4019 LeJeune Rd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffevialetto.com/
- Phone: 3054465659
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - Closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Caribbean, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Late Night, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Caffe Vialetto
At Caffe Vialetto, guests will discover delicious Italian cuisine served with a Latin-Caribbean twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Caffe Vialetto - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Caffe Vialetto reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (43)romantic (34)good for groups (24)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent service/food/ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014From the moment we stepped through the door and were greeted by the host, we knew we were in for a great dining experience. The man who sat us was extremely friendly, warm and talkative. He made jokes while inquiring about our preferences and the occasion. My girlfriend chose the miami spice option with the octopus, pear ravioli and Bailey's cream desert, while I selected the black squid ink risotto with large chunks of squid and shrimp. Everything tasted fresh, the portions were large, and I am still dreaming about that risotto a few days later. The host checked on us frequently to ensure we were enjoying everything, and even offered us complimentary glasses of Moscato for dessert. All in all an excellent date experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Restaurant offered complimentary wine while we waited for our table. The two people, i believe they were the owners, provided us with excellent service and where beyond attentive. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, long waitMiamiDinerDined on 8/22/2014We made an 8:30 resevation, but were not seated before 9:15. Ordered apps and food. Apps took 45 mins. We complained. The owner or manager was very apologetic and gave us some free apps. The claimed to be overwhlemed b/c of Miami Spice. Restaurant is very loud. That said, the food itself is excellent. The comp-ed pear ravioli was awesome. I enjoyed my pork risotto a lot. Overall, great food, but needs a refresher course on restaurant management.Special Features:
- the bread ruined perfection...h28perezDined on 8/22/2014Caffe Vialetto is a charming, albeit small, dining destination. They cram a lot of people into this small place. If you don't mind getting your chair bumped every now and then, then Vialetto is certainly a place I recommend. The food and the service are amazing. After going over the menu, make sure you give the waiter time to tell you the specials. That's the secret. Amazing specials all the time. The risotto and the polenta are out of this world. Doesn't happen all the time, but the home made bread they served with the freshly made bruschetta was not good. The crust was super hard, teeth cracking hard, and a bit to dense. Desserts are crazy good. They have valet parking, $5, or you can park on the street, meter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ExperiencedRPadronVIPDined on 8/20/2014The service was horrible I waited for more than 20 minutes to get my desert, I had the Sea Bass with risotto and the Sea Bass was salty and if it wasn't for my wife giving me some of her risotto I would have gone out of the place hungry, It was not a good experienced at all. On top of that they are adding an 18% tip for a table with only 2 people, no restaurant in the Gables is doing that.
- Always DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014You can always expect great food, awesome serivice and a craving to return the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDineOut365Dined on 8/18/2014The service was awesome. The food was really tasty.Special Features:
- Feels like FamilySeafoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014Everyone makes you feels very confortable, very friendly, as you were family. The food is very tasty and good wine selection. I have been there more than 4 times already. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Delicious meals and great service. Perfect night out with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrianDined on 8/8/2014The snapper fritters were outstanding and the Calamari done with Feta was excellent. We had the the Risotto for dinner, the pork was OK, the fish was very good. The Risotto itself was very good. The deserts were average. They had one of our favourite wines on the list, priced reasonably. We would come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami Spice lunchMerciDined on 8/5/2014I met three friends for the Miami Spice lunch and the menu was outstanding with great choices. The food was well presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellencyLuckyNVIPDined on 8/4/2014You can pass by many many times and never see it, in fact for us was hard to find. We parked on the rear ($5) and we were hosted by the owner, a very nice and kind guy. We skipped the Miami Spice and requested the house special"s as appetizer we have ravioli and shrimps, for entree seared tuna and pasta. Every dish was perfectly well cooked and served. We will come back. Don't expect a fancy place but expect to have a great meal.Special Features:
- Curiosity killed the catDisappointedDined on 8/3/2014Went for anniversary dinner. Highly recommended so expectations were high. Service was ok but not spectacular. Food ok but not exquisite. Could hear all conversations from surrounding tables. Restaurant on busy street and diners face that view. Parking lot all torn up. Some dining chairs had torn upholstery yet we're offered for sitting. I got one of those. Bathroom clean but had no paper towels or way to dry hands.
- Always QualitySdineDined on 8/1/2014Just a great place, I have been here 4-5 times over the past two years or so and every time I go the food is great and the service is good. Fantastic Italian food especially their ravioli! Had the Miami Spice menu for the first time there and it was a great selection and there was no need to ask the waiter for it as they gave it to us wtih the menu. Have never had a meal there that I have not thought was excellent. Always recommend Caffe Vialetto. My only complaint is that it took a while to get the check but at the same time they let you take your time and dine, no rush whatsoever even on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysPinotphileVIPDined on 7/29/2014What a terrific neighborhood restaurant! Superb Italian themed pastas, fish, meats and veggies and probably the very best risottos in all of Miami! Several types of fresh fish available every day with the chef's own take of style. But you can also get it simply grilled or sautéed but don't ever pass up the champagne risotto that comes with it! Excellent service, attentive and knowledgeable. Easy parking and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundil2eVIPDined on 7/28/2014We had not been back here in a while and I am not sure why, because this is a great place. The food is excellent as is the service. I will definitely be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Awesome!DunneyDined on 7/25/2014Great good, great service. Anything you order is on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodAlejandroVIPDined on 7/22/2014Food is very good and service is attentive without being overbearing. Good for a fun meal or business.Special Features:
- Delicious dining!VialettofanDined on 7/19/2014One of our favorite spots and we always dine well here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful italianMontanaChef1Dined on 7/15/2014This little neighborhood gem was quiet but lively, the food was amazing, the service was attentive and the overall experience was excellent. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014Good food with interesting variations on the Italian theme. But, a choice of healthier sauces would be a nice alternative to the rich cream sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HotrodDined on 7/3/2014Pastas were as good as it gets. The carbonara and the parpadelle with short ribs amazingSpecial Features:
- Always outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2014Simply the most consistently outstanding restaurant in the Gables! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperienceMarimDined on 6/15/2014Outstanding service and food! Excellent. Clean fast service. The owner that worked on Farher's Day was so attentive,friendly and made sure our experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic ambiance friendly decoramagnoliaDined on 6/14/2014we enjoyed the food. super and innovative as always. very attentive personnel.family members are very usual attendantsSpecial Features:
- Spectacular Meal!kckidDined on 6/9/2014Cafe Vialetto is a gem - delicious food, lovely ambiance and a treat for all the senses. Had the restaurant week special - grilled calamari then sea bass over a bed of champagne risotto. Too fabulous for words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2014The other night, dinner at Caffe Vialetto was even more outstanding than it usually is. The Calamari Fra Diablo appetizer was awesome. The Calamari was tender and flavorful and the Fra Diablo sauce had just the right amount of spice. For our main course, my companion had Filet Mignon and I had Hog Snapper. The Filet was "melt in your mouth" tender and beautifully presented. I had never tried Hog Snapper before and it was wonderful. A flaky white fish that was very flavorful and combined perfectly with the shrimp risotto. Magnifique! Four dessert we had a Heath Bar Tiramasu that was super delicious.Special Features:
- Always GreatEwillDined on 6/1/2014Great food, good location and very friendly staff and owners.Special Features:
- Excellent.SeasonalSkierDined on 5/31/2014I have been to Vialetto countless times and can honestly say I have never had a bad experience and much less a bad meal there. Vialetto is a treat to the senses. The ambiance is great, the service is attentive, but not hovering and the food is consistently creative, excellently prepared and presented and if there were a sixth star, that would be my rating. I find it rather absurd in Miami now-a-days that people would seriously complain about the automatic 18% service fee being added to their check......Get over it and if you have an issue, modify it. I would not hesitate to recommend Caffe Vialetto to anyone looking for a unique and delicious dining experience without the pretentiousness all too common in South Florida. Enjoy!!!Special Features:
- YummmmbythewayrachelDined on 5/25/2014This restaurant was very accommodating to my guest and I, we were able to split two dishes and they brought the plates to us split. The dishes we had were delicious, both the polenta and pasta very rich in flavor and creamy in texture, the pasta was tender and all in all I'll definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Love Caffe VialettoGrandieDined on 5/24/2014We don't eat here often enough! It is not close to our home, so unfortunately we only head there on our way to a nearby theater. And, each time we eat there, we are reminded how terrific this restaurant is and how we should just make this our destination. Don't hesitate for a moment....the food is delicious and well prepared....and the staff is cordial and professional. GO and Enjoy!Special Features:
- great food, bad taste in my mouthGilWVIPDined on 5/23/2014We loved the food, and the service was prompt and friendly. I did NOT like the fact that an 18% service charge is ALREADY INCLUDED. First of all, if the service is good, I usually tip more, and would have, but didn't because they already INCLUDED a "service charge" in the bill. Secondly, I'm not even sure this is legal, as it was not announced at the BEGINNING of the meal. Whether it's legal or not, it certainly isn't ethical. I probably would go back as the food is truly fantastic, but this left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Excelente comidabagu27Dined on 5/19/2014Muy buen servicio y excelente comida, el trato y el conocimiento del mesonero fueron de lo mejor, una cena muy agradableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emilioVIPDined on 5/17/2014been going there for years and have NEVER had a bad meal. their specials are always great and very consistent in food, service and priced moderate for their quality and serving sizes. if you have not been there you should definetely try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love loveVivi728Dined on 5/15/2014I LOVE this place! It satisfies my soul! I had the short ribs and risotto and it was soo delicious! Our waiter was wonderful. I had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 5/11/2014Food and atmosphere make for a very fun enening out. On this particular trip the service was rather poor. This is not always the case, so we will continue to frequent Vialetto (but if the service is this poor again, it will be off my list).Special Features:
- Miami CatererLDMCDined on 5/10/2014I work for one of the top catering companies in Miami, Florida and by far Cafe Vialleto is one of my favorite places to dine. The food, service and ambiance are amazing. The servers are very knowledgeable about the menu. You must try there croquetas, champagne risotto, short ribs and gnocchi's. Make sure you leave room for dessert. It is a bit pricey, but so worth every single dollar.Special Features:
- excellent!!heidiDined on 5/7/2014The food is amazing never had a bad meal and every single thing on the menu is delicious!Special Features:
- The following 237 reviews are from the Caffe Vialetto reviews archive.
- GREAT SPOTdisapointedDined on 5/3/2014FIRST TIME THERE. OWNER WAS VERY ACCOMMODATING,FOOD WAS PERFECT.Special Features:
- NYC--> MIA just for Cafe VialettoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food is fantastic and the staff are very kind. I Cafe Vialetto is my #1 dinner choice when i fly from NYC to Miami.Special Features: