4542 Irving St
San Francisco, CA 94122Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cajunpacific.com/
- Phone: (415) 504-6652
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday: 6:00PM - 10:00PM. Friday/Saturday: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
Closed: Sunday - Wednesday.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Charles "Chuck" Maddox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Cajun Pacific provides a full range of catering services for business and private clients. Services and menu options can be scaled to suit your needs and budget . . . Chef Chuck and Stacey will tailor a menu to specific to your event, budget and mood. Think of Cajun Pacific when planning a birthday or graduation party, a wedding or rehearsal dinner, holiday entertaining and for business events including office lunches, cocktail parties, sales events, and company parties. Catering can be provided on-site and fully-staffed, and for delivery or pick up.
- Private Party Facilities: Cajun Pacific is available for private parties seven days a week for lunch, brunch, dinner or a cocktail party. The dining room accommodates up to 24 seated or 35 in a cocktail party setting. Email email@example.com with questions and for menu options.
- Private Party Contact: Stacey 4155046652
- Special Events: holiday menus available including turducken and deep fried turkey; email for details
crawfish boils (seasonal)
special menus including Hawaiian fish and local Dungeness crab
- Cross Street: 47th Avenue
- Public Transit: Cajun Pacific is located at the corner of Irving at 47th Avenue: alight the N/Judah at 46th Avenue and walk one block north and west to the restaurant. The 18/46th Avenue stops at Irving & 46th.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street parking can usually be found in the streets adjacent to Cajun Pacific, and parking is readily available on Lincoln (one block north) and two blocks west at La Playa.
A word from Cajun Pacific
Cajun Pacific prepares authentic Cajun dishes and California cuisine with Cajun & Creole influences. The menu changes weekly so it relies heavily on local and seasonal ingredients. The space is small, with an open kitchen: every dish is put together with personal care by Chef Charles Maddox.Continued
The weekly menu is posted to www.cajunpacific.com on Wednesdays; please call us directly for parties larger than six or for times not available here.
The weekly menu is posted to www.cajunpacific.com on Wednesdays; please call us directly for parties larger than six or for times not available here.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cajun Pacific reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good place to check out!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Gumbo was good. Make reservations as it gets packed and the restaurant is really small. A good southern dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacesfdinerDined on 8/28/2014Third time I've been there....enjoyed the meals and restaurant each time. If you're thinking of trying the restaurant, I highly recommend the Portobello mushroom Wellington if it's on the menu that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Louisana vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/5/2014really great food in a causal, authentic room with nine tables. best soft shell crabs ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PILARDined on 6/26/2014HAVE BEEN HERE SEVERAL TIMES AND WAS ALWAYS FABULOUS......HOWEVER HAD DESSERT THIS TIME AND MUST ADMIT THE BREAD PUDDING WAS A MISS.....TASTED OLD AND DRY......NEVER ORDER IT AGAIN....BUT MAIN COURSES ARE WONDERFUL AND SERVICE IS GREAT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentsfdinerDined on 6/12/2014great food, wonderful atmosphere, excellent, attentive service….I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not in a hurry?!?feedmyfaceDined on 6/5/2014FOOD: food was perfect! Kudos to the chef! SERVICE: waitress was friendly, hustling to get to all 7 tables (Thumbelina restaurant). Could have used one more wait staff, but I'm not sure if there was room for another wait staff. PROBLEM: The issue came with getting seated. I wanted to have a good meal and have a chance to really chat with my new boyfriend. I had a 7:00 reservation but did not get seated until 7:35 pm! This was, by far, the LONGEST wait for a table WITH a reservation. Spoiled the ambiance for us. Once we ate, we just wanted to get out.
- OrcadianDined on 5/30/2014Our group of six included former residents of the Quarter in New Orleans. They praised the Cajun Style food and said the bread pudding was the best they had ever eaten. Friendly home style service.Special Features:
- Authentic, fresh, fantasticDivingbelle13VIPDined on 5/23/2014Fifteen years. CP has been serving this tantalizing fare for 15 years. I almost don't want to tell other diners how stupendous the food is here. We shared three apps: the asparagus, the gumbo and the crawfish beignets. The asparagus had a light lemon sauce with a soft-cooked egg, much like the dish at Plaj-excellent. Beignets, light and perfectly browned with a zingy remoulade. Cornbread nutty and perfectly textured. My diner mates loved the gumbo-I love a different formulation but the flavors were nice. I had the bbq shrimp w/two sides: ratatouille and blue lake beans. Again, textures, flavors, presentation were perfect. Trout special? Excellent. If you're a wine snob, you may be disappointed, but get over it. Order the bread pudding.Special Features:
- PILARDined on 5/9/2014CAJUN PACIFIC CONSISTENTLY SERVES FABULOUSLY FRESH, DELICIOUS FOOD IN A FUNKY SETTING......I'D BEEN THERE BEFORE AND ALL THE POSITIVES REMAIN THE SAME.....AMAZING HOW EFFORTLESSLY THE SERVER MANAGES TO PROVIDE ATTENTION TO A ROOM OF DINERS..TRULY A GEM! WILL DEFINITELY RETURN.Special Features:
- good food but it took an hourJJfoodnutVIPDined on 3/28/2014good food but it took an hour and an half to get to out table.Special Features:
- Great food, truly. PortobelloKandDVIPDined on 3/28/2014Great food, truly. Portobello Wellington was fantastic, as was every dish we ordered. Oysters with Brie also unbelievable. This chef has a unique talent for food, Cajun or not, we'd imagine.Special Features:
- Good GumboNativegalVIPDined on 2/21/2014am of Cajun descent, so I am picky and know what gumbo is. I had a bowl of the chicken and Andouille version and was not disappointed. The wine list is short but well chosen and reasonable. Having passed the gumbo test (most places don't even know the difference between a gumbo and a creole dish.....) I will be back for something more substantial. I heard talk of the softshell crab po boy and saw a creamy seafood pasta go by that looked fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Pork TenderloinSunsetSlackerDined on 1/17/2014This was our second trip to Cajun Pacific. We live just down the street, so it's great to pop over to for an outstanding meal. Def need reservations as 3 couples were turned away on Fri. The place us pretty small & the service is very leisurely, so tables do not turn over fast. We had the sausage "corn dogs" which were pretty good, pork tenderloin, which was juicy, flavorful & amazing, and BBQ shrimp, which were a cooked well, a good amount, but I wasn't in love with the sauce . Finished with the bread pudding, which us good, but I wish they had another option for dessert. They list pie, etc on their catering menu. Overall, wonderfully cooked food!Special Features:
- Great Cajun Food tucked awayMattyCDined on 11/21/2013A great neighborhood vibe here. The place seats about 20 people at a time. One chef one woman attending to the guests. Food, comes out hot and very flavorful. Portions are huge, beware. We loved our time and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gem / NOLA cuisinePacificaJayVIPDined on 11/2/2013Feels like we're in New Orleans - great music, good vibe from the hostess and chef. He puts his own spin on the NOLA cooking style; we love it. Be warned, this place is very small - but that is part of the charm and fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to like?vinelliDined on 10/31/2013Great food, friendly vibe, unique atmosphere and two blocks from home, Well worth the trip even if you don't live nearby. You can book Cajun Pacific for private parties too - about 20 guests. I did and everyone had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now That's Good Cajun!Food4MeVIPDined on 10/11/2013Cajun Pacific, hands down, has the best tasting Gumbo in town! Wait, as a matter of fact, the best soft shell crab po' boys as well. (Just make sure it's in season.) Also the best cornbread. Great food, great service. The space is very cramped, make sure you have reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodac19Dined on 8/17/2013This restaurant only has 7 tables and a few bar stools, so it can fill up quickly. Even with reservations, others would request certain tables to be reserved, so we ended up next to the door. Despite the small accommodations, we enjoyed our meal. My boyfriend had the rib eye steak and I had the veal chop. Both dinners were cooked to perfection! We wanted medium rare and it was a nice juicy pink inside with a great flavor in every bite. We also had the crawfish beignets as an appetizer, but didn't taste much of the crawfish. The sauce was a bit spicy and had a kick to it which we liked. And we were served 2 pcs of cornbread which was a little spicy as well, but very good. Overall, it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2013How did I not know this place existed?! Great Cajun food! The gumbo was particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NOLA food outside of NOLA!EnolaVIPDined on 5/11/2013Delicious! Being from nola, it's always hard to find good nola style foods outside of nola. The food here was great, I felt like I was back home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky to have in my neighborhood!CindyDined on 4/13/2013We had a fabulous meal, and this is definitely one of those spots you want to book through Open Table. It's small, cozy, and open just three nights a week. Stacy took really great care of us, and gave us the most sincere and enthusiastic tips on enjoying our upcoming first trip to Jazz Fest. She was equally engaging with every table in the place...regardless if they were regulars or new faces. She really seems to love what she is doing, as we all should when we go to work. This isn't a Cajun "themed", its true to itself. From the well executed food (with plenty of vegetarian options too), to the hospitality, to the delicious wine and bread pudding. I have always said a good business feels like it has a soul. CP has it!Special Features:
- I picked this restaurant forAL44Dined on 4/11/2013I picked this restaurant for something different ... one because it was Cajun food and the other to get away from the "norm" of the typical fancy dining places. My girlfriend and I had never eaten Cajun food so it was a first for us. The food was good and fresh. We especially liked the Gumbo. I really liked the corn bread straight from the oven but it was too small. The place was a bit tight but it made for a cozy atmosphere especially if you were on a date. Recommended ... reserve because a few customers came without reservations and they had to wait (not good since there is no place to wait). Parking was not the best and we had to park 3 blocks away, so probably making early reservations better. Overall not a bad choice.Special Features:
- Finally tried this place afterOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013Finally tried this place after living in the Sunset for 5 years. It's only open thursday, friday and saturday each week. And only for dinner. The gumbo was good and the shrimp was good, just small on the portions for the price. Nothing I have to go back for though.
- Definitely not what I expectedFoodHunterVIPDined on 2/16/2013I went to this restaurant after I heard great things about the food and the attention to detail to the menu. I went with 3 friends and were excited to try the food. We were sorely disappointed in the food. This is what we found: 1) The corn bread muffins were burned. I love well made cornbread and this was poor executed. I cook often at home and would never serve burned food to my guests. 2) The jambalaya was not what we expected. It looked nothing like the jambalaya I've had in Louisiana or any other venue. It also lacked any flavor. 3) I ordered a shrimp dish that was not good with regard to flavor or freshness. 4) We ordered a lamb appetizer. Although the flavor was OK, the lamb was essentially raw. Would not recomend...
- Good Choice for Cajun FoodtapbirdsDined on 12/15/2012I haven't been to Cajun Pacific in years - and that's not due to lack of effort on my part. Previously you would show up and the restaurant would be closed (for catering?) and the reservation system was "iffy." However the use of OpenTable to make reservations seems to coincide with other improvements. The food was excellent, indeed it seemed slightly better prepared than years ago. The gumbo was fantastic, as was the chocolate bread pudding dessert. My only recommendation for improvement would be to enlarge the beer/wine selection.Special Features:
- The Best West Coast New OrleansOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2012Stacey is hands-down the heart and soul of the restaurant. She made us feel at home and directed us on how and what to order.
- Thought the food was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/14/2012Thought the food was well prepared and a good value. The fact that it took some time to get our dishes demonstrated that the food was being made to order. The tastes were good without being overdone. My wife had the Duck and Grits and I had the crawfish Pasta. Both were very tasty. As for desert, I would say that the Bread Pudding was just OK. We would definitely go back as we have been looking for just this kind of neighborhood jem with honestly prepared and very tasty food.Special Features:
- Great food at low pricesDickVIPDined on 8/18/2012The food is different and very well seasoned. We had the lamb, BBQued shrimp and gumbo. All were very good to excellent. Prices are outrageously cheap.
- Tiny place way out near theTurkophileDined on 8/3/2012Tiny place way out near the beach. The 5 or so tables and the kitchen are in one room. Found parking close by at 6 pm. We were welcomed, served promptly, and enjoyed Cajun barbecued shrimp & crawfish pasta with delicious warm corn bread and a glass of wine that was good but not cheap.Special Features:
- What a surprisingly greatMarshWrenVIPDined on 7/28/2012What a surprisingly great meal behind a very modest storefront. We both very much enjoyed our meal at this almost tiny Sunset restaurant. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Food was a solid 9 / 10 -OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2012Food was a solid 9 / 10 - it was Very Good, but not quite Excellent. The service was what I'd call "relaxed". Water got refilled, we were never ignored, but it wasn't super-speedy either (which is a good thing for a relaxing dinner and a bad thing for a hurried one). Overall, totally worth the visit, and I intend to come back.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2012Food was very good but service was on the slow side. We sat down at 7:30pm, ordered two apps and two dishes. It took about an hour for everything to come out. The restaurant wasn't extremely packed either, it's a very small place to begin with. We wanted more rice so we ordered it as a side and there was enough for 2 spoons. I thought "they charge $2 for that??" Quite ridiculous... The server lady wasn't rude but wasn't friendly either. I'd go there for the food with plenty of time to spare.Special Features:
- Best Cajun food restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/5/2012Best Cajun food restaurant in San Francisco hands down! Every dish from the gumbo to the entrees to the bread pudding was amazing. The only item that could be improved is the wine list. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- We had a great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/8/2012We had a great Easter Brunch here. I tried the Eggs Satchmo, which was like a modern take on eggs Benedict. Eggs sous vide were served over buttery biscuits with a kickin' Cajun sauce. Oven roasted red potatoes were a yummy side. My fiancé had barbecued shrimp (which were huge!) over a crispy cake of grits and ratatouille on the side. Ofcourse, no meal is complete at Cajun Pacific without their bread pudding in whiskey sauce. It's, chocolatey, caramelly, soft, comforting goodness in a bowl. I often can't finish my meal at Cajun Pacific because of the generous portions. However, this meal was so delicious, I ate it all!Special Features:
- Amazing! The appetizers andOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/23/2012Amazing! The appetizers and bread pudding were my favorite - service was excellent, very personable, friendly, warm...would definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- 18 seat capacity, so expectrbkeatingDined on 3/16/201218 seat capacity, so expect intimate. Fried oysters with bleu cheese and green sauce was good. Good portions but not belly busting. Would tell friends about it..Special Features:
- Cacophonous dishwashing mars mealFrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/18/2012Excellent food but very erratic service (forget to ask certain people for drinks, only some tables get candles, forget to bring things you ask for). We had the feeling maybe the staff were drinking wine in between serving and getting more forgetful. Also what kind of ambiance is it to be in a restaurant where they're banging loudly washing dishes just a few feet away from you? If I want to eat in a kitchen I'll do it at home. A shame, sinc the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Intimate and Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/28/2012Small intimate place. Good to take a date to experience some different foods and taste. Service is friendly and not overbearing. Really good place to talk and get to know your neighbors.