Caffe Luna Rosa
34 South Ocean Blvd.
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Luna Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffelunarosa.com/index.php
- Phone: 5612749404
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 7:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ernesto DiBlasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a party?? We will gladly customize a menu for you and have your food ready for pick up or delivered and served by our professional staff. Call 561-274-8898 ex. 12 for your party needs.
- Entertainment: Tuesday and Wednesday nights: Eric Hansen- Flamenco Guitar
- Cross Street: Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Free Downtown Shuttle is available along Atlantic Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Our valet service is located at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and A1A. The cost is $5 with a validation or $2 for our VIP card members. Ask about our free VIP program.
A word from Caffe Luna Rosa
South Florida's Top Seaside Italian Restaurant. A magnificent ocean view sets the scene at Caffe Luna Rosa where delicious, authentic Italian cuisine and impeccable tableside service provide an unforgettable dining experience. From homemade pastas to delicate sauces, prime meats, fresh local seafood and whole fish specials, you will savor the essence of an Italian bistro. Enjoy a dynamic full service bar with signature cocktails and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Open 7 days, serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Weekend Brunch. Live Entertainment. Valet parking. Awarded Best Italian, Best Oceanfront and Best Outdoor Dining by Boca Raton Magazine Reader's Choice awards. Free VIP program available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Caffe Luna Rosa - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Caffe Luna Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (69)scenic view (65)neighborhood gem (44)great for brunch (35)special occasion (34)fit for foodies (33)romantic (31)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (22)hot spot (21)good for groups (19)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- A1A GemDonDonDined on 8/28/2014We have vacationed in this area for years and we come back to Cafe Luna every year and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- STEPHANIE7BOBDined on 8/23/2014great place for dinner.outside dinning was excellantSpecial Features:
- Just plain good!BuddyDined on 8/23/2014Meets every criteria for a very nice night with a loved one or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as NY, NJ and Nana's kigchenHubbiesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wow, what a find. We went for the Sunday Night Feast & it was just that. The meal started with fresh baked bread served with an oil & garlic dip. It was absolutely fantastic. For an appetizer we had caprese salad. The tomatoes were fresh & tasty. Our dinner was meatballs with ricotta cheese and the Sunday night feast. The pasta was cooked perfectly the meatballs, sausage & pork were slow simmered to enhance the taste of every component. We took at least half of the meal home so that we made room for dessert. Without a doubt this was THE BEST Tiramisu we have EVER had. Sorry Nana, Aunt Rose and Aunt Lucy but Casa De Angelo gave you a run for your money. You can be sure that we will become regulars at this authentic establishment.Special Features:
- WowYankee2Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and we had a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went for dinner Saturday night.Everything was excellent as always. The food was amazing we really enjoyed it.Our waitress Gabriella was wonderful.Special Features:
- consistently goodDonUDined on 8/2/2014We enjoy Luna Rosa. Food is consistently good. Service is always good and friendly. My only caution is that while most entrees are $20- $30 the specials tend to run over $40. You need to ask the price as the waiters do not include in their description. They are worth the price, just don't be surprised if you don't ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual side dishWave63Dined on 8/1/2014It was a bit strange that an Italian restaurant had brown rice as the main side on 80% of menu. Pasta was available at a $6 extra charge... Found it to be unusual. Several customers around us also made note of that & actually complained to management. Restaurant has great location but probably will not visit again.
- Excellent choiceSheljohnDined on 7/28/2014We went for breakfast for the first time and were impressed with both the food and ambiance! Will definitely be returning and have already referred people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was okay but for the price, the ambience was not that good.Special Features:
- 2nd visit--not our final one thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Luna Rosa is a treasure. The managerial and wait staff are engaging, fully embracing the true meaning of service industry. The food is extremely good, with fresh seafood and produce properly prepared. To add to the experience, we sat on the patio with our Golden Retriever and enjoyed the live guitar and the breeze from the Atlantic.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysbergmanteamDined on 7/20/2014I have dined here many many times over the last 15 years and every time is memorable. One in our party had to return her dish because it was not what she expected and the Maitre d was so accommodating and nice that you would have thought that we asked to have another instead of a replacement. I will recommend this place for ever. I LOVE IT !!!!Special Features:
- Great locationKariDined on 7/19/2014Great beachfront location. Friendly, attentive service. Stick with Italian food....large menu. Lively vibe. Parking is tough on Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Cale Luna Rosa76BluehenDined on 7/13/2014My daughter had just moved to Boca Raton and we were looking for a great place for dinner. Man, were we seriously NOT disappointed. We were seated promptly at an outside table with a view of the ocean. Server arrived promptly and was excellent throughout the entire meal. Present when needed but always at the right times. We started with the Arugula salad. Not sure where they get they arugula from but it was the best I had ever tasted. Then on to entrees. Three - Pasta with Vodka sauce, Mahi Francese style with an extra side of pasta and the real treat from my wife. She had the colossal shrimp stuffed with crabmeat. They were huge and she raved through every single bite. Tiramasu and excellent cheesecake to end. We loved it all.Special Features:
- Top Starslibby561Dined on 7/11/2014Although a little on the costly side, we enjoyed every facet of it. We were lucky to get a table looking over the ocean. Our server took care of our every need.Watching the chief deboning the fish was a great experience.Special Features:
- First time for DinnerDelrayDollVIPDined on 7/5/2014Have been several times for Sunday brunch but this was first for dinner. Hubby had the Sunday prime special which he liked; I had the yellowtail snapper. Yummy. Very nice pour of wine (approx. 8 oz). Next time I might try that colossal shrimp dish!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014We took our Golden Retriever to Luna Rosa; the owner gave us a large outdoor table so the boy could stretch out. The food is quite good and the mostly Italian wine list is funky and fun. The broccoli rabe/Italian sausage appetizer is wonderful. It's hard to beat pasta and shellfish, both properly cooked. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- They don't honor reservations71sxDined on 6/29/2014Their website links to open table but they don't honor the reservation you make. I had the South Pacific pancake special. They were dry and the fruit and pineapple syrup were uninspired in preparation and presentation. My companion had the French toast which was made from thin sliced challah bread and a bit dry as well. The restaurant is very popular but our selections were quite dull and rather mediocre.Special Features:
- Great servicePresspalDined on 6/28/2014Our server Gabe was awesome. We've had Gabe before snd he remembers what we like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatmmdoug1Dined on 6/28/2014Food,service superb! We will defiantly be back. Next time hope to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapontedDined on 6/27/2014We were very disappointed. It took our waitress a very long time to come and ask what we would like to drink.the drinks took also very long to come. We ordered wine and club soda with cranberry juice. Nothing special. Again after a while they brought out the bread. Finally the waitress came and took our order. She was in a hurry. When our meals arrived two orders out of three were wrong. The bus boy changed one but we had to wait for the waitress to come and she insisted what she wrote is what was ordered. It was not. She was very dissmissive and walked away. This is not my first time at the restaurant and I was extremely embarrassed since it was my recommendation. We did tip her 20 0/0 but she did not deserve it.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Delray!delrayfanVIPDined on 6/26/2014Luna Rosa is consistently great food. The fresh seafood is always fantastic, but the pasta bolognese is incredible. The service is always first class and the place has a nice casual vibe. This is a mandatory stop for all my visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingndprprincesaDined on 6/25/2014Service was spectacular, waiter was sweet and very accommodating, food was divine and outdoor seating was beautiful. Could not have had a better night!!!Special Features:
- Great Sunday evening mealfranktbDined on 6/22/2014First time trying this restaurant, and not disappointed!! Brought wife here to celebrate her birthday - she loved it! Seated outside with nice view of the ocean. A little noisy street traffic, but worth it for the view and the ocean breeze. Food was very good, enjoyed a nice appetizer of fried calamari - done in a different way (with squash, zucchini and arugula) which we enjoyed very much. Entrees chosen: Rigatoni with Sunday meat "gravy" and special made pasta alla vodka with pancetta... excellent! Pistacchio gelato - homemade... terrific!! And nice friendly patrons as well... all in all, a great night. We will be trying the other great selections on the menu when we return. Thank you Gabriela for making it a great experience!Special Features:
- Expectations were highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I made a reservation to celebrate my birthday and my expectations were high (from reading the reviews online) and I am sorry to say I did not enjoy my night. The server did not introduce himself and left us waiting for a long time before he came to ask what we wanted to drink. Even though he had to pass right by us it was hard to get his attention to order the food. I really wanted to like this place, but I did not happen. We were left unattended for the majority of the night, the food was good, not different from a chain restaurant, just more expensive. One a positive note the server took the calamari off the tab because we could not eat because it was extremely salty.Special Features:
- Dinner by the waterlibby561Dined on 6/21/2014Dinner overlooking the water was fabulous. Excellent service, great menu choices and wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- Deja Vu DeliciousFinickyFoodieDined on 6/20/2014The entire dining experience at CLR is great time and time again. I took one of my daughters (14) before sending her off to camp and we had a fantastic time. The Ocean View, appetizer, main course and chocolate ganache dessert were perfect just like the last time and every time I dine at CLR. A Delray dining must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GooddelraydinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Cafe Luna Rosa never fails. We have not been there for dinner in quite some time and it was a real treat. Our meals were outstanding and the service was even better! Long term employees have an ownership interest in the restaurant and it surely shows in the service from the bus boys, runners and waiters. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Cafe over-ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Food was quite delicious, however the host was not welcoming and the waiter was pushy. He described the "specials" and made a recommendation, however, we had selected other entrees instead. He relentlessly stated that the special was "way better." I asked him if it was more expensive and he answered sarcastically, "Well of course it's more expensive!". Description on line said "panoramic view of the Atlantic. Not quite!Special Features:
- Caffe Lune RosaKSilver22Dined on 6/15/2014We had reservations on Father's Day for 5pm for 5 people. We can directly from the beach, in our coverups and shorts and sat outside. Weather was lovely, view was great and the food was terrific. Everyone was happy with their choice, had a fun waiter and enjoyed two-for-one drinks from 5-6. Great choice and we will return again!Special Features:
- My Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014Food wonderful! Ambience great! Service, attentiveness of staff could not be better. It is ALWAYS service with a smile. You feel good from the moment you are greeted at the door until you leave.Special Features:
- Dining by the Oceanoji61Dined on 6/14/2014Very pleasant dining experience, across from the beach. Nice choice of food, good food, pleasant service nice "Beachy" atmosphereSpecial Features:
- 91st birthday3frequentdinersDined on 6/14/2014We took our vibrant 91 yo uncle for his birthday on June 14th. He ordered a $130 bottle of wine. When I asked if they do anything for a birthday, our waitress said yes. I asked that it just not be chocolate, as he doesn't like chocolate. She asked him if cheese cake would be ok and he said yes. She brought the cheese cakeand then the bill. They charged $10 for the cheesecake!! I told her and she said "yes, that's right!" I wish I had time to say "the why didn't you give us the menu to chose what we wanted to spend $10 on!? One would think that with a $130 bottle of wine purchased for a 91st birthday they might have comped a piece of cake!!2 strikes! But of course they have location! We just won't be back. Too bad, food was good.Special Features:
- A must tryDeeCatDined on 6/7/2014Excellent service, very pleasant waitstaff. Good menu selection both food and drink. Well prepared and nicely presented dishes at moderate prices. A little noisy in the bar, but outside seating was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond Compare!TPOTDined on 6/6/2014Whether it be Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch or Dinner, this is the place to go. I guarantee, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2014Now I understood why the wait is always so long there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great locationJD81621Dined on 5/31/2014We were late for our reservation and they were so accommodating and still managed to get us a great table outside! I wish I could remember the host that sat us, he is from Chicago? He really was awesome! We will be back next time we are in FL for sure!Special Features:
- BEST ITALIANFoodie2foodieDined on 5/29/2014Cannot wait to return. Everything we ordered was perfectly prepared and the house bread with toasted garlic in oil is really unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, not so good serviceNorthernFoodieDined on 5/27/2014We enjoyed declicious taglitelle bolognese and the garlic olive oil spread got the bread was a nice touch. Outdoor seating was great. Problem was service. Our waiter wouldn't help us pick a glass of wine unless we were interested in the most expensive wine on the menu and just walked away. We had to beg to get pamesean cheese on our pasta. Coffee showed up at table we didn't order. It was not a busy night. While food showed up quickly waitstaff seemed to not really care .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable diningYayaDined on 5/27/2014We met old friends for a reunion recently, and were seated outside at the restaurant. Our waiter was attentive and helpful. The wines by the glass are limited, but adequate and the food was very good. A bit pricey, but an enjoyable dinner on a balmy Florida evening!Special Features: