Caffe Buon Gusto - UES
236 E. 77th St.
New York, NY 10075Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Buon Gusto - UES
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffebuongusto.net/
- Phone: 2125356884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Daily: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call the restaurant to plan your next event.
A word from Caffe Buon Gusto - UES
This charming Upper East Side café exudes comfort and conviviality, with parchment shades that soften light from sconces that warm the room. Eager to please, the kitchen uses high-quality ingredients for its mix-and-match philosophy. Patrons can choose their meats, their pastas (dried or, for a slight surcharge, the restaurant's own homemade), and their sauces (from a simple marinara to a more complex carbonara) as they create their own dishes. For dessert, you can't go wrong with a cappuccino or a chocolate tartufo all served up with a smile.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Caffe Buon Gusto - UES - Best Restaurants in Upper East Side ›
Caffe Buon Gusto - UES reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)romantic (24)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (9)great for brunch (5)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- an oasis in their gardenrhkfreespiritVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful dining area in a quiet backyard. Too bad we can't eat here all year round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/23/2014Pleasant evening, delicious food at a reasonable price, good wine, great ambiance and even better service. We added three to our party unexpectedly after we arrived - -the staff accommodated the change and found a table to add to ours to accommodate the new arrivals. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasuregreatspotDined on 8/18/2014Caffe Buon Gusto was everything the other reviews said it would be. Very charming. Very inviting, Very special. I loved the restaurant, as did my guests. We will look forward to dining there in the future. I know my guest will definitely be going back. Thank you so much for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Nice place and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant! We were sat immediately on the outside porch. There is only room for one table outside, but it is very quaint. The restaurant is off the Main Street, so the traffic is minimal. The food was very good and the price point for the wine list was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So comfy!itbetterbgoodDined on 7/25/2014As a single diner, sometimes you feel awkward. Not here! I was welcomed at the door, given a prime table, and enjoyed a delicious entree of veal tortellini with porcini mushroom cream sauce in peace. Can't wait to come back with my husband to eat in the garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Everything was great about this spot! I've been once before and absolutely LOVED the food so decided to take my fiancé here for date night and she loved the food. I most definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchieDined on 6/15/2014delicious! would definitely go back. food is wonderful. gluten free pasta was great! thoroughly enjoyed our experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/30/2014At first it was comfortable, but when rain forced the outside diners inside, the noise became deafening...very crowded tables etc...The food was tasty and service fine.
- Perfectsue1dinerDined on 5/27/2014We had the best dinner here as a family! Caffé Buon Gusto serves such delicious food with great service - plus we luckily had a lovely table! I highly recommend this place. Btw. Also I am so happy they do delivery of their delicious foods.Special Features:
- Quite and Great ServicejoshFoodieDined on 5/24/2014This has become a favorite of ours for the good food and the great service. We never feel rushed, they go out of the way to allow us to take our time. We were having a romantic dinner for two, and they brought each course out slowly so that we could enjoy the atmosphere and the company. If you are lucky, try and get the seat by the window, it is always a treat to look out and enjoy the city as you eat.Special Features:
- MaurDined on 5/22/2014Caffe Buon gusto is definitely a neighborhood gem. The food is excellent on a consistent basis and is reasonably priced. I have been here many times with my friends for lunch and for family get-togethers for dinner. It is definitely a fave of mine!!!Special Features:
- Local GemDougDined on 5/17/2014Good Italian cuisine, affordable wine list, small and quaint. Will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Prices higher than website menuJnJFoodiesDined on 5/3/2014Cute little neighborhood restaurant. Prices higher than website menu. Good portions, but too much and too heavy sauces.
- Always GreatRF13VIPDined on 5/2/2014Great neighborhood Italian. Consistently delicious.
- The following 82 reviews are from the Caffe Buon Gusto - UES reviews archive.
- JulieVIPDined on 4/26/2014We had friends in from NJ and they loved the food . Our first time The black linguine with pesto was amazing !!! Would go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly Good Italian Fare!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2014Despite the very tight accommodations, we were able to move to a table less in the middle of traffic, so the back of the chair was no longer getting hit by the servers. The food is solidly delicious, and the wine specials for Sunday - Tuesday is terrific. A little more flexibility on dishes would have been appreciated.Special Features:
- Better than homemadeKtLuDined on 4/19/2014We've visited this restaurant on many occasions. The food is always great and service quick and friendly. Best minestrone in the town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food! Cute restaurant!!DinerVIPDined on 4/4/2014Best food! Cute restaurant!! Service on the poor side :(
- Italy Around the CornerStringsriderVIPDined on 3/30/2014Caffe Buon Gusto hits all the marks. Excellent food, especially the pastas, a nice affordable wine list and a homey environment. But what makes the place so special are the staff. Friendly, helpful but not intrusive. The kind of restaurant you can go to for just a casual dinner if you don't feel like cooking, or for a special celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatChrisDined on 3/21/2014The host could not have been nicer. I highly recommend Buon Gusto for its food, service, ambiance. Lovely place to dine.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood Spot!MusselGuyDined on 3/15/2014I've come here on dates, I've brought friends, brought family, the works! This place accommodates anything you need. They have a lovely gardens hidden in the back that is open most of the year. They also have fantastic homemade pastas on the menu! I would absolutely recommend this restaurant for any occasion. Also, ask for Edwin to be your server. He's the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurant.FinefoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Excellent food. Nice size portions and beautiful presentation. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood PickOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014We have passed the restaurant many times since moving to the upper east since it is on the same block as the subway, and have been meaning to try it, and we finally got a chance to go this weekend. We were very surprised by how many people were able to fit into such a tiny space, but the restaurant still felt charming, energetic and all of the food on the tables that surrounded us looked delicious! We were impressed with the amount of menu options. We got 2 appetizers, a fish and a pasta, and all were delicious. You could tell that the restaurant was filled with a lot of "regulars" who frequent the restaurant often (some did not even need menus prior to placing their order). This is definitely a spot that we will go to again!Special Features:
- Great value for the moneyDianet123VIPDined on 3/1/2014Food is quite good - not gourmet but basic well done Italian fare, including piping hot al dente pasta. Service is good, and the atmosphere is cozy though crowded.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious!AlibVIPDined on 3/1/2014We've been eating here for years and it never disappoints! Food is always delicious and service is warm and efficient. Cozy and charming neighborhood spot!Special Features:
- CrowdedFromawayVIPDined on 2/23/2014The food is always good, standard Italian at reasonable prices. That may be why it has become so popular that it is now way overcrowded. Almost feels dangerous. If they would remove 1 or 2 of the smaller tables things would be better for both staff and customers. May not return because of the close quarters. Don't need a stranger's elbow in my pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014Had been here once or twice previously, but I brought my girlfriend here for Valentine's Day and it was fantastic. The food was exceptional and the service was very good. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I chose Caffe Buon Gusto!jj25Dined on 2/14/2014My gf and I had a wonderful time.. It was packed for Valentine's day, but we will definitely return on a less busy night. But regardless, the staff was attentive and the food was great!Special Features:
- Great value!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014Attentive , friendly staff. Enjoyed the lively atmosphere. Was glad to enjoy a meal and hear the table conversation. THe restaurant has sufficient lighting. And the homemade pasta was just that...Delicious!Special Features:
- Like a good meal at a friends placePala150VIPDined on 1/26/2014Always reliable for good food, (pasta done just right) good wine list and friendly service. I love the beet salad, and any pasta with marinara sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood favoritePhotographerNicholsDined on 1/25/2014This is one of our go-to restaurants in the city- and the only Italian restaurant we like to eat at! The homemade pastas are all incredible. But the alfredo sauce at Buon Gusto is the best we've ever had. You won't regret a visit here!Special Features:
- Great Little Neighborhood GemPaulineVIPDined on 1/25/2014First time here and it was great - we all had fish - delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousitalyfavDined on 1/18/2014Relaxed environment. Delicious food....authentic italian. Pasta dishes very good. Gnocchi very light. Family favorite in the city! Affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant surpriserhonalynnVIPDined on 1/16/2014made reservations after reading the reviews. meeting another couple so was a bit anxious never having been there. WILL BE BACK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent ExcellenceStringsriderVIPDined on 1/4/2014This is our neighborhood Italian place. Consistently top notch food served by friendly, helpful but not pushy staff. Feels like home, with someone else doing the cleanup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian night in the Upper E. SidehonoraryNewYorkerDined on 12/28/2013We were only in NYC for 3 days, we knew we wanted Italian one night and we decided upon Cafe Buon Gusto. We are so glad that we did. Delicious homemade Italian food from a mom and pop restaurant. I'm not going to lie it's tight in there, you barley have room to breath, but the food is excellent! Even their desserts were awesome, as sometimes dessert is just an after thought, not here. The quality of the food from app to dessert was superb,it disappoint or let down in any way.Special Features:
- a wonderful little spotpadareejVIPDined on 12/23/2013I have eaten here many times and I always find the food to be wonderful and the service is great too. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/7/2013Tucked away on East 77th Street, this is a real find. Wonderful selection of homemade pastas that can be matched with any sauce. Salads & veal dishes were excellent. Very welcoming staff in a charming, cozy room. Short but well chosen list of wines. For good food at reasonable prices, hard to beat Buon Gusto.Special Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTEDNYCRunnerBeanVIPDined on 11/29/2013This restaurant is one of those outstanding places that always exceeds expectations from service to the quality of the food. A true gem whether dining for business or a relaxing night with the family--excells on all counts.Special Features:
- Warm and invitingHappyeaterDined on 11/27/2013Party of four all had appetizers and entrees. My grilled calamari was under seasoned and a little tough, pasta was good, my boyfriends veal was tender and our friends eggplant was a slightly undercooked. Menu is standard, nothing that stood out as either exceptional or poor, but certainly a decent meal, good atmosphere with friendly wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.