295 S. Pennsylvania Ave.
Denver, CO 80209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cafebarcolorado.com/
- Phone: 3033620227
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily: 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jesse Albertini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Contact owner with requests/questions.
- Private Party Contact: Dane Huguley 3033620227
A word from cafebar
Here at cafe|bar our goal is to provide exceptional hospitality and creative cuisine in an affordable fashion. cafe|bar, designed by Owner Dane Huguley, whose vision was to create an atmosphere that was modern but comfortable, making guests feel as though they are dining in an urban upscale restaurant with a residential charm. Our focus is to be a community restaurant; we are 100% wind powered, recycle our fryer oil, utilizing composting programs and energy efficient equipment. cafe|bar cuisine is prepared by chef Eric Rivera; where he is combining classic and new American dishes while keeping them unique and affordable. In addition, we have a unique yet sophisticated wine and spirits list to accompany our cuisine. We strive to be involved and give back to our community in any way shape or form and promise to deliver an experience desired time and time again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
cafebar reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (53)fit for foodies (51)great for brunch (28)romantic (21)good for groups (18)special occasion (17)hot spot (15)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Cafebar has changedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/14/2014Used to be one of my favorite brunch spots- the food and menu listings GF friendly & interesting, great flavors. The building itself is nicely decorated and has a lovely patio. The brunch menu has changed- small number of food offerings (focus now on drinks),GF friendly items are no longer noted or offered, the items available are not much different than other brunch spots in town. My meal was very small once modified to be GF, over priced, and left me hungry; husband's biscuit was vey hard despite the gravy. Online research found that the kitchen staff has changed, menu on Opentable is from the previous chef,and their website has expired. The waitstaff was attentive. Will not return, better places are out there.Very disappointed and sad.
- Awesome!GirlsWhoBrunchDined on 9/11/2014We have been to Cafebar many times and every time the experience is outstanding. Thanks!!Special Features:
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2014New chef and management. Not the restaurant I have been too in the past
- I love this place!SharonVIPDined on 8/31/2014The bartenders, wait staff, hostess...everyone really makes you feel special. They're super friendly and you can tell they really like working here, which makes dining here a great experience. Awesome food, very creative and tasteful!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedcofoodieDined on 8/29/2014We went here for Restaurant Week. Loved the decor, intimate setting...service was decent although we had to ask for silverware a few times throughout the night...our server was nice and prompt about bringing it. Food was good but not amazing, kind of bland flavors and servings were small. I'm a small person but have a heft appetite and left kind of feeling like I needed a snack. Not sure we'll return just because I'll be worried about being hungry when I leave.Special Features:
- Great for foodies with intolerancespaleofoodieDined on 8/29/2014This was my third time dining at Cafe Bar, and it exceeded my expectations once again. I was a little hesitant since it was a pre fix restaurant week menu because I am gluten Free, grain free, and dairy free. It is usually almost impossible to find something unique and delicious that fits that criteria. However, Cafe Bar was so accommodating to my needs and I was just blown away by the creative flavor combinations of each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service PoorLuSmith24Dined on 8/28/2014We had 6:45pm reservations at CafeBar and were seated promptly outside on the lovely back patio. It was restaurant week, so there was a special menu, which looked great. Our party of 4 waited 15 minutes before our server even greeted our table. 15 minutes after that, our drinks arrived...and the remainder of the evening was similar - slow service, but the food, as usual was delicious. We love CafeBar, but have had multiple experiences with very slow service. The manager did reduce our bill, which was appreciated. If CafeBar can figure out their service/staffing, we will continue to return.Special Features:
- Nice but slowEmmaloohooDined on 8/28/2014Although our food was very good and service was friendly, it seemed a little like they were not prepared for Restaurant Week. Everything was very slow coming, including the soup course, which was the same for everyone in the restaurant. We would have appreciated a little something as an apology for our very long wait-- a bit of comped bread, maybe. Still, it was worth the visit.Special Features:
- Will I go back ?DisappointedDined on 8/27/2014I used to go to Cafe Bar a fair amount for lunch and then I had not been there in awhile and was disappointed at the menu. It used to have great soups and salads and ladies food along with heavier dishes for the really hungry. This time there was only one item that was light which was a wimpy salad. My guest asked for bread and that came when we were finishing our meal. The server seemed as though she could barely get through her shift .... No energy, no smile or greeting other than hello.Special Features:
- Food is outstandingLibsterDined on 8/11/2014The flavors, presentation and uniqueness of the food was incredible. And the service was great. Love CafebarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary ExperienceSputnikDined on 8/10/2014The food is from local sources and businesses, the wine selection is great, the staff are professional and helpful, and the price is right for special or more regular visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid brunchLadyBirdVIPDined on 8/3/201445 minute wait to take our order; food arrived ice cold and raw eggs, so loud you had to scream to talk; at least manager wrote off some of bill. I would NEVER return.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I had brunch in March 2014 with my friends at Cafebar and it was amazing, that is why I decided to go back last week. I do not know why, but it seemed I was having brunch in a completely different place. The quantity, menu variety and customer service was not what I expected. I am really disappointed because you could really see the difference.
- Pretty AmazingKriss1231Dined on 8/2/2014We started coming here last fall and enjoy the changing menu and tastes. We are always in for a new culinary surprise every time we eat here. The patio is great and really nice the bartender remembers our names when we have our drink before dinner. We eat here about twice a month. This is a restaurant where you go to relax and enjoy the experience. You must not be in a hurry. This is a place you want to savor and not be in a hurry :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes! Please! Thank you, more?!AwakenLoveDined on 7/28/2014Following my dear chef friends from a previous restaurant. This place is amazing! The food is magical, because the people are ;) the energy good, and a sweet outdoor vibe. It's my new favorite. There were six of us, including my brothers and even my four year old niece. We had a lovely time and the food was divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014I took a group from work to Cafe Bar for lunch and was shocked at how bad it was. There were too few menu options and 3 out of 6 of us left with stomach upset. It was expensive and lame. Never to return.
- Delightful dinnerSupperTomDined on 7/21/2014Cafe bar is a charming bistro with a lovely patio. The food is top notch and the ambience is excellent. They have a changing menu filled with great appetizers and special cocktails. I had their steak which was chopped and cooked to perfection surrounded by delicious veggies. My lady had the salmon also excellent. I would highly recommend Cafebar for a nice little romantic dinner or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly StaffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Everyone that waited on us was very friendly and personable.Special Features:
- Delish as alwaysprincessfabDined on 7/13/2014I used to live in Wash Park and went frequently after you opened. Since I moved to the Hale neighborhood, I've neglected cafebar a lot. I shouldn't the food is really solid and inventive. And you pour the best mimosas I've had in a while - not too dark (read: plenty of bubbly)! So bravo. Keep doing what you're doing and I will be back more often!Special Features:
- Eat hereMartinVIPDined on 7/11/2014This place is a total gem. Great service and awesome food. The menu changes almost daily, so we can't tell you what to order. That said, almost everything we've ever had there has been spot-on. Great ingredients, great service, and great execution in the kitchen ale for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviews Didn't Live Up To RealitySSGTankerDined on 7/5/2014Made reservations based on reviews from Westword and other sites. We arrived and there were no tables available as requested. No worries. Decided to wait at the bar. Waited for almost 30-min to order Sangria. Poorly made. My wife's tasted like a bad wine spritzer. Bartender really pushed to close out bill. The bad part was listening to all the staff hanging out by the bar complaining. Still no one offered to take order for appetizers or explain wait status. We chose to leave. Owner/Manager stopped us in the street and offered to ask party to leave. By that time it was to little to late. We had already paid our tab and were off to another recommended patio for dinner.Special Features:
- Lively BrunchDerbyGirlVIPDined on 6/29/2014Great Sunday brunch. The place was packed and very energetic (could be those bottomless mimosas). Hard to hear inside but totally fun and great food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!SharonVIPDined on 6/29/2014Always GREAT food and service! All three of our entrees were great!Special Features:
- Disappointed, but will visit againKriss1231Dined on 6/29/2014We eat at Café/Bar about 3-4 times per month. We went to Brunch for first time on Sunday. After 1.5 hours of waiting on an order we were comped by the manager and went to Swing Thai across the street. I know this was a kitchen problem. And we will come again because the food is Very Good!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!M27g16Dined on 6/28/2014We loved every minute of our experience and recommend a reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoedisappointedVIPDined on 6/27/2014Poor service; less than hot, overlooked average food
- Tasty!kfloDined on 6/22/2014Brunch + bottomless blood orange mimosas = outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would Never Go BackBrooks303Dined on 6/20/2014There are no words to describe how bad our experience was. Sincerely, foodies who eat out at least twice a week.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/20/2014Didn't get water until 15 minutes after we arrived, drinks 30 minutes after. Menu is very limited. We tried three of the main four courses, one of which was great. The other two had no flavor.
- disappointedpickyDined on 6/15/2014The reviews were good so we were very disappointed. I had requested a quiet table and we were seated right under a speaker by the bar... NOT quiet. The service (delivery of our food) was exceedingly slow. Our server was very nice and did keep refilling our coffee but didn't seem to recognize that we had been waiting a long time for our brunch and when it did arrive it was not hot and not especially good. Will not be going back or recommending it to anyone.
- not what it used to beBramblesDined on 6/8/2014My boyfriend and I visited CafeBar on a whim and had a delicious brunch. It quickly became one of our favorited places. The menu was new and fresh. There was always something new that intriqued our foodie curiousity. It was the first place we recommended to people when talking about restaurants to try out. We recently brought some out of town guest there. We knew something was changed as soon as we saw the underwhelming menu. They have switched Executive chefs and it wasn't for the better. The menu selection was weak and uninteresting, even more so when we actually got our meals. The food was lacking flavor, our potatoes were undercooked, and my Chicken and Waffles was room temperature at best. Huge disappointment, haven't been backSpecial Features:
- wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The food and drinks at cafe bar are amazing. Really well thought out dishes and a changing menu every day with seasonal ingredients. However, the acoustics in the front room of the restaurant are pretty terrible and it is really hard to hear over everyone else in the room. Great restaurant for young and energetic people, but due to how loud it was in the restaurant, it is hard for older folks to comfortably dine here.Special Features:
- MenuNickDined on 6/7/2014They changed their food menu the day before we dined, so was disappointed that they took off some great staples they had, which were reflected on their website still. Sounds like they are going to a fresh rotating menu, so may be hard to reference the online menu unless they update it consistently. Food was still great as always!Special Features:
- Cafe BarMimiDined on 6/4/2014Once again, a very memorable meal. Everyone in our party of 8 tried several menu items and were never disappointed. They still rave about the good food. If you want a great dining experience, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014We had world class service from beginning to end. I would recommend Cafe Bar to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeFoodluvr83Dined on 6/1/2014I went here with some family and it was amazing. The French toast was the best I've ever had and the service was great. I will definitely go back to Cafebar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply OUTSTANDING!SharonVIPDined on 6/1/2014Amazing food (crab cake eggs benedict and BLT) and fabulous service in one of the best patios in Denver!Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/31/2014This place is great! I was able to make reservations for brunch, huge plus, and great food! Andrea was so great as was Yusef! We had the mushroom hash, french toast, burger, blt, and scallops. Everything delicious. Also the bottomless mimosas are a great deal lol.Special Features:
- Great food, nice atmospherethreetogoDined on 5/26/2014The food here was wonderful. We had made a reservation and when we entered there was nobody to greet us. We waited several minutes and nobody came. The people in the bar area could see us, but just seemed to ignore us, no acknowledgement that we were there or a friendly "somebody will be right with you". I went to the outdoor area to see if I could find someone, but they were all busy so we just seated ourselves. Mike, our waiter, realized what happened and apologized. From then on the service was excellent. Mike paid special attention to our 10 month old and made light conversation with us. The food was the real highlight of this place. Fresh, tasty, great selection. Would definitely go back for the food. Very relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchKellyVIPDined on 5/25/2014I was nervous about previous reviews that were not complementary about the service. I found the service to be wonderful. Our waitress was attentive, provided good recommendations and checking in with out throughout our meal. The patio is very nice. It is carefully tucked on the side of the building that is not adjacent to a busy street, Alameda.Special Features: