Caffe e Vino
112 Dekalb Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe e Vino
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffeevino.com/
- Phone: 7188556222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Gambino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Caffe e Vino
Caffe e Vino is hidden treasure located in the upcoming neighborhood of Fort Greene just a few steps away from BAM. Executive Chef, Giuseppe Gambino creates northern Italian cuisine with pastas made on premises, fresh meats, fish and seasonal organic ingredients with a modern twist. Pastry Chef, Elez Bucaj presents interesting selections of homemade Italian dessert such as ricotta cheese cake and panacotta. Daily fresh pasta and dessert takes center stage on the basic Italian menu of Caffe e Vino.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe e Vino reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (10)romantic (8)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)good for groups (6)great for lunch (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Host was awesome! After initially being told by a (very nice) waiter that my party of two could not sit at a four top by the window, the host graciously offered it when I asked if we could move from the table we were initially seated at to a two top by the window. And the waiter was very attentive without hovering.Special Features:
- Too much annoyanceGothamDuoVIPDined on 7/24/2014Food always good but after this time not going out of our way ever again to eat here. We tried to pay with a credit card but were told they don’t take credit cards as “a couple of weeks ago we did new wiring and the machine doesn’t work.” Seriously? There was no notice on the door, on the table, on the menus, by the waiters. You think in today’s age where plastic rules, this would be mentioned BEFORE A PERSON ORDERS. If they did, while we wouldn’t have believed them, we would have stayed but ordered appropriately. This experience left us annoyed, irritated, disappointed and feeling taken. I left with $2 in my pocket and my guest had $5. So if you go, ask before you order if they are taking cc's that day.
- Fort Greene ItalianBocuseVIPDined on 7/23/2014Found the restaurant by searching the web for a convenient location for me and friends who work in the area to have dinner. It was a good choice as the food was very good. One caution, the prices on the specials can be significantly more expensive that the entrees on the menu so you should ask the price of the specials you might want before ordering it.
- Bellissimo!MmmFoodVIPDined on 7/22/2014We recently spent a few days in Brooklyn, NY and came across Caffe e Vino one evening. It was quite late when we dined and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. We received first rate service and enjoyed a wonderful meal. The complimentary homemade tomato flan that accompanied the bread service was excellent. The arugula, pear, and walnut salad was well executed. We shared the pasta special--homemade ravioli stuffed with beef short ribs. They were sublime! We would highly recommend this restaurant. Be sure to bring cash--they do not seem to take credit cards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eating in Brooklynlaura8VIPDined on 6/29/2014Caffe e Vino is easy walking to the Polonsky theater. Food is good, if not great, and prices are reasonable.But watch out for specials and wine; both cost more than you'd expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodeznutsDined on 6/28/2014I was looking for a good place in Fort Greene that would allow reservations and could hold 8 people when I stumbled upon Caffè E Vino. The reviews were great so I decided to try. We had a table in back room which was real nice. Service was awesome and the waitress took care of our table like a pro. Food was great, and a large selection of specials. I recommend giving this place a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureJaxeatsVIPDined on 6/28/2014Warm, friendly staff serving delicious, inspired food. Not run-of-the-mill red sauce Italian by ans stretch of the imagination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-post theatre treasureDonaldVIPDined on 6/22/2014Love dining here before a production at BAM or a play at the Polonsky Shakespeare Center. Just a few blocks from these two and the Mark Morris theater and a hop and a skip from subway stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2014Food was very good. Appetizers are small for the price. Only after a significant pressure was applied we were allowed to sit down at a table of our choice in a completely empty restaurant at 4:15 pm on Sunday afternoon. We got unhappy before we even started eating. We were asked to pay cash when the check arrived as "the credit card mashine was broken". You can read same stories about credit card payments in other reviews. Never again!
- Nice place, good foodamf25Dined on 6/15/2014I enjoyed the ambiance and the food was good but they were out of a lot of things and that was fairly disappointing. The chocolate mousse cake was really good!!Special Features:
- Primo ItalianTheatreGirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food is wonderful and the restaurant is an excellent example Of Italian cuisine. Location is fabulous - only a few blocks from BAM theaters and Theatre for a New Audience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly and great foodoutstandingVIPDined on 6/6/2014Wonderful selection of regional Italian dishes. Tastefully prepared, friendly service. A great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/30/2014T hey play a game in that their credit card machine is always broken.
- Pre-BAM dinnerbdeacyVIPDined on 5/9/2014Caffe e Vino is a great find for a pre-BAM dinner. It is run by a charming family of great cooks.Special Features:
- Amazingcarodiaz02Dined on 5/3/2014The food was delicious!, small, quiet and beautiful place for a special dinner. Great service, we recommend it 100% we will be coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 315 reviews are from the Caffe e Vino reviews archive.
