1107 Cedar Street
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calistogakitchen.com/
- Phone: 7079426500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: F-Sa 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: Th-Sa 5:30pm-9:00pm
Brunch: Su 9:30am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Warkel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Calistoga KITCHEN Catering has been creating memorable custom menus since 1996. Our list of clients include wine producers like Joseph Phelps, Fisher Vineyards and Schramsberg to small residential gatherings, and local charitable events. Our catering crew are asked to return year after year to annual family events as well as once in a lifetime weddings, anniversaries, and milestones. Chef Rick’s signature dishes are created from the finest ingredients and always seasonal. Fully licensed and insured, we customize your menu to your taste, budget, and style.
A word from Calistoga KITCHEN
Calistoga KITCHEN offers casual dining with exceptional food, wine, and company. Find us in downtown Calistoga on the corner of Cedar Street and Lincoln Avenue. We are an ingredient driven restaurant that produces delicious dishes, simple and clean. We work with local farms, ranches, and orchards to bring you the highest quality, and freshest ingredients. Our retail-priced wine list features small producers from the Valley, mostly Calistoga AVA with some exceptional finds from outside our area. Open for Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Calistoga KITCHEN - Best Restaurants in Calistoga ›
Calistoga KITCHEN reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)special occasion (14)romantic (14)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- FoodieFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Loud!!! Too noisy for normal conversation but the food was good and nicely presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B- for this placeLesterBurnhamDined on 9/12/2014Food was very good and ambiance was fine. Service not great as our waitress was not overly welcoming or charming and the transition between courses was clumsy and slow. Also, i have never been charged for bread before in a restaurant. It's not so much the cost ($1.50 per order) that bothered me, but just the principle of paying for two little pieces of half stale unremarkable bread with olive oil was very offsetting. I wouldn't go back or recommend with so many other options in the valley.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Rick never disappoints Thanks For great food and service Always a special evening PeggyI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Another excellent meal at one the the top area restaurants. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinnerVickiVIPDined on 8/14/2014As tourists, we found this gem through opentable and had such a terrific dinner we made reservations for a second dinner the same week on our way out. The outdoor patio was lovely and the food was out of this world. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKevinDined on 8/9/2014All around great dinner, friendly attentive staff, wonderful food, comfortable patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artichokeDined on 8/8/2014I am a regular..This is a great restaurant.. The food id excellent, great choices on the menu..The brunch is one of the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in CalistogaTeddVIPDined on 8/1/2014A truly charming restaurant with food that is beyond excellent! Friendly, well trained staff. Attractive contemporary dining room indoor and a lovely terrace with outside dinning overlooking Lincoln Road, Calistoga's main street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful- great food, good wine.RedWineandStrongTeaDined on 7/31/2014We needed a great healthy meal and a good glass of wine after a long day of travel, and had a marvelous experience at the Calistoga Kitchen. The arugula in the delectable beet salad seemed as if it had just been picked 5 minutes before it arrived at our table. The menu is filled with a sensible variety of options for every palate, and the portions were generous. The value was fair; the wine list is small but filled with excellent local choices; the servers are personable and knowledgeable. The style and ambiance are casual and friendly. A little gem in a quaint little town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We discovered this place last year and were pleased to note it is still the best restaurant in town. Can't wait till next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRickyVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had dinner at Calistoga Kitchen on a Friday and had an outstanding night. The food was outstanding and the service was very good. The Chef came outside and spoke to us and that was classy and very nice. We ate outside and it was beautiful. What a great place for outdoor eating and drinking wine.Special Features:
- 2 nights in a row :) Liz & Marty...lizmarty123Dined on 7/25/2014We would eat at "Calistoga Kitchen" breakfast, lunch & dinner, if we could, but only get to visit Calistoga 4x a year and just finally got to eat there, since we usually come to visit in the beginning of the week. Good reason that you're open Thursday dinner - Sunday brunch. This restaurant is spot on with ambiance, service and serious top notch cooking. The menu is a breath of fresh air, in that the choices are simply stated, without all the pedantic "foodie" nuances that coax you into a mediocre meal. We know exactly where we are going to eat dinner from now on in Calistoga, haven't tried brunch or lunch there yet, but know it will be good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!JaniDined on 7/20/2014It was the perfect place for 4 ladies to meet and have a birthday brunch. Great ambiance, and food and not noisy so we could talk and laugh and not disturb anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Consistently excellent food and great location. Weekly specials add to a well thought our menu and service is friendly and helpful.Wine list contains many local wine and good variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeresidentDined on 7/13/2014A bit expensive - but for a relaxed and special occasion - perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calistoga dinnerbayareadiner57Dined on 7/12/2014The food was quite good and the chef, who came out to greet guests, was very charming. Ingredients were fresh and delicious. Loved the ambiance but the wait staff was slow to notice and respond. Never refilled water unless asked.Special Features:
- interesting menu, not executed wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Well done chops, no juice or flavor. Had to complain as not edible. Owner tried to bring a new dish, but my date was nearly finished with the pasta dish. The pasta vegetables were chopped so small, the snipped ends of the green beans were in the sauce. Very odd to include. Nice restaurant setting in a house. Need kitchen and wait staff to round out the menu and setting.Special Features:
- Great place to eateverylocalDined on 6/29/2014Highly recommend this great place. Locally owned. Creative menu.Special Features:
- Rude serverfirstrevieweverDined on 6/6/2014Dark bald guy with gross earrings scowled at me as I entered with my 2 dogs. Since the restaurant welcomes dogs on the patio and there were two others already there, this surprised me. Both my dogs sat immediately down (one big/one small) and didn't move for the entire time I was there. When he came to wait on the party next to me, I got another very direct look of disapproval. I asked if there was a problem. He suggested my dog was in the way and that I should "move him over." Really? If dogs are allowed then be welcoming to their owners - not grumpy and scolding. My waitress was lovely and almost made up for her co-worker's rudeness. Dinner (lamb salad) was marginal. Pleasant but hardly an entree.Special Features:
- Calistoga KitchenBigRayDined on 5/30/2014Very well executed comfort food. The outside seating is attractive and well used but is situated next to a State Highway. Inside seating is understated and quiet. Service is casual but attentive. Lots of street parking close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Calistoga KITCHEN reviews archive.
- Calistoga find!michaelnginiDined on 5/11/2014This has quickly become one of our very favorite places to eat in Calistoga. Combination of very good (and slightly unusual) menu and extremely friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMikeyP51Dined on 5/11/2014The best meal I've had in a long time. I had the duck egg and bacon sandwich on a jalapeño roll with home style potatoes. I was not only excellent but it looked great too.Special Features:
- calistoga kitchenPickyeaterDined on 5/10/2014The sign out front says Good Eats. That is correct!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunchjudy2shoesDined on 5/4/2014As always, we were not disappointed! We love the Calistoga Kitchen for any meal. Warm, comfortable and great service.Special Features:
- Cottage DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2014This is a great restaurant and moderately priced! Nine dishes to choose from and each one is a hit! It is located in an old house/cottage style and has just a few tables. A lot of locals frequent this place, so you know the food is excellent. The night we were there, the owner/chef was rotating around and making sure we were having a good meal/time.Special Features:
- A Sunday BrunchSusillaDined on 4/20/2014I wish I could really rave about this spot as it is so cute and rather an historical site. The food was excellent by the way. But the entire waitstaff, hostess experience was really not flowing. Mind, the place was not that busy.. We were two, so we were rather shoved in a far away table although by a window. We waited a long time to see someone. She was really not interested in us for the entire meal experience. And waited even longer for drinks. Asking for water, it never came We waited for food for some 20 minutes, ugh. I had to ask for the check and then she served us the wrong one. No manager on the floor as well, as far as I can see, certainly not helping out with larger parties! Shame!Special Features:
- GREAT DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014This restaurant was outstanding. The owner chef came by many times and made suggestions. What a place. Outstanding food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMollyDined on 3/29/2014The food was perfect, and we love the cozy atmosphere and the warm reception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calistoga's little GEMjescobarDined on 3/29/2014I found Calistoga Kitchen via Yelp and thought to give it a try. The restaurant is located in a converted house... you literally step in to what it would be the living room of a traditional home. The setting is intimate and feels rustic. The decor is simple, nothing fancy... but, the food speaks for itself. We had an amazing quail salad, hen, duck breast and delish vanilla cheescake. The price point is a bit high, but worth it. The chef/owner went around each table asking for feedback and welcoming us to the restaurant/home. Very very good California food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe had my hopes too highBetsyDined on 3/29/2014It was good. Let me say that. I had hoped though for so much more. First, we were seated by the kitchen door without much view. Wish they had put us somewhere else... Then thought the menu was a little limited. Our food though was very good. Service was good, not excellent, not bad, just good. Maybe it was us as we had traveled that day all the way from Florida, but it while it was a good restaurant, it was not as excellent as I had expected.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovely fooddseverib75VIPDined on 3/22/2014Not much to say other than it was seriously good food. My rabbit Cacciatore was noting less than memorable.Special Features:
- The Calistoga Kitchen is anartichokeDined on 2/16/2014The Calistoga Kitchen is an all around winner.the food is superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feb. 15, 2014RascalDined on 2/15/2014This is the 3rd time I've dined at Calistoga Kitchen. The food is consistantly excellent! Very different food, Rabbit, Wild Boar, Gam Hen, also fish and beef. Their dessert are also very good. The staff is very friendly like most of the places in Calistoga. Overall an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurpriseEduardoDined on 2/14/2014I booked a table for two for Valentines Day and had some trepidation because Open Table had no ratings at the time I booked. It turned out to be a wonderful surprise. The food was artistically presented, perfectly prepared, and delicious. The chef came by the table no less than three times during the meal to see how we were doing. The waitress was charming. The place was full, so I would recommend reservations.Special Features:
- What a TreasuremandmDined on 2/6/2014An evening of gourmet dining was enjoyed by six 'experienced foodies'. Our selections included blacken cod, rabbit, wild boar and gnocchi. The presentations were outstanding and the flavors beyond this writers ability to describe. The service matched the food in quality. Don't miss this little gem in Calistoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy comfort foodBobbyJVIPDined on 1/25/2014Cozy setting, even with minimal decor. Feels like being invited to someone's house, if they just moved in. Service is friendly and courteous, and the owner took the time to chat with the customers. Dishes are very much comfort food, with generous portions, and nothing ostentatious in the presentation--just nice, simple, and satisfying. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.