2922 Park Ave
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://calienterichmond.com/
- Phone: 8043402920
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:30am -2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - ??
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Caliente
t isn’t often that you have the chance to visit a restaurant that serves Cajun, Caribbean, South Carolina low country, Southwestern and Thai all on one menu. You’re even less apt to see all of these items presented with an ample dose of spice. Throw in a great selection of microbrews, some Hank Williams Jr. and a Texas roadhouse-style ambience, and you’ve got Caliente."...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caliente reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mediocre overall.LaliVIPDined on 3/2/2013Very difficult to find a spot to park the car. Food was just OK. The restaurant is a tiny dark place. It looks like while warm or hot weather they have space to seat some people outside but during cold weather you only have small tight booths inside with some barstools at the Bar's countertop. Not a place for someone with restricted mobility. The interior design needs a lot of work and or remodeling.
- Food and service was belowOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2012Food and service was below expectations. Thought there were good choices on the menu but then the execution was poor.
- A decent pub-like atmosphereAMYCVIPDined on 8/25/2012A decent pub-like atmosphere with a nice bar and some outdoor seating. Food was quite good and interesting. The pulled pork and beans were extremely spicy though, and I like spicy---but this was almost difficult to eat.Special Features:
- No one knew how to look upOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/31/2012No one knew how to look up my reservation and surprised I had a reservation. Apparently I was the first customer for them to make his reservation according to the server.
- Excellent food! - only disappointedPamelaMDined on 4/13/2012Excellent food! - only disappointed that dinner took FOREVER to get to our table. The waitress apologized for the long wait, but no apology would have helped if the food wasn't wonderful. Our friends are nearby and said this wasn't usual for them. Good thing I was already filling up on a delicious appetizer and enjoying talking to friends.Special Features: