Caffe Buon Gusto - Montague
151 Montagne St
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Buon Gusto - Montague
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.caffebuongusto.net/
- Phone: 7186243838
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: "Catering for Parties at your place or ours - hosting and service available."
- Private Party Facilities: Consulting & Catering Available for your Private Parties or Corporate Events.
- Private Party Contact: Nando 7186243838
- Cross Street: Henry and Clinton
- Public Transit: R Court St stop restaurant is a quarter block west. 2, 3, 4, 5 to Court St-Borough Hall, exit on Montague and Clinton St, walk west on Montague for about half a block. A, C, F to Jay St-Borough Hall, exit at Fulton Mall and Jay St, walk west on Fulton Mall past Borough Hall, then take a right on Court St, then a left on Montague and walk
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Street or private lot.
A word from Caffe Buon Gusto - Montague
Welcome to Caffe Buon Gusto. Located in the heart of Bustling Brooklyn Heights, Caffe Buon Gusto has a long history in NY with 2 other locations, Upper Eastside & East Village. We serve up the finest Italian fare with exciting dishes in a unique ambiance. At CBG, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use frozen ingredients, and there is no microwave oven at Caffe Buon Gusto. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our award winning menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Buon Gusto - Montague reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Very Poor Service-new management?LikegoodfoodquietplaceDined on 8/3/2014Asked for quiet table. We were one of two parties in restaurant. We were seated right next to them. Manager or some other staff person loudly talked to this table. After not being able to hear friends at our table, I politely asked that manager to please sit, & speak more quietly. He did for awhile then was loud again. Asked for music volume to be turned down; it was for awhile, then loud again. Had to repeatedly ask for water. Inattentive not busy servers. Food good. Have gone here for years, but doubt I would go again. Bad experience.
- Very disappointednjfamilyDined on 7/24/2014Came here before a concert at Barclay center. Food was mediocre at best. One dish we ordered was Chicken Sorrentino and eggplant was bad. I told both waitress and bus boy and no one cared. They did not offer new dish or credit on bill despite being a larger party. Waitress was not attentive and restaurant was not even that busy. Most dishes we ordered were basic - chicken parm or pastas and nothing was great. I am sure there are better places to dine in the area. So disappointed as I had eaten at NYC location years ago and remembered much better. If coming here - at least stick to pasta dishes as both fish and chicken dishes were not up to par.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Caffe Buon Gusto - Montague reviews archive.
- Good food but a bit noisy for usvandinerDined on 5/3/2014Looking for an Italian restaurant in Brooklyn Heights, we chose this for a family meal with visiting parents/grandparents. The food was delicious - everyone enjoyed their meals. We found the noise level very high, especially since there was a small group celebrating a birthday in the bar area up front.Special Features:
- Better than expected!rdsox4evrDined on 2/14/2014I came here as a last minute reservation on Valentines Day for my girlfriend and I. We were pleasantly surprised with the food! I had the lobster linguine and my girlfriend had the veal. We were both very impressed by our meals and the wine list was extensive as well. The ambiance is nice, not overly romantic, but nice for a dinner. The one gripe we had was the Creme' Brulee we ordered to go to eat on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade was EXTREMELY small. It was $7 per slice, and it looked like it was about 1/4 as thick as it should have been. Other than that, no complaints, the food and service was very good. I would recommend for a nice dinner with family or your significant other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot. I came here forJayEaterDined on 12/13/2013Cool spot. I came here for a birthday dinner. Huge menu with a lot of options. Very tasty as well. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Middlin... Food was OK--nothingJaneyDined on 10/19/2013Middlin... Food was OK--nothing special. We had reservations on a Saturday night and it was pretty empty...
- Nice Variety and Reasonably PricedHousemouseVIPDined on 6/26/2013Caffe Buon Gusto offers a generous variety of fresh pastas, salads, and main courses that are satisfying and conforting without being expensive. The restaurant is bright and pleasant. Diners are greeted cheerfully upon arrival and are cared for warmly throughout the meal, with frequent yet unobtrusive attention paid by the friendly and professional staff to refilling water glasses and clearing dishes. A prompt replacement of the knife and fork is made once they are used for the first course -- one sign of a good restaurant. If you're looking for a tasty yet reasonably priced sit-down meal in Brooklyn Heights, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchSJR1VIPDined on 6/7/2013Took a group of 6 here to celebrate a coworkers birthday. Everyone liked their meals and we had quite a variety from seafood to pasta. Some of them are picky so that is no easy feat. They have a great prix fixe option which a couple of us chose. Given that Chipotle can run $12-$15 for essentially junk food spending a little more at a formal sit down restaurant with great service is well worth it to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Lunch, Great ServicemaureenVIPDined on 6/6/2013Great experience all around. When we arrived for lunch, the restaurant was busy with several large groups. I was concerned this would make service slow for us, but no worries -- our food arrived promptly and someone was immediately available to answer our every question. Staff clearly wanted us to enjoy our meal -- and we did. Delicious traditional Italian food at a reasonable price. So much food that I took part of mine home for lunch the next day. We'll be back!Special Features:
- The food is good quality,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013The food is good quality, and the prices are reasonable. No fighting for a table, which is nice - so many restaurants now will not take reservations, insist on being paid in cash, etc. etc. When the owner found out it was our anniversary he brought us each a complimentary glass of wine. I order a complete dinner, and subsituted sea bass for salmon without any hassle. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Brooklyn Heights.refresh1Dined on 5/27/2013First time to Brooklyn Heights. Was very impressed and offered such a great alternative to the Manhattan restaurant scene. Quiet, on a fun street, great wine list - had the barolo, and within blocks of the shore walkway providing an outsttanding view of the NYC Skyline and Statue of Liberty. This restaurant had authentic italian food and staff, superb service, great ambiance should be a must on anyone's list when visiting NYC. Very convenient to get to - steps off the subway exit/entrance on the yellow line manhattan to brooklyn train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pre-race dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2013We chose the cafe because it wasn't far from the Brooklyn Half packet pickup and took reservations. The food was nice and the ambience a bit noisy. Our waiter had shaky English skills but was attentive and our meals arrived promptly from the kitchen. The menu was not too ambitious and everyone was happy with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchmaureenVIPDined on 5/15/2013Had a nice lunch here with a business colleague. We both had pasta and enjoyed our choices. Good food and good service. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed brunch with a fewTGsViewDined on 4/14/2013Enjoyed brunch with a few friends. The menu was extensive, food was very tasty, service was professional and we enjoyed spending time at the restaurant. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Brunch with FriendsTGsViewDined on 3/17/2013Attended a birthday celebration with a group of friends. Brunch was wonderful! The menu was extensive, great service and the food was creatively displayed and very tasty. Great neighborhood restaurant and I would recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding and theBeenyVIPDined on 2/7/2013Food was outstanding and the service was incredible! Love it!Special Features:
- The food and service at CaffOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/29/2013The food and service at Caff Buon Gusto were excellent. I took a friend out for lunch and everything was perfect.Special Features:
- We had a reservation thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/21/2012We had a reservation that was never honored. Waited 15mins and gave up. Manager wasn't helpful at all. Will never try to eat here again.
- waiter said my meal was vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2012waiter said my meal was vegetarian and it has meat. but overall very good
- The pasta here can't be beatHousemouseVIPDined on 12/11/2012The pasta here can't be beat -- generous portions with flavorful sauces and a variety of fresh proteins to combine according to your taste -- all for around $15. There is much to choose from beside pasta, including salads, soups, and fish and meat entrees. The service is attentive, patient, and friendly. This is a neat little neighborhood treasure, where outdoor dining adds to its charm. The dining room fills up quickly at lunchtime, so reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- No innovative food here, butCasaLVIPDined on 12/8/2012No innovative food here, but well prepared traditional Italian dishes and good service.
- Wonderful atmosphere withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/6/2012Wonderful atmosphere with local charm and excellent food. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features: