255 Village Parkway
Marietta, GA 30067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 7709511394
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 211:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Justin Cox
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will try and accommodate anything we can!!!
- Entertainment: Live music with Sal Gentile and the trio of stand up bass,drums and electric guitar very soft!!!
A word from Caffe Fortunato
Fine dining casual elegance in East Cobb, exceptional authentic Italian fare, fully stocked bar, hand crafted pizzas, fresh fish, veal , homemade pasta daily!! also live trio music on wed. and Saturday"s!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Fortunato reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was very good and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Food was very good and service is much much better than Paper Mill Grill next door. We will be back.Special Features:
- Seated at 7:15. Food finallyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2012Seated at 7:15. Food finally served at 9:00. Restaurant ran out of bread. Server disappeared.
- We love Caffe Fortunato.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012We love Caffe Fortunato. Great Italian food in a classy atmosphere. Back deck is a gem.Special Features:
- Sat ouside on the deck atOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2012Sat ouside on the deck at this reasonably priced East Cobb Italian. Had the pizza which was very good. Decent wine list. Great little relaxed neighborhood restaurant. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Where's the wine??OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2012Food is very good but the wine list is a big problem! They never have the wine that's on the menu...they are always "out" Poor server was so embarrassed because they didn't have 3 of the bottles we chose and we had brought guests! This has happened several times before - just no excuse not to be stocked for the weekend. Perhaps they need to make a new menu and have less choices but make sure they are in stock! We will not be returning for a while! Our guests thought it was such a shame and it spoiled an otherwise good dinner.Special Features:
- Too noisy and the servciceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2012Too noisy and the servcice was slow. The waiter was new and not well trained. The kitchen was out of one of the dishes off the menu.
- Risotto special, $22 for one cup!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/24/2012What a joke! Of the four of us ordering dinner, one dish was refused after the first bite and the other three dishes were hardly touched. No one even asked what the problem was. So, had someone cared here's our complaints. The pasta was chewy, not al dente, the risotto was way over cooked and the pizza was doughy. The portions are way too small for the $$'s charged. The biggest laugh.....the risotto special of shrimp and asparagus was $22 for a one cup serving. The pizza was brought out five minutes before the rest of our meals and having an 8:00 seating it took over an hour before any food the delivered! Okay, I have vented. Not going back EVER!!!!!
- Great food, great time!!HeleneMDined on 2/18/2012The restaurant was great. Vibrant scene. A little loud so come with a party of 4 no more. The baked cheese in a pan was unbelievable. A must try and my husband said his ciopinno was better than what he had at Pricci 3 weeks ago. They also have pizza, salads, sandwiches and other main dishes which sounded great, just a little different from it average menu. Dessert was only 2 choices so we didn't have any. Server was nice, low key and the food came all at once, very timely and hot!! We will definitely go again soon. Prices are reasonable as well. Dinner, drinks and appetizers cost less than $60 for two if us. Check it out. You'd never even know its there!!Special Features:
- We went on Valentines DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We went on Valentines Day for dinner. Food was great, atmosphere was good, service was good, timeliness of food was way OFF. They had a special menu for V-Day but it need to explain your choices better. Severs were way to busy to explain in detail. Overall it was a good time.
- Food quality has sufferedOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/28/2012Food quality has suffered over the past year. Used to have great salads, now its basically iceberg. Cesear salad has become a gloppy mess. Why bother? Entrees are inconsistent and so-so in taste. Pastas are over-cooked. Often out of wine chosen. I really enjoyed how it used to be. It was definitely a better quality addition to the neighborhood. Hope they try to step it up again.
- The service (our waitress)JeffreyVIPDined on 1/27/2012The service (our waitress) was absolutely impeccable. The food was good, but expensive on the price to value meter, just like the other restaurant sharing this shopping complex.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServicefoodieDined on 1/6/2012Food was excellent. Service a little bit slow, but it was a busy Friday nite. Wine and food was reasonably priced.Special Features:
- We made the online reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2012We made the online reservation for open table, and received a confirmation order number. But when I showed up with my party of 8, we found they are not open on Mondays. This should have been noted on the reservation, and we should have nor received a confirmation. We had to go somewhere else.
- From Awesome to kinda TackyDMN27VIPDined on 12/26/2011Several of my favorites have been removed from the menu. This past visit they had no shrimp so any menu items with shrimp were out. They were also out of beef carpachio. More disappointing was the direction the place seems to be going in: No manager (or host/hostess), change in music from elegant to top 40, and WORST of all the private room in the back that I've used several times has been replaced with a GAME ROOM?!! This was a neighborhood gem that my family and I visited weekly. We will go back as long as the food is good, but certainly less than we used to. I hope this doesn't turn into Chuck E Cheese...
- Food was excellent (althoughDavidVIPDined on 12/9/2011Food was excellent (although a little under-seasoned). Noise was signficant impediment for conversation. Sevice was great.
- Great Food!ATLJohnDined on 11/5/2011When you go to La Fortunato bring your appetite! The food was wonderful. But also bring a flashlight. The atmosphere is great but a little too dark to read the menu. Service was good and we'll be back soon.Special Features:
- while had been happy diningJohnVIPDined on 10/22/2011while had been happy dining there on weekdays, weekend was a disaster. first off, far too noisy. we had to move our entire table about twenty feet away from a large noisy party. better but not good. Can't remember when we've complained about something and had that complaint ignored. new dish on the menu, their version of shrimp and grits. arrived with all of four shrimp and cold grits. sent it back, and told manager that we had ordered it for dinner, not an appetizer. returned with the grits (technically, polenta) warm, flavorless, and still a tiny portion. Others sent back cold soup and cold fish. Salads were tasty but also tiny.
- Good, could be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2011Cafe Fortunato is a really nice new addition to the growing stable of East Cobb restaurants. We have dined at CF several times and were impressed by the space, ambiance, service and initially the food. The last few visits the CF menu has been in "transition", which translated each time into CF being out of several items on both the apps and entree menu. These visits were probably 6 weeks apart and the same thing happened each time and each time the reason giving was the menu was in "transition". That would be OK I suppose if something was offered instead but each time there was nothing else offered. We are looking forward to when the transition is complete and we can give another star for the food.Special Features:
- Untrained staff and poor managementKatieBDined on 10/7/2011Untrained staff and poor management. The food was good, but not good enough to have had such poor service.Special Features:
- This is one of the best ItalianMarciaDined on 8/13/2011This is one of the best Italian restaurants that has opened in Atlanta in the last few years. The food is really delicious and inventive, the atmosphere is inviting and warm. It's as wonderful on a week night as it is on a Saturday night!Special Features:
- They don't have a kids menu,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2011They don't have a kids menu, which isn't good, but the chef did a good job of creating something kid friendlySpecial Features:
- This was our second visitharmonyDined on 8/6/2011This was our second visit and the food was just as fabulous as the first time and the service even better.Special Features:
- Best feature is you can getOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011Best feature is you can get in and seated without a wait. The service is friendly. The food is a little uneven. The homemade pasta is great but sauce / meatballs somewhat salty. We had the pizza twice --- once very good but the other time not so much? At times the air conditioner is not high enough and the music is always annoying --- the noise level detracts from the experience.
- The service is the best, theyTOMMARIETTADined on 7/20/2011The service is the best, they try very hard to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Our waiter was relaxed, attentive and not overbearing. I think they are trying to make a presence in E Cobb. The only small negatives are my son's Orachette was slightly overcooked, we like al dente. The other point is no Lenonchello??? This is an Italian place, they should have a bunch of it somewhere. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:
- it was so cozy sitting atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2011it was so cozy sitting at the terrace, with friend's chatting and great food.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2011A really great casual dining experience. Management is very friendly. We have eaten there several times and the food is consistently excellent. One of guests described the veal as the best they have ever had.Special Features:
- ENTREES VERY GOOD BUT NOT SERVICE.FoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2011The entrees we had were wonderful - chicken and veal. The veal and chicken were tender and had a great sauce. The ricotta cheesecake was a ripoff - $7.00? for a tiny tiny piece and it had no flavor and they put 3 blueberries on a plate with it and 1/8th of a strawberry. The restaurant had people dining but not crowded but the service was very rushed by the waitress. We each had a piece of bread with butter and the waitress without asking took our plates and silverware away. We then asked for more bread and she brought it without silverware or plates. We had to ask her to bring the silverware and plates. She kept removing our plates without asking constantly and rushing us through the meal so that part was not enjoyable.Special Features:
- This was the 1st time I'veDMN27VIPDined on 5/22/2011This was the 1st time I've had anything negative to say after many visits. The food was, as always, excellent. The service... was not what I've come to expect. Some of the issues (how long a wait from order to getting food) I can probably attribute to my large party (13 people). However, the kids food coming out after all the adults were served, forgetting several of their sides or having to ask the manager to take a drink order after we had already gotten our appetizers was definitely a service issue. I had not seen our waitress before - so maybe she was new, but if so never said so. In any case, the food was still great so I'll definitely be back but probably request a different server. They were busier than I've seen which is goodSpecial Features:
- no chocolate desserts! OtherrepeatcustomerVIPDined on 5/10/2011no chocolate desserts! Other than that, the menu was good, the food tasty, and the service fine.. The cheese bread was memorable. our waiter, Diogo, was particularly lovely, which he confirmed when he called to report I'd left my credit card there, and would not take a tip.Special Features:
- Unique ambiance and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/8/2011Unique ambiance and great outdoor patio in the back. Service was great. Pasta dishes on the bland side. On the expensive side for what you get. Salads way to small for the price.Special Features:
- Ashly the waitress was outstandingTimothyDined on 5/1/2011Ashly the waitress was outstanding and provided excellent recommendations. William the manager was also attentive and helpful. We will definately return on our next trip back to FL.Special Features:
- A fun findOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2011Traveling through Atlanta, staying on I75. The 10 minute drive to this excellent restaurant was well worth it! And a fun, scenic drive. Food was very good, waiter helpful and fun and had a nice chat with mgr. (owner?) when he came to the table. A little noisy, but would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Really great food, I had athadsterVIPDined on 4/17/2011Really great food, I had a pasta with a lamb ragu which was one of the best things I've had in a very long time. The deck is beautiful and a great place to dine. Service left a bit to be desired. The server seemed to be a bit overwhelmed and it didn't appear that she had much support from either the front or the back of the house. Still, a great find and it has the potential to be a terrific local italian bistro.Special Features:
- Excellent food but noisy and priceyEcmomtgDined on 4/15/2011The food was excellent, but pricey. The dishes were skimpy except for The pizzas. Also thought the menu was very limited in choices. It is really noisy. You have to speak loudly to be heard by others at your table. Own table.Special Features:
- Local Italian GemDMN27VIPDined on 4/10/2011Caffe Fortunato was awesome from the minute we walked in the door until the minute we left. We were greeted by a very pleasant hostess and seated by the manager. When we mentioned that our child (6 yrs old) had food allergies to eggs, nuts, and dairy our waitress summoned the chef. Between the two of them they helped us chose a menu not just for our son but us as well. The chef made a custom meal for my son - ribs (which were an appetizer on the menu) and grilled chicken and veggies that he created just for him. My son cleaned his plate - which he rarely ever does. As parents of a kid with allergies and who is picky to begin with we were thrilled. Our meals were great as well. We will definitely be back to this great Italian rest.Special Features:
- Service was earnest but slow.NB1140VIPDined on 3/19/2011Service was earnest but slow. Price incommensurate with portions, especially on second plates - right now its pretty basic neighborhood Italian at Buckhead prices. Pasta and starters much better (and much better value) than second plates. Nice job on the design and decoration of the space.
- I'll give it one more chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2011Reservation was for 7:45pm We were seated around 8:30-8:45 served dinner around 9:30 They seemed a bit our of control. Several large groups who apparently had a 6:30 reservation showed up at 7:30. The place is very noisy (beyond energetic) Hard to carry on conversation without yelling. This was my second time there....they don't appear to be organized. What keeps me going back is that the food is outstanding and I keep hoping they will get their act together. I'll give it one more chance but 3 strikes and they are out.Special Features:
- Very noisy. Service was notSonnyStanDined on 3/12/2011Very noisy. Service was not very organized. Fair at best. Food was good, but as a Sandy Springs resident there are better choices closer to home. Thought it would be more upscale. Food is a cut above a neighborhood restaurant, but ambiance is not. Not good for families either. Probably will not go back
- They have enlarged the spaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/5/2011They have enlarged the space and the noise level is now overwhelming - to top it off they had a trio playing that night that contributed to the cacauphony - too bad, it was a neighborood gem - most dishes are very well done - great pizza - service needs tweeking.Special Features:
- A great new addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/4/2011A great new addition to the neighborhood, everybody greets you with great smile that you feel home, service is very friendly they treat you like family , there is something in the menu for the whole family with great Italian taste, pizzas,salads, Italian meets, pastas and lets don`t forget Tiramisu and cannelloni for dessert, great Italian wine selection and beer on tap,there is something for everybody in this nice restaurant that the whole neighborhood is talking about; with nice live Jazz music and New York stile restaurant setup you`r feel like dining in New York without living you back yard.Special Features: