on Christmas Eve. We thought it was terrific that they were open. We enjoyed a great meal (Lamb Meatloaf) with a very nice wine. As always, the service was great. We just think this is a wonderful neighborhood place with great food and service.Special Features:
- Food was good. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/11/2012Food was good. Service was good. We sat in the restaurant rather than the bar and they still gave us the happy hour prices even though they are only for the bar or outside. The night was too cool for outside seating.
- Our favorite neighborhood bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012My wife and I had dinner at Calistro with our son and his young family. We had been looking forward to returning to our favorite spot after having been away for about 6 months. We had a great time. As always, the food and service were both terrific. We tried a few new items on the menu; I had the lamb meatloaf which I loved and would highly recommend. In any case, we had a great evening and it was just very pleasant to be back at our favorite neighborhood bistro.Special Features:
- Food was excellent, serviceShmirVIPDined on 12/1/2012Food was excellent, service friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- First time at the restaurant.njfranVIPDined on 11/30/2012First time at the restaurant. Excellent customer service as well as having an interesting menu. Enjoyed the vegetable plate which included rolled eggplant. Would return to try some of the other specials. Very pleasant owner/manager.Special Features:
- I ordered the Vegetarian Plate,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012I ordered the Vegetarian Plate, which was outstanding (despite the boring name). The dish was beautiful to look at and the vegetables in the terrine melded with the orzo and marinara to create wonderful flavors. Servers were attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- My only complaint was thatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2012My only complaint was that the menu was a little sparse- needed many more items...Special Features:
- Food was terrific and an easyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2012Food was terrific and an easy walk from our rental accommodation. Would highly recommend the food. Bistro style so bright and cheery.Special Features:
- Where Was Everybody?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012On a Saturday night, in the heart of dinnertime, it was us, a waitress, a bartender, and two bar patrons, plus a cook or two. Why? The food here is excellent. My date's pot roast was hearty and delicious. My chicken was less hearty but equally tasty. We expected to be elbow-to-elbow with our fellow diners, instead of listening to our own voices echo around the nearly-empty room. I hope things pick up; this place is too good to be allowed to wither away. FYI: although it is related to the Calistro in DC Ranch Crossing, the menu is completely different.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012We went to dinner early so the noise level was still low enough for us to talk. Music on the patio was just starting as we were leaving so we sat on the patio and had another glass of wine and listen for at least an hour. Van and Melanie were great and sang "our" type of music. They went around to the tables at their break and we found out about her dog and pot bellied pig rescue facility. Nice people. We will be back for the great food and music.Special Features:
- YUMMMY!DonnaVIPDined on 6/18/2012This restaurant is so good. I have been numerous times and anyone in the neighborhood of the Hilton Village should try it! So fresh and the people that work there are wonderful. The food is just delicious!Special Features:
- We went there on a SaturdayBostn2phxVIPDined on 6/16/2012We went there on a Saturday evening at 6:30 and left about 9:00. There were still many empty tables, bar was void of guests except two and one couple on patio. They had a male singer who was 'screaming' out 'music' which three tables asked to lower the volume. Softer music (guitarist and non vocal) would have been better for ambiance and hearing your tablemates!! Food was good, however. I think the one in DC Ranch Village is brighter and prettier.
- Great food was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2012Great food was fantastic and staff was eager to please. The interior ambiance was below the level of the other store up north which was surprising.Special Features:
- Our group of five enjoyedSek1Dined on 5/20/2012Our group of five enjoyed a delicious dinner. We started with the falafel balls and hummus appetizers. The falafels were very tasty and the presentation was unique. The hummus was tasty and had a seasoning that made it stand out from what you can get elsewhere. Most of us had fish entrees that were cooked perfectly. We split the vegan rice pudding and the chocolatine (?) dessert. The rice pudding was very good and the chocolate dessert was chocolate-filled tart in a very thin pastry. Yum! Our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- Timing Serving Multiple CoursesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/12/2012One complaint - entrees were served before we finished our appetizerSpecial Features:
- The presentation and flavoursSnowDined on 5/11/2012The presentation and flavours were fantastic, as was the service. The chef even came out to see us...I hope people support this new restaurant so it makes it.Special Features:
- What a nice change to haveShellyVIPDined on 5/11/2012What a nice change to have this great little restaurant in a spot that just hasn't seemed to make a go with any restaurant. I'm sure this one will make it.Special Features:
- Needs food adjustment and directionSandyVIPDined on 5/10/2012In all fairness, I did not like my only visit to Calistro Bistro a year ago when I went.. It is now a year later and I should give it another try after its opening. The food combinations were odd and weird tasting. My first shock was they charged for bread as an appetizer at $4.50. The restaurant was divided in two...bar and restaurant and at the time you couldn't order bar food in the restaurant side. Maybe I would have liked some of the bar food choices. It seemed more populated. It is still there and perhaps it has altered some of its earlier dishes. It must have in order to stay in business for a year.
- when we arrived, hostess couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2012when we arrived, hostess could not find reservation. Restaurant was not crowded so we were seated immediately. A few minutes later I went to hostess and mentioned the reservation may have mistakenly gone to restaurant's other location....she looked at me like "it's not important...you have a table." My meal was fairly good but my husbands was skimpy in size and only fair. There are so many other more attractive and good places to go in same area.....we will probably choose one of them.
- Dinner was just OKmhkolmanVIPDined on 4/14/2012Dinner was OK - nothing special. The salads were crisp and tasty. Main courses lacked interest. Burger was mediocre, but sweet potatoe puffs were quite fun. Flatbreads were relatively tasteless. The chocolate dessert we had heard so much about was a real disappointment.Special Features:
- My wife and I and anotherAZoldguyDined on 4/8/2012My wife and I and another couple visited Calistro Bistro Hilton Village for Easter brunch.The food was unbelievably good and attractively presented. Our waitress, Anna, was superb and also an excellent "ambassador" for the resturant as she took pains to inform us of all of the specials during the week and happy hour, etc. The ambience and "curb appeal" are lacking.Special Features:
- My wife and I took some veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012My wife and I took some very close friends to this new restaurant. We were there for 3 hours and had a great time. The Mediterranean flat bread was really good. The soup had great flavor. We all tried different entres from chicken to pasta to pork; all were great. Service was wonderful. At the end, our friends were just raving about the food, wine, service and the great neighborhood "feeling" of Calistro. Many thanks for a great time!!!Special Features:
- Have some kinks to work outSusieTVIPDined on 4/3/2012I went to the new Calistro location based on a previous experience at the DC Ranch location. My experience at the new Hilton Village location was a little disappointing. The entrance to the restaurant didn't seem to be quite finished. It just felt odd. We had a large group for lunch for which I had made reservations, and we were seated near the back of the restaurant. It felt like we were in Siberia, since all of the other patrons in the restaurant were near the front or seated outside. So, that too, was a little odd. Our waiter was good, but the timing of the food coming out was slow. A couple of people ordered burgers and their fries weren't cooked properly. Beet salads were wonderful as well as the butter lettuce salad.Special Features:
- My wife and I had been toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2012My wife and I had been to this new restaurant a couple of times already. But this time, we brought our visiting daughter, her husband and 3 children, ages 5, 3 and 1!! It turned out really well. The food, service and wine were all great as they had been before. The three grandchildren also had a great time. The children's menu worked very well; the 5 year old ate double portions!!! And, very interestingly, the host had put us at a table that had a window looking into the kitchen. The 5 and 3 year olds had a great time watching how the food was prepared and cooked. The kids had a great time and that allowed the adults to enjoy their dinners as well. A great time enjoyed by all!!Special Features:
- Calistro Bistro is a new restaurantsandyVIPDined on 3/19/2012Calistro Bistro is a new restaurant in a location that's been unsuccessful for previous restaurants. We hope this restaurant is the turning point for the location. We were compelled to try Calistro Bistro based on a friend's advice, and were not disappointed. Everyone enjoyed their food, and the waiter - who was perhaps also a manager or owner - was gracious, cheerful and helpful, despite having to make frequent trips into the kitchen in order to answer our questions about different dishes. We tried an assortment of dishes, including desserts. Everyone went away happy. We'll be encouraging everyone to try Calistro Bistro, in the hopes that it will garner enough business to stay afloat. We'd selfishly like that.Special Features:
- This was my first time atGabbyVIPDined on 3/17/2012This was my first time at the Hilton Village address and i will return again with friends.Special Features:
- We were visiting ScottsdaleyellowbeanbugDined on 3/16/2012We were visiting Scottsdale from Chicago. Calistro Bistro was a real find! Loved the food, sitting outside and enjoying the view of the mountains. It was sunset, which made it even more spectacular, as we were facing west.Special Features:
- I thought the food was terrificTriciaDined on 3/10/2012I thought the food was terrific and the wine list was very good. Our service was great.....definitely will return.Special Features:
- Portions were a little smallTcarlVIPDined on 3/9/2012Portions were a little small for the price. Specifically the crabcakes. Kitchen was slow in producing food.Special Features:
- soup not served hot--justshoplifterVIPDined on 3/7/2012soup not served hot--just warm; couldn't find our server for the several instances we were needing him; everyone was friendly; burgers had buns which were too thick & meat lacking something(?)---seasoning,tenderizing??? prices s/b reviewed to more properly fit the venue.....
- I will not be going back toDinerDined on 3/3/2012I will not be going back to this restaurant. The food and service was awful...it took over an hour for our food to come out and when it did it was overcooked. They charged $3 for 4 pieces of foccia bread that was mealy and tasteless.
- My wife and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2012My wife and I had a great time at this new neighborhood restaurant. The food was great My wife had the tuna special and I had the chicken), the server was very helpful and friendly and we just liked the "feel" of the place. For us, this is a great location and we will definitely be back many times.Special Features:
- What a fantastic additionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012What a fantastic addition to the neighborhood! Service was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. We will be back often.Special Features:
- Great New Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2012Great Food & Great Service! Very happy we saw this new restaurant and decided to try it. We will for sure be back very soon!Special Features: