1800 East 7th street
Charlotte, NC 28204Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cajunqueen.com/
- Phone: 704-377-9017 x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: William Wssling
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Dixieland Band Every night.
A word from Cajun Queen
Enjoy the friendly, laid-back atmosphere of 'Nawlins without having to leave your back yard. Experiencing the sensation of true New Orleans cuisine has never been easier. We have a number of entree and drink specialties, including Dixie Beer - the beer thatContinued
made New Orleans famous!
made New Orleans famous!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cajun Queen - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Cajun Queen reviews from OpenTable diners
466 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (290)special occasion (227)fit for foodies (217)romantic (152)good for groups (122)hot spot (72)great for brunch (71)great for outdoor dining (63)great for lunch (52)late-night find (38)kid-friendly (32)notable wine list (30)vibrant bar scene (24)scenic view (18)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014We have always enjoyed Cajun Queen for its atmosphere, great food and great service. We love the music that is played there. Overall one of the best restaurants available in Charlotte.Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014This is a great place to go for date night. Food is great, great atmosphere and great service. Definitely a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Fried Green Tomatoes were terrific, my Mahi was very fresh, other comments from our table...this is the best salmon I've ever had. Truly someplace we will return to.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Food is delicious! The setting is charming. We were there at a very busy time so our waiter was very busy and could not be as attentive as one would wish for.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. The service was not great at all. The waiter seemed unengaged. We were looking forward to hearing the live band but was not aware that we had to make a special requests to sit upstairs where they were playing. Parking is very inconvenient also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKateDined on 10/15/2014This was our second trip here. Love the setup and the food is amazing. We split the New Orleans Platter again and just as good as it was the first timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewLuv2dineDined on 10/12/2014Cajun Queen was a wonderful place to eat. The food was amazing and our server Alex was outstanding! We set upstairs and the only complaint was that the music was very loud and it was hard to have a conversation with each other. We will definitely come back and recommend this place to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner. . .MimiDined on 10/12/2014We dine at the Cajun Queen often as we enjoy creole foods and they do a great job with them. We tend to go early on Sunday evening, are quickly seated and the fun begins. Was trying to do a gluten free meal, ended up getting the blackened chicken on rice with steamed broccoli, Didn't eat bread, so was easily out of there with no tummy troubles that night. Always end up bringing home half of each dinner as the portions are huge. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuff!kimbum2Dined on 10/11/2014We always enjoy the Cajun Queen. However, we did have a mishap with the steak my husband ordered. He ordered it Med Rare and it came out pretty rare. He asked it be cooked a little longer but it came back too done. We've ordered steak before and it was perfect. Everybody can't be perfect ALL the time. Most of the time they are!! Great place to eat!! We will be back.Special Features:
- Everytime I Go1FoodieQueeninSCDined on 10/11/2014The Cajun Queen is a big hit every time I go. The place never disappoints. Food is always fantastic, atmosphere is lively and the service is the best. Whenever my out of town guests come in to visit, it is there #1 request that we go! Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014We dine here often and it is excellent every time. We will keep coming back. The manager is always there making sure everyone is happy with there meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BACK AGAIN (& AGAIN)Engprof1Dined on 10/10/2014This restaurant was my favorite neighborhood, good-food headquarters when living there in the 1970s. It's consistency for good food, good service, and just a fun place to meet friends seems to be getting better with each passing year. Looking forward to consistent coolness of fall weather for enjoying more outdoor dining. Will keep coming back and recommending "The Queen" every opportunity I get.Special Features:
- Weekend Chef Might Be Better?JaymeVIPDined on 10/7/2014This is our favorite restaurant and it didn't disappoint this time. Our server was great. The band was good. The food was good, too, although slightly inferior to what we usually get there. We went on a Tuesday, so we're guessing that perhaps the weekend kitchen staff is a little more expert. Recommended dishes: the fish specials, the steaks, pork tenderloin and crawfish scampi.Special Features:
- JazzFeb14Dined on 10/4/2014We throughly enjoyed our experience. The food, service and ambiance were outstanding. We're looking forward to visiting each time we return to Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!!BunniDined on 10/4/2014We had a great evening with friends whom we do not see often enough! They are relatively new to the Charlotte area and I wanted them to experience this great Charlotte gem! The service was very good and the food was impeccable. After dinner, we went upstairs to enjoy another cocktail and listen to the band. Service at the bar was excellent! Thanks for a great time, Cajun Queen!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I enjoyed the atmosphere, food was great, and the service was on point. I really look forward to coming back and catching some jazz,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkingCharliebDined on 10/2/2014Sure would be nice if you could work something out with the Priesters to use their parking lot after their hours. Feed them once a month or something, sign a hold harmless clause, what ever. Some people don't like to hand their car over to an attendent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JKDRDined on 9/30/2014As always it was another perfect visit to Cajun QueenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun QueenluvItalianDined on 9/30/2014I took my boyfriend as a treat and we loved the restaurant. The Jazz was just right for dining, very mellow. Food was outstanding, I had the Diane and my date had the Etouffe. The waiter explained everything so we knew about spice levels, etc. The other diners were all having a good time, I could tell, and it seemed as though it was a regular crowd. Even on a Tuesday night the place was full. We ate upstairs near the band, but being an old house, there were a number of rooms to choose from. It is on my list to return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is amazing!Genny73Dined on 9/29/2014The steaks are excellent especially if you get the mushroom/shrimp topping with it to dip each bit in! It is loud upstairs, but that doesn't bother me a bit. Live jazz 7 nights per week....which is fantastic. BBQ shrimp appetizer is the best! I've eaten here since the early 90's & there's something to be said for consistently great food! Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I took my husband here for his Birthday! Everything was amazing. We really like the ambiance, the food was fantastic, and the service was great. Our server was very helpful and patience. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SallyDinerDined on 9/27/2014We took friends to the Cajun Queen on Saturday night. We made a reservation via Open Table, and we got a table right by the entrance where all the waiters walk by. I have gotten crawfish etoufee in the past, and it has always been very good. I decided to get Shrimp and grits this time, and it was not very good. My sausage and shrimp were over cooked. Since it was a Saturday night in September, I thought they would have live music. There was no music. All in all, it was a very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I have been to Cajun Queen twice and would go again and again. I love the food and the service. Such a great place and it's so close to uptown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I love the online reservation, made it simple and hassle free. Although we got there early, they suggested a cocktail at the bar upstairs while we waited. Which was a great idea, there was live music upstairs! The wait was not long, and the service was great. I loved our waitress, she was very friendly and full of energy. I had the Diane. So so so good and had plenty for leftovers.Special Features:
- Great as always!LindycDined on 9/26/2014Great meal great service... Just great!!!! Love the jazz band!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!MHammerDined on 9/25/2014We had been wanting to try Cajun Queen for a while. I loved the atmosphere of the restaurant! The fact that we chose to go to dinner when it was jazz night was an added plus. It was a great night! I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful the food was! I ordered the Diane with shrimp. It was amazing. I am already looking forward to the next time we eat here!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014I am very hard to please but my food was amazing. I ordered the porkchops, the waiter was amazing and accommodating and also gave me the plantains and mashed potatoes... All amazing. My only 2 issues, 1 was that the bread rolls did not taste fresh and 2 it was freezing cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceFunnyDined on 9/24/2014Eat here frequently. Never disappointed. Food is always amazing! Wine is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gimletDined on 9/21/2014Great food and service! All in party (seven) agree on those points. I had Crawfish Diane. I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- Love Cajun QueencrampDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I love Cajun Queen. It's one of our favorite go to spots in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okpurplepalaceDined on 9/21/2014Normally this is one of my favorite spots. Especially being that they offer groupon's, but today the food was not as good as it normally is. I probably won't be back. Our waiter Michael was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was deliciousIzzieDined on 9/20/2014I had the Diana and it was awesome but my husband try the shrimp and grits but he didn't quite like it needed a little more seasoning but other than that it was a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceExpressYourselfDined on 9/20/2014I took my wife here for her birthday and we had a great experience. The food, atmosphere and service were what we expected. We'll definitely come back again. If you like Cajun Pasta, this is the spot!Special Features:
- Great FoodSassySueDined on 9/20/2014Could have better chairs and tables. When I made the reservation I thought it would be a little formal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!LoveyDined on 9/20/2014This is my favorite restaurant in the city. The food is excellent and the portions are generous. The wait staff is very attentive. We always bring out if town guests to dine at Cajun Queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!!SophieDined on 9/20/2014The food was great. Our server took great care of us, but was very distant in conversing with us. Come to think of it, whenever we do go there to eat, there usually isn't much warmth generated by any of the wait staff, no smiles, etc. Enjoyed the music.Special Features:
- Thumbs up! Definitely returningOM94Dined on 9/20/2014I went here for my birthday with a group of 6 people. I have passed this restaurant 1000x and always wanted to check it out. After reviewing the menu online, the decision was made. The food was delicious-- very well seasoned, with a nod to Cajun spice cuisine! The desserts were memorable for all of the right reasons. Everyone in the party enjoyed them, as well as the adult beverages. Its a casual ambience with a mixed crowd of adults. I'm not sure I would consider this a kid friendly place (but I did not have children in my party so that thought is based purely on my observation, not my experience). It was very busy at the 6 PM hour, which made it a little noisy. We made an online reservation for dinner and it was honored without issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun Queen First Time VisiteatToPerformDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation for 8:15 to find happily, it was honored with no wait. There was also complimentary valley parking! Very nice surprise. The 100 year old home remodeled into a restaurant was full of character, although extremely loud inside. The food was different from the usual Charlotte scene, which made for a nice change, although I would say it was over seasoned. I think this place is a once in a while stop with friends for live jazz, drinks, and an appetizer before going uptown! Possibly a first time date if your not clever enough to keep a conversation rolling. Over all I give it 3 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentEnjoyFoodDined on 9/19/2014Great service, delicious food, diners enjoying their evening.Special Features:
- Always DeliciousHumphreyDined on 9/19/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants! We love the BBQ Shrimp! MUST HAVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.