230 N College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffesienacharlotte.com/
- Phone: (704) 602-2750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet and Menu available: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ahmed Azizy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Book your next Private Function at Caffe Siena. Its intimate Private Dining room can accomodate up to 20 guests.
- Private Party Contact: James Stinecipher 7043355400x452
A word from Caffe Siena
Cuisine inspired by blending of the cultures, tastes and textures of Italy, with Basque, French, and Mediterranean influences, and is presented in imaginative and artful culinary displays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Siena reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Cafe Sienna ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014We were greeted warmly as they recognized us a repeat customers. Our server had good suggestions and she was attentive, timely, not intrusive. At our table we had Chilean sea bass, salmon, and a filet. Each of us enjoyed our selection. Pricing of menu items is modest compared to most nearby restaurants. The restaurant atmosphere allowed us to talk without being overpowered by the background activities. This restaurant is a favorite of ours for dinner before attending Belk Theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stache & CookStacheVIPDined on 11/21/2014Surprisingly good for a Holiday Inn restaurant. They were out of a couple of things but did a very adequate job on the crepes and the pasta. Wine list by the glass was also good. The server was very personable and attentive. The ambiance is negatively effected by the construction on the exterior of the building but sidewalk views when the work is completed will be interesting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to try it out, was good.DutchmanVIPDined on 9/26/2014I wanted to try it out, it looked good from the window and the menu seemed nice. Went for lunch and everything was fine. Nothing really stood out as great or bad, it was just all ordinary.
- restaurant weekdadivaDined on 7/27/2014I tried Caffe Siena for restaurant week. This was a birthday week for a friend and we really enjoyed this restaurant. The food was great the atmosphere was a great. The service was great as well. I would recommend to family and friends.Special Features:
- Disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014I was really looking forward to this dinner and took my sister who was visiting from out of town for her birthday. What a disappointment!! Not one part of the dinner was appetizing. From the water lamb slider, to the ice cold watery lobster (couldn't see or taste any) mac and cheese. To the raspberry cheesecake that was actually blueberry topping possibly mixed with raspberry. They actually ladled raspberry sauce over the tiramasu. The asparagus was luke warm as was the steak and the grilled shrimp and the flavor was nothing special. What a poor introduction to Charlotte and the restaurant scene!!
- The following 200 reviews are from the Caffe Siena reviews archive.
- MarkelurbanDined on 7/26/2014The food was great and our server Autumn was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiegirlDined on 7/24/2014Overall it was a very good experience... The food was great and so was our server ... I wasn't a huge fan of the dining area as it didn't feel private enough for a romantic dinner or modern enough to be one if the swankier cooler places to eat in Charlotte but the chef definitely prepared an upscale dinner so it was a really good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahVIPDined on 7/23/2014I went for Restaurant Week, where my fiancé and I received 3 courses for $30 - a great deal! The food was tasty - I ordered the eggplant napoleon for my appetizer, sea bass for entrée, and crème brulee for my dessert. All were tasty, though I was a little disappointed by the dessert. It was a little too sticky and needed some more flavor.Special Features:
- Wedding Catering test runNomNomsDined on 7/22/2014My fiance and I are getting married at the Holiday Inn next year and decided to make a reservation at Caffe Siena for restaurant week to test run the food we will have at the reception. For the most part, everything was great. The sea bass cake was awesome, main courses were too. Our only complaint would be the desserts. Seemed like they phoned in the dessert course a little bit - you could tell they had been pre-made and were sitting in a refridgerator for a while. The made the cannoli shells a little off in texture, same for the creme brulee. Other than that, we really enjoyed the food. We're looking forward to making menu selections for our wedding next year!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Creative menu with sauces to top anything off! I had the rabbit legs and have been raving about it since.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week find1GaDawg85Dined on 7/19/2014Just happened to find this place and it is restuarant week in the city. It was really awesome place with great food. Perfect place for a celebration meal or just a nice night out in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekPumpkinn28Dined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Cafe Siena for the first time during Restaurant Week. The restaurant is located inside of Holiday Inn Uptown which was very nice and cozy to my surprise. Our waitress, Angel was very friendly, provided excellent service and attentive in making sure we were good at all times. I was not please with the selection I chose which was salmon served over a full plate of salad. Other than that, I was very satisfied with the appetizer, desert, service and Martini. I would definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Ate here during Charlotte Restaurant week...food was great, atmosphere was comfortable, server was very knowledgeable & friendly. Overall great experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but NoisyMichaelDined on 7/19/2014I had duck and my wife had sea bass-both were quite good. Place was very noisy and we were placed between 2 4-tops of "loud-talkers", even though we asked for a "quiet table" with our Open Table reservation.Special Features:
- Great!!!EatprayloveDined on 7/19/2014Love this place! Nice decor and delicious food! I would definitely return to this location. Great service and even better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Had a reservation for 7pm for 10 people. Got there about 5 minutes early, they did not seat us for at least 20 minutes. Menu was limited due to restaurant week, but everything was delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked/underseasoned foodjcl49erDined on 7/19/2014We opted to try Cafe Sienna for Restaurant Week based solely on a unique and appealing menu. The apps were great, though the lamb slider was stringy, very small and is compensated by some a side of average french fries. I opted for the beef short ribs, with julienned veggies and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were great, the veggies were begging for salt and the short rib had good flavor but was too dry. It was like eating a chunk of crock pot roast. My wife had the rabbit leg, fingerling potatoes with green beans/carrots. The rabbit leg was shockingly huge (a plus) but it was incredibly dry and had zero flavor. You honestly could not distinguish it from bland chicken in a blind taste test. Desserts were just ok but we won't go back.
- Great food horrible service.FoodjunkieDined on 7/18/2014Food was amazing but I will not be going back because of the service. At one point we were the only people there and we still couldn't get refills or our dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing!Coop9023Dined on 7/18/2014The staff were very courteous and prompt during our visit and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Was our first time dining at Cafe Siena. Best part of experience was the service. Friendly, interactive, fast, made is feel comfortable. The apps were fantastic. We had the scallop cakes and eggplant neapolen. Amazing. Dinner was ok. Had the filet. Was cooked perfectly MedRare but was lacking flavor. Tasted plain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration dinner - Big hitDavannaHDined on 7/15/2014I took a colleague to dinner at Café Siena to celebrate their first day in the department. The hostess gave us the choice of being in the center of the restaurant or along the windows where it is quieter and more scenic; we chose by the windows. Our server Angel, was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu. We tried one of the fruit martinis that were on special that evening; very delicious. We ordered the eggplant appetizer and it was delicious; the marinara was just right. I remember having the Mare for dinner; which was fabulous. Great portions of seafood on top of the pasta. Although I cannot recall what my colleague chose to eat, she indicated it was delicious and at her whole meal. Great experience; will certainly return.Special Features:
- welcoming dining experiencewanderlustDined on 6/27/2014we found this restaurant using TripAdvisor. It had very high ratings. We got there on a rainy Friday night they were not very many people there we started to go somewhere else because of the lack of people but decided to say because of the rain.it ended up being wonderful meal in our waitress was very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe Siena - CharlotteDXRtrvlrDined on 6/24/2014Great downtown location. Convenient to Bank of America stadium, hotels, other restaurants & bars. There is some on-street parking available after 8pm. Otherwise, patrons can park at the Holiday Inn. Though a bit noisy; high ceilings and not much fabric or soft furniture to absorb sound, it was a welcoming spot. My companion and I enjoyed the Caesar salad which we shared. I had lobster ravioli which was delicious and had a good texture. The lobster sauce was creamy and flavorful. My companion had seafood crepes, which were also delicious. They, too, had a creamy, but light, lobster sauce. The portion size was ideal. Not too large, nor skimpy. Caffe Siena is a restaurant which we plan to visit again when in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner after Segway TourLori1217Dined on 4/5/2014We had 5 people doing a 3pm Segway Tour downtown for a special birthday gift. We wanted a restaurant near the lightrail, with good food, and drink. Everyone loved their meals and it was very enjoyable. The menu includes a nice array of choices. We ate early 6pm so it was nice that it was not crowded and we received great service.Special Features:
- Not Bad, for a Hotel Restaurantacm0321Dined on 3/22/2014Didn't realize that this restaurant was part of a hotel - so the food wasn't quite as good as the menu made it appear. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite.
- Mid-week Business Lunch Buffetmnh20Dined on 3/12/2014Stopped by Cafe Sienna for first time in about 12 months since I've changed buildings and it's not as nearby as it once was. They have retained the lunch buffet which seemed to still be popular as about 10 people were in line when we arrived. For $10.95, it's a good value for Uptown Charlotte. Wait Staff was accommodating and very polite. As we went up for a salad and a bowl of soup, there was warm bread waiting for us at the table. Had forgotten how good the buffet was. Will come back. Thank you...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FoodaceyjVIPDined on 3/7/2014Restaurant was not bad but the food was very bland. Not well seasoned no taste.
- Need to visit again!JeanVIPDined on 3/1/2014Had reservations and dined during CIAA tournament because it was close to Spirit Square (Duke Energy Theater). Encouraged by staff in advanced that they had a limited menu (very thoughtful of them) and when we arrived we were encourage to try again due to the limited menu and "craziness" of the crowd and reorganizing of the furniture. We still enjoyed ourselves very much. We were in the corner by the window, where people watching was fun. The food was delicious. The waiter was pleasant. My only beef was with the wine. I ordered a 9 oz glass, but feel strongly that it was NOT 9 oz. I asked the waiter but he insisted that it was 9 oz. No way! I did not debate it any further and paid for 9 oz, but I still felt a bit cheated.Special Features:
- Convenient to Belk TheatreHenryRDined on 2/15/2014If your night out includes catching a show up-town, park and have dinner at Cafe Sienna then walk around the corner to the Belk theatre. Great start to a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough foodgittoDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious but after my meal I still was hungry. I had to go across the street to Fuel Pizza to get something else to eat.
- Good price, good food, quietcklaDined on 2/7/2014Wine was great, very quiet because almost no one was there, we were there early in order to attend symphony, bruschetta as appetizer was delicious, salads arrived before appetizer was even half finished. The pear and proscuitto salad was wonderful, the tomatoes in the salade caprese were obviously out of season and we probably should have just passed. A misunderstanding in our order resulted in the main course not being what we thought we were receiving. It was just so so and probably colored by the fact that it wasn't what we thought we were getting. Dessert was delicious. They honored the Symphony Preferred restaurant discount despite management not knowing about it in advance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurantJboyVIPDined on 2/4/2014Looking for good value and a good meal in the Uptown area, Caffe Siena is the restaurant for you. I found the service to be very welcoming and attenative, while the food met expectations, and I must say the Lobster Macaronni and Cheese even exceeded. Great restaurant to sit down with friends, enjoy the drink special, and get your chat on.
- Delicious!VictoriaVIPDined on 1/25/2014My husband and I checked out Caffe Siena during Restaurant Week. They had a great menu. I really enjoyed the poached pear salad and my husband's duck was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a party of 4 takingJjamDined on 1/25/2014We were a party of 4 taking advantage of the Queen's Feast to try Café Sienna. Thought the menu was varied with numerous choices. The food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine ListOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014The wine list needs some help. This is my second time dining at this location and the menu always looks so good! Every time we eat there, it doesn't quite live up the hype.Special Features:
- Not a bad part.StuffedJoeDined on 1/25/2014My wife and I ate here for restaurant week and were wonderfully surprised on the results. It was very busy butour server Jolene was attentive and cheery and had a good knowledge of the wine list. We fell in love with the sea bass cake (although the slaw left something to be desired) for the app, and enjoyed both the duck and beef short rib dishes. However, the lavender creme brulee stole the show as I watched my wife lick the bottom of the dish. Overall a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014Didn't expect to find the overall experience to be as great as it was. Fun, great food, service and a truly nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AtmosphereLABNCDined on 1/24/2014The vibe is the restaurant is good - comfortable seating nice low lighting - staffs appearance and behavior is professional Food came out quickly what should have been cold was cold what should have been hot was hot. Food came out prepared as ordered and was VERY GOOD! A great find! Many may steer clear since it is inside of the Holiday Inn - I say don't miss out on this one! Our compliments to the chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way better than expected~rosenbudVIPDined on 1/24/2014went for Restaurant Week and was so pleasantly delighted with food that was just memorable.. started off with great hot rolls, entree of short rib and blackened salmon was superb. my meal called for mashed potatoes but they let me swap out the lobster mac and cheese which was super. the carmel apple canoli was fresh and invitingly different. will be back!Special Features:
- restaurant week reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/23/2014The restaurant is located in the Holiday Inn which was nice because they validated parking. The restaurant is very open in design and the tables nicely spaced. The wait staff was very conscientious about our needs. The food was prepared beautifully and presentation was wonderful. The music was a little loud, however, we totally enjoyed our meal.Special Features: