3599 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffefioresf.com/
- Phone: 4156424822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3.00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Arola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire dining rooms is available for large private events and we would be happy to help you customize a menu to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Eduardo Arola 415-642-4822
A word from Caffe Fiore
A trip to culinary delights. Every dish experience of pure satisfaction. Each plate is well structured and carefully prepared. Visiting Fiore won' t disappoint. The atmosphere is an expression of comfort and an invitation to enjoy life.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Fiore reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Give this a try!suzanneVIPDined on 9/13/2014Caffe Fiore was a really pleasant surprise. By day it appears to be more of a coffee shop, but at night is a wonderful, casual Italian cafe. The food surpassed our expectations and the menu had a nice selection of options for our varied group of diners. We tried the gnocchi, tortelloni special, orrechiette, clams, bruschetta, and several desserts, all of which were great.Special Features:
- RosieDined on 8/12/2014Cute little spot in the mission just a block away from Valencia street. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosieDined on 8/6/2014Amazing hand made tortelloni stuffed with ground beef and lemon zest. everything was good and fresh from the seafood salad to the Tiramisu. Service was promptly and friendly. The espresso was probably the best one I ever had in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014this is a very nice space, and the waiters are friendly, but the food is way below par I'm afraid. To order a caprese salad in tomato season and get pink pale plastic tomatoes is just sad. The bread and olive oil could have been from Safeway; the pasta was completely unremarkable. if they want a dinner crowd, they should improve the food quality quite a bit.
- JBGYDined on 7/24/2014Dined here early- 5pm on Thursday so the no crowds but a couple groups there already for Happy Hour. Place is small, but quaint. Server nice and attentive. Food very good! Would definitely come back if in area. But as noted, place is relatively small, so dine here early.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming foodscottgDined on 6/14/2014Cute neighborhood cafe, with lively conversation, but the food just wasn't on point. Arugula salad was basically dry arugula on a plate with a few parm shavings; no dressing. 2 of the 3 main courses had little or no seasoning at all, though the mushroom gnocchi was reasonable. The best part was that it wasn't crowded.
- The following 91 reviews are from the Caffe Fiore reviews archive.
- AntonDined on 6/13/2014Lovely little Italian restaurant in the mission. Enjoyed a very nice dinner in a nice atmosphere. Dishes well balanced, nice portions and great service. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great experiencerobinDined on 5/20/2014The service was promptly and attentive, the food and the wine was delicious. The interiors are simple yet clean and elegant. Higly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/18/2014I had never been here, nor does it seem like most San Franciscans. It's neighborhoody, quiet, sizable menu for the small size of the place. Definitely a cafe (as opposed to restaurant), but we came with a hungry group of 7 and left full and happy. They were super nice, food was great. Recommend advanced reservation for larger groups as there is only one big table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no stepping up for servicecityslickerVIPDined on 5/14/2014Neighborhood gem-consistently good food and fun atmosphere. We recently ate at the restaurant on a pleasant evening. Sadly, the service was terrible after the first course. Plates sat on the table for 40 minutes cleared. There were only a few tables seated so no excuse that the restaurant was busy. When we tried to inquire about timing and status of the second course, we were made to feel bad about inquiring and that it was our fault plates sat for 40 minutes delaying the entree. The proprietor could have helped the server instead he sat outside on the mobile device and socialized with friends/neighbors. When we final got his attention he spoke "under the breathe" in Italian, because know Italian we understood he was not sympathetic.Special Features:
- No kids pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I had eaten here once before and did not find it kid friendly, as they refuse to modify any dishes or do anything special for kids (For example, they may have pasta on the menu, but would not do a plain pasta with butter and cheese), however since they said they had a special mother's day menu I thought that maybe they would be more accommodating for kids. Alas they were not. They food is good, but service is pretty slow and not great. Definitely skip if you have kids.
- Great little findsfdanaDined on 5/11/2014I was looking for a place nearby for mother's day brunch/breakfast and Caffe Fiore popped up. I had seen its sign before, but always thought it was just a coffee shop. It's really more of a cute little bistro. The people are really nice, the food was very good... fresh and nicely presented, and the atmosphere is pleasant for a couple or a family... a bit of an old world feel. To top it all off, prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- buonissimorobinDined on 4/16/2014We had a great dinner and left very happy. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a fine Italian restaurantbrucepVIPDined on 4/12/2014This is a fine Italian restaurant on a reasonably limited scale. What they do shows some imagination in food preparation. The crowd was small so the sound level was at a bearable level, but one can imagine what the decibels would be like on a very busy night. The site has no noise buffers, not even table cloths, but that comes with the modest prices. I intend to return at some future date.Special Features:
- Italian Food in the MissiontkmsfDined on 4/5/2014It was a quiet place with a nice atmosphere. They had an interesting menu and the service was great. It's a café during the day and they transition to a dining room at night. We were one of two tables, so I am not sure if they ever have a more "vibrant" scene. They met our needs for a good dinner with good pricing, but I wouldn't call it a destination restaurant.Special Features:
- Good service. Food underwhelming.MarkSDined on 3/29/2014My wife and son got together in SF for lunch. I chose Caffe Fiore based on Yelp reviews. It was a rainy day and we were a little late, but the restaurant accommodated us. After ordering and receiving drinks, we ordered the special (eggs benedict), steak dish, and pasta pesto dish. The orders took a long time. All three came out together. The eggs in the benedict were slightly undercooked and the ham used for the meat part was kind of tough. The steak was requested rare, but came well done. The paste was good but too small for an entre. The food was at best decent. Service was good aside from the long delay. It's possible that the kitchen was understaffed. There are too many other choices for us to go back. Cannot recommend
- Wow! What a wonderful place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/26/2014This place is truly a neighborhood gem - and it's not even in my own neighborhood! From start to finish, our meal was amazing...and the ambiance made it even more special (think cozy lighting, warm wood finishes, a very classic yet modern European feel). I was honestly blown away. Our server was very charming, helpful, and patient - and Italian, which added another layer of authenticity to the experience. The wine list was clearly carefully chosen, with Italian varietals well-represented by the glass. The pasta special was one of the best dishes I have ever tasted - it was definitely house-made, creamy and rich, yet somehow light and not overwhelming. Everything was delicious - I look forward to returning to Caffe Fiore again in the future!Special Features:
- Glad I found FioreChanDined on 3/26/2014Food was outstanding, the waiter suggested the tortellini special paired with an Italian Cabernet. It was great. The skirt steak with butternut squash was tender and very tasty. Will definitely go back to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caffe FioreEva2Dined on 3/21/2014Great place for a group meal - good food and good ambiance. The only problem was that it was really loud. Note that gratuity is automatically added, at least for a party of 6 it is, so check the bill so you don't tip twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go there you won' t be disappointedRosieDined on 3/12/2014Go there you won' t be disappointed. The radicchio appetizer was outstanding and the wine list diverse and very reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2014Fresh and high quality ingredients, but needing more flavor in the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food, very good servicedc4916Dined on 3/8/2014The food is decent and reasonable for the price. The appetizers we had were excellent, especially the rice ball. They had a special mozzarella appetizer that was great too. The entrees were just okay. The pasta special (fettuccine with a ragu) was good, but not great, and the pork was good, though the breading didn't taste like panko as described on the menu. The wine list is very reasonable - $30-45 bottles and the one we got was tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service but food okCongoVIPDined on 2/28/2014Nice quiet romantic restaurant but food was fair. Stuffed pepper appetizer was too cheese heavy. Pastas were dry and didn't have any spices or interesting tastes. Great service though. Need to improve on more original and tasty dishes.Special Features:
- Delish Italian; quaintOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/28/2014Delicious food; helpful waiter; reasonably priced and tasty wine list. Small neighborhood spot ; very good food; homemade pastasSpecial Features:
- Wonderful neighborhood spotsteveaterDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I have had several excellent and romantic meals at this charming neighborhood spot. Why fight for a reservation at a pricier high-end spot when you can more easily snag a reservation at this nice restaurant, where the food is well prepared the wine list is relatively diverse? I'm a vegetarian, and I've had no trouble finding options on the regular menu. I love the varieties of crostini to choose from---I could make a meal of those alone. The vegetarian pastas are all very good. The tiramisu is superb. This may not be a destination spot with food to knock your socks off, but you won't be disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was pretty good, servicemattDined on 2/7/2014food was pretty good, service was nice and it was a casual inviting admostphere.Special Features:
- Dined at Fiore last TuesdayRosieDined on 2/4/2014Dined at Fiore last Tuesday and was blown away by the flavorful food and super friendly service. The Aglianico was excellent, a $42 bottle that taste better than $80 wine elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a romanticChanDined on 1/14/2014Great place for a romantic dinner. Excellent service. Neighbor favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was spotty. Good wassfeaterDined on 1/10/2014Service was spotty. Good was mediocre at best. Bland and greasy. Restaurant was clean
- Good quality food on an essentialElisabettaDined on 1/2/2014Good quality food on an essential and original menu. The seafood risotto was good but did not impressed me as much as the antipasto of piquillo pepper stuffed with leeks and cod fish, excellent! For dessert, I usually do not order canoli since it is too sweet but they were out of panna cotta, so I tried the canoli and was surprised. It was very well done, not overly sweet and no chocolate to ruin the taste. The pastry was also light and crunchy. The service was attentive and friendly. Overall a very positive experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013Great food, friendly and attentive service. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Been at Fiore quite a fewRosieDined on 12/28/2013Been at Fiore quite a few times. This place never disappointed me. Last visit was with a group of 10 g For a Christmas dinner and everyone enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013Food was excellent. Service was not the most attentive but generally good. I would certainly return.Special Features:
- Not bad...JsrevsDined on 11/15/2013This place struck us as being the kind of place that would be great if you lived close by, but just passable otherwise. If you're looking for great Italian in the mission, try burrata.Special Features:
- Delightful BirthdayDiningSFDined on 11/15/2013For an intimate birthday dinner, Caffe Fiore was ideal. Our group of 10 had a nice big wooden table in the front of the restaurant with big windows. The service was flawless, friendly and didn't rush us. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. Everyone had a great time and felt special, just like my birthday in Florence in 1998.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here was great! VeryCatJVIPDined on 11/9/2013The food here was great! Very reasonable price for the amount for the serving size. The service was a bit slow but besides that I really enjoyed the restaurant and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrible servicemrtbozVIPDined on 11/6/2013be careful. the guy seems angry. not a good service.
- A surprise gem!CasualDinerDined on 10/19/2013I was looking for a last minute reservation for five people and lucked-out to dine at Caffe Fiore based on the reviews that I read on open table. We had out-of-town guests and needed something easy to get to and also a lovely yet casual dinner among friends. They delivered hands-down with a fantastic waiter, minimally elegant interior, and intimate dining space. On top of all that, the food was great! We'll definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attractive interiorAntonDined on 10/8/2013Great food, attractive interior and great service make this place one of my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad I finally found anRosieDined on 10/2/2013So glad I finally found an Italian restaurant with great food at reasonable price. The service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.