- My new local hangout....MsStushDined on 4/23/2014This was my second visit in a month. The Sauvignon Blanc is divine, my lamb was amazing (so dam tender) and the apple tart was just tart enough. Perfect venue for a girly catch-up and the waiters are pleasantly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shh. . .authorNYDined on 4/13/2014Yes, Caffe e Vino is good enough to keep to ourselves. Not a word about restaurant-made pasta, sauces, desserts--the works! Unpretentious, attentive, caring service. Shh. . . .Special Features:
- Great food, friendly staffMsStushDined on 4/9/2014Easily the kind of place that you could become a regular. Lovely wine, good food in manageable portions and attentive service. Quiet vibe so great to catch up with friends. Look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Bamn Good!SalliVIPDined on 3/18/2014Great restaurant whether you are headed to BAM or not. Such a treat to have wonderful ambiance, food and service at a welcoming local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A warm and delicious welcomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/14/2014Felt very at home thanks to lovely service, and the menu had a lot of surprising and interesting options, e.g., spinach soufflé. Not your typical trattoria. I'll definitely go back pre-theatre for BAM.Special Features:
- DeliciousKateDined on 3/14/2014This little restaurant is great. You can walk right by it without noticing that it is there. We tried the antipasto which consisted of smoked mozzarella, prociutto, olives, etc. was generous and so good. The veal ragu with fettucini did not disappoint. The place is charming and the service was attentive. It is very close to BAM and was a great pre-theater choice.Special Features:
- Delicioso!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014I've enjoyed meals at Café y Vino since its opening. I have yet to be disappointed. I suggest dinner at Café to all of my friends who attend BAM regularly and they have yet to be disappointed. I love this place!Special Features:
- A Place Not to be MissedGothamDuoVIPDined on 3/8/2014This place is a gem. The food is delicious. The grilled sausage appetizer was perfect as was the grilled shrimp appetizer. The pappardelle entre was fresh and cooked to perfection. The servers are polite and accommodating with requests. If you are looking for a place to eat before or after going to a BAM event, this is a must go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Very happy to know about itClaraDined on 3/6/2014Perfect for pre-BAM events. The food was delicious and the staff exceptionally accommodating. A little cozy - but lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAM pre- theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/5/2014Discovered this nice Italian restaurant recently. When arrived at 6:30 pm there were only 2 empty tables, rest occupied by BAM theater goers. Service was fast, good choice on menu and vine list. Accidentally, credit card machine " was broken" that day, but the rest was very nice. Definitely', coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Neighborhood ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2014Very nice neighborhood Italian Restaurant, with superb service and freshly prepared pastas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here after a show atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2014Went here after a show at BAM, and had a lovely birthday dinner. The pork medallions were amazing and the chocolate mousse cake was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemsallyDined on 2/25/2014A very sweet and authentic Italian restaurant on the outskirts of Ft. Greene Brooklyn. Sandwiched in between a few slice-of-pizza places and right across from what seems to be the emergency exit of the Brooklyn Hospital Center (part of Long Island University) - do not be discouraged! Nice atmosphere inside and the food is great. Very friendly and attentive service. I will most definitely go back! Have not been there for lunch but I am sure that is great - dinner is very nice. Close to the Brooklyn Academy of Music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian near BAMRKinNYCDined on 2/23/2014This lovely Italian cafe has good food and attentive service in a sweet spot and it's conveniently located near BAM. It's not too expensive either. I'm sure I'll be back!
- Terrible foodJewelDined on 2/22/2014For Manhattan prices, this Brooklyn BAM local is not worth the trip nor the tab. Find another locale.
- Great FindcriticVIPDined on 2/22/2014A neighborhood gem that's also perfect for theatergoers headed for BAM or TFNA. Delicious Northern Italian food with some surprising dishes, like a pasta special with sauteed octopus and artichokes. Friendly, attentive service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Tasty and Reasonably PricedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014There are too many Italian restaurants that are overpriced ($25-$35/entree) but under-deliver. Caffe e Vino is very reasonably-priced ($15-$25/entree) and over-delivers. High quality ingredients with a distinct home-cooked feel makes the food tasty and original. Every special that I have tried has been delicious, and there are still several dishes I am eager to try. A good spot for a casual dinner or a date. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even if you're not going to BAMJaxeatsVIPDined on 2/9/2014Top flight Italian fare, not your typical Italian menu, and tantalizing specials. Everyone's a friend here. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theaterOperaGirlDined on 2/9/2014Enjoyable dining before engagement at BAM.Reservation recommended, but emerged well-fed in plenty of time for curtain. Dinner hour is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemBibliotoDined on 2/9/2014A bit off of Brooklyn's hipster trail, this little gem is the perfect pre-perfomance BAM spot. The food isn't other-worldly, but quite fine in its own right and the service amiable. Just a 5 minute walk from BAM, and you can have a lovely meal, in a lovely little bistro. at a very reasonable price. Do save room for dessert because the ricotta cheesecake is divine--just what your Italian grandmother (even if you only wished for one) would have made on a Sunday afternoon. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater brunch hits the spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014My husband and I had a Saturday brunch at Caffe e Vino on Feb. 8, 2014, before the matinee at BAM Harvey Theater. It was our first (and not last) visit. It's only a couple of blocks from the Harvey--very convenient. We were greeted warmly, seated right away, and given both the regular lunch and a brunch menu to choose from. We found many items to our liking, and elected to order from the brunch menu--a "starter" beverage (we chose the mimosa), a main course, and biscotti, at a very reasonable price. We both chose an omelette. My spinach and feta omelette was delicious and perfectly portioned. The service was excellent, friendly, and not at all rushed. Caffe e Vino was an outstanding "find" for these theater-goers from the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but overpriceddineswellVIPDined on 2/7/2014The food was excellent, but it was overpriced -- especially the pastaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good option near BAMBklyn99Dined on 2/1/2014Consistently good food at this small Italian restaurant just a couple of blocks away from BAM. Pasta were well-prepared...flavorful but not swimming in sauce. Grilled fish entree of the evening (branzino) was excellent. Wine selection is somewhat small and when they aren't seating in their back room (which they seem to close off in slower winter months), the front room a little tightly packed. But those are minor issues for a place that hits on most of its plates.Special Features:
- Nice night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014The food was great as was the service was wonderful. We love this restaurant, it's always a goid time, ask to sit in the back up front is a little cold by the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find!ravioliDined on 1/25/2014we went to this place after seeing king lear at Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaam. It was excellent, and the owner, John, made our meal especially pleasant. We plan to return,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.