Caffe Buon Gusto - UES
236 E. 77th St.
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Buon Gusto - UES
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffebuongusto.net/
- Phone: (212) 535-6884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant to plan your next event.
A word from Caffe Buon Gusto - UES
This charming Upper East Side café exudes comfort and conviviality, with parchment shades that soften light from sconces that warm the room. Eager to please, the kitchen uses high-quality ingredients for its mix-and-match philosophy. Patrons can choose their meats, their pastas (dried or, for a slight surcharge, the restaurant's own homemade), and their sauces (from a simple marinara to a more complex carbonara) as they create their own dishes. For dessert, you can't go wrong with a cappuccino or a chocolate tartufo all served up with a smile.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Caffe Buon Gusto - UES - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Caffe Buon Gusto - UES reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)romantic (22)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (12)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- keep it a secrrtRugletVIPDined on 10/26/2014Only about a dozen tables. The home made pasta alone is worth a visit. The dishes are varies and interesting. The wine list is discounted Sunday, Monday, Tuesday to 1980s prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/18/2014First visit there. Service was unattentive. Tables are spaced too close together to the point the waiters can't navigate between them without bumping into you. Food was ok, but it looked like the vegetables that came from with my meal were initially frozen it just completely over cooked.Special Features:
- brmbrmjaDined on 10/11/2014Last minute reservation for 10. Food was excellent and so was the service. Nice ambiance in this small restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy neighborhood spotAnnMVIPDined on 10/10/2014Feel at home in this cozy restaurant. Classic Italian food is good. Service is good. Conversation with neighboring tables seems to come along with the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantUpperEastside79Dined on 10/7/2014It has been around for decades and the food is great! I had my daughter's graduation dinner there and the service/staff was wonderful! I highly recommend it, we need to support the community and this is one restaurant I will continue to go back to!Special Features:
- Just a wonderful eveningnycskinDined on 10/6/2014food was great and service was great. Just a true hidden gem in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood FindloveitalianDined on 10/5/2014If you like good Italian food this is the place to dine. The service is great and the food is wonderful. It also has an outside dining area in the backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbonara was OutstandingsaintmaeVIPDined on 10/3/2014We went to eat at Cafe Buon Gusto because someone in our party had a craving for the best Pasta Carbonara in the city ....and it was very good and we had it with lobster. The service was very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- mcm090304Dined on 9/24/2014Fresh and tasty food, with very good portions. We had pasta, fish, meat and vegetablesSpecial Features:
- Friday kitchen delay!MattVIPDined on 9/19/2014Have been here a few times, but this was the first time on a Friday night and it was crowded. Sat in the back patio area but there was only 1 waitress for the whole area. Sat down at 8pm. Appetizers came at 8:40pm. Very long time for simple Bruscetta! Main courses came at 9:30 and only after me prodding the manager. So it was a very long wait. Manager was apologetic and I felt bad for the waitress, but the small kitchen just could not keep up with the capacity crowd. At one point, only 1 table in the patio area had food. Food was very good, as usual. But I will stay away from here on weekends going forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great mealkmg86VIPDined on 9/14/2014I come here every couple months and am never disappointed. Excellent, homemade Italian food in a cozy restaurant. A great neighborhood joint.Special Features:
- Always a PleasureStringsriderVIPDined on 9/13/2014Dinner at Caffe Buon Gusto is like coming home. If, of course, you have an Italian chef in your home who makes his/her own pasta and a staff of immensely friendly and helpful people to take care of you from the minute you walk in the door until the minute you leave. There is a reason why it is always crowded and, even with a reservation, you will almost always have to wait at least a few minutes for your table. And it is always worth it.Special Features:
- Take Care with wine servingDetailsDined on 9/11/2014Wine by the glass should be served in front of customer showing the bottle stampSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Romantic Neighborhood FindEatToLiveVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cute Old School Italian place on the UES! Plus, they offer half bottles of wine on certain days of the week. Food was good for the relatively low price, the service was attentive, and a was a fan of of the Sinatra and Dino background music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood eateryTravelerDined on 8/30/2014Really good Italian food. The pastas, meats, and sauces are all separate, so you can pick and choose to get exactly what you want. Dining room is a bit small, but the outside garden is a great place to eat. Staff was very courteous and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an oasis in their gardenrhkfreespiritVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful dining area in a quiet backyard. Too bad we can't eat here all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/23/2014Pleasant evening, delicious food at a reasonable price, good wine, great ambiance and even better service. We added three to our party unexpectedly after we arrived - -the staff accommodated the change and found a table to add to ours to accommodate the new arrivals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasuregreatspotDined on 8/18/2014Caffe Buon Gusto was everything the other reviews said it would be. Very charming. Very inviting, Very special. I loved the restaurant, as did my guests. We will look forward to dining there in the future. I know my guest will definitely be going back. Thank you so much for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Nice place and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant! We were sat immediately on the outside porch. There is only room for one table outside, but it is very quaint. The restaurant is off the Main Street, so the traffic is minimal. The food was very good and the price point for the wine list was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Caffe Buon Gusto - UES reviews archive.
- So comfy!itbetterbgoodDined on 7/25/2014As a single diner, sometimes you feel awkward. Not here! I was welcomed at the door, given a prime table, and enjoyed a delicious entree of veal tortellini with porcini mushroom cream sauce in peace. Can't wait to come back with my husband to eat in the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for the gardenCGNNYCVIPDined on 7/22/2014While I go to Caffe Buon Gusto year round, going in the nice weather is extra special if you sit in the garden.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was great about this spot! I've been once before and absolutely LOVED the food so decided to take my fiancé here for date night and she loved the food. I most definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchieDined on 6/15/2014delicious! would definitely go back. food is wonderful. gluten free pasta was great! thoroughly enjoyed our experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/30/2014At first it was comfortable, but when rain forced the outside diners inside, the noise became deafening...very crowded tables etc...The food was tasty and service fine.
- Perfectsue1dinerDined on 5/27/2014We had the best dinner here as a family! Caffé Buon Gusto serves such delicious food with great service - plus we luckily had a lovely table! I highly recommend this place. Btw. Also I am so happy they do delivery of their delicious foods.Special Features:
- Quite and Great ServicejoshFoodieDined on 5/24/2014This has become a favorite of ours for the good food and the great service. We never feel rushed, they go out of the way to allow us to take our time. We were having a romantic dinner for two, and they brought each course out slowly so that we could enjoy the atmosphere and the company. If you are lucky, try and get the seat by the window, it is always a treat to look out and enjoy the city as you eat.Special Features:
- MaurDined on 5/22/2014Caffe Buon gusto is definitely a neighborhood gem. The food is excellent on a consistent basis and is reasonably priced. I have been here many times with my friends for lunch and for family get-togethers for dinner. It is definitely a fave of mine!!!Special Features:
- Local GemDougVIPDined on 5/17/2014Good Italian cuisine, affordable wine list, small and quaint. Will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Prices higher than website menuJnJFoodiesDined on 5/3/2014Cute little neighborhood restaurant. Prices higher than website menu. Good portions, but too much and too heavy sauces.
- Always GreatRF13VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great neighborhood Italian. Consistently delicious.
- JulieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had friends in from NJ and they loved the food . Our first time The black linguine with pesto was amazing !!! Would go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly Good Italian Fare!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2014Despite the very tight accommodations, we were able to move to a table less in the middle of traffic, so the back of the chair was no longer getting hit by the servers. The food is solidly delicious, and the wine specials for Sunday - Tuesday is terrific. A little more flexibility on dishes would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- Better than homemadeKtLuDined on 4/19/2014We've visited this restaurant on many occasions. The food is always great and service quick and friendly. Best minestrone in the town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food! Cute restaurant!!DinerVIPDined on 4/4/2014Best food! Cute restaurant!! Service on the poor side :(
- Italy Around the CornerStringsriderVIPDined on 3/30/2014Caffe Buon Gusto hits all the marks. Excellent food, especially the pastas, a nice affordable wine list and a homey environment. But what makes the place so special are the staff. Friendly, helpful but not intrusive. The kind of restaurant you can go to for just a casual dinner if you don't feel like cooking, or for a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatChrisDined on 3/21/2014The host could not have been nicer. I highly recommend Buon Gusto for its food, service, ambiance. Lovely place to dine.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Spot!MusselGuyDined on 3/15/2014I've come here on dates, I've brought friends, brought family, the works! This place accommodates anything you need. They have a lovely gardens hidden in the back that is open most of the year. They also have fantastic homemade pastas on the menu! I would absolutely recommend this restaurant for any occasion. Also, ask for Edwin to be your server. He's the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurant.FinefoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Excellent food. Nice size portions and beautiful presentation. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood PickOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014We have passed the restaurant many times since moving to the upper east since it is on the same block as the subway, and have been meaning to try it, and we finally got a chance to go this weekend. We were very surprised by how many people were able to fit into such a tiny space, but the restaurant still felt charming, energetic and all of the food on the tables that surrounded us looked delicious! We were impressed with the amount of menu options. We got 2 appetizers, a fish and a pasta, and all were delicious. You could tell that the restaurant was filled with a lot of "regulars" who frequent the restaurant often (some did not even need menus prior to placing their order). This is definitely a spot that we will go to again!Special Features:
- Great value for the moneyDianet123VIPDined on 3/1/2014Food is quite good - not gourmet but basic well done Italian fare, including piping hot al dente pasta. Service is good, and the atmosphere is cozy though crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.