Cafe Vico Ristorante
1125 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Vico Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafevicorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (954) 565-9681
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Vico
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for 18 people and another private room for 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alex 9545659681
- Entertainment: Wine Dinner Movie is present once a month, check website for dates
A word from Cafe Vico Ristorante
Homemade pastas, award winning Lasagna Bolognese, full bar service and private rooms availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Vico Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Vico Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
162 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (90)special occasion (85)romantic (79)good for groups (67)notable wine list (62)vibrant bar scene (57)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (17)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- hidden gemBullDined on 11/25/2014The food was delicious. The pasta is all homemade and is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014I took some friends from the UK to enjoy a very special dinner. The service and food were excellent. The ambiance was conducive to having a normal conversation. I would recommend to all who wish to have great food and a romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL AS ALWAYSFriendsDined on 11/23/2014Every special occasion we go to Café Vico and have never been disappointed. The food is fantastic no matter what we order. For us it is a bit more than moderate pricing so we normally go on special occasions and when out of town friends and business associates come to visit. We leave an hour away so it has to be extra special for us to keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- papertakerDined on 11/23/2014Outstanding dining experience, our waiter was attentive, ambiance was very conducive to one of the best fine dining experience we have ever had. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the more romantic restaurants in the areamikepVIPDined on 11/19/2014Would dine here again and can't say that about most restaurants. Tons of garlic, like you'd expect. The desserts were good and very well plated but flavor was a bit weak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 9999VIPDined on 11/17/2014THE NEW BAR AREA IS BEAUTIFUL. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT, AS ALWAYS. THE SERVER, JACKSON WAS VERY ATTENTIVE.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good.MB18Dined on 11/16/2014Good food but a bit pricey....Portions could be a little bigger for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poorly trained staff. lanuage issues.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2014Asked for a gin and tonic with lime. Served a gin martini with a side glass of tonic. Really? Staff seemed afraid to have conversation with guest afraid to clear used items from table. Definite lanuage issue with servers lacking english. Seemed to be a popular place but tough for us to return at the prices charged in fear of another poor service experience.
- Great place...too much garlicLA412Dined on 11/16/2014Great atmosphere, very clean, excellent staff BUT way too much garlic starting with the dipping oil and continuing to the entees. Will definitely go back and try other dishes with less garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceKarenVIPDined on 11/14/2014Overall a good dining experience at Café Vico. Excellent service, well prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious mealhomeisbestVIPDined on 11/13/2014We went here with a Living Social Deal for a late lunch and felt we made quite a find. Despite a strip mall location, the ambiance inside was very pleasing as was the service. It was nice to have soft music that was appropriate to the location. The wine was excellent and reasonable. We shared a wonderful meatball, mushroom appetizer. My wife felt the lasagna Bolognese might have been the best lasagna she ever had. I "settled" for veal Parmesan as there was not anything that seemed "exciting" to me on the menu and felt I had a very nice meal. The desserts were tempting but we were full. We will need to return at dinner to try out the full menu. As it is quite a drive for us, we will save that outing for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old SchoolVisitorDined on 11/10/2014Very attentive staff and management. Food was well prepared, plentiful and tasty. Everyone enjoyed their dishes. The bar area was pretty noisy making conversation challenging at times. Old school interior, lots if interesting old photos on the walls, if you like that style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I visited on a Saturday evening. Personally met by the owner and taken to our table. Shared an excellent bottle of wine over dinner. Flavorful food. Beautiful ambiance. Need more?Special Features:
- Even more special with its new look.VIP2VIPDined on 11/7/2014New look is really great and our dinners just the other night were excellent. Both in the mood for veal we ordered our favorites and were not disappointed. Veal Piccata and Veal Parma-superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great findREBrokerDined on 11/4/2014This place has been here for years but we've never been. Too bad... we'll be back often. A group of 7 of us, including a 4 year old and an infant, were celebrating my wife's birthday. The staff was attentive. The food was excellent, and the wine list was very diverse. There's nothing bad I can say about this place.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBallfordVIPDined on 11/1/2014I had my birthday dinner here this past Saturday and Marco and his staff were outstanding, we have been coming here since they first opened and have never been disappointed. The service and food is as good as anywhere in south Florida. We were seated in there new wine room and it provided the most perfect setting for our group. The new renovations make it truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindJb11VIPDined on 11/1/2014Great neighborhood restaurant. Food is excellent as well as wine choices.Special Features:
- harperharperDined on 11/1/2014everything good except noise. couldn't hear my 2 guests!! we were celebrating my birthday and has to raise our voices to be heard. some people may enjoy that level of noise, maybe we're just too old!!!!!!Special Features:
- AmazingNaplesNanaVIPDined on 10/31/2014What a lucky find. Visiting from Naples and looking for a good Italian restaurant but did not know the Ft. Lauderdale area. The food was wonderful, service attentive, a great wine list. Lasagna is the best ever and the veal parm cooked to perfection. We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jav24Dined on 10/31/2014Loved the food, service and very nice ambience. Will recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful renovationjfs226VIPDined on 10/30/2014Anyone who has dinned at Café Vico, in the past, will be WOWED by the beautiful bar and Piano Lounge. Happy Hour is available daily till 7, with a piano accompanist beginning around 6:45-7, till close. The main dinning room has been reconfigured, looking more inviting than ever. The menu is still one of my favorites, prices extremely fair. I was in the mood for Pasta, so I choose the Papaiodelli with broccoli and sausage, and my husband loves any and all their meat preparations. Tonight he choose the double cut pork chop in a finger licking mushroom sauce. Carbs or not he HAD to have VICO'S ricotta cheese cake. Big smile on his face after eating every single crumb. Will be back in a couple of week, before Thanksgiving, can't wait!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Owner makes Cafe Vico specialCANES1Dined on 10/28/2014The Owner was very friendly and visible in the Dining room...stopping to talk to every table. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice !NormanDined on 10/23/2014My wife and I had dinner for the first time since the upgrade of the bar and it a home run ! Music at the bar, a great bartender, an owner who pays attentions to detail and the food was outstanding. This is a "must try " restaurant when you are in the Fort Lauderdale area.Special Features:
- CBCFlVIPDined on 10/23/2014It was good but not the best itslisn,may fish was very good but the pasta sauce was to spicy for marinara the shrimp scampi was good waiters need to be more service oriented oh the cs lois however are fresh , would need to try the homemade pasta which is their so specialty I guessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food loverfoodloverDined on 10/17/2014Food was exception as was the ambiance but the noise level was off-putting. The noise from the bar was overwhelming at our table so the next time I go, I would ask for a table as far away from the bar as possible.Special Features:
- Wow...a real gem :)foodlover12Dined on 10/12/2014Lived here 20+ yrs... never knew about Cafe Vico until this wknd. Now it's our #1 Italian place in SFla and we've eaten at quite a few of the top names. We're already planning to return for happy hour or dinner in the next few weeks. This is another one of those gems, like Timpanos, that has a romantic, retro atmosphere we both adore and can't find very often. Pianist and lounge was a pleasure: we sat in the dining area, but could hear the music. The carpaccio was seasoned perfectly. Our entrees were terrific - black pasta and spicy sauce for me and my husband's favorite: Veal Piazzola. It wasn't on menu but they gladly made it. The house Chianti was quite tasty and reasonably priced. The espresso was even great: usually weak elsewhere.Special Features:
- CoastalGirlDined on 10/11/2014Excellent and knowledgeable wait staff. Food was excellent - compliments to the Chef !Special Features:
- Birthday dinner celebrationlocaldinerDined on 10/11/2014Called to ask about special birthday desert and staff said they could bring tiramisu with candle. He was confirmed my reservation and request. . But on night of dinner, nothing happened. Disappointed. However meal good. And overall nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014from appetizer to coffee and dessert, it's always consistenly good food. New piano bar that opened is gorgeous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very good and the service was also good.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Second time I've been there and it was fantastic! Food is excellent, service is amazing and the ambiance is wonderful. My new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't miss it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This is the place for authentic italian food - like your momma used to make! I will be dreaming about this food for weeks.... trying to figure out a future trip to Ft Lauderdale just to eat here again. Everything from the melt in your mouth burrata appetizer to the bechamel lasagna......I am so glad a local told me to dine at Cafe Vico.... an experience to remember!Special Features:
- JerryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014as always, a fantastic and romantic dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful GroupGerryWDined on 10/3/2014Everyone that works there says hello and willing to serve. The owner is always super nice when greeting you at the doorSpecial Features:
- A whole new experiencereviewsDined on 10/3/2014The food is and has always been over the top. They just added a piano bar in a totally separate room I was anticipating a piano with seats. However, they added a full sized bar Great move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracyDined on 9/21/2014You can always count on great food, great service and a fun filled environment. The new remodel looks amazing. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- AliCatFLVIPDined on 9/21/2014My flounder rollatini with salmon, shrimp & asparagus and my husbands veal shank were both exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Vico never disappoints!KatyDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have been eating at Cafe Vico since it was a tiny, cozy one room restaurant. In response to its popularity, Marco (the always charming proprietor) has expanded, yet he has maintained this local hot spot's charm and exceptional menu and service. Whether you are looking to dine at a romantic spot, spend time with close friends, have a family gathering, or plan a business dinner for a large group, Cafe Vico will never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealjfs226VIPDined on 9/17/2014I must hand it to the team at Café Vice, what a place. The food is always on the mark, service too. I love my linguini in white clams sauce while my husband is delighted with all their veal dishes. Try the café, you will NEVER be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemItalianDined on 9/14/2014I never would have chosen this restaurant given that is in a strip mall and kind of out of the way - actually I probably wouldn't have ever even noticed it but I had a Living Social voucher and went there and was so glad I did. We ate outside and it was very quiet since it was a warm night and everyone else was inside. I'm not sure how the noise level was inside. The food was very excellent - just everything about it was great!!! Definitely recommend it.Special Features: