Cafe Tu Tu Tango - Orange
20 City Blvd West
Orange, CA 92868Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Cafe Tu Tu Tango - Orange
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafetututangooc.com/
- Phone: 7147692222x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jim Hall
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available for private parties at CAFE TU TU TANGO or at your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy one of our unique Private Dining Rooms or inquire about renting the entire restaurant. Our professional sales team can accommodate parties between 10 and 1000 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Hall 7147692222x
- Entertainment: Salsa Dancers, Tango Dancers, Swing Dancers, Belly Dancers, Magicians, Balloon Artists, Steel Drummers and much much more and Artists painting on location. All the Art is for Sale!
- Special Events: Valentines Day Feb. 14th
Wine Dinners First Wednesday of Every Month
1/2 OFF Bottle Wine every Wednesday
A word from Cafe Tu Tu Tango - Orange
From the first moment, one quickly discovers that CAFÉ TU TU TANGO is a restaurant like no other. Something in the soul stirs, awakening the senses, igniting a passion for living that exists within us all. You are not here to eat, you are here to delight. To revel. To savor life, friends and family, and the flavors of a menu drawn from the corners of the globe.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cafe Tu Tu Tango - Orange reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Very good food with good peopleAmayaDined on 9/6/2014I truly enjoyed eating here! Nearly right in the center of The Outlets (The Block) and you can eat inside or out on their patio! The food was truly amazing! We ordered the duck quesadilla with mango salsa...delish! The taste of Tu yu was very good too, but I'm lactose intolerant couldn't eat much of it because of the cheese factor. Overall the boyfriend and I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Cafe Tu Tu Tango - Orange reviews archive.
- Mom and daughter timeLuvtoeatDined on 6/6/2014I had great time here, I booked an appointment we got served right away and got 20% off! Just for booking on line That was the best partSpecial Features:
- Mother's Day 2014 Success!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My family and I spent our Mother's Day celebration at Cafe Tu Tu Tango last Saturday. I really appreciated Tango's willingness to take such a large party on a holiday weekend. I made a reservation for 20 people, and coming from a restaurant background I know that was no easy feat. Our servers were gracious and made us feel right at home. The staff was friendly and helpful. Everything was absolutely perfect! Thank you so much Cafe Tu Tu Tango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit!dramabearDined on 4/27/2014I brought new friends here and they loved it! As I assumed they would.Special Features:
- Poor serviceMasMaloDined on 4/24/2014I'm very disappointed with this place. I brought my spouse here for her birthday and we went to order the Cuban Filet Mignon skewers, but apparently the servers, in this case Ivan, don't know what's on the menu. Since the poblano mashed potato quesadilla comes with a flour tortilla, I just asked for the cake itself without the tortilla. The server spent a fair amount of time explaining to me that they prepare the quesadillas first thing in the morning--that doesn't sound right. I tried to point out to him that the sliced filet Mignon plate has the poblano mashed potato cake, but he went back to the quesadillas made in the morning story. So we just left after getting the Cafe Tu Tu Tango is not flexible message and went to El Torito. So sad.
- Don't be fooledDrHankVIPDined on 4/15/2014In spite of a menu that purports to serve Spanish food, this is nothing more than a glorified Mexican restaurant masquerading as a tapas restaurant. Three of us dined there. None of likely ANY of the food. The mixed appetizer platter was small and contained foods that the three of us found to be nearly inedible. We were asked if we wanted tortilla chips and salsa (see my point about the place being Mexican and not Spanish?). We said "yes." They arrived so heavily doused with paprika and other spices that they were far too hot and spicy to eat. When we asked if they had any plain chips, we were told "no." In spite of the fact that we didn't eat the chips, they were not taken off our check. We will not dine here again...ever.
