9501 W Devon Ave.
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zalute.com/
- Phone: 8476850206
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We will design an individual package tailored to you taste and budget!!! Staff, disposables, warmers and delivery are available
- Private Party Facilities: We design packages to work within each customers budget. We can be elegant or economic. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Butch Navarro 6306380110
- Entertainment: Live entertainment on Saturdays; DJ 10pm-4am, Friday & Saturday
A word from Cafe Zalute
Cafe Zalute offers Italian favorites with it's own signature creations, mouthwatering steaks, ribs, chops and fresh seafood. Great music, dancing and a style like no other are what makes Zalute unique . Daily lunch and dinner specials offered. Private parties and catering are available. This multi level facility is located at 9501 W. Devon Ave. 1/2 block west of River Road near the Rosemont Theatre, allstate Arena, Donald Steven Convention Center and O'Hare Airport with easy access to and from all major expressways. The restaurant was created as a dining, entertainment and dance experience all under one roof. The affordable pricing, generous portions and friendly atmosphere give Cafe Zalute a warm neighborhood feel with the ambiance of a hip cosmopolitan club.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cafe Zalute - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
Cafe Zalute reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- good food and valueFirsttimeoneVIPDined on 8/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first visit here. The menu had many items from which to choose. The food was very good and our server was very attentive and helpful. We went with his recommendations and were not disappointed. We would recommend Cafe Zalute to anyone who likes good Italian food and is in the area.Special Features:
- Just fairChgoeaterDined on 8/16/2014All four of our dinners were just fair. Service was poor for a place only half full. Sign outside and special of the day was all you can eat ribs. At 5pm on Saturday, they had none. Will not return.
- Great servicePrettypickyDined on 7/19/2014Met friends for dinner - the atmosphere was perfect - not too loud. The food was delicious and our server Anthony was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- concert goercurlyDined on 6/7/2014Picked this out from a website as we were going to see Cher and needed a place to eat. what a pleasant surprise. the food was great and the prices didn't break us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodMommyDined on 5/28/2014Great service. Good Food. Great portions. The server was outstanding. Great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 262 reviews are from the Cafe Zalute reviews archive.
- Cafe Zalute is a great findAmySullyDined on 4/19/2014The food was awesome and the service excellent! I wanted to eat all of my husband's eggplant parmesan, and my chicken francaise was the best! Top it off they brought desert for me and my father-in-law for our birthday, which was delicous. will definitely be back. Cheers! AmySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Show DiningZalute41814Dined on 4/18/2014We had tickets for IL DIVO at the Rosemont Theatre. We wanted 5:30pm reservations. Open table only allowed 6:00pm. I put in remarks that we wanted 5:30pm. The owner - Butch, called me cell phone and confirmed that 5:30 was fine and we would be welcome. He welcomed us when we came in. Denise, our waitress was sharp, knowledgeable, proud of their products. She helped us select from an expansive menu. We ate Italian, which means that you eat slow and long....Two hours later we left for the theater thouroughly satisfied with our meal experience at Cafe Zalute. Well done all the way around.Special Features:
- My husband & I decided tomacmawDined on 4/11/2014My husband & I decided to celebrate our 1yr anniversary here at Cafe Zalute and could not have been more impressed! The food and ambiance was just perfect! The service was also excellent. She was very attentive & courteous. Thank you for a memorable anniversary dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The owner and staff were very hospitable and warm for our dining experience. We will definitely return when we travel south to the Rosemont/Chicago again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our early dinner experiencePeteDined on 3/15/2014I had the Italian sausage, peppers and potatoes. It was fantastic. Portions were huge and the whole meal was very tasty. My finance had the shrimp and rossoto. Both meals were spiced amazingly. it was great to find a place for dinner that was not afraid to properly spice food,. In a time where most restaurants tone down there dishes, Café Zalute stands above 99% of them. The wait staff was very friendly and professional. by the time we left (about 5:45pm) the [place had picked up and there were about 10 other tables filled. I would definitely recommend Café Zalute to anyone looking for great Italian food at decent prices and great service. Linda our waitress was so nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/22/2014We enjoyed Cafe Zalute. The bread pudding for dessert was excellent. We needed to get in and out quickly to attend a show and were able to enjoy our meal and get out on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines ritualOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Just like the last visit the food was excellent and portions were more then enough. I very rarely take food home and so far both visits resulted in a take home container. I would highly recommend Cafe Zalute very almost ant occasion. Me and my wife will continue our valentine celebration at Cafe Zalute for years to come...Special Features:
- average experiencefrequentdinerDined on 2/15/2014Service was as expected. Room was quite chilly. Although we rsvp'd 5 days in advanced, we were seated at a table with no tablecloth, even though other tables were properly set (confused) For a party of 4, the table was so small we had to consolidate our food to make more room.They were out of several stock items. Stuffed mushrooms were good. Salads and calamari were ok. Lobster bisque was average . Eggplant (just ok) walleye (good..not great) veal (shoulder shrug) chicken (tender, but bland, side of rice…just ok). Desserts were good, bread pudding and chocolate ice cream. I really expected more, and although not awful, just so bland and boring on the food that it won't occur to visit again. So many other exciting places to go.
- Overall goodSteveDined on 2/14/2014Great food, very good service, loved the Valentine specials. Appetizers, and entrees were prompt and exactly how we ordered them.Special Features:
- Valentine's daykc1973Dined on 2/14/20143 girlfriends and I had a very nice dinner here on Valentine's Day. We all ordered something different and each of us had leftovers to take home. The walleye special was delicious! My friends enjoyed the eggplant Parmesan, talapia and chicken dishes.Special Features:
- WOW...so glad we tried this place!paksDined on 1/31/2014Extensive menu with good prices. Everyone was leaving with a dogie bag, us included...they serve very good sized portions & it was nice to have yummy leftovers the next day! Warm bread & garlic knots! Soup or salad with each entree. We stumbled into a really great find of a place! Nice food presentation, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/28/2014I had a co-worker in from out of town and he happen to be staying at a nearby hotel so this worked out very well. Wine list while not extensive had a very nice selection. The portion were larger that what I expected in comparison to other restaurants I've eaten at; however, that was fine by me. The dinner was very cooked just right so it's a place I would venture to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurantnicknamesrstupdVIPDined on 1/27/2014Had not heard of this place but decided to take a group from work. Everyone enjoyed it very much, the food was great and the price made it a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there after work andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/20/2014Went there after work and enjoyed our meal; shrimp scampi was outstanding, Veal limone my husband really enjoyed and the linguine with white clam sauce was big enough for two. I would go back again.Special Features:
- US FOODSHsu2dinnerVIPDined on 1/20/2014The Blackened Tilapia sandwich is my all-time favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianDebdinesDined on 1/18/2014Been here numerous times and this place never disappoints - just gets better. Extensive menu and I can honestly say that no matter what I order, it is always great. Service is attentive while not overbearing. Very friendly environment. Eggplant Parm is one of my all time favorites and Cafe Zalute has the best. Stuffed artichoke appetizer is a real treat as well. Even with the huge menu, this time we tried an item from the special menu which included spinach lasagna. It was perfect. I would recommend Cafe Zalute for anyone who is looking for a wonderful and reasonably priced dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for lunch!ShariVIPDined on 1/17/2014I came on a Friday with a friend. We had stuffed mushrooms & the lobster bisque soup -both very good; for our entree we had the Italian sausage with peppers & potatoes-excellent! For our dessert, we shared the warm bread pudding topped with ice cream - excellent, the best I have ever tasted! Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for an early NYE dinner.MoeNDined on 12/31/2013Went for an early NYE dinner. Staff was very friendly. Had the Chicken Francaise - EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLuv2eatDined on 12/31/2013Overall the food was good. Our server although, was just ok. We ordered a bottle of wine that was listed on their holiday special list. When she returned she has a different bottle. I asked her about it and she said we don't carry that. Strange. The food was excellent Our group would highly recommend the salute sampler. It has fresh clams, delicious calamari, stuffed mushrooms and bruschetta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2013The food was excellent and plentiful. The service was also very good.Special Features:
- Decent, but will not returnRenee23Dined on 12/23/2013Food was good, but not impressed by the ambiance, the waitress's lack of knowledge, and the retro bar not being open.
- Food was good but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2013Food was good but service ruined the experience. Waitress rushed us and there was no one waiting to be seated. Was loud and drafty....the space heater just didnt cut it... Would not recommend.
- Good italianccscarDined on 11/23/2013Sat in the bar, didn't really get to see the restaurant. Food was very good. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!FoodnoviceDined on 11/16/2013We were greeted nicely and seated immediately, our server was very attentive. We got baked clams and artichoke hearts as appetizers. Both were good but perhaps just a little heavy on the breading, just personal preference. For entrees we both got veal. Mine was Marsala and my wife had the special Florentine with spinach, red peppers and cheese. They were prepared perfectly and the portion size was generous. We were served hot bread and rolls which were delicious and we ordered a bottle of Chianti. We had a dessert and the total bill was just about $100. Great deal! We'll definitely be back as it is a great neighborhood find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodsquirrelwhispererDined on 10/26/2013We had great food, good service. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Zalute does it rightRosieVIPDined on 10/19/2013Never had a bad anything at Cafe Zalute. Food is incredible. Nice portions, everything is prepared fresh. Great wine list and cocktails. You owe it to yourself to have dinner here. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasWhere2Dined on 10/19/2013Food was great, service was a bit slow in getting our food out in a timely manner. Overall a good place to gatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEileenDined on 10/19/2013Yes, it was sweetest day but that shouldn't be a reason to have such incredibly poor service. We arrived at 6p.m, believing we would be out of there by 7:15 (early dinners never take long - right? wrong). We didn't get out of there until 7:50 - and we had a play to attend at 8. I ordered a second glass of wine at about 6;45 - it never came but was billed to us. I do have to say the only highlight was their lobster bisque soup - it was incredible!
- Cafe Zalute on FridayAndyDined on 9/27/2013Good food as always. Moderate amount of people. Had dinner inside - nice enough, but prefer outside.Special Features:
- fun with friendsajflan5Dined on 8/30/2013it was old friends getting together a catching up. The waiter was very couteous and let us just talk and talk and talk . After he got our order he kept refilling glasses ans asking if we needed anything else. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch is best optionMuffin34Dined on 8/23/2013The food is good, the service (not inlcuding the one bus boy as he was the only one working his heart out) was not that great, but it's close to the office and lunch works well there.Special Features:
- Great meal, excellent serviceHazmatVIPDined on 8/21/2013Our meal was fantastic. Our waiter was phenomenal. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ItaliancamuleDined on 8/16/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The portions were very generous. We were visiting the area so were unable to take home any leftovers. We had the Chicken Asiago and Italian Sausage and Peppers and Potatoes. We enjoyed the meal very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Atmosphere a littleJol847Dined on 8/14/2013Great food. Atmosphere a little dated. Very noisy - hard to have a conversation around a large table sometimes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great authentic ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013Calamari was amazing, and entrees were fantastic. We were shocked at the low cost for a truly remarkable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.