26 E. 84th Street
New York, NY 10028Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffegrazie.com/
- Phone: 2127174407
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Mandell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Specialty platters (appetizers, entrees, desserts) delivered to your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: C.Grazie is located in a beautiful townhouse steps off of Madison Avenue. We offer the perfect venue for hosting a private event that feels like it's in your own home. Our professional and courteous staff compliments our fine Italian cuisine. We pride ourselves in making each event special.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Mandell 2127174407
A word from C.Grazie
C.Grazie is a lively cafe, located steps from Madison Avenue and Central Park, serving sumptuous Italian cuisine in a two floor townhouse setting. Perfect for dinner with friends and family, or a quick lunch after a visit to the nearby Metropolitan Museum.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
C.Grazie reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (19)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (12)romantic (11)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (8)scenic view (7)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Very Good Italian FoodJanDVIPDined on 8/10/2014The food is delicious and the setting lovely. It looks like an old townhouse. We asked for a quiet table and got it.I had veal scaloppine and my friends had salmon and all of us were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable spotmudirDined on 7/14/2014The area around Madison and 86th is not well supplied with restaurants that are both good and reasonably priced. Caffe Grazie is both. Its strengths are in salads, pastas, and pizzas; there are always one or two excellent soups. This week there was a three-course Restaurant Week special even before Restaurant Week; my goat cheese over greens (a good perennial), tilapia francese, and hazelnut gelato made a perfect lunch, with good (not excessive) portion sizes.Special Features:
- Value for the moneysomebodyVIPDined on 7/14/2014It seemed to us that their prices have gone up significantly. The salad was not worth $24!Special Features:
- Always a great timeJerseyGirlDined on 6/28/2014I have been here several times for lunch with my friends. The party size has ranged from 2 to 6. The food is excellant, the service is great and attentive. We often go when we are at the Metropolitan. This rest. is a real find in the upper east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Museum Row FindJML228VIPDined on 6/28/2014My friends and I were looking to a restaurant to meet for brunch/lunch that was close to the Met and that would allow us plenty of time to "catch up". Caffee Grazie was perfect. Just a block away from the Museum with food that was super all around. Great combinations, wonderful presentation and attentive staff. I would definitely recommend the restaurant and will be sure to dine there again when in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/25/2014My salad was very fresh but pretty modest in size--not special in any waySpecial Features:
- DependableBobbieVIPDined on 6/18/2014for both food and service and as ever location,location,location certainly brings in the crowds at lunchtime. The restaurant is only a block from the Met and makes the perfect starting point for a lovely afternoon. Food is good and fairly priced for the neighborhood and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HelenVIPDined on 6/13/2014Had the prix fixe offerings: Caesar salad, goat cheese, trenette bolognese and salmon. Everything was delicious and the tiramisu for dessert was delicious. Our first time there and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastsideVIPDined on 6/7/2014While expensive for dinner, I love Caffe Grazie for lunch, especially when visiting the Metropolitan Museum.Special Features:
- luvcelebrateDined on 6/3/2014Convenient pleasant informal spot for lunch, brunch, casual dinner if you are in the neighborhood. Ideal for museum-goers in the area, or window shopping along Madison. Ask for a quiet table. I go frequently especially when meeting a friend for lunch. Upstairs near the window and downstairs back offer more quiet, privacy.Special Features:
- not satisfiedjayneamiDined on 5/29/2014Thought Caffe Grazie would be ideal to meet before going to the Met. Unfortunately we sat for 1 hour waiting for our lunch to arrive. The waitress was lacking in her ability to help. The hostess denied that we waited and then blamed my daughter for ordering pizza. If it takes an hour to prepare a dish we should have been notified upon ordering. The portions were tiny and it was completely overpriced. They took my coffee and soda off the bill. We had a good laugh...total lunch 4 points on weight watchers! Lol
- The following 549 reviews are from the C.Grazie reviews archive.
- Excellent serviceLaneyVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our waitress, Jill, provided superior service. We love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/16/2014Tables too close together. Otherwise great. Should have gotten extra wait staff to deal with large group having party as it sloeed down service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem near the Metropolitan MuseumCTfoodieDined on 5/12/2014Was looking for a place to have lunch near the Metropolitan Museum of Art and saw all the good reviews of Caffe Grazie. I am happy to report the restaurant lived up to its billing. We had asked for a quiet table, which we got, and the food and service for impeccable. I highly recommend the Italian bento box lunch, which comes with a choice of soup or salad, a panini, and dessert. The entree salads are also a good choice. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Highly recommendedNikolaiDined on 5/7/2014I'm always impressed with the excellent food and super service we get at Caffe Grazie. The food is well-presented, very tasty, and delicious. The servers were very attentive and we lacked for nothing. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near MetJustUs2VIPDined on 5/7/2014Only positive comment is on location. The restaurant has a closed in feeling and us far from attractive. The delay in food was so long we weren't sure whether it was a very Kate lunch or dinner. Thoughtless service completed the cycle
- Ladies who lunchEebeeDined on 5/7/2014Elegant, upper east side venue full of Chanel suits and silk scarves. Food is good and the menu caters to ladies' tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific spot near Met MuseumcmcdwhDined on 5/6/2014This was a lunch before museum-going, and everything about it was perfect. We sat upstairs in the back room, plenty of space, easy to hear each other. I had ahi tuna salad, perfectly dressed, perfectly cooked tuna, flavors clean and fresh. My friend had a pasta special with eggplant and mozzarella. The service was lovely: she found a fleck of something blue in her wine and the waiter replace the glass with humor and briskness. Caffe Grazie is my new go-to for meals in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Nice lunch spotResrvoirDined on 5/2/2014Caffe Grazie is nice for lunch. Thr back room upstairs is the quietest spot, although there is construction going on behind the restaurant which can make it noisy-- so ask your waiter before being seated there as th whether it will interrupt your lunch. The food is good and is light fare, if yiu want it.Special Features:
- Caffe Grazie Easy Walk from MetCSullDined on 4/26/2014I was in Manhattan just for the day on a Saturday and intended to visit the Metropolitan Museum. Caffe Grazie is only 2+ blocks from the Met on E84St. It was delightful. They have a wonderful selection of entree salads, paninis, and pasta dishes. I chose a side mixed salad that comes with a lemon vinaigrette dressing which was perfect. I chose a chicken panini with spinach, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, and a balsamic all on a fresh bread which was lovely. It was a large portion and they packed 1/2 the sandwich for me to take for my bus ride back to Mass. I chose a glass of Montepulciano and it was delightful. The wait staff was most accomodating. I look forward to returning next year!Special Features:
- LadylikeninaVIPDined on 4/24/2014Very pleasant atmosphere and good menu! My favorite in this neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014A late visit to the Met Museum ends with a wonderful dinner at Caffe Grazie. Good, solid food with an attentive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Italian FoodJanDVIPDined on 4/5/2014Our meals were delicious. I had one of the best veal scallopini dishes I've ever had. They honored our request for a quiet table. The location is great, right near the Met and Central Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceimnycDined on 4/5/2014I had the lunch bento there, and it was not bad. The waitress and the staff are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe GrazieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014Can be noisy, especially downstairs, but a fine local restaurant. Good Italian food,and friendly service, I come here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2014Worth a trip from the West Side! Very warm and friendly atmosphere and excellent food. Wine per glass is a little pricey but food is fairly priced. Will come back again.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gemfun2dineDined on 3/26/2014Our family are regulars at Caffe Grazie- From the welcome at the front door to the friendly service, we always enjoy our dining experience. While we like the variety of the menu and their daily specials, I find I gravitate to my favorites- wonderful Salmon over delicious lentils as well as a jumbo shrimp dish over sauteed spinach. Their pastas are off the charts delicious and dinner is not complete without their small, warm,homemade doughnuts rolled in cinnamon sugar and served with warm chocolate sauce and a wonderful caramel sauce. I swoon thinking about them. This is also a great restaurant if you are visiting the many nearby museums-The Metropolitan, Guggenheim, Neue Gallerie and Jewish Museum. Just make sure to make a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute - enjoyed every minuteAhfoodVIPDined on 3/14/2014So, we stumbled upon this place after a yoga class down the block. To my surprise, it was a cozy little place with rich wood seating, and some of the nicest waiters in New York. One would think a place like this would be stuffy and uninviting, but the food was excellently prepared. Our goat cheese and tomato dip starter with toasted herb bread was "take the what was left of the dip home" incredible, i could have ended my meal right there, but gladly i didn't. I went on to have my usual linguine with white clam sauce ( i have this thing about comparing all the LWCs dishes to see which rains supreme. So far that still goes to a restaurant in Rome, but this was a well-done dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav cafe in NyAnnieMoraDined on 3/10/2014I love this place for the food and the service :) its perfect for a break while visiting the METSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averagepatriceDined on 3/8/2014A pricey restaurant that appears to be a renovated coffee shop. Service and food average. Somewhat dull surroundings and not very busy for prime saturday night. A more outrageously priced Manhattan with average bourbon in a small glass at 16 dollars. That says at all
- New neighborhood favoriteLaurenDined on 3/7/2014I've been here twice now, and I can't believe I never knew about it before. The food, service, and ambiance were all excellent... it's my new favorite place in the area, and I'll definitely be going back frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hospitable service, solid foodNeighborDined on 3/2/2014I've been here for lunch, brunch and dinner, and I think dinner is the strong point.. While the omelets and eggs benedict are good, the sides included on the plates could be more inspired. Every dish comes with a salad and (tasty) potato ball, which would be fine for omelets, but not sure it works for eggs benedict. Service is lovely though, at any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre and overpriced foodLucyDined on 2/28/2014This place is very cozy but the food is rather mediocre and quite overpriced for what it is.
- A neighborhood place a blockRodneyVIPDined on 2/26/2014A neighborhood place a block from the Met Museum. Very good straight forward (not an over the top kind of place) talian food very well prepared. Excellent service. Friendly atmosphere to strangers as well as regulars. Nice find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findChekov8Dined on 2/25/2014Moderately good food with friendly and accommodating wait staff. Will also do take-out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Cozy Quiet Nook on UESStreetsavvyDined on 2/23/2014Cafe Grazie is a wonderful respite from the tumultuous and often too loud city. Quiet and cozy, with an unrushed dining experience, it is a perfect nook for a romantic interlude or a friendly brunch or dinner. The food is good, though not spectacular. The service kind and professional. The price mid-range. I enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:
- Lovely Winter DinnercmcdwhDined on 2/15/2014Went to Caffe Grazie with friends after a Met Museum visit. Cold snowy Saturday night and the bar was so cozy and handsome but quiet enough for conversation. The service was fabulous, from the warm welcome to the server who divided our 3 orders of carpaccio across 4 plates and the friendly runners. Had a fabulous cocktail called a "Honey Barrel." Carpaccio and caesar salad were lovely; pasta special with chicken, beans and spinach sadly bland. But I'll go back; prices are moderate for the neighborhood and it's a very pleasant oasis.Special Features:
- Cozy RestaurantAliceDined on 2/15/2014We sat upstairs, waitstaff a bit distracted but food made up for that. Consistently good foodSpecial Features:
- Nice spot close to the metOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This is a very nice spot close to the MET that I went to with my girlfriend before going to the MET, it felt a little overpriced, but the food is great. I highly recommend splitting a serving of the homemade zepolis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealdineoutVIPDined on 2/8/2014We went to Caffe Grazie on a cold night. The room was warm and inviting, the staff friendly and the food terrific. I had the Truffle pizza and my husband had the Salmon over lentils. Both were great. I like the fact that they use a lot of organic ingredients. We'll be back.Special Features: