Caffe Buon Gusto - East Village
76 Avenue B
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Buon Gusto - East Village
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avebbuongusto.com/
- Phone: 2123533838
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 12:00am
Friday & Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Please call the restaurant to cater your next event.
A word from Caffe Buon Gusto - East Village
Welcome to Caffe Buon Gusto. Located in the center of New York City's East Village, Caffe Buon Gusto has a long history in NY with 2 other locations, Upper Eastside & Brooklyn Heights. We serve up Manhattans finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At CBG, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use frozen ingredients, and there is no microwave oven at Caffe Buon Gusto. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our award winning menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Buon Gusto - East Village reviews from OpenTable diners
- The pasta was excellent. WemishmishDined on 1/25/2013The pasta was excellent. We found the spaghetti and clam sauce to be salty. It was quickly taken off the bill and we were offered something else . The waiter was attentive , the bread delicious and we had the best cup if coffee ever, creamy ,frothy espresso. We had a very tasty salad ,dressed perfectly. No dessert we were too fullSpecial Features:
- The restaurant lacked heatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/22/2013The restaurant lacked heat and we huddled next to a portable space heater placed near our table. The waitress barely understood our orders and then omitted one first course. The main course was brought out prematurely and then returned to the kitchen to sit on a warming table for 15 minutes. The food, understandably, was then blah.
- This was the first time we'vemsazDined on 1/18/2013This was the first time we've been here and it was an enjoyable meal. I started of with an excellent pear and gorgonzola salad and my wife had a very good stracciatella. There were plenty of other appetizers and salads that sounded good to me and that I would try if I went back. In fact, when I go again, I might just eat them and not bother with an entree. We both chose chicken scarpariello as an entree. It was good but we've had better and I wouldn't bother ordering again. For desert, we shared a coffee gelato, which was terrific. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and a restaurant we'd go back to if we were in the neighborhood.
- Have been to thhis restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/17/2012Have been to thhis restaurant several times. The food is good, but they seem to get things wrong. My husband got the wrong order. They were going to correct it, but that would have taken time. Since my food was there, it would have been an awful meal if his was corrected. He ate it anyway, it was good, but not what he ordered. They did nothing to ameliorate this.
- Cute little neighborhood spot,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Cute little neighborhood spot, great for brunch. The staff are really sweet, the music is great, and the quality of the food is solid. It's also BYOB which has its advantages, and it's quiet enough to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2012We really enjoyed our meal! Party of six, no left overs!! Food and service was wonderful! Very good food moderately priced, BYOB so we brought our own wine, no corking fees! We will be back!Special Features: