Cajun Experience - Leesburg
14 Loudoun Street SE
Leesburg, VA 20175Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
Cajun Experience - Leesburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cajunexperience.biz/
- Phone: 7037776580x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday 11:30am -4:00pm, Friday - Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Friday, Saturday 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am - 8:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun, Creole
- Executive Chef: Bryan Crosswhite
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live Music on Saturday Nights at 7pm.
A word from Cajun Experience - Leesburg
The Cajun Experience Leesburg is an Authentic Cajun Owned Restaurant serving the northern VA area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cajun Experience - Leesburg reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Cajun experienceYoungfoodie95Dined on 7/25/2014I went to Cajun for a friends birthday and had a lovely time! We sat outside and the singer was wonderful. The food was delicious and during the first half of the meal the service was excellent, But as it got later on we never saw our waitress. It took over an hour after we ate to get out checks and even longer to settle them. Our server was very nice and apologetic though. She even gave us a free dessert. Looking around I saw her at 6 different tables, behind the bar, and running inside so I don't blame her for the wait. Gratuity was already included and while I was fine with the 20% gratuity some of the people I was with we're not and didn't think that it was deserved. Overall I had a great time and would love to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First FridayDCVolDined on 7/4/2014Great food, great music, great service - we always enjoy the "Experience"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy night, poor serviceLisaN0509Dined on 5/31/2014It was a very busy night when we went. We had 5 adults and two young children, so not a huge party. The service was not good. Drinks were brought quickly for the beer drinkers, but a glass of wine or a mixed drink was not timely. I needed to remind the waiter/bartender of the drink order and it still took some time to get the drink. Food was great, but it was almost an hour and a half in getting to us. Having worked in food service early in my career, I understand that mistakes happen, but we will not go there again on a busy night. I just don't think their wait staff and cooks were able to handle the work load.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat in the atticVikesfan86Dined on 5/10/2014Always a great time here! For an adventurous group of 8-10, ask for the room in the attic. Private, great ambiance, and very unique. As always the food is excellent. Make sure you try the catfish and gator bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Cajun ExperienceValetinesVisitDined on 5/3/2014I was born and raised in Cajun Country and once managed and cooked for a Cajun restaurant in the French Quarter in New Orleans. This place services real Cajun not creole gumbo which was a pleasant item - (creole gumbo has tomato regular Cajun gumbo doesn't). They also had good Abita beer from LA. Instead of buying an entree I purchased a number of side items to get a flavor for their cooking - the red beans and rice, fried crawfish, gumbo, and fried catfish were all great and reminded me of home. Honest people work here - my wife forgot her purse and we did not realize it until got home. I went back to restaurant about an hour and a half after we left - purse was behind bar and all the money, ID, and cash was in it.Special Features:
- No makers markTdckyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Outside atmosphere was great but live music stered much later than 6pm. They mention bourbon on the menu but didn't have makers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Cajun Experience - Leesburg reviews archive.
- Could use a faceliftGrandmaDined on 4/27/2014Food is advertized as authentic Cajun and is not bad. But the decor is horrible--not in keeping with upscale neighborhood of downtown Leesburg. A little investment here could go a long way.Special Features:
- Cajun experienceCandEDined on 4/26/2014Spicy, authentic, gator, seafood and gumbo classics made my evening out perfect! There was 4 of us. We sat outside, listened to their band play, they have a daily special that comes with desert! Service was amazing. Food takes a bit of extra time to come out but that is because they make it fresh! Perfect night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little spotDTLGDined on 4/19/2014I really liked this place. The service was excellent. Very friendly and courteous. The food was really good, as close as you'll get to authentic New Orleans food in Virginia. The place is small, but they have an upstairs and outdoor dining with live music...can't get much better than that. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Those Desperate for Cajun, Go HereJenSteve9411Dined on 4/19/2014I know there must be some News Orleans aficionados in NoVa who'll do anything to find a bonafide Cajun experience back home. Only the truly desperate should try the Cajun Experience. From the grilled oysters and various fried appetizers (we tried gator and okra) to the mushy jambalaya, nothing seemed worthy of the accolades we'd read in the local newspapers. Our waitress seemed up to par until she forgot about us after the main course. We had to summon her for coffee and the check. Atmosphere? Probably better outside in the back, but it was cold enough to necessitate sitting in the front "dining" room that tried to summon up some Jackson Square attitude by placing empty Cafe du Monde coffee cans on the window sill.Special Features:
- The service is slow but theycajunmanDined on 4/12/2014The service is slow but they are nice. The waitress spent more time rolling silverware into paper napkins than waiting on the tables. The alligator bites are not fresh they are frozen. The other food contained more rice than the main ingredient. Folks who have been to and lived in LA will be very disappointed.
- Really Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/29/2014I really enjoy the food here and recommend Cajun Experience to everyone. They do need to work on the level of service and the overall ambience of the establishment though. They'll get that fixed I'm sure but in the meantime, go enjoy the really good Cajun food!Special Features:
- KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING IN TOPeteVIPDined on 3/7/2014Went to CE specifically to hear Fast Swimming Fish, WV blues band. Made reservation in good faith. No advice or warnings given by CE. Arrived to find the band was in the front room with only three tables. We were seated on the second floor in the back (bed) room. This is a converted frame house. Out of earshot. When we protested we were told: WE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. And so we left. Well, hopefully now the Open Table faithful know. Be sure to ask about something you probably didn't know you didn't know. All ended well with the discovery of Chimone, a Honduran restaurant across the street from Wine Kitchen. You should try this place. Great fish tacos.
- Food with a Kick and Music too!JillDined on 2/7/2014This is one busy place on a Friday night. My party and I came for the music, but enjoyed the entire Cajun Experience this Leesburg hotspot provides. The food was fairly good. Salad could use a little work, but my friends who ordered the sampler were extremely happy. We were lucky enough to sit at the bar and watch the amazing female bartender (sorry, I forgot her name)! It was such a busy night and she handled her nonstop workload with poise and charm. A big draw is the local music the restaurant features on Friday and Saturday nights. Staff were kind enough to accommodate my party so we could watch the band. We'll definitely be back next time Hard Swimming Fish band comes to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.