Caffe Boa - Ahwatukee
5063 E. Elliot Rd. #1
Phoenix, AZ 85044Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Boa - Ahwatukee
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.caffeboa.com/
- Phone: 4808933331
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - Close; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Martin Viana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Caffe Boa specializes in all styles of Catering, whether it’s for your Wedding, Business event or at your home, any size event, so call or email us today and let us take care of your every need.
- Entertainment: Caffe Boa offers Live Guitarist/vocalist sounds on selected evenings, typically on Friday/Saturday evenings, from 7:00pm-10:00pm.
A word from Caffe Boa - Ahwatukee
Caffe Boa offers a refreshing twist on New American/Italian cuisine, with an emphasis on Organic and locally provided ingredients in an elegant yet casual atmosphere. Caffe Boa has been a long time Phoenix (Ahwatukee) favorite dating back to 1995 and still in our Original location. We offer a wide range of Appetizers, fresh made Salads, Pasta selections, Sandwiches and daily lunch and dinner Specials including Fresh fish selections, Premium cuts of Beef, Chicken dishes and many more. We specialize in group events and always ensure a memorable experience for all of our guests. We pride ourselves on our high quality of food and service. Caffe Boa has a full Bar with an extensive Wine list served only in Reidel glassware, so come and experience the difference here at Caffe Boa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Caffe Boa - Ahwatukee reviews from OpenTable diners
- Quaint atmosphere and decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2013Although a Cafe Boa has been located in Ahwatukee for many years, this was our 1st experience. Celebrating our 25th Anniversary and hoping for a quiet, non-pretentious experience, we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant had one large group (8 people I believe) but the rest of the tables were mostly couples on this Tuesday evening. Service was very good while not being overly disruptive and the wine list was adequate (average to high $$). We selected 2 of the evening's entree specials - filet mignon and ahi tuna. The filet mignon was excellent while the ahi tuna was OK. I am not a foodie by any stretch of the imagination but the tuna did not have a very vibrant color. Overall, it was a very pleasant evening and worthy of the occasion.Special Features:
- Simply wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013For a perfect night out with family and friends, enjoying everyone's company without feeling rushed, the perfect intimacy without feeling uncomfortable or watched, and exceptional service and food (everyone person in our party of 6 gave rave reviews on their meal)....well, Caffe Boa is your place because it has it all! Already looking forward to our next visit!!Special Features:
- Parking problem and crowded seatingluvsteakVIPDined on 6/15/20134th time. Portions are huge. Ordered a cup of bisque, really got a bowl. Good bisque with lots of flavor. I could eat half of it. Had 3 bites of y dinner and gave up. Portions are larger than need. Their Meat sauce is finely ground like it has been through a grinder. Parking is a problem. The place next door lets the employees park in front . No parking at 6pm on a Saturday. Small place and crowded tables. We had a table for 2 by the front window. OK as the window made it seem larger. Sun to contend with but that was OK. When we got our entries, one of the servers came over and closed the curtains by my chair saying the sun was reflecting off a mirror and bothering some people. It made me feel like I was in a cave. We got up and left.Special Features:
- Don't Miss This1979ddjDined on 6/7/2013I hadn't been to Caffe Boa in 10 years and when I returned to Arizona it was among the first places I wanted to visit. It didn't disappoint. Have the El Greco--the chicken is perfectly seasoned and all the flavors come together in a way that will have you coming back again and again. Matt was our waiter and provided excellent service--attentive without hovering, made excellent suggestions. DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Wanted something differentAZFIREDined on 5/12/2013We stay in the Chandler/Tempe/Phoenix area at least twice a year, because its spread out like the rest of the Phoenix area finding a good restaurant close by can be difficult. We tried Cafe Boa hoping to get a better meal Han at he chain restaurants that are abundant. I would say Cafe Boa hit the mark. The food was good and they have a full bar and decent wine list. You can order by the glass, half or full bottle if you like a drink with our meal. The food tasted fresh and homemade, the sauce was good and the dishes were simple. My only complaint about he menu is that there is only one dish with shrimp. No other sea food dishes. The service was just okay, it was Mother's Day and hey we're busy though. We will go again I'm sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day and had a lovely time. However, I was shocked to see the prices and didn't think the food (i.e. pasta) that we ordered justified the cost. This is the main reason why I wouldn't recommend it.
- We walked out on our 1:00pmTempe480Dined on 5/12/2013We walked out on our 1:00pm reservation as at that time we were told there were still four parties with reservations ahead of us. They appeared to be unprepared for the Mother's Day crowd and there were several people ahead of who gave up and left as well. The food looked great but it appeared people were waiting a long time for service. We went next door and got bagels instead. I understand days like Sunday can be tough on a staff, but was disappointed in how everything turned out.
- Moms day.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day. I probably would have rated the service better on a normal day, but being seated at 11:30am for our reservation, then waiting until 1:30pm to be served was a little excessive. The good was good and we had a good long visit so that made up for crazy wait.Special Features:
- Mothers Day RushTraceJDined on 5/12/2013We love this Restaurant and frequent it often. We booked a reservation for Mothers Day, knowing it would be a busy day. Wow, was it. I was very glad that we booked an early seating, as it backed up quickly. 1.5 hours to get our food, and so many people standing around waiting for their delayed reservation it was distracting. The good part, was the staff. They apologized often, and worked hard to get things moving. The drinks were delicious, allowing us to relax and watch the world go by. When the food arrived, it was amazing and made everything ok. What could have been a disastrous event turned into a nice leisurely lunch. Well done, Caffe Boa! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day in the Sun!NellyVIPDined on 5/12/2013First, we arrived at scheduled time 11:00 AM, where we were seated outside in one of three / four tables that had no shade. Then we waited for what appeared to be an eternity before we were able to order some appetizers. Then over an hour later, I had to get up and ask our server where were the appetizers and he apologized for the delay and said he would get us some bread. The appetizers eventually came but the bread never made it. After seeing one table just get up and leave, I asked our waiter to either move us or we would leave which they eventually did. Our actual lunch took almost another hour and throughout the event, no manager ever came out to apologize or even thank us for enduring such miserable conditions.
- Perfect Special Occasion PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2013We went for my birthday celebration and had a beautiful experience. The prices are a little high but good for a special occasion and the quality of food makes prices were worth it. The staff was knowledgable and super attentive. The patio is a little gem.. Super romantic. I had been to the one in Tempe before but this was our first experience here and loved it. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure about the hype.SuZenDined on 3/29/2013Not sure about the hype. The food was fine - nothing spectacular. Outdoor patio is cute - nothing spectacular. Service was very friendly - but slow and MANY mistakes were made. I'd eat here again if I was near it - but would not go out of my way to get here.
- My girlfriend and in enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013My girlfriend and in enjoyed the food and services was greatSpecial Features:
- Excellent food with serversluvsteakVIPDined on 3/28/2013Excellent food with servers who often remember you and also what you ordered previously. Outside patio seemed a pleasant spot for dinner until a group at an adjacent table started smoking. Apparantly management allows smoking on the patio. We moved to a different table but were still bothered by the smoke. When we go back we will probably have to sit inside which is a shame. Would have rated Overall much higher except for the smoke issue.Special Features:
- Excellent food, good service,luvsteakVIPDined on 3/9/2013Excellent food, good service, very busy and somewhat noisy. Reasonable prices.Special Features:
- We have enjoyed many mealsMauiwowiDined on 2/17/2013We have enjoyed many meals here for years so were VERY disappointed at our last visit. We brought out-of-town family for dinner Sunday night. There was only 1 single waitress for the entire restaurant and service suffered terribly as a result. We waited and waited before ordering and then continued to wait and wait for the food. With 2 young children with us, it felt like an eternity. Altogether, it took 2 hours for our meal to arrive after we were seated! Ridiculous. I don't know if we'll go back again.
- Went on Valentine's Day forJandJDined on 2/14/2013Went on Valentine's Day for dinner- very difficult to be romantic when there are so many tables crammed together to seat as many people as possible. Service was hurried; I could sense the "get 'em in, get 'em out" ambience. Food portions were generous but cold to lukewarm. We usually enjoy Caffe Boa, but we may have to rethink our choice for next Valentine's Day.
- For a Valentine's eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013For a Valentine's evening the restaurant was well prepared, well staffed, prompt service and a great menu!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I loved the feel of the place - small, dark & cozy. The service was good and the food was really outstanding. We had the steak medallions (yummy) and the blackened salmon was awesome. The wine was affordable. I'm anxious to return to try some other menu items!Special Features:
- The food is a bit mixed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013The food is a bit mixed. The bread was only fair, the Athenian Pollo was ok (nothing to get excited about), but the chef's special of Beef Medallions in a Green Peppercorn Sauce was very tasty (although the quality of the beef not what one would hope).
- Maybe an off night, but serviceilovefoodVIPDined on 1/19/2013Maybe an off night, but service was not up to par. Good food offset the experience.Special Features:
- We went for a late lunch andEmilyVIPDined on 1/4/2013We went for a late lunch and there were only a handful of other people there. Part way through our meal, our server mysteriously disappeared and all of a sudden we had a new server. Both were very knowledgeable and attentive, it was just odd. Good food with big portions. The butter cake is incredible!Special Features:
- We booked a 9:15pm reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We booked a 9:15pm reservation for 6 on 12/31. We were seated on the patio, it was cold even with heaters. They were out of several menu items, most of which we were interested in. We were told they ran out because they over booked. They offered to make their full menu available but since it was uncomfortable on the patio we chose to leave. At this time I'm iffy about a recommendation.
- Regrettably not the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Regrettably not the experience we were hoping for from what had previously been our favorite dining location. Seemed entirely unprepared for the New Year's Eve celebration. Our evening began witha wait in the line out the door waiting to checkin(for our on time reservation). The front house seating are was over crowded and chaotic, with no accommodations for a disabled patron. Only one hostess was working to control seating, which included a seat Inches from musical talent. While the food was outstanding, they offered and extremely limited menu with no substitutions available, no appetizers, no smaller meal portions. Overall quite disappointing.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012The service was very good and the food was fantastic. Don't let the strip mall store front of this restaurant fool you, it's a gem of a find. I will definitely be going back to Caffe Boa!Special Features:
- The service was very slow,MGMomVIPDined on 12/10/2012The service was very slow, but that seemed to be more an issue with the kitchen than the waitstaff. The resulting meal, however, was excellent.
- Consistent local spotkewllewkDined on 12/1/2012Without many decent restaurant options in the Ahwatukee area it is nice to have Cafe Boa as an option. The restaurant is never too noisy so it is a nice place to grab a tasty meal. The food is good and the portions are quite large. The menu is mainly focused on pasta dishes but they always offer daily specials that include seafood and meat options.Special Features:
- Reserved lunch for 9 people,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/28/2012Reserved lunch for 9 people, seated immediately, served quickly, and everyone was very happy with their food. Servings are generous and menu has plenty of selections. The noise level was a little high but that may have been coming from our table. Would definitely recommend this for value and quality.Special Features:
- Reasonable neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 11/11/2012Reasonable neighborhood restaurant. not worth a long trip.Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012The food was great...the outdooor dining atmosphere was awesome. The wait service did a great job...its a little bit pricey (the bill for 2 couples was $300.00 but we did have appetizers, drinks and desert)Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012Were greeted politely by the hostess, brought to our patio table, water right away. After about 10 minutes Lindsey came out and asked if we were served yet and we said no. This was our second time at the restaurant, Lindsey was our waitress the first time. We asked if she could be our waitress, she said she had to check. She came back, apologized for the delay and took our order. The meal was great.Special Features:
- My Go To RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2012Caffe Boa is my go-to restaurant for all occasions and treating out of town guests. They have a variety of excellent lunches dinners and specials. One of my favorites is their fillet mignon, which I believe is the best in the west. There Ocean Bow-tie Pasta is killer and the Voodoo Penne Pasta is their classic. The owner leads by example and the entire staff from the kitchen to the front reception makes me feel warm and welcome. What else can I say, except this is one neighborhood gem that you should go to for all occasions.Special Features:
- took 8 people for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/27/2012took 8 people for business dinner and everyone was pleased. Service was spot on and the food was great. The orders were varied form fish, pasta and steak, all of it outstanding. It was warm so we ate inside, but is obvious they had a wonderful patio. No question I will be back.Special Features:
- First time there and we willOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2012First time there and we will be back, everthing just clicked...Special Features:
- The menu looked interestingStevenVIPDined on 8/23/2012The menu looked interesting but the food was disappointing (tastes were OK but not great, artichokes had tough leaves still attached that were not chewable, fish was dry).
- Everytime I dine at this locationPDXMeetingVIPDined on 8/10/2012Everytime I dine at this location the service is brilliant and the food is right on spot. Very good for either lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great spot for a relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/16/2012Great spot for a relaxing lunch. The staff was warm and welcoming and the food fresh and delicious. They make their desserts in-house including the lady fingers for the tiramisu.Special Features:
- Always happy with a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/15/2012Always happy with a great restaurant that has Gluten Free Options.Special Features:
- Big Servings!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2012You get a lot for your money. Very good bruschetta. Likewise the pastas. The soup of the day was minestrone; it was delicious. Our server did a great job.Special Features:
- First visit to Boa and willtidbitsVIPDined on 6/16/2012First visit to Boa and will definitely go back. The food was really great. Personally would like a bit more dressing on our Julius Salad. The Osso Buco is one of the best I've had anywhere and I have had lots of Osso Buco in very pricey restaurants. The pasta portions were huge and very flavorful. Loved the marinara sauce with the calamari fritta. Only thing I thought was that the bread was just ok, a crusty italian would have been much better with the garlic aioli and the eevo and balsamic. Both were great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features: