55 West 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffemolise.com/
- Phone: (801) 364-8833
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Fred Moesinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fresh fish, grilled meats, pasta, salads, and decadent desserts. Catering for all events and budgets from weddings and Holiday parties to box lunches for corporate and pharmaceutical trainings.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Friday night with the John Flander's Jazz Trio.
- Cross Street: On 100 South between West Temple and Main Street
- Public Transit: Get off on the TRAX City Center stop and walk 1/2 block West on 100 South Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking in front of the restaurant. Pay parking at the City Creek Center (across the street) and a pay lot to the East of the restaurant.
A word from Caffe Molise
Caffe Molise is a full service restaurant featuring fresh Italian cuisine inspired by the Molise region of Italy. Enjoy dinner surrounded by local art in our dining room or choose a table on our delightful garden patio. Friday evenings feature live jazz with the John Flander's Trio. Caffe Molise is the perfect pre-theatre, opera, symphony, concert, or sporting event dining location and is conveniently located downtown at 55 West 100 South, directly across from Crossroads Mall. Caffe Molise is a DABC liquor licensee and offers wine, beer, and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Caffe Molise - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Caffe Molise reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)fit for foodies (44)special occasion (33)good for groups (31)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (17)hot spot (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Food was so-sosunflowers1000Dined on 11/22/2014We ordered a beef special. The beef was tender, but everything on the plate was bland and boring. Also, their website advertised two different 3-course specials but our waiter didn't know anything about them, and it seemed that they weren't available.Special Features:
- A nice bite close to the symphonybigfootedDined on 11/21/2014Atmosphere and service are stellar. Friday night features an utterly amazing genius jazz trio that is at a tasteful volume, so conversation is easily possible. While the dim lighting is pleasant, it rendered the menu unreadable. (they need to change the menu fonts !) Also the rolls were too soft and sweet -a very inadequate match for their most delicious roast garlic appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; service could be improvedTheProfDined on 11/15/2014We had a reservation for a weekend. We arrived at our assigned time and there was a group of 6-7 in front of us, also with a reservation. The hostess answered the phone and made arrangements for another party while we all waited. I thought that was very rude. She seated the large party then came back and finished the new reservation before seating us. It was several minutes before our server came and brought water or menus. We had finished out salad before rolls arrived. Overall the food was okay, but the service really made it a less than positive experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic date nightCandaceDined on 11/15/2014My only complaint would be that it was too cold to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gotta Love Caffe MoliseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014This place has turned into one of our favorites when in town on business. It has a nice variety, even for some rather picky eaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerFeedme9Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent service. Great for group dinners. Our food was delicious and we had a great night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FineDanicaEatsDined on 10/26/2014We went there for my birthday. We were seated quickly but it took a bit for our waiter to get to us even though there was only 3 other tables with people at them. When he got to us, he seemed disinterested the whole time and that attitude continued throughout the meal. He didn't ask if we wanted desert or how our food was. However, our waters stayed full even if he didn't ask if we wanted refills on our other drinks. Overall, the food was pretty good, the service was only alright if that.Special Features:
- DisappontedBabettoDined on 10/18/2014After reading so many nice reviews I must say my friend and I were very disappointed with our Cafe Molise experience. Our server started out strong and then seemingly forgot us. He made some recommendations, took our order and we didn't seem again until he presented us with the bill. And the food, well....my friend ordered a pork dish which was difficult to identify or describe. Let's just say it was not good. I ordered the shrimp scampi which had way to many red pepper flakes (and I like hot) and aside from the heat was unmemorable. It's a good thing my Italian husband opted not to go. He probably would have walked out. This one is off the list.
- Unusually underwhelmedglutardfoodieDined on 10/17/2014I have always had great experiences both with the service and with the food at Caffe Molise. This time, I was significantly underwhelmed. We went for a "girls night out" and our server seemed somewhat annoyed with us being there. I noticed that when we arrived she was closing out a nearby table, but after that, we had more interaction with the kind server who delivered our food. I ordered the Polenta and was somewhat disappointed. It was gummy and almost plastic in texture. All of my friends were extremely satisfied and loved their food selections. They ordered a variety of dishes from the Chicken, Pasta and Gnocchi. As always, the wine and ambiance were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is excellentthemelDined on 10/11/2014Every time I have been at Caffe Molise the food is excellent. With many events within a short walk it is the perfect location to start our evening.Special Features:
- Great FindRompDined on 9/28/2014First time at this restaurant which we found on Opentable. The food and wine were fantastic. The service was a little slow but we weren't in a hurry so that was fine.Special Features:
- Food good as it has been beforeBobBVIPDined on 9/27/2014Interesting Menu, and good food whatever have had. Service this time was slow and even changed wait staff two times in begining - then pretty much ok, just a bit slow. Will be there again.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014I have been to Caffe Molise many times and have been happy with our meals. Saturday night was very busy, very noisy, and the meals were not up to previous standards. I ordered their Mediterranean salad with chicken which I have had before and it was beautiful. This time there were ingredients missing and it looked like it had been thrown together. Not anxious to return.
- A Wonderful ExperienceLuckyPirateDined on 9/26/2014The staff gave us a warm welcome, and the food was amazing. I appreciate that there are several options for a vegetarian. We will most definitely be back. This spot will be a go to for us when we are downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll returnCreteVIPDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit to Cafe Molise. We were visiting SLC and found the restaurant via Open Table. The wait staff and food were outstanding. We were seated outside on the patio which is beautiful. Within a half hour, the skies opened and it poured rain. We were reseated inside and the wait staff didn't miss a beat...Incredible! Food and service...both outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor spaceOutoftownerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Decent Italian, OK salad, the pappardelle had a decent but a bit gummy of a tomato ragu. Main reason to go is the outdoor seating, which was very relaxing and comfortable.Special Features:
- highly recommendnycnativeDined on 9/25/2014This is a lovely restaurant with a spacious and pretty outdoor patio, attentive service, and very well-prepared food. The inside of the restaurant is also attractive and the tables are far apart. The fresh pasta is consistently good, as is their fish. Most recently, we had a grilled chicken dish with an artichoke cream sauce on the side, shrimp frame diavolo with linguine, fresh pappardell with a slow-cooked pork sauce, and a very good lasagna. Also, a nice wine by the glass. And the house salad with Asiago cheese is quite nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor lunch downtownTheFoodsterMeisterDined on 9/24/2014Caffe Molise offers hearty Italian fare -- nothing out of the ordinary, but yummy. It's a great place for lunch, especially when you can grab an outdoor table on a warm and sunny Salt Lake City day. The indoor dinning room is a bit bland, decorated with a hotchpotch of 'art'. Service was efficient (and trying to be funny).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and AtmospherescottdcaDined on 9/20/2014I've been here a few times and always really enjoyed it. This is the first time I've been there when the weather was good enough to sit outside and it was really nice. Perfect weather and the outdoor surroundings were very nice. It was a little breezy that night but because where you sit the breeze was actually blocked by the buildings which was really nice. Our server knew the menu very well. We got the Goat Cheese pasta(Yum!) and the pork tenderloin that is listed on the menu as a staff favorite and now I know why it was terrific. We will definitely be going here again.Special Features:
- Ribeye1218Dined on 9/12/2014Great food - highly recommend. Little obnoxious that they charge for extra dinner rolls and upgrading from a house salad is expensive. But overall good experience and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAlexisVIPDined on 9/8/2014We sat on the patio. I was absolutely beautiful and brought the world back into balance for a lunch on a busy day. It is hard to believe we are in the middle of the city. The patio is comfortable and has great ambiance.Special Features:
- Our New Favorite PlaceJustmeDined on 9/6/2014The outdoor patio is beautiful and the service is fantastic. The food is excellent as well. We have dined here twice and have enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pappardelle in townBretUtahDined on 9/6/2014I always get the same thing when I come here. The paper dele is the best in town and to make it even better, add sausage to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingMerceDined on 9/2/2014Upon being seated we told our waiter that we had concert tickets and would like to be out of restaurant no later than 7:30. He said that would not be an issue. That gave us 1 hour and 20 minutes for dinner. Menu had limited choices, did not take long to decide on entree. Rolls were brought out that were soft. Menu stated if you wanted more it would be an additional 95cents, a bit tacky. A simple tossed salad was delivered to table 15-20 minutes later. Entrees appeared as we were finishing up salad and server did not clear salad plates. He held entrees in his hands till WE cleared plates. My husband's chicken dish was extremely over cooked and drowned in cream sauce and my ravioli we're just ok.
- Sunday BrunchProfessor8sDined on 8/31/2014Cafe Molise's patio was a nice gathering place for our weekly Sunday brunch of six adults. The ambiance was nice and the service was quite good, if a little too chatty at times. Most people enjoyed their food. My eggs were overcooked on my benedict--a frequent problem in Salt Lake City in my experience, and my partners "over medium" eggs had yolks there were barely moist as well. Others in our party seemed to have had better luck. And, in spite of the egg difficulty, it was a good experience.
- Beautiful & Large Outdoor AreaImpeccableDined on 8/30/2014We visit Salt Lake City once a year, and after three years of trying to get a spot, we we finally able to find an open time that fit our schedule. We asked for outdoor dining & it was granted! I ordered a small green salad as an appetizer and it came with real Parmesan on top. Very light and tasty. I chose the pork loin with plums as highly recommended by our server & a side of pasta instead of mashed potatoes. It was incredibly tender with a slight touch of anise. So glad to have experienced this restaurant at last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shannonDined on 8/27/2014Everything was great, food and service was so impeccable we stayed for four hours on the patio.Special Features:
- Excellent placeDinerDined on 8/23/2014It's a great little jewel in downtown SLC with very good quality Italian food and a good wine list. Always busy with an active and pleasant atmosphere, great to go on a date or just with friends.Special Features:
- Great food, service and locationjb211Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday with a party of eight, started outside, got a bit cool, moved inside with no problem. Loved both the outside and inside dining areas. Staff is super friendly and attentive. Food was excellent. Our group had a great time, lot's of laughs! Fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Outdoor DiningKathySMDined on 8/21/2014We had dinner on Caffe Molise's patio and it was charming. Our dinner was excellent - nice presentation, food tasted good and a good portion size. It was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely go back there again when downtown. There are two parking lots right near the restaurant so parking was not a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014We were excited to eat outside, but the tables were dirty and the plates had dust/bugs on them. It's like the table had been set for a few hours and hadn't been wiped down all day. The wait staff were all nice enough, but appearance was kind of on the grunge side. One guy put the dishes on the table so hard we thought they were going to break. The food was ok. I think my gnocchi came from a bag out of a grocery store freezer section and my wife's penne pasta was a little more al dente than it shod have been and was covered with about 2x the sauce that it needed. Overall, it was just ok. Not bad, but we were really hoping it was a cool place with amazing food that we would want to go back to...it wasn't.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IlovelinenDined on 8/20/2014meh. Came highly recommended but was a bit disappointing. Slow service. OK food. I was just expecting more. Expectations ruin relationships . . .but in this case we will learn from experience. Will not return.Special Features:
- Consistently magnificoBizzDined on 8/17/2014Okay, I don't eat meat and it is always a pleasure to find a restaurant that has imaginative non-meat choices, but also has excellent meat choices for friends that might be accompanying us. If you happen to be in Salt Lake at lunch time-Caffe Molisse is a well-kept secret--the only thing missing is the lapping of the Mediterranean close by. To make up for that they have a large reflecting pool that even if slightly showing its age is a handsome welcome touch. The food is fresh, menu items creative(eggplant "meat balls") and the dinner menu always has at least one great fish entree that impresses my wife.(Not easily accomplished--just that fact in itself is worth trying this sincerely fine restaurant-)--check out the reserve wine list!Special Features:
- BravissimoKrazykayDined on 8/15/2014It will evoke memories of dining in Italia! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening on the patiofoodiewhoalwayswantsmoreDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant has one of the best patio's in Salt Lake and it's a very pleasant place to spend an evening (or lunch) with friends, eating good food with a glass wine. The food is very good, the service is also very good. My go-to is always the Pappardelle but the specials are usually a good bet as well just depending on your mood. You really can't go wrong here but it's such a bummer that this great patio can't be enjoyed all year round. Go now while the weather is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an amazing outside space!IsabellaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food and it was the perfect night to eat outside. In town for a work trade show and the restaurant had no problem accommodating our large group.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing services1oregonDined on 8/8/2014Fred and his crew are brilliant. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OR FOODIEaztecVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food! Super effort on the staff's part, they were buried during the OR SHOW and the kitchen as very slow, but if you have nothing to get to later that night, half our party was flying out, it was fine, a bit rushed to get dinner served at 8:45 after sitting at 7:15. But we all made it and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We had a reservation, confirmed by two separate emails. When we arrived we had to wait while they helped several parties who did not have reservations. The staff seemed to be very confused--several of them starring at the computer screen for long periods of time. Once we were seated we were told we would need to be gone in an hour so they could seat the next party. The food was not good and we felt rushed. While there, I received a voicemail message from BTG (another restaurant they own) stating I had a reservation with them and were wondering where I was and if I was coming. I had not made a reservation at that restaurant, ever. This dinner was a birthday celebration and I was hoping for a nice experience and it was anything but.
- Great place!wooloneDined on 8/6/2014Very convenient to the Outdoor Retailer show. Food and service are outstanding.Special Features: