Cala di Mare Italian Grill
173 Sunrise Highway
New York, NY 11570Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Cala di Mare Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://caladimareny.com/
- Phone: 5165009600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00am;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Roberto Bosotina
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Cala di Mare offers several private dining rooms ranging from 50-300 guests for corporate breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. We are also a perfect destination for meetings, parties, weddings, and any other special occasions. In addition, we offer a Party Planner and Florist to assist you in planning your special event. Rooms & Capacity Scalinada Room - up to 300 guests Ballroom - up to 150 guests Oak room - up to 50 guests Capri room - up to 40 guests Restaurant - up to 120 guests
- Private Party Contact: Roberto 5165009600
A word from Cala di Mare Italian Grill
Cala di Mare Italian Grill offers a fine dining experience in a casual yet classy environment, with a selection of specialty pasta dishes, market fresh fish and meats, and scrumptious desserts. Cala di Mare also offers traditional Italian exclusives both imported from family business and made in-house, such as hand-pressed olive oil, grappa, and limoncello.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cala di Mare Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (11)special occasion (8)romantic (7)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- FoodieDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant unfortunately is attached to a Best Western which probably turns a lot if people off. It shouldn't be an issue. Very pretty inside and food was excellent. The owner plans great things for the Fall, Sunday brunch and outdoor dining to name just 2. Please try it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful ChangeRVCfoodgalDined on 8/1/2014It was wonderful to discover a quiet spot with delicious well-prepared dishes and personal service. I would definitely return to escape the crowds and noise level of most other restaurants on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not happyhungrygirlDined on 7/6/2014So disappointed. Had a 6:30 res for 7/6/14. Got to the restaurant and they weren't even open. I went out of my way with a party of 5 and had to search for a place to eat. I should have got a notification that I would not be able to done there that evening
- Excellent cuisinetmjmomVIPDined on 6/24/2014The surprise was that it was in a Best Western. Food on a par with very upscale restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!LuvgoodfoodDined on 6/20/2014I was coming from the west coast and booked this for a rehearsal dinner. I booked it based on other reviews. The food, service, and atmosphere was perfect! The owner provided superior service and was very accommodating. He helped make a special occasion perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant. It will be on my list on my next east coast visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 7 reviews are from the Cala di Mare Italian Grill reviews archive.
- Fantastic Dining Discovery in RVCksinrvcDined on 3/14/2014The regular menu is deliciously outstanding and the specials offer a unique and flavorful dining experience. Try the straciatella soup. The service is the best in RVC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect. DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2013Everything was perfect. Dishes prepared and present very well. Veal Romano was outstanding, we are definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hotel restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2013This restaurant is strictly for the hotel guests who either don't know of the fine restaruants in the surrounding neighborhood or just want to grab a quick bite before turning in. A very limited menu.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2013Wonderful food and very special service. Loved the entire experience completely Ribeye steak was ExcellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2013We really enjoyed eating here. The food was excellent and service was great.The staff was very friendly and aimed to please. We had such a good time that we booked a family party there for November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food This was our secondOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2013Great food This was our second time in Cala di Mare, food it's delicious we definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place was empty at 8 pmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2013The place was empty at 8 pm on Sat night. Literally. We were the only couple in the place. Food was well presented, but mediocre