1800 East 7th street
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cajunqueen.com/
- Phone: 704-377-9017 x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: William Wssling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Dixieland Band Every night.
A word from Cajun Queen
Enjoy the friendly, laid-back atmosphere of 'Nawlins without having to leave your back yard. Experiencing the sensation of true New Orleans cuisine has never been easier. We have a number of entree and drink specialties, including Dixie Beer - the beer thatContinued
made New Orleans famous!
made New Orleans famous!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cajun Queen - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Cajun Queen reviews from OpenTable diners
492 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (299)special occasion (243)fit for foodies (222)romantic (155)good for groups (138)great for brunch (84)hot spot (72)great for outdoor dining (63)great for lunch (56)kid-friendly (43)late-night find (39)vibrant bar scene (30)notable wine list (30)scenic view (16)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my husband here for his Birthday! Everything was amazing. We really like the ambiance, the food was fantastic, and the service was great. Our server was very helpful and patience. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyDinerDined on 9/27/2014We took friends to the Cajun Queen on Saturday night. We made a reservation via Open Table, and we got a table right by the entrance where all the waiters walk by. I have gotten crawfish etoufee in the past, and it has always been very good. I decided to get Shrimp and grits this time, and it was not very good. My sausage and shrimp were over cooked. Since it was a Saturday night in September, I thought they would have live music. There was no music. All in all, it was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I have been to Cajun Queen twice and would go again and again. I love the food and the service. Such a great place and it's so close to uptown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I love the online reservation, made it simple and hassle free. Although we got there early, they suggested a cocktail at the bar upstairs while we waited. Which was a great idea, there was live music upstairs! The wait was not long, and the service was great. I loved our waitress, she was very friendly and full of energy. I had the Diane. So so so good and had plenty for leftovers.Special Features:
- Great as always!LindycDined on 9/26/2014Great meal great service... Just great!!!! Love the jazz band!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2014We had been wanting to try Cajun Queen for a while. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant! The fact that we chose to go to dinner when it was jazz night was an added plus. It was a great night! I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful the food was! I ordered the Diane with shrimp. It was amazing. I am already looking forward to the next time we eat here!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I am very hard to please but my food was amazing. I ordered the porkchops, the waiter was amazing and accommodating and also gave me the plantains and mashed potatoes... All amazing. My only 2 issues, 1 was that the bread rolls did not taste fresh and 2 it was freezing cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceFunnyDined on 9/24/2014Eat here frequently. Never disappointed. Food is always amazing! Wine is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gimletDined on 9/21/2014Great food and service! All in party (seven) agree on those points. I had Crawfish Diane. I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Love Cajun QueencrampDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I love Cajun Queen. It's one of our favorite go to spots in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okpurplepalaceDined on 9/21/2014Normally this is one of my favorite spots. Especially being that they offer groupon's, but today the food was not as good as it normally is. I probably won't be back. Our waiter Michael was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was deliciousIzzieDined on 9/20/2014I had the Diana and it was awesome but my husband try the shrimp and grits but he didn't quite like it needed a little more seasoning but other than that it was a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceExpressYourselfDined on 9/20/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we had a great experience. The food, atmosphere and service were what we expected. We'll definitely come back again. If you like Cajun Pasta, this is the spot!Special Features:
- Great FoodSassySueDined on 9/20/2014Could have better chairs and tables. When I made the reservation I thought it would be a little formal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!LoveyDined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the city. The food is excellent and the portions are generous. The wait staff is very attentive. We always bring out if town guests to dine at Cajun Queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!!SophieDined on 9/20/2014The food was great. Our server took great care of us, but was very distant in conversing with us. Come to think of it, whenever we do go there to eat, there usually isn't much warmth generated by any of the wait staff, no smiles, etc. Enjoyed the music.Special Features:
- Thumbs up! Definitely returningOM94Dined on 9/20/2014I went here for my birthday with a group of 6 people. I have passed this restaurant 1000x and always wanted to check it out. After reviewing the menu online, the decision was made. The food was delicious-- very well seasoned, with a nod to Cajun spice cuisine! The desserts were memorable for all of the right reasons. Everyone in the party enjoyed them, as well as the adult beverages. Its a casual ambience with a mixed crowd of adults. I'm not sure I would consider this a kid friendly place (but I did not have children in my party so that thought is based purely on my observation, not my experience). It was very busy at the 6 PM hour, which made it a little noisy. We made an online reservation for dinner and it was honored without issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun Queen First Time VisiteatToPerformDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation for 8:15 to find happily, it was honored with no wait. There was also complimentary valley parking! Very nice surprise. The 100 year old home remodeled into a restaurant was full of character, although extremely loud inside. The food was different from the usual Charlotte scene, which made for a nice change, although I would say it was over seasoned. I think this place is a once in a while stop with friends for live jazz, drinks, and an appetizer before going uptown! Possibly a first time date if your not clever enough to keep a conversation rolling. Over all I give it 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentEnjoyFoodDined on 9/19/2014Great service, delicious food, diners enjoying their evening.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousHumphreyDined on 9/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants! We love the BBQ Shrimp! MUST HAVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of homeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Always satisfied wtih meals, the world needs more restaruants just like this one!Special Features:
- Did not want to valetCynthVIPDined on 9/15/2014While I appreciate the valet service in the case of inclement weather, or if I was elderly or handicapped and needed assistance, it can be frustrating if you want to park your own car and the valet people have reserved all of the close places for their use! This week when I went to the restaurant on a Monday night, so not a high volume evening, it appeared that the valet people had reserved (with cones) all of the close spaces therefore one has to park far away if you don't choose to use the valet service. Frustrating. I often order the fried oysters and they were not as good as usual. Tiny! Crawfish Diane was very good. The bread (a tasteless roll) could be improved.Special Features:
- Good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Good service with helpful waiter. Food and drink were excellent. Valet parking very convenient. Monday night was a great time to go since tables are close and noise can be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food can't be beat!!flavorforthefloydsDined on 9/15/2014Great Food!! Our server Alex was on point. Wish I would have ordered another entree to warm up the next day. I'll be visiting again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatExperienceDined on 9/14/2014Second visit and will be returning soon. Food was very good and tasty. Everyone was courteous from valet parking, hostess to waitress and her assistants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunchSbw1Dined on 9/14/2014We go to Cajun Queen every month or so for dinner, and we always live it, but we finally had the chance to try the brunch. It was fantastic! The beignets were great and my crab cakes Benedict were the best crab cakes I have had since I moved to NC! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cajun queenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014excellent food, poor service. not a good place to go if you want a relaxing, quiet evening for two. we felt as if we were being rushed. the ambiance was good, but noice level too highSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for CharlotteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Cajun Queen has a great atmosphere and was very comfortable. The tables were fairly close together without feeling crowded. Our reservations were honored and we had no wait to be seated. Our waiter was clearly busy and overworked, and the service was efficient but impersonal. The food was well seasoned. The Popcorn crawfish was well cooked and the sauce tangy and tasty but a bit too heavy for an appetizer. The blackened catfish entree was fantastic and I will recommend to everyone that they have it with the crawfish/sun-dried tomato topping. The gumbo was soupy and bland. The food is good if you have no plans on heading to New Orleans. But truth be told, it was just OK compared to authentic cajun cuisine.Special Features:
- Great food, as usual.PaukenwirbelDined on 9/13/2014Great food and very efficient, if not overly warm, service. I can always rely on this place to have top-quality, tasty fare that pleases whomever I bring.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodFoodGoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014The food was good but we were in and out in 35 minutes. A little too fast for a relaxing dinner. Waitress did apologize for the food coming out before the soup was half eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 10 yrs laterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our last trip to Charlotte was in 2003 when we discovered Cajun Queen. They say your taste memories can never be equaled ....but NOT here! The Diane was not only good but better. Glad we made a point of going again for our 44th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date night settingFoodfanDined on 9/13/2014We have been wanting to check out Cajun Queen for quite some time and decided to try it on date night. So many times we are disappointed when eating out because the food ends up being something we could have cooked at home as good if not better! We first tried an appetizer and got the BBQ Shrimp. It was delicious. So then we moved on the entrees. I got the Chicken Diane and from the first bite, was pleasantly surprised! It was excellent! The portion also was good sized - I did not want to stop eating it but finally had to and now get to enjoy it again for lunch! I would definitely recommend this restaurant, not only for the food, but the service was excellent as well as the ambience!Special Features:
- Consistently great.cmshumDined on 9/12/2014The Cajun Queen has become one of our favorites restaurants for many reasons. We never have to wait a terrible amount of time, the staff is always friendly, the food is fantastic and the prices are reasonable. We are never disappointed and will be sure to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fantastic!.RepeatpatronDined on 9/12/2014This is not my first visit to the Cajun Queen. Our visit was on a very busy Friday evening. As usual the food was outstanding. Our server was prompt, but not friendly. We ate on the first floor which is noisy from the various conversations going on around your table. If there is live music upstairs it will be even more difficult to carry on a conversation. I think the price is good for the amount of food you recieve. I will definitely return again, maybe on a night that isn't as busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, and can be spicychrisVIPDined on 9/12/2014My wife ordered hers a little too spicy, but it tasted great. Mine was not spicy, but well seasoned and flavor filled, and it was great. I should have gotten a bowl of the gumbo, instead of a cup. Next time, we will bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerByronDined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our birthdays at Cajun Queen on Friday night, as always, food was delicious and prepared exactly as requested. Food is always consistent, which is unusual these days, please keep up the good work..Special Features:
- Great first experienceLisaDined on 9/12/2014Food was just as described and delicious. Large portions provided leftovers. We were a few minutes late for our reservation but were seated as soon as we arrived. Complimentary valet parking is convenient because parking in that neighborhood is difficult. We will go again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Spot!OldSoulTasteDined on 9/10/2014A piece of New Orleans in Charlotte. Great food and a great unique atmosphere. I'm glad to have this kind of place in Charlotte. Ask for Stephanie, cause she was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DougDined on 9/10/2014Always a place that you can depend on being good and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try again maybetryagainmaybeDined on 9/10/2014The food was acceptable. My son was disappointed with the fried shrimp dinner he ordered, stating the shrimp was tough. This was his first visit, so I was hoping he would have been more impressed. Most likely, I won't be visiting again for quite awhile in the futures.Special Features: