Caffe Luna Rosa
34 South Ocean Blvd.
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Luna Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffelunarosa.com/index.php
- Phone: 5612749404
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 7:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ernesto DiBlasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a party?? We will gladly customize a menu for you and have your food ready for pick up or delivered and served by our professional staff. Call 561-274-8898 ex. 12 for your party needs.
- Entertainment: Tuesday and Wednesday nights: Eric Hansen- Flamenco Guitar
- Cross Street: Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Free Downtown Shuttle is available along Atlantic Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Our valet service is located at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and A1A. The cost is $5 with a validation or $2 for our VIP card members. Ask about our free VIP program.
A word from Caffe Luna Rosa
South Florida's Top Seaside Italian Restaurant. A magnificent ocean view sets the scene at Caffe Luna Rosa where delicious, authentic Italian cuisine and impeccable tableside service provide an unforgettable dining experience. From homemade pastas to delicate sauces, prime meats, fresh local seafood and whole fish specials, you will savor the essence of an Italian bistro. Enjoy a dynamic full service bar with signature cocktails and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Open 7 days, serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Weekend Brunch. Live Entertainment. Valet parking. Awarded Best Italian, Best Oceanfront and Best Outdoor Dining by Boca Raton Magazine Reader's Choice awards. Free VIP program available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Caffe Luna Rosa - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Caffe Luna Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (74)scenic view (68)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (38)great for brunch (36)romantic (36)great for lunch (26)hot spot (24)notable wine list (23)good for groups (17)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- luna rosa delray beachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014my wife and i had a fabulous meal outside. the food was excellent. i had a shrimp special. each shrimp was literally as large as a lobster tail. sean was a great waiter.Special Features:
- Wonderful Seaside RestaurantPleasedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Nice place as always to sit and have a nice lunch and or dinner at the ocean front. People watching and magnificent breeze with great food overall. Excellent service !Special Features:
- Fabulous food & Franco too!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014Because of its location and the fabulous reviews, my husband and I decided to try this wonderful restaurant. We called the same day for a reservation and Franco was beyond warm and inviting over the phone. When we got there, the place was quite lively and as promised, Franco gave us a great table! Rebecca was our server and not only was she knowledgeable about all of the food items, she was personality plus on the social level as well! We had the mixed seafood special over linguini. I had the white wine sauce and my husband had the tomato sauce. Fabulous!!! The sea food was cooked perfectly & the linguine al dente! For dessert, homemade pistachio gelato and a decadent chocolate dessert. We both loved them!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view was the best...ColossalshrimpDined on 9/10/2014The food was ok, beware of the specials, make sure you ask for the price. We were shocked to find our tab and be careful when asked for add ons. This place knows how to up charge you without letting you know of any pricing difference....we basically paid twice as much as what we thought we were getting even down to the water. The wait staff was fabulous, but our server didn't really explain anything and the man in the front was rude at entry and at leaving... He must own it, otherwise he shouldn't be there... I have dined at a lot of fine dining establishments and this was not one... Although my date said that their lunches and brunch are fabulous....Special Features:
- peter heroldpeteDined on 9/7/2014A very nice dinning experience. The food was high quality.Eating by the ocean was scenic. The Scallop special was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLillyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Hadn't been here for a long time. We were pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious, the service professional and friendly. We don't recall why we stopped going there but will definitely put it on our list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!grubmanDined on 9/4/2014Excellent & efficient service by the whole wait staff. Food was very good & obviously fresh. Was prime rib night. One of us had that, beautiful, large cut with unbelievable creamed corn! Calamari app. was terrific. Was fresh cut & served with zucchini strips & arugula, flash fried. Very inventive. Giant prawns stuffed with crab meat, was top notch. Only slight complaint was the veal chop was a little small & fatty. But all & all a wonderful meal & experience. If you have room, the desserts are great, especially the key lime tart!Special Features:
- Amazing every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Whenever we make it to Delray or the surrounding area, we hit up Luna Rosa AT LEAST once. The food is so fresh - it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the BeachreviewsDined on 8/31/2014Great location on the beach. I found the food to be exceptional and service good. Great meatballs extensive wine list. I would go back. Great place to spend a night while sitting outside.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We went over the Labor Day weekend. The restaurant was very noisy. The food was very good, the portions were satisfactory, and the service was excellent. I have a problem with meals that are completely a la carte in that the costs of salads and side dishes increase the overall pricing of the meal to a level that I find to be out of line. The price of the entrees was very fair.Special Features:
- superb especially seafood and pastaDelray67VIPDined on 8/30/2014A chef recommended Luna Rosa... For good reason! One of the best places in the region, period. Bolognese is best I've had. Love the fresh seafood that is incorporated into various dishes. The colossal shrimp is a must!Special Features:
- fnjacobsVIPDined on 8/30/2014It was an anniversary dinner & CLR came through with flying colors. We asked for an outside table, and got a great one. Even though the restaurant was packed on a Saturday night, you can have a conversation. The food was outstanding, the view is perfect, and everything went as planned. They even brought us a nice piece of cheesecake to celebrate our occasion. I had dined there before; my wife had not. We will make this one of our regular rotation spots.Special Features:
- RonnahopeVIPDined on 8/30/2014This visit found the food bland and tasteless. We have eaten here before, and there was a huge difference in taste and quality. I don't know what happened but I will not go back. Also, the air conditioning was apparently not working.
- Great for Dinner TooTmq54VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband, kids and I LOVE Caffe Luna Rosa for breakfast. As hard as it is to believe, they are even more amazing for dinner. Perfect for a special occasion which it was this past weekend when we celebrated my inlaws 57th wedding anniversary. They gave us the perfect table and the food and total evening was wonderful. Thanks for making the evening special.Special Features:
- A1A GemDonDonDined on 8/28/2014We have vacationed in this area for years and we come back to Cafe Luna every year and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- STEPHANIE7BOBDined on 8/23/2014great place for dinner.outside dinning was excellantSpecial Features:
- Just plain good!BuddyDined on 8/23/2014Meets every criteria for a very nice night with a loved one or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as NY, NJ and Nana's kigchenHubbiesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wow, what a find. We went for the Sunday Night Feast & it was just that. The meal started with fresh baked bread served with an oil & garlic dip. It was absolutely fantastic. For an appetizer we had caprese salad. The tomatoes were fresh & tasty. Our dinner was meatballs with ricotta cheese and the Sunday night feast. The pasta was cooked perfectly the meatballs, sausage & pork were slow simmered to enhance the taste of every component. We took at least half of the meal home so that we made room for dessert. Without a doubt this was THE BEST Tiramisu we have EVER had. Sorry Nana, Aunt Rose and Aunt Lucy but Casa De Angelo gave you a run for your money. You can be sure that we will become regulars at this authentic establishment.Special Features:
- WowYankee2Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and we had a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went for dinner Saturday night.Everything was excellent as always. The food was amazing we really enjoyed it.Our waitress Gabriella was wonderful.Special Features:
- consistently goodDonUDined on 8/2/2014We enjoy Luna Rosa. Food is consistently good. Service is always good and friendly. My only caution is that while most entrees are $20- $30 the specials tend to run over $40. You need to ask the price as the waiters do not include in their description. They are worth the price, just don't be surprised if you don't ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual side dishWave63Dined on 8/1/2014It was a bit strange that an Italian restaurant had brown rice as the main side on 80% of menu. Pasta was available at a $6 extra charge... Found it to be unusual. Several customers around us also made note of that & actually complained to management. Restaurant has great location but probably will not visit again.
- Excellent choiceSheljohnDined on 7/28/2014We went for breakfast for the first time and were impressed with both the food and ambiance! Will definitely be returning and have already referred people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was okay but for the price, the ambience was not that good.Special Features:
- 2nd visit--not our final one thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Luna Rosa is a treasure. The managerial and wait staff are engaging, fully embracing the true meaning of service industry. The food is extremely good, with fresh seafood and produce properly prepared. To add to the experience, we sat on the patio with our Golden Retriever and enjoyed the live guitar and the breeze from the Atlantic.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysbergmanteamDined on 7/20/2014I have dined here many many times over the last 15 years and every time is memorable. One in our party had to return her dish because it was not what she expected and the Maitre d was so accommodating and nice that you would have thought that we asked to have another instead of a replacement. I will recommend this place for ever. I LOVE IT !!!!Special Features:
- Great locationKariDined on 7/19/2014Great beachfront location. Friendly, attentive service. Stick with Italian food....large menu. Lively vibe. Parking is tough on Sat night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Cale Luna Rosa76BluehenDined on 7/13/2014My daughter had just moved to Boca Raton and we were looking for a great place for dinner. Man, were we seriously NOT disappointed. We were seated promptly at an outside table with a view of the ocean. Server arrived promptly and was excellent throughout the entire meal. Present when needed but always at the right times. We started with the Arugula salad. Not sure where they get they arugula from but it was the best I had ever tasted. Then on to entrees. Three - Pasta with Vodka sauce, Mahi Francese style with an extra side of pasta and the real treat from my wife. She had the colossal shrimp stuffed with crabmeat. They were huge and she raved through every single bite. Tiramasu and excellent cheesecake to end. We loved it all.Special Features:
- Top Starslibby561Dined on 7/11/2014Although a little on the costly side, we enjoyed every facet of it. We were lucky to get a table looking over the ocean. Our server took care of our every need.Watching the chief deboning the fish was a great experience.Special Features:
- First time for DinnerDelrayDollVIPDined on 7/5/2014Have been several times for Sunday brunch but this was first for dinner. Hubby had the Sunday prime special which he liked; I had the yellowtail snapper. Yummy. Very nice pour of wine (approx. 8 oz). Next time I might try that colossal shrimp dish!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014We took our Golden Retriever to Luna Rosa; the owner gave us a large outdoor table so the boy could stretch out. The food is quite good and the mostly Italian wine list is funky and fun. The broccoli rabe/Italian sausage appetizer is wonderful. It's hard to beat pasta and shellfish, both properly cooked. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- They don't honor reservations71sxDined on 6/29/2014Their website links to open table but they don't honor the reservation you make. I had the South Pacific pancake special. They were dry and the fruit and pineapple syrup were uninspired in preparation and presentation. My companion had the French toast which was made from thin sliced challah bread and a bit dry as well. The restaurant is very popular but our selections were quite dull and rather mediocre.Special Features:
- Great servicePresspalDined on 6/28/2014Our server Gabe was awesome. We've had Gabe before snd he remembers what we like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatmmdoug1Dined on 6/28/2014Food,service superb! We will defiantly be back. Next time hope to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapontedDined on 6/27/2014We were very disappointed. It took our waitress a very long time to come and ask what we would like to drink.the drinks took also very long to come. We ordered wine and club soda with cranberry juice. Nothing special. Again after a while they brought out the bread. Finally the waitress came and took our order. She was in a hurry. When our meals arrived two orders out of three were wrong. The bus boy changed one but we had to wait for the waitress to come and she insisted what she wrote is what was ordered. It was not. She was very dissmissive and walked away. This is not my first time at the restaurant and I was extremely embarrassed since it was my recommendation. We did tip her 20 0/0 but she did not deserve it.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Delray!delrayfanVIPDined on 6/26/2014Luna Rosa is consistently great food. The fresh seafood is always fantastic, but the pasta bolognese is incredible. The service is always first class and the place has a nice casual vibe. This is a mandatory stop for all my visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingndprprincesaDined on 6/25/2014Service was spectacular, waiter was sweet and very accommodating, food was divine and outdoor seating was beautiful. Could not have had a better night!!!Special Features:
- Great Sunday evening mealfranktbDined on 6/22/2014First time trying this restaurant, and not disappointed!! Brought wife here to celebrate her birthday - she loved it! Seated outside with nice view of the ocean. A little noisy street traffic, but worth it for the view and the ocean breeze. Food was very good, enjoyed a nice appetizer of fried calamari - done in a different way (with squash, zucchini and arugula) which we enjoyed very much. Entrees chosen: Rigatoni with Sunday meat "gravy" and special made pasta alla vodka with pancetta... excellent! Pistacchio gelato - homemade... terrific!! And nice friendly patrons as well... all in all, a great night. We will be trying the other great selections on the menu when we return. Thank you Gabriela for making it a great experience!Special Features:
- Expectations were highOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I made a reservation to celebrate my birthday and my expectations were high (from reading the reviews online) and I am sorry to say I did not enjoy my night. The server did not introduce himself and left us waiting for a long time before he came to ask what we wanted to drink. Even though he had to pass right by us it was hard to get his attention to order the food. I really wanted to like this place, but I did not happen. We were left unattended for the majority of the night, the food was good, not different from a chain restaurant, just more expensive. One a positive note the server took the calamari off the tab because we could not eat because it was extremely salty.Special Features:
- Dinner by the waterlibby561Dined on 6/21/2014Dinner overlooking the water was fabulous. Excellent service, great menu choices and wonderful ambience.Special Features: