201 S. La Brea
Los Angeles, CA 90036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafeveronala.com/
- Phone: 3239346188
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 8:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Celestino Elice
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Cafe Verona
Disappear, if even for just a moment, from the hustle and bustle of the city to a quiet Italian escape.Continued
Chef-Owner Celestino Elice will usher you on a culinary journey with his rustic creations.
Chef-Owner Celestino Elice will usher you on a culinary journey with his rustic creations.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Verona reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (3)great for brunch (2)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Food is always excellentTootsieDined on 7/4/2014We have been here three times. The food has always been excellent and is what brings us back. The quirky space is romantic and fun. The waiters are hit or miss....some truly improve the dining experience and others, like the gentleman at our last visit, do not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good neighborhood placeXXXXDined on 7/1/2014Café Verona is pleasant and mercifully quiet (except for occasional truck and motorcycle noise on the street). Great for conversation. The food is excellent. They are very accommodating for special requests.Special Features:
- Wish the portions were biggerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/29/2014We can for diner a few nights ago (during summer time) not realizing that all their seating is basically outside. It gets very hot since they only have a few fans. Our server and the rest of the wait staff was very friendly and knowledgable about every thing on the menu. The bruschetta was delishous. Then came our main dishes. I got the minestrone soup wish was very good but they only fill the bowl half way. My boyfriend got a pasta dish that was recommended by our waiter but when it came out it was a VERY SMALL PORTION. If you're going to go here for dinner you either have to order a ton of food or go when you're not too hungry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 25 reviews are from the Cafe Verona reviews archive.
- Service doesn't lack - taste doesOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/25/2014The waitress as sweet and as attentive (without being intrusive) as she could be, but that didn't make up for the food. First, the menu online is NOT the menu at the restaurant, so be prepared. I thought I'd made a mistake or was having strange recall, but it was a matter of changes which they'd not caught up with for their website. The garden dining area was charming and romantic. I chose Cafe Verona as the reviews were high. What we received was bland food. I'm not one to even add salt to food either. I was told their chef is from Italy. Well, perhaps so, but we left uninspired. The endive salad's apples were tasteless. The mushroom and boar pastas left us uninspired. We may have a minority opinion, but this is our experience.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant surpiseYana13Dined on 5/11/2014I noticed this place couple years ago, while I was driving on La Brea Ave, but didn't have a chance to go there. Finally, for Mother Day I decide to take my family there. What a surprise. We loved the place, the service was great and the food was excellent. We had a wonderful Mother Day! Thank you very much for such great experience.Special Features:
- Gem in mid-cityTootsieDined on 5/2/2014We stumbled across Cafe Verona one night looking for an evening coffee (as all local coffee places close at 8); ended up having an unexpectedly delicious meal. We went back and it was great again. The food superb and the service warm and courteous. We brought our on the first time and he loved it too. Overall ambience is romantic (except for the police sirens going by, what feels like, every 10 minutes). The serenading bird makes up for it. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDavejrDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I came here for our anniversary and it was great. We were early for our reservation but they let us right in. The staff was excellent during our stay, throughout the meal we had 3 different people help us which I thought was great. The menu was new and the food was amazing. Will definitley try to visit here again whenever we are back in LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still good, but...dryanmillerVIPDined on 4/25/2014We recently visited Cafe Verona, since it is in the neighborhood and we have always enjoyed the food and everything about it. When we went the other evening, we were a little surprised to see the menu had completely changed. The menu is much "fancier" now, which is good, but we were taken back. We had always liked the restaurant for the better than normal Italian food and the options to get the classics. It seems they removed the latter and upped the prices. While the dinner was fine, I just wish it could go back to how it was before.Special Features:
- Good food, decent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014I used to love this place, but the past few times I've come have been mediocre. The food is still pretty solid, definitely still good food. The difference, I believe, is the service. The host and server were both polite and professional, but they lacked the friendliness and energy of the servers I had before. What happened to the elegant tattoed lady with short hair? I'm not sure if she was manager or owner, but every time she was around we had an amazing experience.
- Food was excellent and serviceMikeDined on 3/30/2014Food was excellent and service was very good. Place is old but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was hungry!!!JobibVIPDined on 3/29/2014I was really excited to eat here the first time. We live in the area and I've driven by it dozens of times. The atmosphere was laid back and very quaint. The food was actually really good for a local spot. Not world-class, but really good. The service....Oye!! The waitress kept trying to talk me out of ordering my dinner. She kept questioning if it was too much for me to eat. Then she had the nerve to walk up to our table and say that she wasn't bringing us bread because we had ordered enough food and she didn't think we would need it. Then she just disappeared and someone else handled us for the rest of the meal. Very, very strange. It won't keep us from eating here again, but it was a very odd experience.Special Features:
- Quiet DinnerBobmanDined on 3/29/2014I don't know why this place isn't busier, it's a real find. Nice service, friendly staff, and good food. Quite enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemBlanketDined on 3/23/2014Had a late lunch before going to a show at the Pantages. Parking was easy as they have their own lot behind the restaurant. The pasta was good and our server was very attentive. We loved the enclosed garden setting.Special Features:
- It's sits on a very busy street,MaddyVIPDined on 3/21/2014It's sits on a very busy street, you can hear all the traffic going by. Too bad, it's a nice restaurantSpecial Features:
- Good neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2014Took reservation on short notice. Were visiting and were looking for nice first night dinner. Nice ambiance, great service and good good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rod B 3-6-14RodBDined on 3/6/2014This was my second time dining there. Both times on the outsdie patio. It is a beautiful neighborhood spot for a romantic dinner for two. They also have a side dining room too. The outside dining is nice and quiet even though faces onto a busy street. They have enough partitions to make it work against the noise. Only once did we have to stop for a loud motorcycle to go by. The menu was limited which makes for better food. Both Northern and Southern variety. Waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the food. They are very heavy on the butter so you may want to go light. Will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!gfoodieVIPDined on 2/28/2014Amazing place! Once again had an excellent meal and a beautiful night at Cafe Verona. We had the the Butternut squash ravioli again which is seriously one of the best things I have ever tasted. All the food as always, was great. We shared a great bottle of Barolo. And I tried a new dish the Lamb chops pan seared in a balsamic caramelized reduction. Such a romantic and delicious spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night!Ben1Dined on 2/14/2014We had our Valentine's Day dinner here and it was incredible. Great wines and a delicious specialty menu. The patio is beautiful. We barely had to wait for anything. Very intimate and romantic ambiance. I highly recommend Cafe Verona!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovey diningTimandMianVIPDined on 2/13/2014Gavin Boyd invited us to view a screening of Love Scene during the Hollywood Reel Independent Film Festival. We reviewed this restaurant on yelp as we decided to find something close. Valentines Day was in the air (a day or two away), it was cozy and romantic we sat out on the patio. The heat lamps were great for me, the service and the meal was good. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and Delicious!gfoodieVIPDined on 2/6/2014This place is absolutely one of the most romantic spots in LA. The entire garden is lit by candlelight. What a beautiful ambience. The food was absolutely amazing! The Ravioli Zucca was melt in your mouth deliciousness. The sweetness from the butternut squash combined with the truffle and cream sauce with a hint of walnuts made this dish unforgettable. We also had the pork tenderloin in a brandy gorgonzola sauce that was cooked just perfectly and every flavor enhanced the dish to perfection. The service was great. We will definitely be back. I think we found our new favorite spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was great (!!!)pervanehDined on 1/24/2014The service was great (!!!) but we were very disappointed with the food. Definitely not what we had expected from reading the menu. I think the place has great potential but the food needs a re-make.Special Features:
- Great little Italian GemPRESLEYDined on 1/9/2014Love this place! I'm from Chicago and eat here at least once every time I'm in town. Great food , great service and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabuousSitablueDined on 12/26/2013....as usual, Cafe Verona is just the best place to walk to and have a quiet dinner either with friends or with spouse,significant other or... Food is delicious, staff is great and the owner is friendly. Love going up for comfort food.....my go to Italian place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRosyDined on 10/11/2013It's a cute restaurant with creative decoration in each section. We ate in doors with the side open and the heat on. It felt private and open. The food was excellent and the wine selection gave good options with every item on the menu. The price for all of this great experience will keep us coming back over and over againI would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gem! I hadn't beenAmaryllisVIPDined on 9/29/2013A true gem! I hadn't been there in years, and only ever for lunch -- which I recall I quite enjoyed. This "return" was with two food loving friends who had never been there before. We needed a late seating for after theatre, so, Cafe Verona was a handy option. WE ALL LOVED IT and definitely plan to be back! Fantastic menu with very reasonable prices. Lovely atmosphere too: The patio gives you the feeling of being in a private garden; and the inside space (that we chose) offers a cozy, tranquil space. Service is wonderful!!! We even got a serenade from one of our servers.... but it's really not their policy. So, shhh! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess lesson 101DonnaJVIPDined on 6/3/2013When the restaurant is empty, the hostess should provide seating at "better" tables to the guests. When we asked for our table to be switched from a crammed 4 person table to a different section, the hostess was quite displeased. We were a party of 5 and had a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hollywood Oasisitsbob826VIPDined on 5/13/2013Sweet little spot at the corner of LaBrea and 2nd. There is a nice little enclosed patio, so you're outside and inside at the same time. (There is true outdoor seating, but it's in a trafficky area.) The food was solid, nothing to yell about, but the service was very nice. Two big thumbs up for their private, non-valet parking lot (which somewhat oddly shares space with a car lube place) and for remembering to add a candle to my friend's birthday dessert (I had actually forgotten I'd requested it on Open Table). All together, a very nice experience and if I happened to be looking for lunch in that part of town, I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- NO BREAD?????OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Strangely enough, the only Italian restaurant I have ever eaten at where they give you NO BREAD...even when you order an assorted antipasto....Special Features: