Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue
124 Columbus Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffemacaroni.com/
- Phone: 4152178400
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mario Ascione
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering from antipasti to full dinners. Please call for details.
- Entertainment: Purple Onion comedy club
A word from Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue
Sciue`Sciue`transports dinner to Italy. Eating at Macaroni Sciue`Sciue`will take you to a street caffe in Naples.ciao e arrivederci. (The beast small Neapolitan trattoria in the heart of San Francisco)corner of Jackson @ Columbus North BeachContinued
Please call us regarding reservation of 10+
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Macaroni Sciue Sciue reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was mediocre at best.DianaVIPDined on 9/7/2012Food was mediocre at best. Service was ok. I would not recommend it, quite disappointing. Nothing special at all.
- I think Macaroni Sciue SciueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2012I think Macaroni Sciue Sciue is a great place, but you need to be looking for a high energy experience. It is loud and vivacious (particularly downstairs), the staff is very outgoing, and the food is very good. It is not a place for a quiet, romantic dinner, but rather for a big group having a good time or a meal where your comfortable getting into a conversation with the staff and a couple at another table about their favorite opera singer.Special Features:
- yesWinemanDined on 8/21/2012We arrived at the restaurant and told the waiter I had a 12:30, Opentable reservation, where he said we were waiting for you, seated us and we had a wonderful tasty lunch. Tonight I noticed that Opentable has not awarded me my points. Why not? I paid with my credit card, do i need to submit proof of payment. H. HollandSpecial Features:
- Really fun place. Food isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2012Really fun place. Food is good, but nothing outstanding. Overall a go-to place for everyday Italian in the touristy and overpriced restaurants in North Beach.Special Features:
- Awful food and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2012Out food tasted like it came out of a can. The sausage for the orecchiette was way too greasy, and my gnocchi tasted like it was from Chef Boyardee. I definitely would not go here again.
- Before you go to the Purple Onion!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2012Great if you are going to a show at the Purple Onion! Excellent meal. Everything was fantastic and reasonably priced. Has become my favorite North Beach!Special Features:
- A really lovely mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2012This place is very fun. There were two of us. The place is small, really a cafe in size. The food was excellent, particularly the carpaccio, the seafood appetizer, and the oricchiette with sausage and broccoli rabe. The seafood risotto was good, but not in the same caliber. The tiramisu is fabulous. Michaele, the waiter who appears in other reviews, is indeed, a reminder of what makes us all want to move to Italy. The owners, husband and wife, seem very nice and certainly the real deal. It wasn't cheap, but not onerously expensive, and one begrudges them nothing because the quality is there. I would happily go back.Special Features:
- Hole in the Wall...GEM!!!!!serve2allVIPDined on 6/28/2012Really a great "hole in the wall" gem with mostly neighborhood people there. Owner's wife, Stephanie, adds to the friendly neighborhood character of this place. The eggplant appetizer and veal Osos Bucco were outstanding. You would pass this place by and never know how great the food is...so DONT!Small and somewhat disheveled decore...but REAL ITALIAN...take it from a Brooklyn Italian Boy who was very impressed!Special Features:
- Absolutely best neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/2/2012Absolutely best neighborhood find! Great pasta and pizza and great garlic olive oil dipping sauce!Special Features:
- It was not what I was expectingRUBINSFVIPDined on 5/26/2012It was not what I was expecting based on the reviews. It's a fairly small restaurant closer to the business district. Service was respectable and the food was fine but it was just okay.
- As always we had the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2012As always we had the best Southern Italian food and a great experience.Special Features:
- Great lunch at Macaroni Scuie ScuieOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012LOVE this place, as well as Mario the owner. Have been coming here for years so it was nice to bring some of my officemates and introduce them to Mario and his wonderful Napoli food. Great wait staff, too.Special Features:
- The waiters and staff areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The waiters and staff are unbelievably entertaining. They really make you feel at home and comfortable. Our main server was incredibly funny and personable, would definitely recommend anyone to visit and try it out! The bread and garlic/olive oil dip is also very very tasty.Special Features:
- Our waiter was hystericalOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/21/2012Our waiter was hysterical and very sweet, even gave us complimentary dessert - the food was great and traditional, which is just what I wanted. I only wish the location were a little more on the main strip of North Beach (ie., a little more scenic). But otherwise, our experience was very fun and memorable.
- A perky little italian restaurantAlmaDined on 4/19/2012I've been here twice now (from Seattle) and i really enjoy the food and energy of this place. It's in the heart of North Beach and that in itself is a nice draw but the restaurant too is very much worth going to. I've gone in groups of three or more; the service, food and ambiance is always great!Special Features:
- On the outskirts of NorthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/13/2012On the outskirts of North Beach, this place stands out for real Italian cuisine, and a genuine Italian feel. It was the third time we've been back, and we felt like part of the family at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Friendly, fun and fabulous food.TiltDined on 4/13/2012What a wonderful find. Friendly, fun, great food, great staff. Appetizers, salads, pasta, wine and dessert all at a great price. The service was great. We went back next night for nightcap. Was just all around a memorable evening.Special Features:
- We found this place by accidentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2012We found this place by accident but will never forget it!! From the second we walked in the door, we felt transported to Italy and our very gracious host Michele made us feel like family. Our experience at this gem of a restaurant, from the food to the service, made our entire getaway special.Special Features:
- Great food and great staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2012Great food and great staff. Very friendly. We enjoyed it tremendously.Special Features:
- I've enjoyed dining at CaffeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2012I've enjoyed dining at Caffe Macaroni since the early '90's. The ambiance hasn't changed much, always casual and pleasant if not a little crowded. This visit was okay, my dinner selection perhaps wasn't the best. The antipasti as usual was excellent but my gnocchi was only textured so-so with a sauce not very deeply flavored.Special Features:
- I haven't been to Caffe MacaroniOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 4/5/2012I haven't been to Caffe Macaroni in 5 years. The service and team was the same, the food seems to have lost a little bit but that may be because I did not find a special that appealed to me. I'll go again.Special Features:
- Small neighborhood spot withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2012Small neighborhood spot with excellent pasta and lively feel.Special Features:
- Caffe Macaroni seemed a bitRobertDined on 12/22/2011Caffe Macaroni seemed a bit dispirited to me this visit. The crowd was thin. Food and service were fine but unexceptional. I will be back, but I can't give it a huge recommendation.
- A great dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2011Not your typical North Beach tourist trap. Ambiance was on the rustic side but very pleasant, relaxing. The food was very good and the servers were clearly having fun doing their jobs. We felt like old friends by the end of the meal and laughed a whole lot. I had a fairly simple pasta as my entree and it was exceptionally flavorful, but in a subtle way (not just soaked with garlic). I will definitely visit again!Special Features:
- What a terrible experience.SffoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2011What a terrible experience. Our host /waiter was downright rude. We asked 10 times for bread. Drinks and apps all wrong. Kids meals came last. It was embarrassing to bring guests there
- Fresh seafood + neighborhood gemSF280VIPDined on 9/30/2011The owner goes to buy the freshest fish of the day every morning. That tells how much he cares! Food is excellent and fresh. One of many reasons I love this place is that the grilled seafood is always cooked and seasoned perfectly!Special Features:
- This restaurant was recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2011This restaurant was recommended by a family member who had been there earlier (and it turns out went there because of a recommendation from someone else!) We enjoyed THE best meals of our vacation and we were treated like you would a regular - given excellent alternatives; quick, attentive and personal service. A fabulous experience all around.Special Features:
- Not worth the trip.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/6/2011I feel like the waiters talk in Italian to impress the tourists. The large antipasti plate was pathetic. The portions were small. The pasta was ok. In spite of our showing up on time and checking in with our name, the restaurant told Open Table we did not show. Not going back.
- This place was a delight.TiaritchVIPDined on 8/4/2011This place was a delight. Walked 4 blocks to see Beach Blanket Babylon afterwards. Had lasagna and the raviolis with mushroom sauce. Both very good. Cannoli for dessert was particularly outstanding. And what a delight to see reasonable prices!Special Features:
- This is the most authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2011This is the most authentic Italian restaurant I've found in northern CA and a personal favorite. If you want formal, forget it. The staff are the real deal. I chat with them in Italian--no second or third generation, these people know how to make you feel like you've just gone for a quick trip to Napoli. Love their seafood! Buon appetito!Special Features:
- after watching anthony bourdin'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/16/2011after watching anthony bourdin's travel to rome, i really wanted traditional cabonara. they had one on the menu, but not traditional. i asked mario, the owner, if he could make one and he said yes. it was awesome. i think it should be on the menu!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2011There is a cheese dish not unlike mozzarella, except Extremely young and creamy served with brocolini. This was sublime. Also the fennel salad was perfecto.Special Features:
- Been a favorite for many yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2011Been a favorite for many years - still a great place for a special night out or a great meal anytime.Special Features:
- We were looking for a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2011We were looking for a little place in North Beach serving Italian food and picked Cafe Macaroni. It felt like an authentic Italian cafe. Service and people in the restaurant were friendly and welcoming. Perfect place to relax and enjoy your food and wine. Nothing fancy, but it was just what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Great restaurant. The waiter/ownerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/14/2011Great restaurant. The waiter/owner was an authentic Italian with all the good things that come with that. the place is small and packed and the staff is friendly. Try the eggplant with ricotta and the spaghetti putanesca. DONT skip the desserts.Special Features:
- From the 31 reviews I readOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2011From the 31 reviews I read in Open Table about this restaurant, I really expected more. Our waiter was fun but seemed distracted. Place looked like it needed a good cleaning. Food just ok. With so many other choices in North Beach, no need to return here.
- I had a wonderful Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011I had a wonderful Mother's Day lunch here. I did not want an big Mothers Day brunch. I did want good pizza and pasta in a small authentic North Beach pizza place and I got exactly what I wanted. We sat inside. It looked like Naples. I heard Italian among the servers. Pizza was perfectly cooked as was the cannoloni and lasagna. The marinated calamari salad was perfect with tender bits of calamari in a light lemon olive oil marinade. The bread came with a garlic compote that we ate two bowls of. The bread was light, crusty & tasted oven fresh. The expresso was hot and bitter. I can't wait to go back. I loved it.Special Features:
- The service and ambiance ofScottBenjaminDined on 4/22/2011The service and ambiance of this San Francisco gem were outstanding. The food was authentically good - the whole experience had an "Italian kitchen" feel. I could not recommend it more highly!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our dinnerSteakLoverVIPDined on 4/16/2011Really enjoyed our dinner here. The owners and staff made us feel right at home and took special care of one in our party with a recently sprained ankle. The food is really terrific, with some unusual options. I want to go back and try their pizza!Special Features:
- Outstanding FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/2/2011People there are salt-of-the-earth. It's like being in Italy with great food, great wine and wonderful people. One of the best meals and experiences we had in San Fran. You have to go try this placeSpecial Features: