55 West 100 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffemolise.com/
- Phone: 8013648833
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Monday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Fred Moesinger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fresh fish, grilled meats, pasta, salads, and decadent desserts. Catering for all events and budgets from weddings and Holiday parties to box lunches for corporate and pharmaceutical trainings.
- Entertainment: Live Jazz every Friday night with the John Flander's Jazz Trio.
- Cross Street: On 100 South between West Temple and Main Street
- Public Transit: Get off on the TRAX City Center stop and walk 1/2 block West on 100 South Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: On street parking in front of the restaurant. Pay parking at the City Creek Center (across the street) and a pay lot to the East of the restaurant.
A word from Caffe Molise
Caffe Molise is a full service restaurant featuring fresh Italian cuisine inspired by the Molise region of Italy. Enjoy dinner surrounded by local art in our dining room or choose a table on our delightful garden patio. Friday evenings feature live jazz with the John Flander's Trio. Caffe Molise is the perfect pre-theatre, opera, symphony, concert, or sporting event dining location and is conveniently located downtown at 55 West 100 South, directly across from Crossroads Mall. Caffe Molise is a DABC liquor licensee and offers wine, beer, and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Caffe Molise - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Caffe Molise reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (87)special occasion (46)fit for foodies (43)good for groups (39)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (27)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (20)hot spot (10)scenic view (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Cafe Molise's patio was a nice gathering place for our weekly Sunday brunch of six adults. The ambiance was nice and the service was quite good, if a little too chatty at times. Most people enjoyed their food. My eggs were overcooked on my benedict--a frequent problem in Salt Lake City in my experience, and my partners "over medium" eggs had yolks there were barely moist as well. Others in our party seemed to have had better luck. And, in spite of the egg difficulty, it was a good experience.
- Beautiful & Large Outdoor AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014We visit Salt Lake City once a year, and after three years of trying to get a spot, we we finally able to find an open time that fit our schedule. We asked for outdoor dining & it was granted! I ordered a small green salad as an appetizer and it came with real Parmesan on top. Very light and tasty. I chose the pork loin with plums as highly recommended by our server & a side of pasta instead of mashed potatoes. It was incredibly tender with a slight touch of anise. So glad to have experienced this restaurant at last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shannonDined on 8/27/2014Everything was great, food and service was so impeccable we stayed for four hours on the patio.Special Features:
- Excellent placeDinerDined on 8/23/2014It's a great little jewel in downtown SLC with very good quality Italian food and a good wine list. Always busy with an active and pleasant atmosphere, great to go on a date or just with friends.Special Features:
- Great food, service and locationjb211Dined on 8/23/2014Celebrated a birthday with a party of eight, started outside, got a bit cool, moved inside with no problem. Loved both the outside and inside dining areas. Staff is super friendly and attentive. Food was excellent. Our group had a great time, lot's of laughs! Fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Outdoor DiningKathySMDined on 8/21/2014We had dinner on Caffe Molise's patio and it was charming. Our dinner was excellent - nice presentation, food tasted good and a good portion size. It was a very pleasant experience and I would definitely go back there again when downtown. There are two parking lots right near the restaurant so parking was not a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/21/2014We were excited to eat outside, but the tables were dirty and the plates had dust/bugs on them. It's like the table had been set for a few hours and hadn't been wiped down all day. The wait staff were all nice enough, but appearance was kind of on the grunge side. One guy put the dishes on the table so hard we thought they were going to break. The food was ok. I think my gnocchi came from a bag out of a grocery store freezer section and my wife's penne pasta was a little more al dente than it shod have been and was covered with about 2x the sauce that it needed. Overall, it was just ok. Not bad, but we were really hoping it was a cool place with amazing food that we would want to go back to...it wasn't.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IlovelinenDined on 8/20/2014meh. Came highly recommended but was a bit disappointing. Slow service. OK food. I was just expecting more. Expectations ruin relationships . . .but in this case we will learn from experience. Will not return.Special Features:
- Consistently magnificoBizzDined on 8/17/2014Okay, I don't eat meat and it is always a pleasure to find a restaurant that has imaginative non-meat choices, but also has excellent meat choices for friends that might be accompanying us. If you happen to be in Salt Lake at lunch time-Caffe Molisse is a well-kept secret--the only thing missing is the lapping of the Mediterranean close by. To make up for that they have a large reflecting pool that even if slightly showing its age is a handsome welcome touch. The food is fresh, menu items creative(eggplant "meat balls") and the dinner menu always has at least one great fish entree that impresses my wife.(Not easily accomplished--just that fact in itself is worth trying this sincerely fine restaurant-)--check out the reserve wine list!Special Features:
- BravissimoKrazykayDined on 8/15/2014It will evoke memories of dining in Italia! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant evening on the patiofoodiewhoalwayswantsmoreDined on 8/8/2014This restaurant has one of the best patio's in Salt Lake and it's a very pleasant place to spend an evening (or lunch) with friends, eating good food with a glass wine. The food is very good, the service is also very good. My go-to is always the Pappardelle but the specials are usually a good bet as well just depending on your mood. You really can't go wrong here but it's such a bummer that this great patio can't be enjoyed all year round. Go now while the weather is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such an amazing outside space!IsabellaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great food and it was the perfect night to eat outside. In town for a work trade show and the restaurant had no problem accommodating our large group.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing services1oregonDined on 8/8/2014Fred and his crew are brilliant. Thank you for a wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OR FOODIEaztecVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great food! Super effort on the staff's part, they were buried during the OR SHOW and the kitchen as very slow, but if you have nothing to get to later that night, half our party was flying out, it was fine, a bit rushed to get dinner served at 8:45 after sitting at 7:15. But we all made it and the food was terrific.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014We had a reservation, confirmed by two separate emails. When we arrived we had to wait while they helped several parties who did not have reservations. The staff seemed to be very confused--several of them starring at the computer screen for long periods of time. Once we were seated we were told we would need to be gone in an hour so they could seat the next party. The food was not good and we felt rushed. While there, I received a voicemail message from BTG (another restaurant they own) stating I had a reservation with them and were wondering where I was and if I was coming. I had not made a reservation at that restaurant, ever. This dinner was a birthday celebration and I was hoping for a nice experience and it was anything but.
- Great place!wooloneDined on 8/6/2014Very convenient to the Outdoor Retailer show. Food and service are outstanding.Special Features:
- They hit all 5's!!ArtayVIPDined on 8/5/2014We were in SLC for a convention and the restaurant was packed with groups. They seated the two of us promptly and the service, despite the hustle of groups, was outstanding. The chicken and shrimp dishes were great. I highly recommend Caffe Molise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightMiFaiImpazzireVIPDined on 8/1/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great meal good wine, Dan was a great waiter, and the rest of the staff very friendly as well. There was a musical trio playing instrumental songs not too loud. Just a perfect evening for an outdoor meal on their terraceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodeaterouterDined on 7/27/2014Lots of seating. The food was the best Italian I have ever had. I literally can't stop thinking about it. The portion sizes were good. Save room for desserts, fantastic. The outside patio was very large and very pretty. The servers were very professional and quick with service, not too talkie which is fine with me. The parking in the area was not too great. It was a great location to eat at if you are going to Capital Theater.Special Features:
- Top PickNotEasyToPleaseDined on 7/26/2014Caffe Molise is one of the great local restaurants. The food selection and quality was outstanding. The service was amazing and the patio just gets better and better as the evening progresses. This is one of our new favorite picks in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely.;...FOODeAFFAIRVIPDined on 7/26/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, my food was perfect (even though a few of my friends said they wouldn't describe it as "memorable"), and the wait staff was good.Special Features:
- Great food in a great venue!MOdinerDined on 7/19/2014We picked it because it was close to our hotel, but it turned out to be a great experience! The food was wonderful and the atmosphere friendly and nice. There is a beautiful enclosed garden area for outdoor dining. It is strung with lights and at night, it is quite pretty.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service!sbllivingwellDined on 7/18/2014The food is always good, but the service really makes this place great!Special Features:
- woah! best in the worldbestfoodeverDined on 7/16/2014Started with some 5 star antipasti and the bistecca was the best thing I have ever eaten in my entire life it was the best romantic night I could've asked for I recommend this place 10 to 5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for dinnerTMH36Dined on 7/12/2014We had a great dinner at Caffe Molise. We brought our well behaved 9yo son who was accommodated with a kids menu and a spill resistant cup. But I didn't list this restaurant as "kid friendly" because it is not a place where fellow patron would like to hear kids yelling and crying. The food was excellent and when we told the server we had tickets to the theater she happily made sure our food was out quickly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service is excellentMcKennonDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary and it was the best Italian restaurant we have been to in all of Salt Lake! It was close to our hotel and close to the Capital Theater. It was also great that we could make reservations so we didn't have to worry about running late. The staff was so friendly from the minute we walked in the door. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- kahunaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014love caffee molise, we had an incredible patio table, great music. we were running late for the play and, even though they were busy, took care of us and hustled with the food and had great customer service.
- Good food great outdoor atmosphereFoodhawkDined on 7/11/2014The food was good, but the outdoor atmosphere was great. They had a live band that added to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.BlueBoarFanDined on 7/6/2014I always enjoy my time and my meal here! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent gem in SLCSEPZZDined on 7/6/2014Outstanding Mediterranean food with a creative style. Pork Loin with Figs is my favorite. Top it off with bread pudding in Caramel Sauce for dessert. Meal presentation was picture perfect. Chefs Specials are also excellent. Wine selection is impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere and foodJuneDined on 7/3/2014Great location uptown with good food and very pleasant staff. Great seating outside. Loved the pappardelle and tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dinner Not for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014I love this restaurant for dinner, but was very disappointed in brunch.Special Features:
- Not too impressed this timeMaryDined on 6/27/2014This is the first time I was not thrilled with dinner. My steak was over cooked, and because our waiter was nowhere to be found, the manager had to take over. That was great, but she was also taking care of one of two very large groups as well as a couple of smaller ones (because of this, service was lacking). I will, however, continue to go back because my previous experiences were fantastic. This was just a tough night for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Food!Et44Dined on 6/20/2014I'm usually very lenient on "service" people, been there, done that; but the hostess checking people in seemed somewhat "off." More specific, we walk in and there is all kinds of people trying to check-in and she stared and clicked on the front desk computer for 4-5 mins. Saying "I'll be right with you" once! We all looked at each other wondering what was going on! Finally, when seated, the server & food were exceptional! First impression was a little rough, everything else...near perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter was hopelessUmak1Dined on 6/15/2014Everytime we asked for something it was like I am not sure I am not sure etc etc.Special Features:
- Meeting friendsluvsicDined on 6/11/2014The ambiance of our outdoor table was quite good if it hadn't been for a couple motorcycles driving past on 100 S. Otherwise, it was quite nice for meeting my fiance's friends and enjoying very fine dining. Had I realized just how noisy 100 S could be I would have requested a table near the back of the outdoor area. I'll remember this in the future.Special Features:
- NIce Jazz TrioSpeedDined on 6/6/2014Had a great table near the music. One of the best tables on the patio to watch the Jazz trio. The girlfriend was very impressed and was smitten with the ambiance and food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Took a date here for lunch. The staff went out of their way to help make it a romantic and memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not know their promotionschuckDined on 5/31/2014I read in the advertising magazine in the hotel that Caffe Molise gave a free appetizer with two entrees. The manager had no knowledge of the promotion. Other than that, the restaurant is fantastic and our waitress was the best. I cannot remember her name but she had spent a lot of time in Italy and spoke Italian.Special Features:
- Great downtown, outdoor optionFelisDracoDined on 5/24/2014Outdoor seating is surprisingly quiet and picturesque. Weekend live music is a treat and I wish they would increase the line-up. This would be a great location for nightly local music. Always go for the chef's special, especially when the server says he's trying something new. The chef is skilled, has a great imagination, and puts together satisfying flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.