825 North Magnolia Avenue
Orlando, FL 32803Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafetrastevere.com/
- Phone: 4078390235
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Philippe Meiffret
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Please call 407-839-0235 and ask Santos for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Santos 4078390235
A word from Café Trastevere
Café Trastevere is on Magnolia Avenue in downtown Orlando, just about a block from all the shopping and heavy traffic on Colonial Drive. Café Trastevere is a quiet oasis and one that evokes a wonderfully cozy, intimate environment. With a glass of wine in front of you and the smell of freshly cooked pasta rising up from the kitchen, this is a place to go when you want a dining atmosphere that's quiet, romantic and intimate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Café Trastevere - Best Restaurants in Downtown Orlando ›
Café Trastevere reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (10)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Hidden gemFoodieDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant was a few minutes walk away from the hotel we were staying in and was discovered by accident. Loved all the food excellent carbonara. The clam appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- BewareOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014The food was decent but the restaurant was a little warm despite a wall unit. Two of the employees, I believe the owner and possibly a relative, bickered openly for most of the night. The service was confusing because we didn't know exactly who our server was. It was an overall uncomfortable feeling knowing the staff was unhappy.Special Features:
- Good food..the rest, not so muchNordicmanDined on 6/21/2014Arrived after making a reservation a few weeks before the reservation date and when I arrived, they had no idea we were coming. It was a very warm day and the restaurant was really hot. A small window AC unit could not keep up with the temperature of the room. They also seemed to be understaffed as the service was a little slow. We were there for an hour before we had our food but there were other large parties ahead of us. Maybe on a less crowded cooler night, it would have been great but it was less than the star experience it was touted to be.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Found this place through a Groupon offer. It's off the beaten path, and the place is not that big. But the food was excellent and so was the server. She was attentive and knew the menu and offered suggestions. We were visiting from Ohio and wanted to go somewhere that was not a chain. So, this met all of our requirements. It was worth the 20 min dirve. I give a strong recommendation for this establishmentSpecial Features:
- this was for our 28th anniversarycamera5dDined on 6/7/2014The food is good and we consider this restaurant a quality establishment. We were surprised they use powdered instead of graded. The veal was good and we go back I would order it again. The waiter did recommend the veal.. we were there for our 28th. I made the reservation and mentioned it on the reservation. When we arrived it wasn't even mentioned by the restaurant. People like to feel a little special on special occasions. We were immediately seated because there were open tables. They do provide good service and quality food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlbcarlDined on 5/23/2014Great place for a dinner and the food was delicious. My only complaint is that the a/c was to high so it was hot inside the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nothing special this time.glinge321VIPDined on 5/10/2014This was our fourth time eating at this restaurant. There was nothing special about this visit. The food the service the friendliness just wasn't there this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2014The Cafe Trastevere reminds you of restaurants that are typical of downtown locations. It was quaint, yet the service and food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!FoodieExplorerDined on 5/2/2014Homemade Italian dishes.... awesome flavor... notable wine list... excellent service... will definately return for another amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe TrastevereBrianDDined on 4/28/2014The food was great. The patio is lovely. I have a fifty character minimum length I have to hit, which is what this last sentence is for.Special Features:
- Friendly little Italian bistrodrfoodDined on 4/7/2014I met an old friend for dinner at Cafe Travestere. We chose the cozy dining room, but the patio looked equally appealing. The menu had a great selection of traditional and modern Italian dishes. I chose gnocchi with four cheeses - the gnocchi were hand-made that day, with just the right mouthfeel. My friend chose veal parmigiana, which was good but not great. The wine list was impressive - I settled for the house Chianti, which was excellent. We had a seating right at opening, so when the dining room filled up toward the end of our meal, the noise level did reach moderate. Our server was excellent. In summary very good food, outstanding service, nice ambience - I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedMKBGDined on 4/4/2014I was looking for a nice restaurant downtown for a family birthday dinner. It is Lent and the dinner was to be held on a Friday, which made choices limited. I found this restaurant on Open Table and made a reservation. I was a little worried based on some of the reviews, but it was fantastic. We sat outside and the weather was perfect. The host was gracious and the food was excellent. Two guests in my party ordered the lobster ravioli and they definitely do not skimp on lobster. The penne alla vodka with salmon was also packed with salmon and very delicious. We were pleased and plan on going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Café Trastevere is a veryluv2dineoutVIPDined on 4/4/2014Café Trastevere is a very good Italian Restaurant with local owners that are very attentive to their guests . It has a small and intimate dining room reminiscent of the old world. It has two outside dining areas which are very nice and a large upstairs for private small to large functions. Their menu incorporates traditional Italian dishes to nightly specials. It is a don't miss. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Café Trastevere reviews archive.
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Neat location.......It was a cool night so we sat close to a heater but they were not working..................Our food was good but the other couple we were with not so pleased................The service was very slow...............Glad we went will not returnSpecial Features:
- Hidden in plain sightFoodie2Dined on 2/22/2014We have driven by this place more times that I can count, and always said we'd try it... for years. Finally, we had our opportunity. It was phenomenal! They treated us very well, and even our daughter felt like a VIP. We sat on the patio and enjoyed a great Italian wine with our perfectly seasoned meals while the owner chatted with us, and our two servers took care of every desire. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very invitingBrianDined on 2/14/2014Although from the exterior this appears to be a unique and local venue, the overall experience was very poor. The valentine day menu, unknown when the registration was made, was preset at $50/person. The dishes are typical italian fare and over-loaded with sauce to try and disguise the bland meat/chicken/fish. Other than the soup, not much else was exciting. The inside is old and tired, and no real character. The decor is lacking and uninviting. Maybe a long time ago this was a unique dining venue, but certainly not now.
- I've eaten here before andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I've eaten here before and the food was amazing, however I reserved for V-day and was extremely disappointed when I arrived to find the menu was limited to 1 appetizer, 5 entrees, and a couple dessert options for $50 per person. The appetizer was basically 4 pieces of bread. They were unwilling to make any of the meals my girlfriend and I enjoyed there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and invitingBethVIPDined on 1/29/2014The inside is quite small...about 8 tables but very warm and romantic though groups of 4 to 6 could be accommodated. It was nice and quiet and great for conversation. The menu is pretty much classic Italian dishes but they are prepared nicely and worth the moderate prices...especially with such a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian treasurefscwcuugaDined on 1/24/2014It's hard to find a small Italian restaurant in this town with a varied menu. Great service, menu and a variety of specials made this a special occasion. Nice and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian Near Church Stationjaybird51VIPDined on 1/22/2014Small, intimate dining room, nice atmosphere. Food was very good, we had 3 of the salads, all contained fresh ingredients, the bread served was delicious. we had 2 veal dishes, eggplant parm and chicken gorgonzola. Everything was cooked to order and served with a side of broccoli, spinach and onion, freshly prepared. Minor complaint would be that the veal in the veal piccata could have been pounded a bit thinner, but overall we enjoyed our meal and would recommend.Special Features:
- They have an intimate diningluv2dineoutVIPDined on 1/18/2014They have an intimate dining room with two outside dining areas as well as an upstairs that accommodates large groups. The owners are hands on and welcome you and seat you. The staff is friendly and attentive. Their entrees are very good with traditional Italian entrees as well as daily specials. We always enjoy dinner there and it is a don't miss for locals and tourists alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2014went with a party of 6 and we had an interesting experience. The service was very slow, especially with us being seated upstairs. We were seated and it took about 15 minutes for us to see our waitress and an additional 15 minutes to get water and bread on the table as well as wine. We ordered apps and dinner then the wait was really on. about 25 minutes later the apps soup and salad showed up. The Soup (Crab and Corn bisque) was excellent. The calamari, was great and the salads were okay. That was about the end of the good food. 45 minutes later food that tasted like it came out of a can showed up, with the pasta floating in water. Gnocchi and sauces were store bought despite what we were told. $200 and 2 hours later we were not very happy.Special Features:
- PastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/16/2014Pasta needs to be al dente. Too overcooked for my palet. That was my only complaint. The owner told me to ask for it al dente next time. Asked if they could reopen maybe 2 days a week for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown dining?Geoff1066Dined on 1/11/2014Hard to imaging Orlando downtown having a great evening dining spot.....think again! Try it...you'll be surprised!Special Features:
- Good authentic Italian food,franDined on 1/2/2014Good authentic Italian food, very personable staff and small but wonderfully intimate setting. Limited wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedAmyElisabethDined on 12/19/2013Planned a surprise birthday dinner for a friend. Two days prior to the event, I saw some reviews online about lackluster service and long waits. I was nervous about how the night would turn out but it was too late to scramble while still keeping it a surprise. We went on a Thurs evening, they sat us on the patio (party of 8) and assured the patio heater was available if needed. The service was good, owner/mgr? checked in with us a few times and was very friendly. We each got something different and were pleasantly surprised with everything from bruschetta to complimentary tiramisu for the birthday boy. The only concern was the Peroni beer $7/ea and didn't realize that until the bill arrived. I can say the Penne alla Gorgonzola was delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a hidden gemBarnesatOmahaDined on 12/18/2013The food was awesome. Highly recommended, quiet spot. Will return next month when I'm back in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trestavere was lacking in servicedlchaseDined on 12/7/2013Party of 4 Celebrating wife's birthday. Used a $75 gift certificate but you had to spend $150. Work out well on that front. The owner was our server and he kept pressuring us to order before we were ready. Tables were too small and could not fit everthing and they had to keep clearing stuff out of our way ...very bothersome when you are trying to have a conversation. They were out of my favortte (filet mignon) which is a common item and I dont understand this. The rest of the food was great but the main complaint was the manager bugging us and no room on the tables. Noise was not a big issue but the place was so small that it could get noisy quickly.Special Features:
- The main dining room is smallluv2dineoutVIPDined on 11/22/2013The main dining room is small and intimate. But it does have two nice outdoor dining areas and an upstairs that accommodates large groups and/or private parties. The owner greets you and is very attentive and friendly as is the rest of the staff. Their food is cooked to order and has some of your favorite Italian staples such as eggplant parm & calamari as well as special fishes of the day. Their cannoli's are great! Don't miss this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday DinnerFoodLover123Dined on 11/16/2013I went with my boyfriend to Cafe Trastevere for my birthday and it was really romantic, the food was delicious and the wine was very good. I ordered the three cheese tortelli, caprese salad for appetizer, and tiramisu for dessert (get it!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, just not greatExplorer1Dined on 11/15/2013Very small place with tables that are a little too small to accommodate 4 and uncomfortable, small chairs. Only six tables in the main part with a small bar at the entrance with a couple of more tables. Quaint in an old European sort of way. The food was decent, the wine list short, but the wine we had was good. I would go back again, but would not make any special effort to do so. Worth trying once. Pricing is about average. The service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden trattoria in the cityBPat32812Dined on 11/12/2013We've driven by this Cafe forever and finally decided to give it a try. We're glad we did. What a treat. We dined outside surrounded by rope lights and great oldies on the sound system. I was encouraged to try the calamari that was not fried, but rather simmered in a sauce, and I was very glad I took our server's advice. It was yummy. Our main courses came straight out of old Little Italy in Greenwich Village. The mix of patrons says a lot.Young 30 somethings, a small group of businessmen, a group of men doing their male bonding thing, an elderly couple delighting in the clear balmy night. Sometimes what you want in a restaurant is an old Italian neighbor's encouragement to mangia, mangia. This is the place for that experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun in the FrayKara407Dined on 11/9/2013It was very busy! Everybody was friendly! True Italian. The food was not spectacular, but the total experience was wonderful. Will go back again and have already recommended. I believe the owner or at least a family member to the owner was not only our host, but took our order. He is very lively and made our visit special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great..slow experience..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013They could not be bothered to care. Bread was old. Small tables. One dish was good the other swimming in butter. Go to live garden. Cheaper and consistent.
- major disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/2013Made a reservation because of reviews on open table. Should have known what to expect when we arrived for our reservation and they did not know about reservation. Service was very slow. Spinach Salad came with no dressing! When I asked about dressing I was told to use the oil and vinegar supplied on the table. Food had to be some of the blandest Italian food we have ever had. Fettucini Alfredo had absolutely no cheese. Just noodles, cream, and butter! Even the tomatoe sauce was bitter. Salmon was over cooked and dry. Tasted stale. Would definetly not recommended this restaurant. If you like good Italian food stay away from here.
- Service was wanting..DRC876VIPDined on 11/6/2013Ate outside and it was lovely. Had to find our server twice and we are not at all demanding customers. Food was good and the patio was just what we wanted for an evening out. We might be back, but probably not. There are too many other restaurants that are as good.Special Features:
- Sometimes you're luckyMofaulVIPDined on 11/6/2013Looking for a last minute dinner on a business trip - this place hit all the notes - made me look good and you can easily talk and enjoy your company. Food was excellent, nice wine, but not an extensive list. Had a very nice time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Italian Dining!GrifDined on 10/26/2013"I love the cozy feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The grouper piccata was amazing and the artisan bread (warm from the oven) was perfect with butter or dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable. We will definitely return for more enjoyable evenings with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very quaint and romanticintensityderenDined on 10/24/2013Restaurant is very quaint and romantic - especially the outdoor patio. Although the servers were very attentive, we realized that they are very good at leaving you alone which is appreciated when you are out on date night. They don't constantly bother you or upsell. We had a very good romantic date night meal and will be back. Food was delicious and authentic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodguestDined on 10/12/2013There are so many Italian chain restaurants in existence that it is refreshing to find one that isn't. The food was great. I'm not Italian and have never been to Italy, so while I can't say whether not it was truly authentic Italian food, it's certainly more authentic then what you'd find at any chain restaurant. The service was okay. The aged gentleman host who seated us was really friendly, while our server was a little more cold; though not bad by any means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.