Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
1250 Lincoln Ave
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.calistogainn.com/
- Phone: (707) 942-4101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Bar Menu: 3:00 - 5:30pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Brunch every Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Rosie Dunsford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer limited catering services. Please inquire.
- Private Party Facilities: The Calistoga Inn can cater to groups of any size ranging up to 115 guests. We also offer both indoor and outdoor facilities. Visit our website at CalistogaInn.com for more information or call.
- Private Party Contact: Rosie Dunsford 7079424101
- Entertainment: During the summer months the Calistoga Inn offers live jazz nightly on the patio overlooking the Napa River. Year-round, the pub also hosts live dance bands on the weekends and Open Mic night on Wednesdays. Visit our website (www.calistogainn.com) for other special events!
- Special Events: See website for Special Event listings.
A word from Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
The Calistoga Inn is located at the northern tip of the Napa Valley and has an eighteen room European-style hotel, full-service restaurant with two bars, vintage dining room with outdoor patio & beer garden. The Inn is a local favorite and offers live jazz nightly on the patio (seasonal only) & features dancing in the pub on weekends. The Calistoga Inn is also home to the Napa Valley Brewing Company, which was one of California's first micro-breweries. It's a one-stop-shop for good food, drinks, entertainment & fun. Reservations are recommended. Visit www.calistogainn.com for more info.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (25)great for lunch (23)special occasion (18)scenic view (15)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- dissappointedluv2eatDined on 11/8/2014Loved the ambiance, but was very let down by the food. Risotto was bland, brussel sprouts too sweet and ravioli was pastey. The pear pizza was OK but still no WOW. Overall not what I was expecting.Special Features:
- Calistoga Comfort FoodDelifreshDined on 11/2/2014Sweet spot on Calistoga's main street. Attentive service, tasty well prepared food. Great ribeye steak and brussel sprouts. Good local wine list. Enjoyable evening. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top SpotAustralia2Dined on 10/23/2014Lets face it, Calistoga has many great restaurants and The Calistoga Inn is at the top of our list. The outdoor area where we were seated is elegant and cosy. The night was a little chilly but the pedestal gas heaters were already looking after the quests and adding to the atmosphere. The on site brewery supplied some great beers pre dinner. The food and service was excellent and she who must be obeyed and myself had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapmhallDined on 10/21/2014We had 2 glasses of wine at a cost of 30 dollars or so.They were oxidized (tasted old)We are in the wine business here on a business trip.We drank less than half the wine because it wasn't good.We ate only half out steak dinners as they were coated in a sauce that only be described as Heinz 57and butter not an onion reduction as described in the menu.The waiter never asked us how our meal was or how the wine was.He knew.We asked for our bill and he avoided us.Why drag out such bad food experience in the wine country?Special Features:
- CalistogaProFoodieDined on 10/18/2014While the food was good it was not great. Service was slow. Prices were high for the quality.Special Features:
- Favorite dinner place in CalistogaEenieADined on 10/16/2014We always go here for dinner when we're in Calistoga. Charming, heated deck right on a little wooded creek. The food is marvelous. This time we ordered the short ribs, mmm. We had the yummy & delicately seasoned mushroom soup and the delicious mixed greens salad. My grand daughters (2 ½ and 6) were with us, and the kids' dishes are VERY family friendly, with portions big enough for an adult. They always have a seasonal fruit crisp, this time it was apple -- these are always fantastic. A reliably excellent restaurant in every way, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Nice place for an intimate dinnerJBeatsDined on 10/12/2014We always love the Calistoga Inn for brunch. We like to call ahead and reserve a table along the creek for the view. Overall one of our favorite dining places!Special Features:
- Great experience as usual!ElGordoDined on 10/11/2014Outside seating is great in the evening with soft lighting hanging through the trees overhead. Food is high-end quality and excellent. The lamb, flank steak, and ahi tuna, were delicious. Great wine list. This doesn't seem to be the best suited for children.....which is not necessarily a bad thing after a day of wine tasting but that doesn't mean you shouldn't bring a couple of well-behaved kids. My wife and I have spent the weekend in Calistoga 7-8 times and we make it a point to eat here at least one time each trip. If I used the term "magical", that might be a bit of an over-the-top description but "exceptional", "extraordinary", and "memorable" would be hitting the mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinnerLibrarianDined on 10/6/2014The food was delicious, the wait staff were polite and efficient, the outdoor table on a warm night was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Idyllic & Pleasing to PalateCatsbragDined on 10/5/2014Cute little Calistoga neighborhood restaurant in a quaint, idyllic creek-side, romantic setting draped in white lights under natures umbrella. The service is timely and the food pleasantly pleasing to the taste buds. Make reservations in advance and enjoy the evening. The menu of typical pizza and burgers is prepared with a unique, not so ordinary, twist. The food was fresh, hot and outstanding!Special Features:
- Always Wonderfulchewbacca5Dined on 10/4/2014I have been coming here for years, and my recent visit was for an anniversary dinner with my girlfriend. Ate outside (as one should always do unless it is raining)! The ambiance was lovely, the food just as lovely, and the overall experience was just what we were looking for. This tried and true establishment is a must-do for a romantic experience in the heart of Calistoga / Wine Country.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Excellent food. Timing of service was spot on. Only detraction was the robotic head server who repeated his stock lines verbatim to every table. You feel like one of dozens they serve each night rather than a guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationbajababe17Dined on 9/30/2014This was our 2nd visit to Calistoga Inn R&B. We had reservations (I would recommend them during the fall) for the outside patio by the creek. It was a beautiful evening & the lovely live music that made our dining experience very memorable. Learning from our 1st visit, we split all our courses - appetizer, salad, paella (fabulous!) & dessert. Every thing from start to finish was fresh, in-season, often organic & of generous portions. We brought our own wine & the corkage fee of $15 was fair. The service was attentive but non-intrusive. We will return to the Calistoga Inn R&B the next time we are in Calistoga. Excellent food for a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!PinkBikiniDined on 9/26/2014Always a pleasure. Friendly staff, great food and very accommodating.Special Features:
- Fun place, great foodnapanutsDined on 9/26/2014Great food in a charming atmosphere - both inside and out. Really enjoyed the service and climate.Special Features:
- TiredOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/26/2014Been to the restaurant many times as it is one of the top places in Calistoga proper. This time the service was indifferent and a bit neglectful (which let us sit for a comfortable two plus hours to dine). The food was only fair with overcooked pasta and tough steak not done to specification. Then about 45 minutes after bringing food we were asked about it, there was no offer to correct preparation. It looks like we will save $$$ and skip this scene fromnow onexcept for lunch withfriends on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant.KlrayDined on 9/22/2014Our last night in Napa Valley and this was a great place to end our vacation. A beautiful outdoor setting with a quiet vocalist. Food was delicious. Friends steak was not cooked right and they took it back and brought a new one that was perfect. A must visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Less Than Great Servicedinnerguest456Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and I visited celebrating a special occasion. We sat out on the patio, and it was a beautiful setting out that evening. We were seated by a lovely host, but then were completely ignored for 20 minutes. No service, no drinks, no waiter. Eventually I got up and mentioned this to the hostess and they sent over a waiter who was less than apologetic. The service from then out was acceptable, but quite slow and less than attentive. But the food was really fantastic. We had the rib eye with potatoes and asparagus and my wife had the bbq special. We also had the lemon pie which was fantastic as well.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/4/2014Good place to take kids if you sit outdoors.Alcoholic mixed drinks ok but not special. Main courses undistinguished except clams that were very good. Nice feel outside in the summer.Special Features:
- Dinner under the starsChuckjerriDined on 8/26/2014Weather was perfect for dining outside, we were seated in an area which was conducive for conversation, the restaurant had a gentleman singing various soft melodies which was nice. The wine list is over priced as usual which is surprising considering the multitude of wineries within a 5 mile radius. I simply do not understand the need to price gouge to that extent. The waiter seemed a bit iritated because we wanted to try a few wines prior to purchasing a bottle, other than that our service was fine. That being said I would not hesitate to return, for the food was good and the portions were above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014I love dining on the patio in summer at Calistoga Inn. Nice lunch menu and nice surroundings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST SERVICE EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We don't even know what the food tastes like...we had a reservation and we were asked to wait....we were not even given the option of indoor or outdoor seating even though there were plenty of seats inside. We asked to be seated inside and we sat there for over 20 minutes and no one even approached the table. I finally got fed up with waiting and went to the hostess to let her know that we were tired of waiting and that we would be leaving. She didn't even apologize for the horrible service, she just said, "well, everyone is busy". Apparently, they've never heard of customer service!
- BeautifulifeDined on 8/23/2014We came with a group and ordered a few different salads and three different pizzas to share. Every dish was delicious and everyone agreed! We just kept complimenting the food, every dish was so so tasty! Great ambience, too, since we sat outside and enjoyed the live music. Perfect summer night out! A solid Calistoga find! We'll be going back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outside dining!WinecruiserDined on 8/22/2014We dined outside, and loved the ambience! Weather was perfect, food was very good, on the verge of excellent, and service was excellent! When in the area again, we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star Food!SusanVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I ate dinner at the Inn on Friday, August 15th. The meal was amazing. We were both disappointed when we became too full to finish our meals - it was that good. The setting outdoors is perfect for enjoying the mild Napa Valley weather. They also had an acoustic guitar player that was really good. Added a nice touch to the whole experience. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceBillDined on 8/10/2014We booked a table for six persons through Open Table. For some reason the host would not seat us at one of two open tables which could accommodate six persons. Rather we had to wait 15 minutes while they tried to reconfigure a table meant for four person to squeeze in two more. When the host brought us to the small table, we ask to be seated at the one of the six-person tables and she did so. The food was good, but not great. If we were not constantly waving the flies away we probably would have enjoyed the food more. The service needs help. It took us more time to get our check and pay for it than to order our food and get appetizers. We were eager to get back home and waiting 20 minutes to pay the bill was not fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find in CalistogaRandyGDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant was recommended by the B&B my wife and I stayed at in Calistoga. It was a good recommendation: we were very pleased. We sat outside next to the greenery, which was very pleasant. The cold tomato soup was excellent. The short ribs were also very good. They offer a variety of regional wines, which were fairly priced. We had such a good time we shared a dessert and some port wine after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Great beer selection and cocktail menu. I really liked the outdoor seating and area. The portions are pretty generous and the fries that came with the sandwich was delicious and so was my Italian sandwich. The staff was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Beer me!New2NapaDined on 7/27/2014AWESOME local brews! My boyfriend and I went on a chill Sunday and both really enjoyed ourselves. We started in the dining room and then had another beer after brunch on the patio chairs in the back. Nice, easy going crew! A Calistoga/local must.Special Features:
- love2dineDined on 7/25/2014Great outside dining and not crowded. Unfortunately it was too hot to eat outside. Fortunately there was room inside. Great burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Idyllic settingdes315Dined on 7/24/2014Our meal was delicious, the menu local and varied, the vibe elegantly casual and sophisticated, current without being hip. We started with oysters, and the Napa Valley salad - and let's just say the macadamia crusted goat cheese is a reason to return. I had the halibut special which was superb. The tiki torches, fountains and strings of lights imbue the space with a dreamy summer evening atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 473 reviews are from the Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery reviews archive.
- Nice lunchfoodlogicVIPDined on 7/23/2014The service was a bit disappointing but the food was good and the outdoor scene was great for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, bad service, fair foodSonomaCountyDinerDined on 7/19/2014Lovely patio with plenty of shade; sit near the creek if you can. Be prepared to wait for service; it took 30 minutes & a complaint for someone to take our order....and then a long time to get our meals, one of which had to be sent back. Flavor of food was just OK. I'd cautiously give this spot another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We really enjoyed ourselves and thought the food was excellent and nice, friendly service.Special Features:
- Loved it!DrJESDined on 7/9/2014Fantastic food, great ambiance, top rating! We really enjoyed a long leisurely dinner, with music, on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointed!CruzinFoodiesDined on 7/5/2014Came here with wife for outdoor dinner since it was recommended by other reviewers. Only 2 pros: The superb live jazz music & the attentive hostess. Wife had Napa Valley Salad, was bitter, didn't finish. Ordered Special of pork chop/chicken apple sausage, steamed vegs, sauerkraut. and wife's Steak Frites was flavorless hangar steak & boring shoestring fries with garlic powder topping. Steamed vegs were so undercooked to be uncutable. "Sauerkraut" wasn't truely, merely boiled cabbage, bitter & soggy. Server took 15 min just for water order, another 10+ for drinks then again for dinner. Seated next to water fountain, so loud we couldn't talk. FLIES FLIES FLIES everywhere us! So unenjoyable that we didn't finish dinner & just left!
- Shady, cool, delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014After a long hot day at St. Helena wine tasting, this is the place to go! I brought my husband here with my parents. It was as good as the last time I ate here! My husband was quite impressed. Cool, shady garden, perfect for a restful, relaxing dinner!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor dining spotmissyhillsDined on 6/30/2014Have been coming here for decades and love the large, shady, creekside outdoor patio dining area. Food is consistently well prepared and the menu always has options to eat light or have a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location and excellent foodOutandaboutDined on 6/27/2014The food at the Calistoga Inn is excellent. I've eaten here for lunch as well as dinner and every time it has been very good. It's in a beautiful location along the creek with a lot of outdoor (shaded) seating - I've never eaten inside. It's always a "go to" when I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014The setting was great but the food and service was subpar. The waiter was very nice but we were always waiting for him to come by or had to flag him down (I don't think there was enough staff to handle the crowd. Both are steak dinners were subpar, I sent mine back as it was under cooked, when it came back it was very very chewy so I sent back again which ruined the dinner experience.Special Features: