4558 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
Plaza / Brookside
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafetriokc.com/
- Phone: (816) 756-3227
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: Monday - Friday 11am - 2pm
HAPPY HOUR: Monday -Friday 2pm-6pm
DINNER / Full Menu Service: Monday - Thursday: 5pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday: 5pm -11pm Sunday: 4pm-9pm.
Cocktails (Lounge & Deck): Monday - Friday: 2:00pm - Midnight, Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight
Kitchen Hours may Vary
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Unspecified, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam Yoder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Piano & Vocals. Blues & Jazz. Evenings: Tuesday through Saturday.
- Special Events: Cafe Trio hosts numerous special events year round including wine diners, art openings, costume parties and special live music engagements. Please sign up to receive emails about these events by visiting our website at cafetriokc.com.
- Cross Street: E. 45th Street
- Public Transit: On the actual Main Street route, including the Max. Only a few feet from two stops.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Private Lot, Street Parking & Valet. VALET SERVICE: Café Trio provides Valet Service at our Main Street Front Door Entrance on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 6-10 pm. The cost is $4, however please present your valet ticket for a credit against your bill. Pull to front Door on Main Street for VALET service. Cars are parked in the secured and monitored American Century Office Tower Garage.
A word from Café Trio
Hip & glamorous, Café Trio blends outstanding cuisine and cocktails for an award winning “Come as you are” fine dining experience. Trio offers a unique intersection of incredible dining, quality live entertainment and original local art. The Starlet Lounge at Café Trio evokes a bygone era complete with Hollywood Starlets and the always playing classic movie with unique specialty martinis, traditional cocktails and an extensive list of wine and beers. Every Tuesday features Half Priced Wine with $5 Starlet specialty Martinis each Wednesday. Live music on Tuesday through Saturday includes Café Trio's own resident Diva, the one and only Alice Jenkins on Friday & Saturday nights. Large outdoor deck and terrace offers one of kind views of the Country Club Plaza and J.C. Nichols Fountain. Cafe Trio is one of Kansas City's most popular restaurants. Awarded multiple Kansas City “Best Of” designations by Kansas City Magazine, including “Best Overall Restaurant”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Café Trio - Best Restaurants in Plaza / Brookside ›
Café Trio reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (141)great for outdoor dining (136)fit for foodies (129)special occasion (120)romantic (100)scenic view (93)good for groups (75)great for lunch (66)vibrant bar scene (62)hot spot (58)notable wine list (39)late-night find (35)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- BethKDined on 11/16/2014Lovely, as always! THe food and sevice were both outstanding! Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date SpotYogiBearAndBooBooDined on 11/14/2014This place is great for a special date night. Fairly pricey, but steak was cooked right. Wait staff left us alone. Wait staff were all smiling which is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJerryDined on 11/10/2014Enjoying dinner with my wife celebrating her birthday and Cafe Trio once again didn't disappoint. Excellent food, service and ambiance! Great neighborhood spot in the heart of KC. Thanks much for an excellent dining experience, again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SKLKDined on 11/8/2014Once again we had a fabulous dinner at Cafe Trio. The food is exceptional and the staff very accommodating. Looking forward to the new menu that they told us was coming out, can't wait to see what is on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJohnsviewDined on 11/8/2014Sat on the terrace and had a great view of the Plaza. Delicious food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!!!FoodFoodFoodDined on 11/8/2014The food was exquisite. The atmosphere was divine. The service was exemplary. No finer restaurant in Kansas City! The lamb was an unbelievable experience in food. My wife is a salmon fanatic and believes Cafe Trio's salmon dish to be the best she has eaten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceAdlibDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is on the fringe of the Country Club Plaza but has such a friendly staff atmosphere you feel like old friends the first time you go. The staff make an extra effort to see you are taken care of and don't act territorial. The menu is somewhat limited but the food presentation is artistic and preparation is tasty. Local artwork is shown on the dininig room walls and rotated every 6 weeks. Great place - we'll be back.Special Features:
- Rate it 6 out of 10!SirJazzDined on 11/7/2014Service was a bit lacking, as there was only 2 other tables occupied inside (waited 30mins between drinks and daily special) & ordered $7.50 glass of wine (was almost half full, so traded it for bottle!). Food was good, and noise level was low. Overall have enjoyed Cafe Trio about 15yrs... Menu is mediocre now, but tasty. Wish the humus would come back... And quality would come up a notch!... It COULD be a 3-star place easily!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fromlltodineDined on 11/1/2014Very enjoyable. Only one person of the group of four did not find the food to his liking. the flat bread and crab cake appetizers were very good.Special Features:
- great as usualLarryVIPDined on 11/1/2014The roasthing chicken was fantastic as well as the fried green to mates with goat cheeseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween TreatEaglehubDined on 10/31/2014Café Trio was an amazing experience. The level of detail and the atmosphere was first class. I certainly plan on returning to this gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ghoulishly GoodExceptionalVIPDined on 10/31/2014We went on Halloween and we surprised to see the entire wait staff was in full costume. Combined with the always fabulous food, it made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- We LOVE Cafe Trio!MClaireDined on 10/28/2014This time we brought our International Officer from Belgium and his wife. They said this was the best meal they had had since arriving in the US in August! Our table of 4 ordered the Salmon, 2 Talapia plates and the Hanger Steak. Everyone enjoyed their meals, the Talapia w/the chipotle raspberry sauce is a fav of mine. We also had the Heirloom Tomato w/blue cheese which was excellent! Cafe Trio has never faultered; we have been followers since before they moved to the Plaza, where they grandly stepped up their game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will be backiowaguyDined on 10/25/2014Came in from out of town, found Cafe Trio online and thought it looked good. Needless to say it didnt disappoint. The service was good, the atmosphere was good, and most importantly the food was good. Also thought the Halloween decor was a fun twist. Will definitely be on the short list next time i'm in KC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!!TheDiningMobileDined on 10/25/2014I took relatives out to celebrate a birthday! Whenever I want to impress friends in town or friends who are visiting from out of town, I usually take them to Cafe Trio. Their menu offers some of the most succulent dishes! The menu is changed slightly from time to time but they never fail to deliver! One of my dinner guests raved that they had never tasted a better tenderloin filet! Another raved about the scallops! The food is always great, prepared to perfection and the wait staff is second to none! I have never seen better customer service! Cafe Trio makes a special effort to decorate for each holiday and my guests were super impressed with the Halloween decor - it was so tastefully done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Love cafe treo. Will go back as often as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delight in the plazaMassageDined on 10/21/2014Always an eclectic menu, presentation exceptional, good portion size & good mixing of flavors. Enjoy soft piano music & decoration in dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014I had viewed a sample menu online but it was not what was offered that evening. I was disappointed I couldn't order the pork chop and I'm scared of pork belly that was available. I ended up with the salmon and the sauce was delightful.Special Features:
- great spotthenowandthendinerDined on 10/17/2014the food was excellent. lots of great choices. both large plates and small plates. the waiter was especially helpful, indicating what was a really good choice and what would be a good combination. we were in a quieter part of the restaurant which for our purposes--talking one on one-- was even better. a great evening.Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 10/16/2014Trio always delivers. The only disappointrmen was the lack of BIG pieces of candied pecans in the salad. It must have been the end of the jar of pecans - the salad had nothing but crums basically. No, we did not complain at the time.....probably should have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat1793VIPDined on 10/11/2014Been here probably 20-ish times now, and have never been disappointed. Our favorite in KC.Special Features:
- Loved the menu!KC18Dined on 10/10/2014I loved the menu at Cafe Trio and could hardly decide what to order. My family and I tried the tilapia, mac and cheese and a couple of flatbreads. Everything was delicious! I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Always a great timeLakeLadyDined on 10/4/2014The service was great, the rib eye fantastic as usual. Staff friendly and helpful. One of my go to places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salman special and Walleye dinnersEhrengardDined on 10/4/2014The food was quality poor and flavorless will not go back...
- cherylVIPDined on 10/3/2014The view from the outdoor porch, the service and the food were all wonderful! I tried the special salmon and would love to have another serving right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TriotomthornVIPDined on 9/28/2014is at the top of our list for dining out. Dining room and deck are among the city's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this Cafe!loveditDined on 9/27/2014We were celebrating our son's and his wife's anniversary, and my wife's birthday. First time at this restaurant. Loved the ambiance and great food. Our waiter ( Tony I believe) was the best. Best we have had for a while.Special Features:
- Birthday gatheringRudyDined on 9/26/2014The evening couldn't have been more perfect. The four of us each ordered separate dishes, and all were notably superb. Our wait person, Jordan did a terrific job of attending to our every need, there when we needed her, glasses kept full with ice water, and all courses of the meal arrived in a timely fashion. The food was magnificent, including the presentation, the taste and the combination of each entree paired with vegetables and a starch. We had a 6:00 pm reservation and easily made it to the theater in time for an 8:00 pm show. Thanks for a terrific evening at Cafe Trio. We look forward to returning. RPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cafe trio?paulinaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Really disappointed. Started 7p.m. got food half past 8 with no apologies. Food has changed. salmon was some sort of croquet not a filet and the rissoto was so oniony i could not eat it. My seafood trio was off the menu and my favorite steak is now $50. Plus, I felt like bread should have been offered especially since the food was so lat. Where or where is my Cafe Trio I have loves since the old location. I want to support you, but you are making it hard.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014It seems like most times I have been to Trio, they are usually out of something on their menu. Their menu selecton for entrees isn't huge, so this can be a little bit of a bummer. Hoewever, the entree that I did select instead of their scallops was excellent.Special Features:
- All About ServiceluvserviceDined on 9/20/2014We all can trust our taste buds to tell us it was good or bad. The food was very good, you could argue that the chef might like garlic a bit too much, and the shrimp on the flat bread was overdone. What it comes down to is; the food was very good, good selection, good presentation,complex flavors and textures. The wine list was delightful, playfully executed, nice range and quality products. It was very good. What our taste buds can't tell us, and to me such a key factor is how will the sever assist or take away from my night. Cafe trio must take the time to train and educate because not only our sever but even the ones near us seemed knowledgeable, engaging and some times just straight up funny. This value add makes one want to come back.Special Features:
- Great upscale experienceJJinKCDined on 9/19/2014The ambiance was pleasant, we had a small half-circle booth by the front windows and there was a pianist playing classic tunes. The waitress was friendly and good about making suggestions - I did not like the cocktail she recommended but she helped us out on dinner and boy was it good! We had the pork belly and tilapia with a side of the mac and cheese, everything was superb. The entrees are more about presentation and taste than portions, you pay a little more but what you get will be excellent. Though it wasn't a lot of food it was more than enough for us. I would absolutely go back, this is a top 10 restaurant in KC.Special Features:
- Cafe Trio dedicated 2 deliciousnessFoodGloriousFoodDined on 9/19/2014I started to use the word reliable but some may find reliable boring. I instead choose the word dedicated, as I know each time I make a reservation at Cafe Trio, the food, the service and the ambiance will be wonderful. So please know that this restaurant is truly dedicated to deliciousness and it's the place you can go and always know everything will be fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe TrioFoodie92Dined on 9/19/2014Cafe Trio was fabulous for our family. Even though we brought our children with us, I wouldn't say this is a restaurant for children. Our children were well-behaved and have been encouraged to try different foods. So much so, that our 9 yr old ordered the Prince Edward Island Mussels for his meal and exclaimed while eating "This is delicious! I love this place!". We all got a kick out of that. The ambiance was lovely with beautiful decor and a fun piano player entertaining us. My husband and I could enjoy a romantic night out even with our children along. We were celebrating my birthday, but no embarrasing songs or antics ensued. My husband and I are foodies and enjoyed excellent meals (the filet and the diver scallops).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food4funVIPDined on 9/19/2014What a delightful beginning to a "night on the town!" The service, drinks and food were outstanding. Our choices of the salmon roumalade and the scallops were some of the best we have had. The staff was welcoming and friendly as well as knowledgeable about the menu. We have no hesitation in recommending Cafe Trio to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual GormetPatronDined on 9/18/2014Wonderful ambiance, music with Tim Whitmer sets relaxed mood. Mussels super, Tilapia excellent. Service smooth and seamless. If another waiter noticed something need to be cleared or re-filled, it was done, even if not his/her table. Well trained staff.Special Features:
- Great lunchBob47VIPDined on 9/18/2014Had lunch with a friend. Braised brisket sandwich and a cheeseburger with egg. Outstanding. Great service. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to Cafe TrioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Met a friend for lunch. Great atmosphere, food, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serivekassonmoDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter Jake was great. We sat on the patio and it was a perfect night. The food, as always was amazing. Everyone focuses on the mac and cheese but I would personally say the friend green tomatoes are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!nomnomnomVIPDined on 9/13/2014I came here for dinner and was very pleased. Just got the Mac Daddy with cheese (no bacon, tomatoes, etc.), and it was absolutely delicious! The service was pretty good, and I was also happy with the ambiance and wine list. I would definitely come back.Special Features: