2650 Moose Wilson Rd.
Wilson, WY 83014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://calicorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3077332460
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jeff Rettig
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Calico Restaurant
Join us at the Calico Restaurant, Jackson Hole's favorite neighborhood eating establishment. Since 1966 the family friendly Calico has been serving great, value oriented dinners to locals and visitors alike. Italian specialties including hand thrown pizza, plus locally raised, grass fed beef, free-range, organic chicken, fresh fish, hearty salads, and fresh made breads and desserts. Enjoy the outside deck while the kids play on the one and one half acre lawn. Full bar. www.calicorestaurant.comContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Calico Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- On vacation in Jackson HoleMgedluvDined on 9/20/2013On vacation in Jackson Hole and drove by Calico everyday to and from our home away from home. Booked a reservation the night before we came home and it was a terrific experience. Great menu, perfect sized portions, terrific atmosphere and great wait staff. Wonderful experience and will definitely come back when we return to Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Popular with the localsJimCarrCODined on 9/7/2013The dinners my wife and I had were delicious. I had the flat iron steak with truffle butter and it was perfectly cooked to my order, and the brocollini that came with it was the best I've ever had. The service we got from Becky was great. Be sure to get a reservation because the place was very busy and almost all the cars in the lot had Wyoming plates from Teton county.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor venue!TruedinerDined on 8/31/2013My son and I were visiting from out-of-town. We enjoyed the dining on the front patio. The homemade bread was addictive!! We both enjoyed our meals very much! Nice place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good italian food for a fair priceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2013The restaurant looks good. You can sit outside on the terrace or inside. Both have nice sitting places. The food was good especially the salad (arugula). It has a lot of main dishes to a very fair price. Tastes not bad but the spaghetti, linguine has a bit water in the plate (not enough drained) so the sauce has not the taste how it could be. They have an excellent wine list to fair prieces, especially the Spains one. Overall good food to a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to take the kidsBeadieDined on 8/16/2013You can't beat the fact that they have a huge lawn where the kids can run around while you eat in peace....The food was fantastic and the portions are normal. The bruschetta was to die for and so was the scampi. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem of a locationgogreenDined on 8/15/2013The wait staff was friendly and quick but not overly eager. Just the right mix. Pizza was great and service was efficient. And the outside patio was a perfect touch to end the evening. Look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Family SpotGordoDined on 8/10/2013I would highly recommend Callico for families with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family restaurantBillinlajollaVIPDined on 8/4/2013Great variety of salads, many pizza and pasta options. Big unique feature is the open field between Calico and the Q for kids to run and play games, soccer and other balls provided!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.GolferDined on 7/30/2013We loved the atmosphere on the porch. The kids had a great time on the lawn while waiting for dinner. The food and service were great. The prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Overall enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2013Service was pleasant, however the kitchen did not get my order right and I was unable to eat it. The rest of my friends were finished with their meal by the time my corrected order arrived. My husband asked them to remove the charge from our bill, which they promptly did. Decent food and a friendly atmosphere make this worth coming back to. Note: not a vegan-friendly restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calico September 2013DaveDined on 7/27/2013Calico never disappoints. Nice Italian menu, great service, good beer and wine selection, and tasty food. Generally it is fairly quiet inside, but when crowded it is energetic. Every meal we have had tastes great and you always get fine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2013Our service, food an dining experience were exceptional and if we are back in Jackson we will make it a point to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendly serviceMobeachDined on 7/15/2013Perfect spot for families, beautiful gardens and plenty of outdoor running space for kids! Food is good and salads are phenominal. Would high y recommend!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday AmericaBobWDined on 7/4/2013My wife and I had reservations for 7:15 on the 4th of July. We decided at around 5:30 to see if we could get in early. We were seated and taken care of immediately. That was nice as we were very tired from traveling and been up since 4:30 that morning. We were not extremely hungry so we ordered 3 appetizers for our meal, it was perfect. We had the scallops, bruschetta and another one that I can't recall the name. They were excellent, the perfect amount and we were very satisfied with the experience.Special Features:
- great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2013No one wanted to sit inside on the nite we were there. The weather was beautiful with a light breeze and the deck was full of diners. The food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Maybe the pizza's ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2013I'm a Jackson local and a semi-regular here - at least 2x month and I usually stick to the salads. This time I ordered the Wild Salmon entree - $29. About 5 oz of fish, which was pretty tasty. But the "Baby kale & arugula salad" and the "Fennel Salad" which came with it consisted of (no joke) less than 1/2 cup of wilted, oily greens - a garnish at best, not 2 salads! And that was it - nothing else on the plate - no potato, no rice, no pasta. Now I know Alaskan salmon is expensive - but greens and starch are not! Also, I ordered a "margarita straight up - not on the rocks" - and it came on over ice - twice. I won't be going back for a while, if ever.
- We were visiting Jackson HoleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/13/2013We were visiting Jackson Hole on a winter vacation and felt like this was a "locals" gem set apart from the neon in town. We went twice in one week!Special Features:
- Solid as usual with good pizzaComfortableDined on 2/8/2013Solid as usual with good pizza and other entrees. Visited on a Friday night during ski season, and the crowd was sparse. The server was quirky, but attentive. Consistently good restaurant.Special Features:
- I had been there 1 yr earlierOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/4/2013I had been there 1 yr earlier but found the food very uninspiring as did the other 3 in our party.
- sorry but I was a bit underwhelmedJuanitoDined on 12/31/2012sorry but I was a bit underwhelmed by the food,, had better meals there in the past. It was New years amd the place was busy, good for them!, but as stated.Special Features:
- Food portions were small butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Food portions were small but tasty. Waiter seemed to be in a hurry. Not engaged or friendly.Special Features:
- This was our first time inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2012This was our first time in this restaurant, and we had a very positive experience. The place is informal, yet very warm and welcoming...feels very Italian. The appetizers were fabulous, and the man dishes were simple, but very good. Overall a good experience for casual Italian diningSpecial Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)CurrieDined on 12/22/2012Calico has been one of my favorite spots since living in Jackson years ago. However, with this visit, we found the food to be "fair" at best. My eggplant was very underdone and my husband's steelhead trout was a tiny portion of the tail end of the fish that was fairly flavorless. I had been looking forward to this for months, as I had the best memories from this restaurant, but compared to all the other INCREDIBLE options in Jackson, this will probably not be on our list for a return visit when we are back in a few months.
- Great casual diningArtRDined on 9/17/2012This is casual dining at its best. Think of it as a pizza joint with a sports bar, alongside a large rustic dining room that has an interesting menu, a very decent wine and beer list, very good food, and friendly and attentive service. Oh yes: and reasonable prices. The parking lot is packed in the evenings, and it is not a ride-share lot! This place is popular, and deserves to be.Special Features:
- we like to come to the calicoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012we like to come to the calico when we are in Jackson, and it did not disappoint this time. My picky 14 year old daughter was even satisfied, which is a good feat. I felt we sat a little too long after finishing our main meal before dessert was offered or plates prebussed, but I own a restaurant and tend to be too picky.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2012Really enjoyed the experience at this restaurant. Food was excellent and staff was friendly. The atmosphere was relaxed and there were flowers decorating the outdoor patio. The natural chicken was amazing. There was a nice selection of desserts. I definitely would return to try more dishes.Special Features:
- What a fun restaurant!! AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012What a fun restaurant!! Amazing family atmosphere...kids are having a blast in the beautiful open play yard while the parents can watch and enjoy great food and wine. Even if you aren't traveling with kids....watching them play is delightful entertainment....almost like dinner and a show :) Menu is perfect to satisfy kids and adults!
- I found Calico during a webIdahoWineGuyDined on 8/5/2012I found Calico during a web search of activities and restaurants in the Jackson area. We have 2 small kids, and I read that this restaurant had a great lawn that the kids could play on while the adults watched from a covered deck. I found this to be absolutely true. The restaurant had a nice vibe--country casual and definitely italian. This was a very popular restaurant! It filled fast with families and couples. The service was prompt and very attentive. The food was good, with an italian flair rather than being authentic. The pizzas looked excellent, but we had the pasta. Kids menu, too, but limited. Overall very goodSpecial Features:
- Better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012Was a bit worried because the reviews are spotty, but if you want a good, fun and comfortable evening this is the place to go. The food was good quality, honest and good ingredients. I doubt it will wow you, but you'll feel very satisfied with the quality price and atmosphere. We left very pleased and filled up with good food.Special Features:
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/4/2012Great food and loved dining on the patio. They have a great field for kids to run around and play.Special Features:
- Delicious!TetonRoseVIPDined on 3/25/2012Had a delicious dinner at Calico! I am in love with their eggplant lasagne on a bed of spinach. My husband had the flatiron steak special. He dutifully cleaned his plate. Calico is one of our favorites. Never disappoints!Special Features:
- Calico is a local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/28/2012Calico is a local favorite and perfect for a big feed after a long day on the slopes. You can't go wrong if you stick with the basics in salads and pizza. The wine list offers some interesting choices for decent prices. The fancier dishes aren't worth the money.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2012We enjoyed our dinner. My lasagna may have been a bit overcooked for my liking, but the pizza that my kids had was great! Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food, the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/17/2012Enjoyed the food, the noise is a little on the high side, good for groups and families. The food is high end.Special Features:
- Not great for fishOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/27/2012The halibut was dry. At $28.00 per dish (we ordered 3) way to much money. Snake River Grill which is a far superior dining experience has the same pricing on halibut so I think for a pizza joint you are overpriced especially since it was not great halibut. I never send food back and don't complain but you sent this review so I responding.
- We love visiting the CalicopbmillerVIPDined on 1/21/2012We love visiting the Calico on every trip to Jackson Hole. Try the bar menu between 5 and 6 and get a great deal!Special Features:
- I'm a regular at Calico!TetonRoseVIPDined on 11/20/2011I'm a regular at Calico! Took my two favorite men there for their Nov. Birthday dinner! It was amazing as ALWAYS!!!Special Features:
- In my opinion, the only thingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2011In my opinion, the only thing good is the pizza. My husband ordered the Margarita and my daughter and her friend ordered the bbq chicken pizza. They all liked it. I ordered the chicken with pasta. I thought it was terrible. Lacked flavor and it was overall just gross. Calico's use to be good so I'm disappointed that they obviously have a new chef that isn't as talented.Special Features:
- Big Groups & Kids Eat Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2011Had a great time again at Calico! Made a reservation for 17 of us the day of, no problem. They took care of our party of 9 adults, 5 four year olds and 3 babies. When we arrived they had kid waters and kids coloring menu's ready. When the kids got hyper, we took turns playing Simon Says and Tag in the field. Everyone seemed really happy with their food, I had veggie lasagna and it was delicious, even though I'm usually a strict carnivore. I could live on Calico marinara alone.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2011The food and service were excellent. We sat outside, which was great, but didn't enjoy the family with screaming kids.Special Features: