Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
1250 Lincoln Ave
Calistoga, CA 94515Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.calistogainn.com/
- Phone: 7079424101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Bar Menu: 3:00 - 5:30pm; Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Brunch every Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Rosie Dunsford
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We do offer limited catering services. Please inquire.
- Private Party Facilities: The Calistoga Inn can cater to groups of any size ranging up to 115 guests. We also offer both indoor and outdoor facilities. Visit our website at CalistogaInn.com for more information or call.
- Private Party Contact: Rosie Dunsford 7079424101
- Entertainment: During the summer months the Calistoga Inn offers live jazz nightly on the patio overlooking the Napa River. Year-round, the pub also hosts live dance bands on the weekends and Open Mic night on Wednesdays. Visit our website (www.calistogainn.com) for other special events!
- Special Events: See website for Special Event listings.
A word from Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery
The Calistoga Inn is located at the northern tip of the Napa Valley and has an eighteen room European-style hotel, full-service restaurant with two bars, vintage dining room with outdoor patio & beer garden. The Inn is a local favorite and offers live jazz nightly on the patio (seasonal only) & features dancing in the pub on weekends. The Calistoga Inn is also home to the Napa Valley Brewing Company, which was one of California's first micro-breweries. It's a one-stop-shop for good food, drinks, entertainment & fun. Reservations are recommended. Visit www.calistogainn.com for more info.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery - Best Restaurants in Calistoga ›
Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (71)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (31)special occasion (30)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (25)scenic view (23)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (10)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Dinner under the starsChuckjerriDined on 8/26/2014Weather was perfect for dining outside, we were seated in an area which was conducive for conversation, the restaurant had a gentleman singing various soft melodies which was nice. The wine list is over priced as usual which is surprising considering the multitude of wineries within a 5 mile radius. I simply do not understand the need to price gouge to that extent. The waiter seemed a bit iritated because we wanted to try a few wines prior to purchasing a bottle, other than that our service was fine. That being said I would not hesitate to return, for the food was good and the portions were above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WORST SERVICE EVER!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We don't even know what the food tastes like...we had a reservation and we were asked to wait....we were not even given the option of indoor or outdoor seating even though there were plenty of seats inside. We asked to be seated inside and we sat there for over 20 minutes and no one even approached the table. I finally got fed up with waiting and went to the hostess to let her know that we were tired of waiting and that we would be leaving. She didn't even apologize for the horrible service, she just said, "well, everyone is busy". Apparently, they've never heard of customer service!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We came with a group and ordered a few different salads and three different pizzas to share. Every dish was delicious and everyone agreed! We just kept complimenting the food, every dish was so so tasty! Great ambience, too, since we sat outside and enjoyed the live music. Perfect summer night out! A solid Calistoga find! We'll be going back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outside dining!WinecruiserDined on 8/22/2014We dined outside, and loved the ambience! Weather was perfect, food was very good, on the verge of excellent, and service was excellent! When in the area again, we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star Food!SusanVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I ate dinner at the Inn on Friday, August 15th. The meal was amazing. We were both disappointed when we became too full to finish our meals - it was that good. The setting outdoors is perfect for enjoying the mild Napa Valley weather. They also had an acoustic guitar player that was really good. Added a nice touch to the whole experience. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceBillDined on 8/10/2014We booked a table for six persons through Open Table. For some reason the host would not seat us at one of two open tables which could accommodate six persons. Rather we had to wait 15 minutes while they tried to reconfigure a table meant for four person to squeeze in two more. When the host brought us to the small table, we ask to be seated at the one of the six-person tables and she did so. The food was good, but not great. If we were not constantly waving the flies away we probably would have enjoyed the food more. The service needs help. It took us more time to get our check and pay for it than to order our food and get appetizers. We were eager to get back home and waiting 20 minutes to pay the bill was not fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find in CalistogaRandyGDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant was recommended by the B&B my wife and I stayed at in Calistoga. It was a good recommendation: we were very pleased. We sat outside next to the greenery, which was very pleasant. The cold tomato soup was excellent. The short ribs were also very good. They offer a variety of regional wines, which were fairly priced. We had such a good time we shared a dessert and some port wine after our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014Great beer selection and cocktail menu. I really liked the outdoor seating and area. The portions are pretty generous and the fries that came with the sandwich was delicious and so was my Italian sandwich. The staff was very nice and attentive.Special Features:
- Beer me!New2NapaDined on 7/27/2014AWESOME local brews! My boyfriend and I went on a chill Sunday and both really enjoyed ourselves. We started in the dining room and then had another beer after brunch on the patio chairs in the back. Nice, easy going crew! A Calistoga/local must.Special Features:
- love2dineDined on 7/25/2014Great outside dining and not crowded. Unfortunately it was too hot to eat outside. Fortunately there was room inside. Great burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Idyllic settingdes315Dined on 7/24/2014Our meal was delicious, the menu local and varied, the vibe elegantly casual and sophisticated, current without being hip. We started with oysters, and the Napa Valley salad - and let's just say the macadamia crusted goat cheese is a reason to return. I had the halibut special which was superb. The tiki torches, fountains and strings of lights imbue the space with a dreamy summer evening atmosphere.Special Features:
- Nice lunchfoodlogicVIPDined on 7/23/2014The service was a bit disappointing but the food was good and the outdoor scene was great for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, bad service, fair foodSonomaCountyDinerDined on 7/19/2014Lovely patio with plenty of shade; sit near the creek if you can. Be prepared to wait for service; it took 30 minutes & a complaint for someone to take our order....and then a long time to get our meals, one of which had to be sent back. Flavor of food was just OK. I'd cautiously give this spot another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We really enjoyed ourselves and thought the food was excellent and nice, friendly service.Special Features:
- Loved it!DrJESDined on 7/9/2014Fantastic food, great ambiance, top rating! We really enjoyed a long leisurely dinner, with music, on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Disappointed!CruzinFoodiesDined on 7/5/2014Came here with wife for outdoor dinner since it was recommended by other reviewers. Only 2 pros: The superb live jazz music & the attentive hostess. Wife had Napa Valley Salad, was bitter, didn't finish. Ordered Special of pork chop/chicken apple sausage, steamed vegs, sauerkraut. and wife's Steak Frites was flavorless hangar steak & boring shoestring fries with garlic powder topping. Steamed vegs were so undercooked to be uncutable. "Sauerkraut" wasn't truely, merely boiled cabbage, bitter & soggy. Server took 15 min just for water order, another 10+ for drinks then again for dinner. Seated next to water fountain, so loud we couldn't talk. FLIES FLIES FLIES everywhere us! So unenjoyable that we didn't finish dinner & just left!
- Shady, cool, delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014After a long hot day at St. Helena wine tasting, this is the place to go! I brought my husband here with my parents. It was as good as the last time I ate here! My husband was quite impressed. Cool, shady garden, perfect for a restful, relaxing dinner!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor dining spotmissyhillsDined on 6/30/2014Have been coming here for decades and love the large, shady, creekside outdoor patio dining area. Food is consistently well prepared and the menu always has options to eat light or have a full meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely location and excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/27/2014The food at the Calistoga Inn is excellent. I've eaten here for lunch as well as dinner and every time it has been very good. It's in a beautiful location along the creek with a lot of outdoor (shaded) seating - I've never eaten inside. It's always a "go to" when I'm in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014The setting was great but the food and service was subpar. The waiter was very nice but we were always waiting for him to come by or had to flag him down (I don't think there was enough staff to handle the crowd. Both are steak dinners were subpar, I sent mine back as it was under cooked, when it came back it was very very chewy so I sent back again which ruined the dinner experience.Special Features:
- So relaxing ......FitforaFoodieVIPDined on 6/22/2014Spa day in Calistoga. Started off with brunch at the Calistoga Inn, a perfect way to put us in the mood for our spa treatments. Nice light lunch outside on the patio. Everything we had was yummy and our waiter was top notch.Special Features:
- Great patioJamieDined on 6/20/2014After a day of wine-tasting, we were ready to relax. We wanted something casual, but not too casual. This spot was perfect. The bustling patio and live guitar set the tone for a great end of the day. And the house-made beer was a welcome change to wine. Food was great too. Not fancy, but above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner With out of town guestKateDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I live in Santa Rosa. I'm not familiar with the restaurants in Calistoga. i picked Calistoga Inn Restaurant and Brewery because the prices were not to high. It was a great choice. We sat outside with out family from the east coast who were exhausted from their long journey. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good as was the beer. We even listened to a guitarist as we ate. Everyone loved it and we would go there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old gem- needs improvementlocalDined on 6/17/2014we have been regular customers in the summer because of the ambience and wonderful outdoor dining. We love the variety of the menu- but the quality of the food- for Napa Valley- continues to be very disappointing and inconsistent.Special Features:
- Calistoga Inn Fathers Day DinnerhappycustomerDined on 6/15/2014Calistoga Inn was perfect for our Fathers Day family meal. The outside seating is lovely. The service is thoughtful. The food is delicious with an excellent wine choice. I recommend Calistoga Inn!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014We ate outside and even tho it was crowded, the service was great and the food was excellent. The music was absolutely wonderful. An acoustic guitar soloist. Very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BellesmomDined on 6/10/2014My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary by having dinner here. We were visiting from Southern, CA and had no idea about this restaurant. We made the right choice! Great ambience outdoors, great wait staff and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!!!bajababe17Dined on 6/9/2014We stayed at the INN (in the Cottage); the food was so fantastic we ate both lunch & dinner in the restaurant, lunch inside, dinner outside on the patio by the creek. Short ribs & paella were divine - perfection. Unfortunately, we loved our main dishes so much (hearty portions) we had no room for their famous desserts. The atmosphere was romantic, quiet with soft live music playing in the back ground. Service was attentive with a smile. Prices fit with the quality of the product. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!SiliconValleyScubaCoupleDined on 6/8/2014We came here to have dinner for our 6th anniversary near the beginning of June. We sat outside with a view of the Napa River. It was quite nice. The mosquitos were a little pesky but the restaurant lit citronella candles to take care of them. A full bar was available with the menu but I had to settle for amaretto on the rocks instead of the frozen grasshopper I had requested. Otherwise, we enjoyed lamb and fungi (mushrooms) and unfortunately did not have room for dessert. Hubby enjoyed a beer on tap because there is a bona fide brewery right there with a surprisingly great selection. We skipped the wine because we did wine tasting all day and had some choice bottles back at our resort. All-in-all, we would surely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calistoga InnNapaValleyWinoDined on 6/8/2014Our second trip for dinner. We dined inside, that evening. Everyone really enjoyed dinner. Good service, great food, ood wines, nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Love this placeWSP1VIPDined on 6/8/2014Consistently good food in a beautiful setting. The house brewed beer is also wonderful. We always go there when in Calistoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious outdoor brunch/lunchCallalillyVIPDined on 6/8/2014We have had lunch or brunch several times on the outdoor patio during the summer and it is just lovely. Everything that we ordered was carefully prepared and delicious, including the gazpacho, salads, pizzas, grilled chicken sandwich, and most especially the garlic fries. I don't even like garlic fries, and I thought they were exceptional and not a bit greasy. Service was excellent once and good twice. The setting is perfect for outdoor dining--even my husband who does not like to eat out of doors enjoys eating here. Craft beer is delicious. The only suggestion I have is that they need to provide more and better chair cushions--the metal chairs are too hard for some people!Special Features:
- Patio is great5whltrvlrDined on 6/7/2014Good food, good beer, but sit on the patio next to the creek to get the true experience of the great little restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect... need I say more?MamaBear904Dined on 5/28/2014We visited the Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery because my husband loves craft beers. The experience we had was simply wonderful. They are located perfectly int he heart of Calistoga and have an indoor dining facility as well as a garden area for outdoor dining. We were there on a Wednesday night and they had a live guitarist playing softly in the background which was a wonderful accompaniment to our dining experience. The food was great quality and portion and was presented timely (I recommend the Steak Frites) and our server was pleasant and courteous. After our dinner, we decided to continue our dining experience and went inside to their bar area and enjoyed speaking with the bartender and enjoying the local atmosphere.Special Features:
- It has potentiallocaldinerDined on 5/27/2014The food was good, not memorable. The setting is outdoors but the flies descended on us as soon as the food arrived and ruined the experience.Special Features:
- Christen is the BEST!!DarleneDined on 5/26/2014Had dinner at the Calistoga Inn....Christen is the best bartender anywhere!!! Very personable and attentive. He even came out to our table on the patio to see if everything was good!!!! Great guy!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calistoga Inn and BreweryStellaDined on 5/16/2014We celebrated my husband retirement here. We stayed in the cottage behind the brewery. It was so lovely and within walking distance to everything. The patio is great for dining and the food was excellent. Very nice bar to relax in after dinner. Highly recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantRussellDined on 5/16/2014Flank steak was very tasty, and cooked to my order. As was my wife's pizza. The beer flight was very good as well. Sitting outside enjoying the evening...we'll definately visit again when in Calistoga.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor DiningRickyVIPDined on 5/15/2014My wife and I had a outstanding Dinner on a Friday night. The outdoor seating was very special. While you are dining you hear the creek water flowing and very light music coming from the hotel. The food and service was great. We will be coming back very soon. If you want a perfect dinner outside this is the place to go I Calistoga.Special Features:
- Quintessentially CalistogaWineLoverWIDined on 5/9/2014Calistoga Inn provides a respite after a day of sometimes-pretentious wine tastings while still providing quality and scrumptious food. Much like the city itself provides a down-to-earth getaway from the rest of the valley. Calistoga Inn is a sure bet, great food, great quality, we'll be back as soon as we can.Special Features:
- The following 443 reviews are from the Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery reviews archive.