1107 Cedar Street
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calistogakitchen.com/
- Phone: (707) 942-6500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: F-Sa 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner: Th-Sa 5:30pm-9:00pm
Brunch: Su 9:30am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Warkel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Calistoga KITCHEN Catering has been creating memorable custom menus since 1996. Our list of clients include wine producers like Joseph Phelps, Fisher Vineyards and Schramsberg to small residential gatherings, and local charitable events. Our catering crew are asked to return year after year to annual family events as well as once in a lifetime weddings, anniversaries, and milestones. Chef Rick’s signature dishes are created from the finest ingredients and always seasonal. Fully licensed and insured, we customize your menu to your taste, budget, and style.
A word from Calistoga KITCHEN
Calistoga KITCHEN offers casual dining with exceptional food, wine, and company. Find us in downtown Calistoga on the corner of Cedar Street and Lincoln Avenue. We are an ingredient driven restaurant that produces delicious dishes, simple and clean. We work with local farms, ranches, and orchards to bring you the highest quality, and freshest ingredients. Our retail-priced wine list features small producers from the Valley, mostly Calistoga AVA with some exceptional finds from outside our area. Open for Lunch, Dinner, and Sunday Brunch. Reservations are recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Calistoga KITCHEN - Best Restaurants in Calistoga ›
Calistoga KITCHEN reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (23)special occasion (16)romantic (13)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (7)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Service left a lot to be desiredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2014The day went to Calistoga Kitchen there weren't but 2 other parties. That being said it felt as though our server has forgot she had our table. We sat without refills for a good 8 mins.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2014We first tried Calistoga Kitchen for lunch a month ago, mostly for their lovely patio. We ordered simple fare, but were very impressed by the quality of the preparation and the menu. We decided to return for dinner last week and it far exceeded or expectations. The quality of the food, preparation, and flavors were second to none! We had a fantastic time and it was certainly the best meal of 2014. We had tried JoLe just the night before and Calistoga Kitchen offered a MUCH better meal and experience. It would have far surpassed JoLe at double the price, but it was actually about ~30% less expensive. Another bonus! The service was also excellent and our Server was both knowledgeable and attentive. Truly exceptional all around. I give my highest recommendation, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty BrunchTresbon1Dined on 11/9/2014I had wanted to dine in the garden since it was a beautiful day, but our table for five was waiting for us inside. Waitress was friendly and helpful, but we had to request water a few times. The food was good, especially the mushroom omelette that 3 of us had. It was uncomfortably warm inside. Next time I would choose the garden that looked very quaint.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerleelDined on 11/6/2014We went to Calistoga Kitchen after local tour guide recommendation. Not on some web sites for Calistoga. Food was excellent. Chef checked on us too. Very good service. Hard to find but worth it.Special Features:
- Delightful EveningWineLoverDined on 11/1/2014Cozy space with a special menu for the evening. Server was personable and took great care of us.Special Features:
- Best in CalistogaFritzthedogDined on 10/25/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in Calistoga. Very comfortable atmosphere, nice and reasonably priced wine list, terrific food. The Roast Duck soup is the best soup I've ever had, anywhere. The servers are always friendly, concerned, timely, and accommodating. It's not a large place and has a cozy atmosphere. Very unpretentious. We are in town two or three times a year and go here at least once each time. The chef/owner is always on premise, so there's a great deal of personal attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great space, great steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Rick always does a great job, but the Cowboy steak was a step above. Easily the best steak I've had in a long time. Sunday brunch there is also a favorite - don't miss the french toast.Special Features:
- Hoped it would have been betterSuSuDined on 10/4/2014We we arrived for our 7pm dinner reservation the tables were nearly empty, but walking past another restaurant 4 doors down the place was bustling. We wondered if we made a mistake. There were hit and misses. The salmon was dry. The beet salad presentation was lovely but the beets were slivered and small versus cubed. The goat cheese on the salad was scant. The gaspacho was excellent.Special Features:
- Calistoga KitchenLisa1Dined on 10/3/2014We absolutely loved this place. The server was extremely attentive and friendly. The food was outstanding and the setting was very intimate. All around loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014By far, the best prepared food (pork chop)i have eaten in Sonoma County/Napa County. I ordered 10oz. special of rib eye. It was well seasoned and cooked perfectly medium rare. However, it was over shadowed by my girlfriend's pork chop. I wish I had ordered her meal. Sweet potato puree and brussel sprouts were perfect. We were completely satisified by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- September DinnerpaontheroadDined on 9/25/2014Loved our dinner. Server was tremendous. Only complaint - sound level was too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineGroupiesDined on 9/18/2014Perfect venue to kick-off our wine tasting and concert weekend in the Napa and Sonoma ValleysSpecial Features:
- FoodieFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Loud!!! Too noisy for normal conversation but the food was good and nicely presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B- for this placeLesterBurnhamVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food was very good and ambiance was fine. Service not great as our waitress was not overly welcoming or charming and the transition between courses was clumsy and slow. Also, i have never been charged for bread before in a restaurant. It's not so much the cost ($1.50 per order) that bothered me, but just the principle of paying for two little pieces of half stale unremarkable bread with olive oil was very offsetting. I wouldn't go back or recommend with so many other options in the valley.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Rick never disappoints Thanks For great food and service Always a special evening PeggyI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014Another excellent meal at one the the top area restaurants. Consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific dinnerVickiVIPDined on 8/14/2014As tourists, we found this gem through opentable and had such a terrific dinner we made reservations for a second dinner the same week on our way out. The outdoor patio was lovely and the food was out of this world. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantKevinDined on 8/9/2014All around great dinner, friendly attentive staff, wonderful food, comfortable patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artichokeDined on 8/8/2014I am a regular..This is a great restaurant.. The food id excellent, great choices on the menu..The brunch is one of the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must in CalistogaTeddVIPDined on 8/1/2014A truly charming restaurant with food that is beyond excellent! Friendly, well trained staff. Attractive contemporary dining room indoor and a lovely terrace with outside dinning overlooking Lincoln Road, Calistoga's main street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful- great food, good wine.RedWineandStrongTeaDined on 7/31/2014We needed a great healthy meal and a good glass of wine after a long day of travel, and had a marvelous experience at the Calistoga Kitchen. The arugula in the delectable beet salad seemed as if it had just been picked 5 minutes before it arrived at our table. The menu is filled with a sensible variety of options for every palate, and the portions were generous. The value was fair; the wine list is small but filled with excellent local choices; the servers are personable and knowledgeable. The style and ambiance are casual and friendly. A little gem in a quaint little town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014We discovered this place last year and were pleased to note it is still the best restaurant in town. Can't wait till next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Calistoga KITCHEN reviews archive.
- Great PlaceRickyVIPDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I had dinner at Calistoga Kitchen on a Friday and had an outstanding night. The food was outstanding and the service was very good. The Chef came outside and spoke to us and that was classy and very nice. We ate outside and it was beautiful. What a great place for outdoor eating and drinking wine.Special Features:
- 2 nights in a row :) Liz & Marty...lizmarty123Dined on 7/25/2014We would eat at "Calistoga Kitchen" breakfast, lunch & dinner, if we could, but only get to visit Calistoga 4x a year and just finally got to eat there, since we usually come to visit in the beginning of the week. Good reason that you're open Thursday dinner - Sunday brunch. This restaurant is spot on with ambiance, service and serious top notch cooking. The menu is a breath of fresh air, in that the choices are simply stated, without all the pedantic "foodie" nuances that coax you into a mediocre meal. We know exactly where we are going to eat dinner from now on in Calistoga, haven't tried brunch or lunch there yet, but know it will be good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!JaniDined on 7/20/2014It was the perfect place for 4 ladies to meet and have a birthday brunch. Great ambiance, and food and not noisy so we could talk and laugh and not disturb anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Consistently excellent food and great location. Weekly specials add to a well thought our menu and service is friendly and helpful.Wine list contains many local wine and good variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- longtimeresidentDined on 7/13/2014A bit expensive - but for a relaxed and special occasion - perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calistoga dinnerbayareadiner57Dined on 7/12/2014The food was quite good and the chef, who came out to greet guests, was very charming. Ingredients were fresh and delicious. Loved the ambiance but the wait staff was slow to notice and respond. Never refilled water unless asked.Special Features:
- interesting menu, not executed wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Well done chops, no juice or flavor. Had to complain as not edible. Owner tried to bring a new dish, but my date was nearly finished with the pasta dish. The pasta vegetables were chopped so small, the snipped ends of the green beans were in the sauce. Very odd to include. Nice restaurant setting in a house. Need kitchen and wait staff to round out the menu and setting.Special Features:
- Great place to eateverylocalDined on 6/29/2014Highly recommend this great place. Locally owned. Creative menu.Special Features:
- Rude serverfirstrevieweverDined on 6/6/2014Dark bald guy with gross earrings scowled at me as I entered with my 2 dogs. Since the restaurant welcomes dogs on the patio and there were two others already there, this surprised me. Both my dogs sat immediately down (one big/one small) and didn't move for the entire time I was there. When he came to wait on the party next to me, I got another very direct look of disapproval. I asked if there was a problem. He suggested my dog was in the way and that I should "move him over." Really? If dogs are allowed then be welcoming to their owners - not grumpy and scolding. My waitress was lovely and almost made up for her co-worker's rudeness. Dinner (lamb salad) was marginal. Pleasant but hardly an entree.Special Features:
- Calistoga KitchenBigRayDined on 5/30/2014Very well executed comfort food. The outside seating is attractive and well used but is situated next to a State Highway. Inside seating is understated and quiet. Service is casual but attentive. Lots of street parking close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calistoga find!michaelnginiDined on 5/11/2014This has quickly become one of our very favorite places to eat in Calistoga. Combination of very good (and slightly unusual) menu and extremely friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayMikeyP51Dined on 5/11/2014The best meal I've had in a long time. I had the duck egg and bacon sandwich on a jalapeño roll with home style potatoes. I was not only excellent but it looked great too.Special Features:
- calistoga kitchenPickyeaterDined on 5/10/2014The sign out front says Good Eats. That is correct!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunchjudy2shoesDined on 5/4/2014As always, we were not disappointed! We love the Calistoga Kitchen for any meal. Warm, comfortable and great service.Special Features:
- Cottage DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/24/2014This is a great restaurant and moderately priced! Nine dishes to choose from and each one is a hit! It is located in an old house/cottage style and has just a few tables. A lot of locals frequent this place, so you know the food is excellent. The night we were there, the owner/chef was rotating around and making sure we were having a good meal/time.Special Features:
- A Sunday BrunchSusillaDined on 4/20/2014I wish I could really rave about this spot as it is so cute and rather an historical site. The food was excellent by the way. But the entire waitstaff, hostess experience was really not flowing. Mind, the place was not that busy.. We were two, so we were rather shoved in a far away table although by a window. We waited a long time to see someone. She was really not interested in us for the entire meal experience. And waited even longer for drinks. Asking for water, it never came We waited for food for some 20 minutes, ugh. I had to ask for the check and then she served us the wrong one. No manager on the floor as well, as far as I can see, certainly not helping out with larger parties! Shame!Special Features:
- GREAT DINNEROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014This restaurant was outstanding. The owner chef came by many times and made suggestions. What a place. Outstanding food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMollyDined on 3/29/2014The food was perfect, and we love the cozy atmosphere and the warm reception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.