Cafe Vico Ristorante
1125 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Vico Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafevicorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9545659681
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Vico
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for 18 people and another private room for 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alex 9545659681
- Entertainment: Wine Dinner Movie is present once a month, check website for dates
A word from Cafe Vico Ristorante
Homemade pastas, award winning Lasagna Bolognese, full bar service and private rooms availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Vico Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Vico Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (71)romantic (68)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (48)notable wine list (46)vibrant bar scene (25)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great JobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I had an excellent experience dining here. The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all 5/5. We will be coming back soon and will recommend to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigger not Better YetprofjoeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Mario has expanded Cafe Vico. Now with a large piano bar, live piano or other music and a new entrance. The service was very attentive. Traditional Italian fare is still very good and carefully watched over by Mario himself. Wine list is one of the better ones for Italian wines.Special Features:
- Overpriced and OverratedBlueCollarFoodCriticDined on 8/20/2014I went to this restaurant after reading very favorable reviews. I found that the fine dining prices did not reflect the quality of the food or the service. Imaging paying $37 for a locally sourced yellowtail snapper filet, and when the server arrives at a table for two, has to ask who ordered the fish and who ordered the chicken. Café Vico includes potato and vegetable with all entrees. This amounts to a spoonful of sweet potato, two tiny broccoli florets, and a small separate dish of penne pasta with tasteless marinara sauce. The chicken marsala came pounded so thin (about 1/4" thick) that it lacked tenderness. It was accompanied with a properly prepared marsala sauce. Don't bother with the Caesar salad with its store bought dressing.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The service and food are excellent. Markos make you feel like family!Special Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 8/18/2014Cafe Vico is a delight. Everyone we take to this restaurant walks away happy and satisfied. The food is consistantly good and the new renovations are lovely. it is a neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Not so great this timeEnzotheBakerDined on 8/17/2014First visit since remodel. Have dined here at least 20 times, this was the first one classified as a "miss". New bar is lovely. Seating area for dinner (in the back)was much too dark, couldn't read the menu without using light from our phones. Bread and garlic oil delicious as always, same for the carpaccio and special sausage app. The lobster special had excellent homemade pasta, the lobster was overcooked, dry and not edible. The lasagna was tasty. The desserts were the big letdown. The creme brûlée and apple tart both looked and tasted old and were nowhere near the previous standards. Server had to be asked to tell us the specials and forgot our coffees with dessert. Overall a 5-6 out of 10 for a place that usually hits a solid 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17 Years of ExcellencehatetocookDined on 8/17/201417 years of excellence. One of the first restaurants we ever went to when moving here and we have witnessed the wonderful growth of the business. Always a fine dining experience which we recommend to friends and newcomers all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better From The Insidebruce4gunsDined on 8/17/2014When you look at it from the outside you are doubtful. When you get inside you feel like you have come home. When you get your food you then you realize you really want to come back often.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014It was always an excellent restaurant food and service, but now with the renovation the place is amazing I would recommend it highly to anyoneSpecial Features:
- disappointed14Dined on 8/17/2014The service was wonderful but the food was forgettable.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!IKnowFoodDined on 8/16/2014When you're fortunate enough to find this kind of freshness, combined with exquisite light sauces and flavors that fire your senses in truly homemade regional Italian dishes, all served with amazing wines, in the beautiful go casual or dress to the nines dining room, outdoor terrace, or brand new expansive piano bar, then you'll be one of the happiest diners in Fort Lauderdale. And you'll still be going back 5 years later too! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Italian HomeRobertKDined on 8/15/2014Cafe Vico feels like you have walked into an Italian Home for dinner. The owner or wife almost always greets you at the door. The waiters are attentitive and have a nice demeanor. The menu has a good variety of dishes for one's mood of the evening. The food quality and presentation is high. I have always found a high degree of consistency, which brings repeated visits by myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not great this timeAverageCustomerDined on 8/15/2014Very importantly the noise levels are greatly improved since the expansion, you can actually have a conversation over dinner. Previously the noise level was only tolerated because of the quality of the food. The service was very good, as usual. Unfortunately, the food while not terrible, was not on the same level as I had previously experienced on many prior dinners. My guest was a first timer and was polite, but clearly not overwhelmed. Possibly an uncharacteristic off night for the kitchen. I will try it again once more, as this is the first time I have had any issues with the food in the hope the quality of the food returns to it's previous level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencesunatDined on 8/10/2014Authentic, authentic, authentic... great amazing fresh food tastes!!! had a great time, been there 4 times already and each time was a bliss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New piano bar!EastsiderDined on 8/10/2014Cafe Vico is a neighborhood gem and has recently gone thru an expansion, which is great! The expansion is a new piano bar, was well thought out. We sat at the bar listening to the pianist while having dinner. Our food was delicious and service was attentive and friendly. I would recommend Cafe Vico for great Italian food and a great piano bar!Special Features:
- A Solid Option for Italian FoodIraBfromCSGVIPDined on 8/10/2014Good food, ambiance and service. Nothing overly exceptional, but a decent place for quality Italian food.Special Features:
- A Friday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food....great service....nice ambiance.....My Husband and I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently PleasesKarenNDined on 8/6/2014My husband loves the Lasagna Bolognese! We have been coming here regularly since we moved here in 2008 and it has only gotten better since the expansion. The menu is consistent with traditional favorites and the service amiable and efficient. We were there on a Wednesday night at 6:30 and was surprised how packed the place was on a weeknight in August. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchSherDined on 8/6/20142 for 1 lunch entrees. High quality food. Service could be improved. We had to ask for water refills. Server didn't check back after food was delivered to see if we were satisfied.Special Features:
- LisaVIPDined on 8/2/2014As always Café Vico was excellent! Food, Ambience, service, wine was all perfect!Special Features:
- A Rare FindMichigannativeDined on 8/1/2014We found Cafe Vico on the Open Table list of restaurants in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We had no idea how wonderful the food and service would be. The wine list is full of vintages to treat most pallets. From the appetizer to the dessert all food was well prepared and delicious. It has been a long time since I have had such great overall service. We will dine here again when we come to the area.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantServiceDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is great but the service is not in keeping with prices. Took forever to get bread and water. Bread brought without butter or oil. Took forever to get someone's attention and even more time to finally get it the butter and oil. Requested shrimp parm. which was not on menu. Had to ask waiter twice if the request was granted. Entre took a long time to get to table. Suspect it was sitting there ready to be brought out. Spaghetti and shrimp mushy by time I got it. Hope unusual experience. Always liked everything before. Did not recognize busboy and waiter.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!Chris3412VIPDined on 7/20/2014Passes by Cafe Vico for years and never noticed it! Friends took us there and it was delicious! Service was great, friendly and efficient. Mains are large and can be shares. Deserts were delicious. Will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Neighborhood ItalianSoFrustratedDined on 7/19/2014Nothing but perfection! Cafe Vico offers quality Italian food at reasonable prices. The food was hot, the drinks were cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BeachbumVIPDined on 7/19/2014From the moment you walked into the restaurant until the time you left everything was perfect! The service, the food, everything. The staff was very friendly and made you feel special. Each entrees was fantastic, recommendations the best- veal, chicken, seafood! High on our priority list and of course we will return!Special Features:
- Love itShorty2024Dined on 7/18/2014This was our first time at the restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was good, the staff great and the music ambiance was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A number one choice in LauderdaleJb11Dined on 7/18/2014Café Vico was recently enlarged...and now it is better then before. Reservations are honored on time, food is outstanding, and the ambience of a great Italian restaurant are evident all over. It is a great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- carmilDined on 7/17/2014Food was good tho' a bit pricey & portions were a bit small.Special Features:
- We had a great time!HowieDined on 7/13/2014This is an awesome restaurant! Some of the best Italian food around. The service is very good and our waiter suggested a wine that we really liked.Special Features:
- Just great foodLoveslobsterDined on 7/12/2014So reliable for good food, but with expansion the prices have gone up. Quality of food is excellent....go early before the restaurant fills up because it gets extremely noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentLeeLuLetDined on 7/10/2014Been going to Vico since they were a one store front mom & pop operation. Food is consistently good. Prices are a bit high and portions are not sharable. Keep an eye out for Groupon and Living Social deals.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseBertDined on 7/6/2014My wife and I took advantage of a Living Social offer to visit Cafe Vico. We are glad we did. Tucked into a typical shopping plaza on US1, you'll have no idea what lies in store once you pass through Cafe Vico's doors. The service is top notch; the ambiance, warm and inviting, and the menu simple, but elegant. And be prepared for a friendly and sincere table side greeting from Cafe Vico's owner. We will return.Special Features:
- Always greatLaketownDined on 7/3/2014Cafe Vico never disappoints. The food is always great, service is fantastic as well. Great date spot, or special occasion, or just when you want some great Italian. The new bar looks very nice, and will be open soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingpeachpitDined on 7/3/2014Stuffed artichoke app. would make an amazing dinner!!!; best I've ever had ,next to my grandmothers of courseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2014From the moment we walked in, they made us feel comfortable and welcome. The owner walked over to the table within five minutes.... To welcome us. The food was excellent hot prepared just the way we like it. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It was a pleasureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2014This restaurant is always excellent ! I have recommended it to many of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ft lauderdale's own gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014best place by far, i have never, ever been disappointed with this place, service and food always consistent thank you, guysSpecial Features:
- Cafe Vico Dinner ReviewElGuapo305Dined on 6/28/2014Great food experience. The staff is attentive and service was great. You can tell the chef knows how to make authentic Italian food. It is in a strip mall though, so I wouldn't go here if you think it's going to be a trendy date spot. Great place for foodies, family dinners etc.Special Features:
- Consistent as alwaysmag3434Dined on 6/27/2014My husband and I come here for several special occasions during the year including bringing the family for Christmas Eve. We were just there celebrating our anniversary this past weekend. Although Cafe Vico is great for special occasions, it is also a wonderful place for just any ol' day of the week for some great food, amazing service, beautiful atmosphere and the personal feeling of being welcome... in other words, not just another patron. It helps that the prices are reasonable. The food is always fresh and absolutely delicious - not to mention the presentations are exceptional as well. My hubby is an Executive Chef so I hope this is taken with the highest compliments to your chefs there! We'll be back this Sunday with some friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SURPRISE TUCKED IN A STRIP MALLRitzVIPDined on 6/21/2014YUMMY...this was a great find. I would have given it 4 1/2 stars if I could have. I love good Italian food and being from North Jersey this stood right up there next to some of my favorite spots. I had the steamed clams bianco, absolutely delicious. The clams were tender and the broth wonderful for soaking bread in. I also had the veal parm. I am a total veal parm snob. I was hesitant about ordering it because I am so picky about it. I was so glad I did. It was just tender and wonderful. My other table guests loved everything they had. Definately worth the trip.Special Features: