Cafe Vico Ristorante
1125 North Federal Highway
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Cafe Vico Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.cafevicorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9545659681
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Vico
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for 18 people and another private room for 32 people.
- Private Party Contact: Alex 9545659681
- Entertainment: Wine Dinner Movie is present once a month, check website for dates
A word from Cafe Vico Ristorante
Homemade pastas, award winning Lasagna Bolognese, full bar service and private rooms availableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Cafe Vico Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Cafe Vico Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (88)romantic (68)special occasion (67)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (52)notable wine list (43)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wow...a real gem :)foodlover12Dined on 10/12/2014Lived here 20+ yrs... never knew about Cafe Vico until this wknd. Now it's our #1 Italian place in SFla and we've eaten at quite a few of the top names. We're already planning to return for happy hour or dinner in the next few weeks. This is another one of those gems, like Timpanos, that has a romantic, retro atmosphere we both adore and can't find very often. Pianist and lounge was a pleasure: we sat in the dining area, but could hear the music. The carpaccio was seasoned perfectly. Our entrees were terrific - black pasta and spicy sauce for me and my husband's favorite: Veal Piazzola. It wasn't on menu but they gladly made it. The house Chianti was quite tasty and reasonably priced. The espresso was even great: usually weak elsewhere.Special Features:
- CoastalGirlDined on 10/11/2014Excellent and knowledgeable wait staff. Food was excellent - compliments to the Chef !Special Features:
- Birthday dinner celebrationlocaldinerDined on 10/11/2014Called to ask about special birthday desert and staff said they could bring tiramisu with candle. He was confirmed my reservation and request. . But on night of dinner, nothing happened. Disappointed. However meal good. And overall nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014from appetizer to coffee and dessert, it's always consistenly good food. New piano bar that opened is gorgeous.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The food was very good and the service was also good.Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Second time I've been there and it was fantastic! Food is excellent, service is amazing and the ambiance is wonderful. My new favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Don't miss it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This is the place for authentic italian food - like your momma used to make! I will be dreaming about this food for weeks.... trying to figure out a future trip to Ft Lauderdale just to eat here again. Everything from the melt in your mouth burrata appetizer to the bechamel lasagna......I am so glad a local told me to dine at Cafe Vico.... an experience to remember!Special Features:
- JerryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014as always, a fantastic and romantic dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful GroupGerryWDined on 10/3/2014Everyone that works there says hello and willing to serve. The owner is always super nice when greeting you at the doorSpecial Features:
- A whole new experiencereviewsDined on 10/3/2014The food is and has always been over the top. They just added a piano bar in a totally separate room I was anticipating a piano with seats. However, they added a full sized bar Great move.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TracyDined on 9/21/2014You can always count on great food, great service and a fun filled environment. The new remodel looks amazing. A true neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- AliCatFLVIPDined on 9/21/2014My flounder rollatini with salmon, shrimp & asparagus and my husbands veal shank were both exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Vico never disappoints!KatyDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I have been eating at Cafe Vico since it was a tiny, cozy one room restaurant. In response to its popularity, Marco (the always charming proprietor) has expanded, yet he has maintained this local hot spot's charm and exceptional menu and service. Whether you are looking to dine at a romantic spot, spend time with close friends, have a family gathering, or plan a business dinner for a large group, Cafe Vico will never disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealjfs226VIPDined on 9/17/2014I must hand it to the team at Café Vice, what a place. The food is always on the mark, service too. I love my linguini in white clams sauce while my husband is delighted with all their veal dishes. Try the café, you will NEVER be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemItalianDined on 9/14/2014I never would have chosen this restaurant given that is in a strip mall and kind of out of the way - actually I probably wouldn't have ever even noticed it but I had a Living Social voucher and went there and was so glad I did. We ate outside and it was very quiet since it was a warm night and everyone else was inside. I'm not sure how the noise level was inside. The food was very excellent - just everything about it was great!!! Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Edinamission2dineDined on 9/13/2014A typical Italian cantina with excellent food. Friendly and attentions waiters, and the welcome of the chef and owner at your table make this place a must. A little noisy at times, but Italian restaurants are noisy anyway, aren't they?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurantPassionate4foodVIPDined on 9/11/2014This is a wonderful dining spot my new favorite restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice RenovationLocalDined on 9/11/2014The remodel is a big improvement over the previous awkward walk through arrangement. Food still good if a little pricey. The live music in the new bar area is way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my faves!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014The lasagna is to die for! Hometown gem where everything tastes fresh and authenticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Outstanding neighborhood restaurant that consistently serves an excellent meal. The new bar area and entertainment has taken the restaurant to a new level. perfect for a full course meal or if you just wantto sit at the bar and listen to good musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Vico = PerfectionMJR33065Dined on 9/6/2014Everything about this restaurant was just beautiful. The food was amazing and the staff takes care of every detail..Special Features:
- MexicanVIPDined on 9/6/2014Having dining their for years, it was very disappointing. Sine their renovation I think they are suffering from growing pains. Will try it agin in high season.
- Not the Same :(OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Service was great! Food for good, not great. Atmosphere was way too crowded and noisy! With all the expansion they've done, they seem to have lost the desire to keep the atmosphere intimate and cozy.Special Features:
- Started out with bad servicepompDined on 9/4/2014But the food was very good and they tried to make up for the poor service in the beginning with good service later. We had to wait 20 minutes for our table (late on a Thursday night and we could see a few open tables in the dinning room), then it took another 20 miniutes to get a drink. So our first drink was 40 minutes after the time of our reservation, then first food at 9 (one hour after reservation). There were plenty of open tables when we were eating, they were not too busy by that time.Special Features:
- Good ItalianFrankinHKVIPDined on 9/1/2014The food and service here was very good. Friendly, efficient service. I will return.Special Features:
- Favorite places to eat in FLFish80Dined on 8/31/2014Great place to eat/ service and food is always goodSpecial Features:
- Long time customer :-(OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014Remodeling is beautiful. New prices, too high...you're not D'angelos. $49.50 for veal chop Milanese ? $28 for veal parm? $37 for yellow tail snapper filet special? $25 wine corkage, and all I got was small red wine glasses. Love this place, hate the new higher prices. Marco's hospitality is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MavenVIPDined on 8/30/2014Cafe Vico is always an excellent choice, nice menu excellent specials, pasta is delicious. The new renovations make the place trendy and upscale, lost some of its old dated look.Special Features:
- Great evening outLiscodojDined on 8/28/2014Splendid food and unrushed service made for a very pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great JobSck3297Dined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I had an excellent experience dining here. The food, the service, and the atmosphere were all 5/5. We will be coming back soon and will recommend to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigger not Better YetprofjoeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Mario has expanded Cafe Vico. Now with a large piano bar, live piano or other music and a new entrance. The service was very attentive. Traditional Italian fare is still very good and carefully watched over by Mario himself. Wine list is one of the better ones for Italian wines.Special Features:
- Overpriced and OverratedBlueCollarFoodCriticVIPDined on 8/20/2014I went to this restaurant after reading very favorable reviews. I found that the fine dining prices did not reflect the quality of the food or the service. Imaging paying $37 for a locally sourced yellowtail snapper filet, and when the server arrives at a table for two, has to ask who ordered the fish and who ordered the chicken. Café Vico includes potato and vegetable with all entrees. This amounts to a spoonful of sweet potato, two tiny broccoli florets, and a small separate dish of penne pasta with tasteless marinara sauce. The chicken marsala came pounded so thin (about 1/4" thick) that it lacked tenderness. It was accompanied with a properly prepared marsala sauce. Don't bother with the Caesar salad with its store bought dressing.Special Features:
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014The service and food are excellent. Markos make you feel like family!Special Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 8/18/2014Cafe Vico is a delight. Everyone we take to this restaurant walks away happy and satisfied. The food is consistantly good and the new renovations are lovely. it is a neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Not so great this timeEnzotheBakerDined on 8/17/2014First visit since remodel. Have dined here at least 20 times, this was the first one classified as a "miss". New bar is lovely. Seating area for dinner (in the back)was much too dark, couldn't read the menu without using light from our phones. Bread and garlic oil delicious as always, same for the carpaccio and special sausage app. The lobster special had excellent homemade pasta, the lobster was overcooked, dry and not edible. The lasagna was tasty. The desserts were the big letdown. The creme brûlée and apple tart both looked and tasted old and were nowhere near the previous standards. Server had to be asked to tell us the specials and forgot our coffees with dessert. Overall a 5-6 out of 10 for a place that usually hits a solid 9.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17 Years of ExcellencehatetocookDined on 8/17/201417 years of excellence. One of the first restaurants we ever went to when moving here and we have witnessed the wonderful growth of the business. Always a fine dining experience which we recommend to friends and newcomers all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Better From The Insidebruce4gunsDined on 8/17/2014When you look at it from the outside you are doubtful. When you get inside you feel like you have come home. When you get your food you then you realize you really want to come back often.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014It was always an excellent restaurant food and service, but now with the renovation the place is amazing I would recommend it highly to anyoneSpecial Features:
- disappointed14Dined on 8/17/2014The service was wonderful but the food was forgettable.Special Features:
- Simply the Best!IKnowFoodDined on 8/16/2014When you're fortunate enough to find this kind of freshness, combined with exquisite light sauces and flavors that fire your senses in truly homemade regional Italian dishes, all served with amazing wines, in the beautiful go casual or dress to the nines dining room, outdoor terrace, or brand new expansive piano bar, then you'll be one of the happiest diners in Fort Lauderdale. And you'll still be going back 5 years later too! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.