136 East Hargett Street
Raleigh, NC 27601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafeluna.com/
- Phone: 9198326090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Claudio Zagarella
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Caffé Luna’s professional catering is also available off-site. Some popular locations include: Marbles Museum, Museum of Natural Science, Museum of History, Tucker House, Art Space, Haywood Hall and Nicole's Studio & Art Gallery.
- Private Party Facilities: The Palm, Tuscan and VIP Rooms have made Caffe Luna a top venue for any event in the Triangle. Luna is the perfect location, whether you require a special setting to celebrate a product launch, a festive atmosphere for a holiday party, or a closed-door session for brainstorming.
- Private Party Contact: Darcey Tinga, Catering Manager 9198326090
A word from Caffe Luna
Situated in a beautiful historic building in downtown Raleigh, Caffé Luna has been bringing authentic Italian cuisine with a Tuscan flair to the Triangle for over a decade.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Caffe Luna - Best Restaurants in Raleigh ›
Caffe Luna reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (58)neighborhood gem (53)good for groups (47)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (33)hot spot (19)great for lunch (17)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- wonderful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We had such a wonderful dinner for our anniversary. Thank you for making our night great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe Luna - Downtown Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I and our daughter and her husband recently enjoyed celebrating his birthday at Caffe Luna. The food was wonderful and we enjoyed the energy of this lovely Italian Bistro. The staff was very friendly and accomodating and held our table even though we were a few minutes late. I would have given it 5 stars except I felt the chef was a little too heavy on the garlic in a few of the dishes and the mussels were way too small. The fish we had though was cooked to perfection and everything else was wonderful. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Easily my husband and I's favorite restaurant in Raleigh!Special Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014This place was our first date 9 years ago. We make it here every few years. The food is always great and the owner Parker makes sure everyone is having a great experience. I recommend Cafe Luna as a great date restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dennisk51VIPDined on 9/5/2014Cafe Luna continues to be among the better restaurants in downtown.Special Features:
- Perfecto!HBearVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have no idea if that's how you say great or perfect in Italian, but that is how you will feel having dined at Caffe Luna. The food was great, the prices reasonable, and Parker (the owner/manager) will be there to make you feel like family. If you haven't visited yet, you owe it to yourself to got to Caffe Luna in a hurry.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceFine2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014I took my family here for dinner on Friday. The restaurant was beautifully decorated. Service was excellent and the food was amazing. I really like how the owner visits each guests table. You can tell he really wants to ensure you have a wonderful dining experience. This is my kids new favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian FoodBarbaraDined on 8/29/2014Caffe Luna is very reasonable in price with a nice selection of entrees. Friendly service and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely splendidRocinanteDined on 8/23/2014I have been wanting to go to Cafe Luna for awhile - every time I walk or drive past it, it always looks so elegant and lovely. I finally got a chance to this weekend, and it was just as elegant and lovely as it looked from outside. The food was excellent, the service was impeccable - everyone was extremely courteous and warm, without being overly friendly, which suited the ambiance of the restaurant to a tee. We will definitely be dining there again, and soon, hopefully!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Luna DiningCj7941Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent service, good menu choice, outstanding food served hot...rare. Food very well prepared. Good wine selection. A totally enjoyable and special experience.Special Features:
- Best Italian Restaurant in RaleighlizzieDined on 8/23/2014Caffe Luna is the best Italian restaurant in Raleigh. Food delicious, restored building beautiful, attentive staff & owner, lively feel, and affordable! My favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well made Italian foodMikeGDined on 8/22/2014Real bargain to get a dinner during restaurant week. The food was excellent and the selection great. The service was quite efficient. The decor of the restaurant was simple but nice. Unfortunately the noise level, as stated by other reviewers, was quite high. I have been here before, and will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife loved it.That's all that...GoodanniversaryspotDined on 8/22/2014My wife loved it that's all that matters! The staff was very courteous to our anniversary. We were seated close to the window for a city view. The food was very good. Dinner service was well handled too. Great overall experience.Special Features:
- Surprisingluv2eatDined on 8/22/2014Food was good as always. Server was rude which has never happened before and we have been here many times. Also felt like meal was rushed.Special Features:
- Longstanding gemSamVDined on 8/21/2014Raleigh has seen some new restaurants come and go and Caffe Luna has stayed tried and true. Always good food and a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Outnclkb123VIPDined on 8/21/2014A fun girl’s night out! John our waiter was as cute a button! He was friendly and helpful! The Chianti, he suggested was awesome as well as my MAIALE RIPIENO! As my grandmother would say…. mangiare mangiareSpecial Features:
- Wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Excellent time! We were there for restaurant week. The service was attentive, friendly, and timely. Meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and staff but...GustavoDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful staff and the owner/manager went out of his way to make us feel welcomed and the food was excellent. It is rather loud and makes it difficult to converse. Not ideal for datesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant was very accommodating for our group of 10. Food and service were excellent but noise level got pretty high.Special Features:
- great!AnnaDined on 8/15/2014The fiocchi is delicious! You really can't go wrong with any entrees here, though. Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- FoodieforsureDined on 8/8/2014This restuarant has the smallest wine glass I've ever seen. I thought it was a joke when they first brought them out to our table. But I have to say the food was good and very fresh tasting. The chairs were hard and uncomfortable to sit in and the noise level of the restaurant was so loud that we couldn't hear eachother talking. We hadn't been to Cafe Luna in 10 years, I'm not eager to go back any time soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulRedskinsfan22Dined on 8/7/2014Cafe Luna is always a safe bet, consistently great food and very good service. The owner stops by to welcome you & chat every time I've been. One of our very favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I was very impressed with the manager & or owner of Caffe Luna. He made my husband & I feel like VIP. Enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Making nights more memorableWD40Dined on 8/2/2014Cafe Luna played a part in my new fiance and I celebrating our engagement. While we did not tell anyone at the restaurant specifically why we had made the reservation with her parents, sister, and brother in law they caught on to what we were celebrating and jumped in to make the night that much more special. The staff and owner were both outstanding and they even brought out a complimentary dessert to help us put a perfect ending on a special night. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Caffe Luna Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/2/2014I am very picky about Italian food, my wife is Sicilian and we know good Italian! Caffe Luna was all we hoped for and more. I asked about the veal and was assured "you can cut it with a fork", and it was that tender and lean. The entrée with pears and pasta was also great, and the Tartufo was amazing. The wine prices were very reasonable and a wonderful meal was had by all at our table. We will return and quite often, the owner was very helpful and justly so proud of the cuisine. This is the best Italian food in the triangle!Special Features:
- First Friday FavoriteCoastToCoastCarrieDined on 8/1/2014Line out the door on the First Friday night downtown. We were seated as soon as we got in the door. Service was prompt and food delicious.Special Features:
- excellent serviceJerseyGirlDined on 7/31/2014The food was delicious and we had excellent service! We explained to the server that we were seeing a movie at a particular time; he made sure that we had our meals and had plenty of time to enjoy them. He was conscientious about placing the check at the appropriate time on the table for when we were ready. In addition, the owner made his rounds to us and confirmed that we were happy with both the meal and the service. This is a restaurant that families with small children should avoid in order to be courteous to the customers who would want to enjoy the ambiance and a romantic evening without disruptions that may occur from small children.Special Features:
- This Place is Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We've eaten here a few times now and both the food and service have been fantastic each time. The prices are very reasonable. This is a great place for a family dinner or a night out with your special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteArmenicruxDined on 7/25/2014The service was good and friendly. The food was not very special. The prices were ok. I remember having been there before (3 times in 2 months, in 2010), and it seemed a lot better back then. The pasta was good, the food was hot.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingpoohbearDined on 7/25/2014I was looking forward to trying this restaurant. I had heard so many good things about it. My family and I went on a Friday night, it was extremely crowded and noisy. The noise level was too high to even have a normal converstaion. Our table was in the middle of the room where the waiters passed by constantly. It was a bit annoying. I felt as though the waitress rushed us. My pasta was good, but needed something extra. Everyone else did not enjoy their pasta with crabmeat. They said it was not very flavorful. I don't think I will return.Special Features:
- A great evening!finstwrt63Dined on 7/24/2014There were 4 in our party. We had a comfortable table, in the front were we could see the street traffic. It was quiet, probably helped by the fact that there had just been some heavy rain storms, that may have suppressed the crowds a bit, but in any case it was great to be able to carry on pleasant conversation easily. The server was very helpful with specials., wine, etc. The food was fantastic - authentic and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe LunaDrummeratorDined on 7/18/2014Menu offers variety/something for everyone. (I don't have an opinion about the wine list since I didn't study it.) Service was very attentive and quick (but not rushed). Quality ingredients/prep/presentation/TASTE! Overall, a fine dining experience for the four of us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Very nice. Atmosphere was great. Great service and delicious food. I would recommend to family and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeManzell357Dined on 6/28/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The service was great and the food was incredible. We went early before the crowd and truly enjoyed it. The owner was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit was as good as the 1st!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014This was my wife and I's second visit after and we are still impressed with how well the service, food and ambience. This occasion was for anniversary and we love food. We'll definitely be coming back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italian GoodnessOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Only complaint was that the bread wasn't as crusty and chewy as I like it. The food was great - creamy fresh delicious pasta and sauces. Inexpensive wine - great value.Special Features:
- Caffe luna does it again!luvgr8foodDined on 6/21/2014Awesome food & service!! Wonderful dining experience!! Love coming here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe Luna ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Delicious food/wine/dessert & great service! The only thing off was we had a small table in a somewhat crowded dining room. I would have preferred something a little more private/romantic, but everything was delicious so it really didn't matter after all. Thanks!Special Features:
- A true gem!GlutenFreeGuyDined on 6/14/2014Love this place. The owner, staff, and food are great! Had our wedding reception there and go back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time but not the last timeMrsCatfishHagenDined on 6/14/2014Food was delicious, service was very good. Good place to have drinks, dinner and a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.