- Way to Rock at th BlockRandyDined on 4/12/2014My first time to Cafe Tu Tu Tango was a very enjoyable experience. The food was delicious for small plate courses but a little higher priced than most casual restaurants. The service from the host stand through the wait service was excellent. I will recommend Cafe Tu Tu Tango to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service with a smile...butdramabearDined on 3/10/2014We didn't get the waitress we don't like this time which was great! The waitress we did get though kept trying to deliver food to our table that we didn't order, 3 or 4 times! Um, Cat doesn't seem to have the hang of being a waitress yet.Special Features:
- Great ambience and the conceptOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014Great ambience and the concept of a Tapas restaurant - especially given the repetitive menus of many chain restaurants - is great. In this case, the execution is lacking.Special Features:
- Not worth a return visitMDeaterDined on 3/7/2014In the area for a conference and booked a table because they had an opening for five people at the time we wanted on a Friday night. Did not know anything about this resturant and decided to take a chance. The resturant is in a mall which should have been my first clue. We were seated right away at 7:30. Our waiter took our drink order but it took forever to get our drinks, he kept telling us the bar was backed up. Same thing with the food, only the kitchen was backed up. The tables seated after us were in and out before we received our food. They had a girl doing belly dancing and engaging the diners which was a fun diversion, other than that I can't say anything good about the place.
- You win some you lose some.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014Has potential. However, The magician you had on site was stellar. But he was quickly forgotten by the "D" rate belly dancer.Special Features:
- very busy location. typicaljchark2002Dined on 3/7/2014very busy location. typical small chain restaurant type of upscaled food found in newer 'town-centers' or malls, but food was well prepared and fresh. Not fine dining, but a good night outSpecial Features:
- not for intimate diningdine4tooDined on 2/14/2014I've been here before to have drinks outside. it was nice so I came for valentines day date. so dissapointed! music so loud in dining area, we couldn't have good conversation. service took so long to get our drinks. food came separately. I think this place is nice for drinks. but not for a date.Special Features:
- Great Food-Cockamamie ServiceAjacksDined on 2/14/2014The food was delicious!! Lobster bisque was outstanding, and the duck quesadilla was superb. Entrees were well cooked, and tasteful but our waiter was horrible. The drinks took forever and they weren't alcoholic, he actually forgot to put in our drink order. The food was served quickly but only drawback was that they never picked up our finished plates. We had to stack them neatly ourselves just to create room. The waiter would ask how our food tasted and after we replied he would just stand there and stare as if he were waiting for a magic trick. I'd compare it to someone who shakes your hand and holds it for too long and you have to pull it back or grant them ownership. All in all great restaurant with awesome outside seating and music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like the small servingsBrazilNutDined on 2/14/2014Nice small serving options. We had carne asada skewers (surprisingly good ketchup-like sauce served with it), fish tacos, and ceviche. Outside setting was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2014I loved this place. I love, love, love it. I don't live close but will go out of my way for it and have tried to go back as often as I can. The decor is a little "quirky" for me and it's a bit noisy. But the food! Everything was wonderful and just the right size. I hope they open a branch closer to me so I can become a regular.Special Features:
- Overall a 7OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Server was not clearing the many plates (tapas) as needed. Priced a bit higher than needed...but everything else was fine.Special Features:
- I dream about Tu Tu TangoMinderellaVIPDined on 1/18/2014We actually went after the movie instead of before, and the bbq chicken pizza was incredible as usual, the egg rolls are perfection and the white sangria is out of this world and so hard to find! I usually get the duck quesadilla, but couldn't eat another bite after the pizza and egg rolls. I have to go to movies more often so I can go to Tu Tu Tango!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not very happyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014I previously had gone to this place several times before and had wonderful experience. I no longer live in Orange County. I flew into Cali for the holidays and was very thrilled to have my birthday party at this location. I was very dissapointed with my waiter, I don't know if he was having a bad day. I came with a group of people expecting great service as always and was extremely dissapointed. Other people in my group had to go to the bar themselves to get there drinks. I spoke to the manager and she was very nice to complement me with a drink and a discount on the bill. But that was not enough to ensure my next experience at this location would be better. I will not be going to this location ever again or be recommending it!Special Features:
- Good stuff!!!RabbitheadDined on 12/31/2013The food was excellent, staff friendly and pleasant and the service was great will recommend this place to everyone. I like the fact that you can have dinner desert and get a nice piece of art work at a descent price. Would make a great place for a meetup happy hour!!!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised - First VisitFoodie4lifeDined on 12/16/2013The food was surprisingly delicious on a first try. We tried the appetizer platter and ahi poke and sangria. We were there for a snack so did not order my items. But, the items we had was enough to warrant a return visit. Service was good too.Special Features:
- Decent..willkitaguchiDined on 10/17/2013We went for my girlfriend's bday on 10/17/13 and were seated right away since we had our reservation. The hostess was friendly and was able to fulfill our special requests. The waitress greeted herself promptly and took our orders and all that. She was also very friendly. We ordered a bottle of wine. The wine took maybe 15 minutes to get to our table. I asked her if they do things for birthdays, which she confirmed and said that they'd take care of everything. Halfway through our meal, she says that she's leaving and would like to drop off the check. I'm guessing she just wanted her tip while forgetting about my girlfriend's birthday. So yeah.. that was a big bummer. The mango infused vodka and mango duck quesadilla were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow startPickieDined on 10/12/2013The hostess was not at the front to greet anyone. N-one even acknowledged us for quite a while. When they finally did they were friendly, showed us to the table and we ordered pretty quickly. Food was good, service was good and ambiance was good. I would go back.Special Features:
- Ok tapas, poor serviceCherieDined on 9/27/2013The food was just ok. We ordered sangria, the calamari and the Taste of Tango platter. Didn't care too much for the dips/sauces. When we asked for Ranch dressing, the server said she had to charge us an extra 50 cents (which was fine, but I can't think of any other restaurant that charges). The service, unfortunately was poor. There was no silverware or plates on the table, plus our server rarely came to check on us. Once we were ready to pay the bill, we waited over 15 minutes for the server to swipe our card so we can leave. I had to have another server retrieve the credit card.
- Tapas? Really?OutoftownerDined on 9/22/2013We were expecting a true Tapas restaurant and were very disappointed. The menu offers basically a bunch of appetizers, not tapas. Everything from burgers & pizza to various meats on a stick with dips. Food quality was at best average, sort of like TGI Friday quality, but not that good even. Drinks were watered down. Then a belly-dancer appears (seriously!) - again not what you'd expect in a true Tapas restaurant, Flamenco yes, but belly dancing?? Wouldn't go back. If you want a real Tapas experience in So Cal check out Café Sevilla in Long Beach.
- Just OKWaterboyDined on 9/14/2013The red Sangria was like fruit punch with leftover fruit rinds and bits and the Razarita and classic Margarita were too sweet and not as expected. The menu could be more descriptive of the blue cheese stuffed mushrooms which ended up being coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried. Our expectation was for baked mushroom cups filled with blue cheese as is typical for other restaurants. The blue cheese was barely noticeable as well. The ahi poke was a big disappointment with too much hot sauce mixed in with the tuna, killing what delicate flavor tuna should have. The only decent item was the unique fried chips offered with the poke to help put out the fire. Our final disappointment was that the patio had no smoke-free area to enjoy fresh air.
- Yum!EaterDined on 9/14/2013We've been going to Café TuTu Tango for years. It's nice to be able to choose to eat indoors or out and to be able to select the napkin color that one prefers (there are four standing on each table). The menu is varied and interesting. Sadly, their best dessert has been eliminated since our last visit. It was a great plus to be able to watch football when we were there last week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIrst Timeremc42109Dined on 9/7/2013The service, food, ambiance, and entertainment was absolutely amazing. We went as a group for a friends birthday dinner, and it was all of the groups first time there. We all agreed it was great service, great food, and amazing prices. Overall great first impression.Special Features:
- Our first timeRussDined on 8/3/2013This was our first time at this restaurant and we will go back...have has tapas other places and their food was as good if not better than some of the other places we have gone...we will be backSpecial Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Excellent food and mojitos! Already planning our return trip from 8 hours away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost in SpacedrichsonDined on 5/12/2013Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews here before selecting this place. We were quite frustrated with the service. After being seated it was an extremely long time before the waitress even came by to acknowledge us and take our drink order. 15 minutes later, she walks by and tells us our drinks are on the bar and she'll be right back with them. Another 5 minutes and at this point we're discussing about leaving, then my sister goes up and talks to the hostess. She got our drinks to us. Waitress apologizes and mentions how short staffed they are. I can understand being short staffed but the restaurant wasn't even busy. The food was edible but nothing special. Anyway, long story short(er) this wasn't a happy meal.
- Too badReasonablePersonDined on 5/11/2013It's too bad that they only seemed to have one outdoor server on Mothers Day. Service was soooooo slow it was ridiculous. It took 20 minutes before our drink order came. On a hot day ! Plus they did not honor bottomless champagne offer on their email advertisement. They said that was for brunch hours only. But that was not stated on adSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun GDOTravelBugDined on 5/11/2013We did a Girl's Day Out (GDO) and had a great time! Shared some appetizers, and had the pot stickers (so-so), chicken tenders (good), and chinese chicken salad (good). The food was good overall, but really it's the atmosphere that makes this place great.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic. GreatGrandmaDined on 5/1/2013Food was fantastic. Great place for people watching at outside dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably not coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013All of the food was a notch down the gourmet meter from what we had expected. "Medium"-ordered filet mignon skewers came out well done, almost everything is fried - even a few things you wouldn't expect, lots of heavy oil (even on the salad). We ordered several small plates, but the only one we were actually happy with was the lobster, which was a pleasant surprise. Actually, the ceviche was decedent as well. The rest of the 6 or so small plates were disappointing. The only real plus was our waitress, who was funny, polite, warm, attentive, and generally made our dining experience a favorable one - whereas it would have been sub-par based on the food alone.Special Features:
- Great food, accommodating staffgidgetDined on 3/16/2013We went to the one at The Block in Orange. We don't "love" the big sprawling outdoor malls, but this location was half way between us and friends. Parking was not a big problem, so we didn't have to walk for miles. However, there tends to be lots of smoking in these big malls, and because our table was right in the path of the front door (which was open), there was a problem of smelling cigarette smoke at our table and the neighboring tables. There was a lady at the next table who also had a problem. Thankfully, they had another table available, out of the path (way in the back), and we were able to enjoy our meal. The food was really delicious and the staff was really great. They seemed happy to move us and we were grateful.Special Features:
- The food was very good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013The food was very good, the service was just ok (when he was there he was very helpful, but difficult to get his attention). The music level was appropriate during our dinner but as the evening progressed it was as if they were raising the volume, until in the end we left because we couldn't talk without shouting.Special Features:
- Find another placeOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/9/2013I am a bit of a foodie so I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but the food was terrible. The client that I was with said they normally eat anything, and they didn't even touch it. A manager did come by to offer a something else since we didn't eat what we ordered but never returned. I don't like places that just warm food that's already made when it arrives at the facility - at least that's what this tasted like. On top of it all, extremely poor service.
- Don't bother.SMU17MOMVIPDined on 3/8/2013Disappointing... We were so excited to go to this location having been to the one in Orlando. It just seemed like a fried food place. The Orlando menu was so much better. This was completely unremarkable. Add the horrific parking to the mix, and there's no reason to come back.
- Cafe Tu Tu Tango, Not Very Good!FrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/18/2013First time there, the food is based on Spanish type delicacies and the decor is very artsy. I had pasta dish, my wife had a meat dish and my daughter also had pasta, the meal was good, but not great! The restaurant is located within the Block of Orange, directly across from the AMC Theater, good location for people watching and the bar actually wraps around a corner of the resturant. They need to improve on their service, when I arrived there was no host and I had to wait a few minutes until someone noticed us standing there, we're the only ones waiting at the time! The decor was nice, very Flamingo/Spanish style, but my food was delivered cold wasn't very tasty, so I probably will not re-visit this place again!Special Features: