136 East Hargett Street
Raleigh, NC 27601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeluna.com/
- Phone: (919) 832-6090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Zagarella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Caffé Luna’s professional catering is also available off-site. Some popular locations include: Marbles Museum, Museum of Natural Science, Museum of History, Tucker House, Art Space, Haywood Hall and Nicole's Studio & Art Gallery.
- Private Party Facilities: The Palm, Tuscan and VIP Rooms have made Caffe Luna a top venue for any event in the Triangle. Luna is the perfect location, whether you require a special setting to celebrate a product launch, a festive atmosphere for a holiday party, or a closed-door session for brainstorming.
- Private Party Contact: Darcey Tinga, Catering Manager 9198326090
A word from Caffe Luna
Situated in a beautiful historic building in downtown Raleigh, Caffé Luna has been bringing authentic Italian cuisine with a Tuscan flair to the Triangle for over a decade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Caffe Luna - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Caffe Luna reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (63)neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (47)good for groups (46)romantic (45)notable wine list (33)hot spot (19)great for lunch (18)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- I enjoyed this restaurantM1SSCVIPDined on 11/14/2014I enjoyed the restaurant. The food was good and the parking lot across the street in convenient for parking since the restaurant is downtown. I likely would have given this restaurant four stars, but my waitress was not the most friendly in the beginning. She acted as if she was not interested in waiting on our table and did not seem to come around until later in the evening. Actually, it was a little closer to when we were about to begin checking out. Other than that, the restaurant was pretty good. The food was good. It was a little noisy and the tables are a bit close together, but not unbearable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, quaint historic buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014Food very good, great downtown spot. Historic building and looks quaint on the outside. Is noisy though. Service was very attentive and food served quickly. Good for groups and date night. As stated before kind of loud. Beer and wine only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't returnRaleighNativeDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I have visited Caffe Luna several times. At each visit we vow to "give it one more chance." They don't honor reservations; we waited almost 20 minutes as we hovered over another family finishing their meal- awkward! The manager gives lame excuses and is not receptive to criticism. The food is hit or miss- at our last visit I had the Black Bass, which was awesome. My wife had the Rigatone with chicken and spinach. The pasta and sauce were great. The chicken was dry and bland. The service itself is also hit or miss. We hear great things from others, but unfortunately we never see those great things ourselves.
- Disappointing VisitPeakway3Dined on 10/30/2014My only issue was the Penne Cappesante that I ordered, it had a very strong fish odor once it got to the table, it had no garlic flavor at all and just seemed to be swimming in watered down oil. The scallops where not much better and seemed to be a bit fishy and just did not have a fresh taste to them. The waitress did not return after our dishes had been served to check on us. I made mention to the busboy that my dish was bad as he noted that I did not eat any of it, but he must not have told anyone of the situation. Very disappointed, as I could not get anyone's attention and went without eating, for me it was not something that would bring me back. I mentioned the meal on the way out and did not get any acknowledgement about it.
- salvoalvo33Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent pasta and very good service. We'll dine there again.Special Features:
- Caffe Lunammcgann1Dined on 10/25/2014Went for our anniversary; food was very good - we both had pasta dishes; the owner went around and spoke to every table which I think is very nice; split the Bailey's cheesecake - delicious! Nice atmosphere - will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I had received a gift certificate from someone up north so had no idea what to expect. The atmosphere was warm yet energetic. My wife ordered the seafood linguini and it was delicious. If you like calamari, this is a must have as it had plenty in it. I ordered veal Parmesan and being a Spanish Italian from New York, I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. It was cooked to my liking as I do enjoy a well cooked veal and the taste was flavorful. I was pleasantly surprised. I will recommend the restaurant to my friends.Special Features:
- OpinionBradn101Dined on 10/17/2014Best Italian food in town, hands down! Service was great, the noise was a little loud but understandable because a company was having a diner party with its employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European atmosphereGood456Dined on 10/17/2014Good food with a European flare...small and close and active.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheleDined on 10/11/2014Very good calamari fritti with great fresh tomato dipping sauce. Lovely green salad and superb lasagna. Lasagna was not as heavy as typically is the case and the flavors were excellent. Friendly good service and overall nice ambiance. Will definitely return. My kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodShannonVIPDined on 10/4/2014Caffe Luna has consistently good food. It's good, not amazing. The service is always good and they have a well priced wine list. We do like the vintage, worn in vibe of the restaurant. Owner is super friendly. I think you won't ever have a bad experience there, it just won't blow you out of the water.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Was very disappointed with Caffe Luna. Very loud. Table much too small for 4 people. Food just okay. Would not recommend.
- try itEatinoutDined on 9/26/2014Food was tasty. Good quality. Pasta dishes were plentiful, but other entrees were small.Anyone with a big appetite would find they were still hungry after dinner. Tiramisu was soggy, like it was recently defrosted so we sent it back for a yummy apple pie. Cappuccino was in a tiny cup and mostly froth and not liquid. The price is fair. Service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe Luna scores againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Fine menu with daily specials. Quality was superb, as always.Special Features:
- Really hit the spotncstategirlDined on 9/19/2014Haven't found good Italian in a while this was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriteJimDDined on 9/19/2014Caffe Luna has been a most reliable favorite of mine for many years. Especially fast service for dining before concerts, plays, etc. Great specials always impress and delicious desserts are a perfect ending.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experienceRaleighDiner89Dined on 9/19/2014Every time I've visited Caffe Luna it's been nothing but wonderful. Their wine list is reasonably priced and the meals are always delicious. The specials offered are always just that, special, and nothing you would find elsewhere. There is always a lively atmosphere perfect for a fun date night or dinner with friends. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Always happy!RaleighiteDined on 9/18/2014Consistently excellent with first class attention to detail from the owner and staff. We have dined here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- excellentoperaballetsubscriberDined on 9/13/2014we dine here before every ballet performance, usually 3 times a season. outstanding service & food! love it.Special Features:
- wonderful nightccardwell86Dined on 9/12/2014We had such a wonderful dinner for our anniversary. Thank you for making our night great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe Luna - Downtown Gem!FloJoDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I and our daughter and her husband recently enjoyed celebrating his birthday at Caffe Luna. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the energy of this lovely Italian Bistro. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and held our table even though we were a few minutes late. I would have given it 5 stars except I felt the chef was a little too heavy on the garlic in a few of the dishes and the mussels were way too small. The fish we had though was cooked to perfection and everything else was wonderful. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Easily my husband and I's favorite restaurant in Raleigh!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014This place was our first date 9 years ago. We make it here every few years. The food is always great and the owner Parker makes sure everyone is having a great experience. I recommend Cafe Luna as a great date restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennisk51VIPDined on 9/5/2014Cafe Luna continues to be among the better restaurants in downtown.Special Features:
- Perfecto!HBearVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have no idea if that's how you say great or perfect in Italian, but that is how you will feel having dined at Caffe Luna. The food was great, the prices reasonable, and Parker (the owner/manager) will be there to make you feel like family. If you haven't visited yet, you owe it to yourself to got to Caffe Luna in a hurry.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceFine2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014I took my family here for dinner on Friday. The restaurant was beautifully decorated. Service was excellent and the food was amazing. I really like how the owner visits each guests table. You can tell he really wants to ensure you have a wonderful dining experience. This is my kids new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian FoodBarbaraDined on 8/29/2014Caffe Luna is very reasonable in price with a nice selection of entrees. Friendly service and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely splendidRocinanteDined on 8/23/2014I have been wanting to go to Cafe Luna for awhile - every time I walk or drive past it, it always looks so elegant and lovely. I finally got a chance to this weekend, and it was just as elegant and lovely as it looked from outside. The food was excellent, the service was impeccable - everyone was extremely courteous and warm, without being overly friendly, which suited the ambiance of the restaurant to a tee. We will definitely be dining there again, and soon, hopefully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Luna DiningCj7941Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service, good menu choice, outstanding food served hot...rare. Food very well prepared. Good wine selection. A totally enjoyable and special experience.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in RaleighlizzieDined on 8/23/2014Caffe Luna is the best Italian restaurant in Raleigh. Food delicious, restored building beautiful, attentive staff & owner, lively feel, and affordable! My favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well made Italian foodMikeGDined on 8/22/2014Real bargain to get a dinner during restaurant week. The food was excellent and the selection great. The service was quite efficient. The decor of the restaurant was simple but nice. Unfortunately the noise level, as stated by other reviewers, was quite high. I have been here before, and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife loved it.That's all that...GoodanniversaryspotDined on 8/22/2014My wife loved it that's all that matters! The staff was very courteous to our anniversary. We were seated close to the window for a city view. The food was very good. Dinner service was well handled too. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- Surprisingluv2eatDined on 8/22/2014Food was good as always. Server was rude which has never happened before and we have been here many times. Also felt like meal was rushed.Special Features:
- Longstanding gemSamVDined on 8/21/2014Raleigh has seen some new restaurants come and go and Caffe Luna has stayed tried and true. Always good food and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Outnclkb123VIPDined on 8/21/2014A fun girl’s night out! John our waiter was as cute a button! He was friendly and helpful! The Chianti, he suggested was awesome as well as my MAIALE RIPIENO! As my grandmother would say…. mangiare mangiareSpecial Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent time! We were there for restaurant week. The service was attentive, friendly, and timely. Meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staff but...GustavoDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful staff and the owner/manager went out of his way to make us feel welcomed and the food was excellent. It is rather loud and makes it difficult to converse. Not ideal for datesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterVIPDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant was very accommodating for our group of 10. Food and service were excellent but noise level got pretty high.Special Features:
- great!AnnaDined on 8/15/2014The fiocchi is delicious! You really can't go wrong with any entrees here, though. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- FoodieforsureDined on 8/8/2014This restuarant has the smallest wine glass I've ever seen. I thought it was a joke when they first brought them out to our table. But I have to say the food was good and very fresh tasting. The chairs were hard and uncomfortable to sit in and the noise level of the restaurant was so loud that we couldn't hear eachother talking. We hadn't been to Cafe Luna in 10 years, I'm not eager to go back any time soon.I would recommend this to a friend.