Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle
15500 Six Penny Lane
Newcastle, WA 98059Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.okigolf.com/Courses/NewCastle/Pages/Calcuttagrill.aspx
- Phone: (425) 793-4646
- Hours of Operation:
Calcutta Grill: Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday 9:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Wooly Toad: Monday - Thursday; 3pm - 10pm, Friday - Saturday; 11am - 11pm, Sunday; 11am - 10pm; HAPPY HOUR EVERY DAY (excluding holidays) - Drink Specials: 3pm-7pm, Food Specials 3pm-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Jesse Olsen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Golf Club at Newcastle has meeting and event space for groups of 15 to 350. Weddings, corporate meetings and events, team building, rehearsal dinners. Whatever your event is let the professional Catering Sales Managers handle all the details. Call 425-793-2932 for details.
- Entertainment: Live bagpiper during sunset from May-September
- Special Events:
Happy Hour just got better with new food and drink features and expanded hours: Monday - Sunday 3PM - 7PM
A word from Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle
The Calcutta Grill, nestled 900 feet above the Sound, offers a selection of the Pacific Northwest's favorite foods, friendly and attentive service, and the Eastside's best Happy Hour. Enjoy dining on our two breathtaking patios with a menu offering a wide variety of delectable entrees, from a generous cut of prime rib to mouth watering pan-seared sea scallops. Or, if you prefer, cozy up next to the fireplace with your favorite cocktail in our English-style Pub. The Calcutta Grill is the perfect rendezvous for every occasion….or no occasion at all, with a view that is second to none.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle - Best Restaurants in Newcastle ›
Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (55)great for lunch (40)great for brunch (34)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (13)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Spectacular and cozy!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014The ambience inside can be cozy by the fire, comfortable in leather chairs in the bar, or spectacular by the windows that overlook the Seattle, Sound, and Lake! They even whipped a special desert for our birthday girl. Absolutely first-rate!Special Features:
- Newcastle Golf CourseRandiDined on 11/22/2014It was great! Staff was attentive to our needs and the brunch was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!!!!!NannaDined on 11/21/2014Our wait person was amazing. She was there when needed and did not interrupt us except when necessary. The food was ok but not great. One person had a Caesar salad that looked like it had been made at least one day earlier. However, the wait person took it back and returned with a much better one. Expensive for what was served. Saying that though, it is still a good place to go because of the view and the ability to converse without too much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always celebrate my birthday hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The birthday cake is a sweet treat. We love taking guests here in the summer to see the piper as he walks up over the hill at sunset with a fabulous view behind him . The atmosphere is casual and elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014The weather provided a spectacular setting for Saturday Brunch and a wonderful view! The food was excellent and reasonably priced for the setting. We celebrated a friends birthday and were treated to a dessert serving of chocolate cake! Calcutta Grill has the best classic Eggs Benedict and also Crab Cake Benedicts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dining experience was abyssmal!2badsosadDined on 10/16/2014An extremely loud group was celebrating their lives in the dining room. We could not hear ourselves talk across the table- they should have been sent upstairs, or outside. We will most likely not return, unless we bring 20+ rowdy friends interested in disrupting the great food being enjoyed by the patrons. Kudos to the kitchen- shame on management!Special Features:
- Cindie is the best!!RyanDined on 10/11/2014We appreciated our great server and special accommodations for our food requests! Will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner Spot1BatFastardDined on 10/10/2014Was hoping to see the sun set over the horizon, but you can't control everything... Nice view of Bellevue and Seattle though. Was able to get a nice table with minimal notice and have a great view. Food was very good and artisan prepared. My daughters Caesar Salad was really a work of art. Nice job! Lots of seafood on the menu, that was pretty well sorted out. Lots of beef and vegetables as well. Very well prepared all of it. Thanks for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Great Fall ViewpjkdDined on 10/9/2014Good food, excellent service, wonderful ambience ,,,,GREAT FALL VIEW.Special Features:
- MichelleDined on 10/5/2014We come here for the view. Food is okay. Service is very slow, and often servers do not pay attention to your needs or request. I asked for an extra bread plate and the server ended up giving it to the table behind me. But sometimes you get lucky if you get a good server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- arnbVIPDined on 9/28/2014One has the feeling of elegance on entering this restaurant, but there is less than elegance in its service and the quality of its food. As pointed out repeatedly, the view is at least elegant, but as much less frequently emphasized, the dining experience is not. Acceptable dining to be sure but not where it should be.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014I enjoyed an outstanding seafood cobb salad. Actually this was the second time I ordered it.Special Features:
- Great views of Bellevue and SeattleSammamish4Dined on 9/16/2014This is a great spot to take out of town visitors. Food is good. The only negative is the very limited menu. Check it online before going to make sure there's something everyone likes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view on a clear daybow2waDined on 9/14/2014The staff were very polite and helpful. The food was very good and the view is magnificent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great evening w/good foodwellfedDined on 9/12/2014Three of us celebrated a special birthday. A good selection of dishes on the menu. The salmon, rock fish and prime rib dishes were excellent. I liked that all came with the starch and veggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beat the ViewJunegDined on 9/10/2014We sat outside because of the fantastic view. It was a bit chilly so the staff put up the propane heaters. The food was prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting!PJSPTDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful panoramic view of the lake, downtown Seattle and Bellevue! Excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to perfection :)beanDined on 9/5/2014We have been here several times. Everything was perfect! Weather, the view, the company, the wait staff. We were surprised that it took so long to get our drinks. We even got the bill before our drinks arrived. It will not stop us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch spot, hands down!FoodieGirlDined on 9/3/2014The food was fabulous, our server was very attentive, our bloody Mary's were the best except they stopped including the prawn on top.😢 I wish TPC Snoqualmie with their new remodel had attempted to be more like The Calcutta Grill! It is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemMushakinsDined on 8/31/2014I always love this place because the views are breathtaking and the atmosphere superiorly upscale. The food is very good and the staff very professional. Calcutta is a nice get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Definitely one of my favorite places to unwind and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SureshDined on 8/31/2014the brunch was superb. the bloody mary the very best. the service excellent.Special Features:
- les31Dined on 8/31/2014Great for views of the area and Seattle. The food is good to excellent and service is prompt with the waiter checking our table frequently if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagooDined on 8/27/2014We brought our friends from Switzerland for lunch, knowing the view would be incredible and that they could drive there with minimum difficulty. They especially enjoyed the fish and chips lunch while we had a salad. Service was very attentive, especially the coffee refills. Overall, we will return when a similar occasion arises, though the location is a bit far for us for frequent visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service/Silly Happy Hour RulesMichelleVBDined on 8/26/2014Not at all impressed with the service. I saw our server maybe 4 times, and she didn't follow through on all my requests. I didn't get my salad until half way through my meal. Took 10 minutes to get my glass of wine. And when I did get my wine, it was a very small pour. I call this out because as I looked around at other tables and even other in my party, other guests seemed to have fuller glasses. Also, I think it is silly to not offer happy hour deals to those who sit in the dining room... only if you sit in the bar you get the deals. I didn't see this called out on the Happy Hour menu. Maybe I over-looked it. Either way, I don't see the reasoning behind such a rule.Special Features:
- Sharon PhillipsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014We had a beautiful meal in the outdoor dining area overlooking the golf course, Lake Washington and the Seattle skyline. The patio area has beautiful flowers planted around it and there are sounds of running water from a man made water feature. Great setting! The meal was fabulous! Most of the people in our party had the halibut topped with Dungeness crab. It was amazing. The fish was so fresh and beautifully prepared. One of the best meals I have had dining out.Special Features:
- So disappointing...TinaVIPDined on 8/20/2014Was kept waiting 15 minutes past our reservation when the restaurant was nearly empty. Reservation stated "outside table please" yet we were not offered nor seated outside. "Queen Mary's" a huge disappointment - a shadow of their former selves. Fish in fish tacos overcooked. All in all a disappointing, overpriced experience for us and our out of town guests, who had previously enjoyed dining here.
- Where is the waiter?20percenttipperDined on 8/17/2014Service was very slow, 30 minutes to have someone take our order, 40 minutes to get our food and another 20 minutes to get our check, then 10 more to the credit card back. Never refilled the water, never refilled the ice tea, never refilled the coffee. If you have time to kill, this is the place for you. Food was good, but cold when it reached the table. (Cold omelet--yum-yum)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014I chose this restaurant for the celebration of my friend's 88th birthday, made reservations and asked for a window table. We had to wait for a table, it was in a noisy side area next to 3 tables of 8, we waited AN HOUR for our meal. The food was good but the service disappointing.Special Features:
- Salmon HeavenPradoFanVIPDined on 8/13/2014I love salmon and am happiest when I can get it for multiple meals in a day. The salmon chowder was truly special and I could have gorged myself on that and been satisfied. Thank goodness I only got the cup so I had room for the salmon entree' which was superb. The potato rolls were amazing and we were grateful that we could take a few home. Next time we're near Seattle, we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014The smoked salmon chowder was fantastic, best I've ever had, and my dining companion thought so, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2014Always classy surroundings Always great view Always good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaybluejeans2Dined on 8/10/2014With a view like that, you really want the food to blow you away. It doesn't. Price-to-value just isn't there. In the future, we'll stick with drinks and appetizers in the Woolly Toad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view but always seated lateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014This place has the best view in town, and the food is always very good. But we always make a reservation, and they still make us wait at least fifteen minutes for a table. This has happened every time we have gone here! There are always tables available, so I don't know why there is this consistent hold up.Special Features:
- Average at bestSeattleDinerDined on 8/3/2014Food was just okay, but our wait since ordering was extremely long. Almost an hour actually. The staff while they were really nice took forever even to get the drinks going. I understand that it gets busy maybe this was borderline ridiculous. not something I would have expected for the $$$ I paid. View is amazing, place is really nice that is pretty much the only thing going for them.Special Features:
- Decent food - Spectacular ViewPamJVIPDined on 8/2/2014Came on sea fair weekend during the air show time; so accordingly the restaurant was packed. We had requested an outdoor table, none was available; understandable; we were seated at an indoor booth, outside views were wonderful, if somewhat obstructed. Food was tasty but not particularly memorable. Cinnamon roll was very sugary, and one would expect this, however it would benefit from the syrup being served on the side rather than over the roll. Calcutta burger very tasty. Fries advertised as "crispy" were not, although were not soggy. could have stood another round through the fryer to get a decent crips on them. Seafood Cobb salad was also very tasty and generous portion. Food was decent, just a few mis-steps in execution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is fantasticPatioFanDined on 7/31/2014Went to lunch with a friend. The food was great. I had a steak and salad. We got to watch the Blue Angels practice, and did not feel the least bit rushed. What a treat!Special Features:
- The following 534 reviews are from the Calcutta Grill - Golf Club at Newcastle reviews archive.
- Fantastic View. Lackluster Foodkk00Dined on 7/27/2014Been here many times over the years and this time around we had the worst food. We are both vegetarians and the chef did nothing to accommodate our dietary needs. We had to pick the 1 (hot) item off the menu or cobble together some sides, which weren't great. I ordered risotto, which was probably one of the worst risottos i have I had. If it wasn't for the spectacular view, I'm not sure we would ever come back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceProfoodieDined on 7/22/2014I highly recommend Calcutta Grill for anyone who likes exceptional food, service, and facilities. The view is amazing!! Even on an overcast day it was breathtaking. Although, I must say that I spent equal time looking at my date, the food, and the skyline.. Maximum stars for Calcutta Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Great ViewTdowDined on 7/20/2014Quite the amazing view of Seattle - the food was really great.Special Features:
- Great spotoutforthenightDined on 7/18/2014lovely view - fun to watch the golfers if you are outside. Perfect outdoor dining if the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.