754 N. 34th St
Seattle, WA 98103Neighborhood:
Ballard / Fremont
TurkishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafe-turko.com/
- Phone: 2062849954x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday 9:30 - 9:30
Sunday 9:30- 8:00
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Sureyya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Cafe Turko
Once you visit CAFE TURKO, step through the door, you will be transported to the markets of Istanbul. You will not only enjoy an authentic great dining experience ( from homemade flat breads, stuffed breads, kebabs, and rich vegan and gluten free mezzes to desserts and pastries Turkish coffee and tea ) , you will also shop in the Bazaar section for souvenirs, gifts, textiles and even handmade rugs.Continued
We offer 100 % Halal meat, halal products
We offer 100 % Halal meat, halal products
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Turko reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great food, crazy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014We loved the food, and the family-run service is friendly and sincere. Unfortunately, the night we visited, they were down two staff members, and it was chaotic. They lost our order, which we learned after waiting nearly an hour for entrees. We had to place our order again, and although it arrived promptly, it also wasn't 100% correct. That said, we enjoyed the delicious food very much, and I'll bet it's a much smoother operation when they are fully staffed. We will definitely be back to try again! (Was a bit surprised when we weren't comped at least part of our meal for the inconvenience, I must say. But, we will give it another try)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delights of TurkeyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014This little cafe is just fantastic. The food is absolutely the best in town for authentic taste and menu selection. The people are friendly and the vibe is like that of sitting in a cafe in Istanbul.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Cafe Turko reviews archive.
- Very interesting place good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/1/2014We went to Cafe Turko on a Sunday morning. No line, were seated right away. Brunch selection is good, I loved the healthy "Mother in law's" plate, my bf had an omelette which was also good. Turkish coffee is real! It is very much like the "metrio" coffee that I used to have in Greece (metrio meaning it is brewed with a moderate amount of sugar). The dessert was also decent (a lot better than the "Turkish" desserts that you get in the supermarket or some other places). We liked our waitress very much, she was very friendly. Bottomline -- it does seem to be a very nice, authentic enough place (I haven't been to Turkey, so I compare with Greece). It is interesting enough, worth visiting. Plus the food is good :).Special Features:
- It's all good!GaryDined on 5/10/2014Authentic, very tasty, lots of heart! Place comes with ambience is genuine not created. People are mostly family, all have a great heart. Photos made fresh that morning, and taste like it. Can't find anyplace else like it here in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good authentic dinnerMichaelDined on 2/25/2014We had a great time enjoying authentic Turkish food and drink from the rainbow hummus to start to excellent and varied entrees. There are options for everyone. And you can complete the meal with Turkish coffee.Special Features:
- My Turkish friend loved the food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014So did I, I had a grilled chicken pide (like a Turkish pizza with handmade dough and feta cheese). I went with my Turkish friend, and he was raving over the food. He said its the best he's had in a long time, and that he intends to bring his Turkish friends from work. Everything was fresh and flavorful, and the place was beautifully decorated with Turkish items, like lamps and rugs, for sale. I picked up a scarf after dinner. I definitely plan on returning.Special Features:
- Good food, casual serviceLilyDined on 1/11/2014Fun place. Good food. Service friendly and well meaning but not professional. Our server stopped coming to our table, we had to flag down someone else to clear plates, refill water, offer dessert (they were out of 3 desserts), and check.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation not honoredemeraldDined on 12/20/2013I'm sure it's a great place to eat. But they don't honor reservations. So don't bother making one, just get there when you can and you'll have to wait on the weekend.
- Hope to returnBeckyBadgerDined on 11/9/2013We did not have a lot of time to eat, but the staff was very helpful and got our food quickly. Normally customers pay at the register in the back but they helped us save time by taking our credit card and running it back for us. The also got a box so I could finish my delicious salad later. Also enjoyed the Turkish items they have for sale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Hummus EvercatdocDined on 10/19/2013Be prepared for "European-style" dining, as we sat there for hours and talked, but whenever we needed something (like ordering, the bill, etc.) I had to signal a waitress and it was hard to get someone's eye. The food came very quickly after we finally ordered and the quality was tasty! I especially enjoyed the different types of hummus, particularly the sweet potato hummus -- I'm hooked on that!Special Features:
- Food good, service notseattlefoodieDined on 10/18/2013The food is excellent - it's obviously made from scratch and is fresh and delicious. I ordered the spinach hummus w/ gluten free bread and the moussaka. Both were full of flavor. My friend ordered the Orient Express platter which comes with regular pita bread. The waitress brought out her platter and I was left sitting there for half an hour until my spinach hummus arrived. The waitress was way too busy and we sat there for long periods of time trying to get her attention but to no avail. And she neglected to tell us that we had to pay at the cash register so we sat there for a very long time waiting for our bill. I highly recommend the food if you can stand to wait long periods of time for service.Special Features: