Cafe Vico Ristorante
1125 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Vico Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafevicorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9545659681
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Vico
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for 18 people and another private room for 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alex 9545659681
- Entertainment: Wine Dinner Movie is present once a month, check website for dates
A word from Cafe Vico Ristorante
Homemade pastas, award winning Lasagna Bolognese, full bar service and private rooms availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Vico Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Vico Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (91)romantic (75)special occasion (72)fit for foodies (61)good for groups (48)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Best Italian restaurantPassionate4foodDined on 9/11/2014This is a wonderful dining spot my new favorite restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RenovationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014The remodel is a big improvement over the previous awkward walk through arrangement. Food still good if a little pricey. The live music in the new bar area is way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my faves!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014The lasagna is to die for! Hometown gem where everything tastes fresh and authenticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Outstanding neighborhood restaurant that consistently serves an excellent meal. The new bar area and entertainment has taken the restaurant to a new level. perfect for a full course meal or if you just wantto sit at the bar and listen to good musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Vico = PerfectionMJR33065Dined on 9/6/2014Everything about this restaurant was just beautiful. The food was amazing and the staff takes care of every detail..Special Features:
- MexicanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Having dining their for years, it was very disappointing. Sine their renovation I think they are suffering from growing pains. Will try it agin in high season.
- Not the Same :(OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great! Food for good, not great. Atmosphere was way too crowded and noisy! With all the expansion they've done, they seem to have lost the desire to keep the atmosphere intimate and cozy.Special Features:
- Started out with bad servicepompDined on 9/4/2014But the food was very good and they tried to make up for the poor service in the beginning with good service later. We had to wait 20 minutes for our table (late on a Thursday night and we could see a few open tables in the dinning room), then it took another 20 miniutes to get a drink. So our first drink was 40 minutes after the time of our reservation, then first food at 9 (one hour after reservation). There were plenty of open tables when we were eating, they were not too busy by that time.Special Features:
- Good ItalianFrankinHKVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food and service here was very good. Friendly, efficient service. I will return.Special Features:
- Favorite places to eat in FLFish80Dined on 8/31/2014Great place to eat/ service and food is always goodSpecial Features:
- Long time customer :-(OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Remodeling is beautiful. New prices, too high...you're not D'angelos. $49.50 for veal chop Milanese ? $28 for veal parm? $37 for yellow tail snapper filet special? $25 wine corkage, and all I got was small red wine glasses. Love this place, hate the new higher prices. Marco's hospitality is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MavenVIPDined on 8/30/2014Cafe Vico is always an excellent choice, nice menu excellent specials, pasta is delicious. The new renovations make the place trendy and upscale, lost some of its old dated look.Special Features:
- Great evening outLiscodojDined on 8/28/2014Splendid food and unrushed service made for a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobSck3297Dined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I had an excellent experience dining here. The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all 5/5. We will be coming back soon and will recommend to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigger not Better YetprofjoeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Mario has expanded Cafe Vico. Now with a large piano bar, live piano or other music and a new entrance. The service was very attentive. Traditional Italian fare is still very good and carefully watched over by Mario himself. Wine list is one of the better ones for Italian wines.Special Features:
- Overpriced and OverratedBlueCollarFoodCriticDined on 8/20/2014I went to this restaurant after reading very favorable reviews. I found that the fine dining prices did not reflect the quality of the food or the service. Imaging paying $37 for a locally sourced yellowtail snapper filet, and when the server arrives at a table for two, has to ask who ordered the fish and who ordered the chicken. Café Vico includes potato and vegetable with all entrees. This amounts to a spoonful of sweet potato, two tiny broccoli florets, and a small separate dish of penne pasta with tasteless marinara sauce. The chicken marsala came pounded so thin (about 1/4" thick) that it lacked tenderness. It was accompanied with a properly prepared marsala sauce. Don't bother with the Caesar salad with its store bought dressing.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The service and food are excellent. Markos make you feel like family!Special Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 8/18/2014Cafe Vico is a delight. Everyone we take to this restaurant walks away happy and satisfied. The food is consistantly good and the new renovations are lovely. it is a neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Not so great this timeEnzotheBakerDined on 8/17/2014First visit since remodel. Have dined here at least 20 times, this was the first one classified as a "miss". New bar is lovely. Seating area for dinner (in the back)was much too dark, couldn't read the menu without using light from our phones. Bread and garlic oil delicious as always, same for the carpaccio and special sausage app. The lobster special had excellent homemade pasta, the lobster was overcooked, dry and not edible. The lasagna was tasty. The desserts were the big letdown. The creme brûlée and apple tart both looked and tasted old and were nowhere near the previous standards. Server had to be asked to tell us the specials and forgot our coffees with dessert. Overall a 5-6 out of 10 for a place that usually hits a solid 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17 Years of ExcellencehatetocookDined on 8/17/201417 years of excellence. One of the first restaurants we ever went to when moving here and we have witnessed the wonderful growth of the business. Always a fine dining experience which we recommend to friends and newcomers all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better From The Insidebruce4gunsDined on 8/17/2014When you look at it from the outside you are doubtful. When you get inside you feel like you have come home. When you get your food you then you realize you really want to come back often.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014It was always an excellent restaurant food and service, but now with the renovation the place is amazing I would recommend it highly to anyoneSpecial Features:
- disappointed14Dined on 8/17/2014The service was wonderful but the food was forgettable.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!IKnowFoodDined on 8/16/2014When you're fortunate enough to find this kind of freshness, combined with exquisite light sauces and flavors that fire your senses in truly homemade regional Italian dishes, all served with amazing wines, in the beautiful go casual or dress to the nines dining room, outdoor terrace, or brand new expansive piano bar, then you'll be one of the happiest diners in Fort Lauderdale. And you'll still be going back 5 years later too! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Italian HomeRobertKDined on 8/15/2014Cafe Vico feels like you have walked into an Italian Home for dinner. The owner or wife almost always greets you at the door. The waiters are attentitive and have a nice demeanor. The menu has a good variety of dishes for one's mood of the evening. The food quality and presentation is high. I have always found a high degree of consistency, which brings repeated visits by myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great this timeAverageCustomerDined on 8/15/2014Very importantly the noise levels are greatly improved since the expansion, you can actually have a conversation over dinner. Previously the noise level was only tolerated because of the quality of the food. The service was very good, as usual. Unfortunately, the food while not terrible, was not on the same level as I had previously experienced on many prior dinners. My guest was a first timer and was polite, but clearly not overwhelmed. Possibly an uncharacteristic off night for the kitchen. I will try it again once more, as this is the first time I have had any issues with the food in the hope the quality of the food returns to it's previous level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencesunatDined on 8/10/2014Authentic, authentic, authentic... great amazing fresh food tastes!!! had a great time, been there 4 times already and each time was a bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New piano bar!EastsiderDined on 8/10/2014Cafe Vico is a neighborhood gem and has recently gone thru an expansion, which is great! The expansion is a new piano bar, was well thought out. We sat at the bar listening to the pianist while having dinner. Our food was delicious and service was attentive and friendly. I would recommend Cafe Vico for great Italian food and a great piano bar!Special Features:
- A Solid Option for Italian FoodIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 8/10/2014Good food, ambiance and service. Nothing overly exceptional, but a decent place for quality Italian food.Special Features:
- A Friday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food....great service....nice ambiance.....My Husband and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently PleasesKarenNDined on 8/6/2014My husband loves the Lasagna Bolognese! We have been coming here regularly since we moved here in 2008 and it has only gotten better since the expansion. The menu is consistent with traditional favorites and the service amiable and efficient. We were there on a Wednesday night at 6:30 and was surprised how packed the place was on a weeknight in August. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSherDined on 8/6/20142 for 1 lunch entrees. High quality food. Service could be improved. We had to ask for water refills. Server didn't check back after food was delivered to see if we were satisfied.Special Features:
- LisaVIPDined on 8/2/2014As always Café Vico was excellent! Food, Ambience, service, wine was all perfect!Special Features:
- A Rare FindMichigannativeDined on 8/1/2014We found Cafe Vico on the Open Table list of restaurants in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We had no idea how wonderful the food and service would be. The wine list is full of vintages to treat most pallets. From the appetizer to the dessert all food was well prepared and delicious. It has been a long time since I have had such great overall service. We will dine here again when we come to the area.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantServiceDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is great but the service is not in keeping with prices. Took forever to get bread and water. Bread brought without butter or oil. Took forever to get someone's attention and even more time to finally get it the butter and oil. Requested shrimp parm. which was not on menu. Had to ask waiter twice if the request was granted. Entre took a long time to get to table. Suspect it was sitting there ready to be brought out. Spaghetti and shrimp mushy by time I got it. Hope unusual experience. Always liked everything before. Did not recognize busboy and waiter.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!Chris3412VIPDined on 7/20/2014Passes by Cafe Vico for years and never noticed it! Friends took us there and it was delicious! Service was great, friendly and efficient. Mains are large and can be shares. Deserts were delicious. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Neighborhood ItalianSoFrustratedDined on 7/19/2014Nothing but perfection! Cafe Vico offers quality Italian food at reasonable prices. The food was hot, the drinks were cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BeachbumVIPDined on 7/19/2014From the moment you walked into the restaurant until the time you left everything was perfect! The service, the food, everything. The staff was very friendly and made you feel special. Each entrees was fantastic, recommendations the best- veal, chicken, seafood! High on our priority list and of course we will return!Special Features:
- Love itShorty2024Dined on 7/18/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was good, the staff great and the music ambiance was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A number one choice in LauderdaleJb11VIPDined on 7/18/2014Café Vico was recently enlarged...and now it is better then before. Reservations are honored on time, food is outstanding, and the ambience of a great Italian restaurant are evident all over. It is a great neighborhood find.Special Features: